NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 7, Closed, Humans Not Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Wait, hold on-

If this place is so misogynistic, how is Paula Deen President?

She's the figurehead of a whole bunch of men. Also, she's meant to appease any feminist that tries to speak up.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Here's the rough. The flag is actually a cropped version of a desktop image that I have.

Name: Eden [Demon name: Shamayim]
Leader: Paula Deen
Flag:
Composed of: somewhere in Hell.
Language(s): Official (and only legal) language is English, although the demons still speak one of the Semitic languages underground (Phoenician, Ammonite, Moabite, Edomite).
Description: [In the style of a NationStates nation overview.]

The Southern Paradise of Eden is a huge, relatively safe nation, ruled by Paula Deen with a soft and wrinkly hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its meek, racist, hateful, backwards, fundamentalist, and cynical population of 5.3 million is kept under strict control by the oppressive government, and is ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up. This is not to mention the 204 million demons and half-demons living in the same country, for they are de jure second class citizens if not cartel.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Reeducation—ahem, Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paula Deen City. Christian citizens pay a flat income tax of 32%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

The workforce is almost entirely made up of demon slave labour, people have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, demons are regularly beaten on the streets for not being “Christian” enough, and conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Eden's national animal is the pig, which is grown in cages not large enough for a human child on the country’s numerous hog farms, its national religion is Southern Baptist, and its currency is the Apple.

Characters from here: n/a
Changes since magic was revealed:

Okay, let’s be serious.

The area was taken over by fundamentalist humans (presumed to be members of something akin to the modern-day extremist Republican Party) soon after Hell fell in 2020. They named it after the Garden of Eden, which is considered to be Terrestrial Paradise before the fall of humans from the Lord’s grace and introduction of original sin.

Eden is a total misnomer, for although the country seems perfect and idyllic on the surface, underneath it is a group of demons slaving under the hot sun in Hell for their human masters, most of whom are white.

The demons are left uneducated and ignorant—or at least more so than the first class human citizens—and are forbidden from getting into groups of three or more. This causes some problems when the demons have more than one child in a two parent household, so many demon families send their oldest children to neighbors who are too old to have kids or are completely sterile and hence utterly incapable of reproducing. They are also forbidden from interacting with human people freely, as their interactions are limited to slave and master or servant to master, and they have a curfew of 5 PM local time. Enforced segregation is in place, which is akin to apartheid in South Africa.

Actually, just presume that demon (and part-demon) life here is a mix of the antebellum South prior to the Civil War and South Africa before 1994, when apartheid was abolished. So, essentially, pretty bad.

All of this is enforced by magitech, which keeps them down and the humans (which are a minority here) in power.

The area is a haven for neo-Nazis and other white (and now human) supremacists, who are in total and complete power. Biblical morality is highly enforced, and the government is highly religious, misogynistic and homophobic.

Education here (especially in the sciences) sucks, because who needs to learn about evolution—I’m sorry, evillution—when they can learn about the glory of the first humans Adam and Eve and our Savior Jesus Christ?

You really, really don’t want to live here. Really.

Wait, hold on-

More pertinently, why are people still making Paula Deen jokes?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Wait, hold on-

She's the figurehead of a whole bunch of men. Also, she's meant to appease any feminist that tries to speak up.

Eh, it seems stupid to me.

Also, if a feminist speaks up, bitch slap her.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Mind, we barely know who Liri's characters are.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:She's the figurehead of a whole bunch of men. Also, she's meant to appease any feminist that tries to speak up.

Eh, it seems stupid to me.

Good point. Will be fixed.

I'll just repost the app, and you can link to that.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Mind, we barely know who Liri's characters are.

Exactly. So this is perfect. Liri's character gets some development!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Eh, it seems stupid to me.

Good point. Will be fixed.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Mind, we barely know who Liri's characters are.

Remind me- who's Liri? :p
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Good point. Will be fixed.

Remind me- who's Liri? :p

You know, Liri.

The one.

That one.

With the face.

Actually, that might be Mav.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Remind me- who's Liri? :p

You know, Liri.

The one.

That one.

With the face.

Actually, that might be Mav.

Or Ranbo.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Nat, can you post as Rosalind before I continue Astro's subplot?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat, can you post as Rosalind before I continue Astro's subplot?

The problem is that I'm not entirely sure what to post.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat, can you post as Rosalind before I continue Astro's subplot?

The problem is that I'm not entirely sure what to post.

Anything, even if its two sentences and "Oh, look, liquid fire."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:The problem is that I'm not entirely sure what to post.

Anything, even if its two sentences and "Oh, look, liquid fire."

I'm having a slight crisis of characterization.

Because the only thing I can post here and not hate myself is a joke, but Rosalind is not one for cracking jokes or even being particularly comedic.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Anything, even if its two sentences and "Oh, look, liquid fire."

I'm having a slight crisis of characterization.

Because the only thing I can post here and not hate myself is a joke, but Rosalind is not one for cracking jokes or even being particularly comedic.

Sure- she's a Jameson. Call it a homage.

But it bothers you that much, I'll post anyway.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Fixed. Also added some more information regarding how hellish this place is.

Leader: Richard John "Rick" Santorum
Flag:

Language(s): Official (and only legal) language is English, although the demons still speak one of the Semitic languages underground (Phoenician, Ammonite, Moabite, Edomite).

The Southern Paradise of Eden is a huge, relatively safe nation, ruled by Richard John “Rick” Santorum with a soft and wrinkly hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its meek, racist, hateful, backwards, fundamentalist, and cynical population of 5.3 million is kept under strict control by the oppressive government, and is ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up. This is not to mention the 204 million demons and half-demons living in the same country, for they are de jure second class citizens if not cartel.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Reeducation—ahem, Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paula Deen City. Christian citizens pay a flat income tax of 32%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

The workforce is almost entirely made up of demon slave labour, people have to sneak out of the country in order to have sex, demons are regularly beaten on the streets for not being “Christian” enough, and conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Eden's national animal is the pig, which is grown in cages not large enough for a human child on the country’s numerous hog farms, its national religion is Southern Baptist, and its currency is the Apple.

Okay, let’s be serious.

The area was taken over by fundamentalist humans (presumed to be members of something akin to the modern-day extremist Republican Party) soon after Hell fell in 2020. They named it after the Garden of Eden, which is considered to be Terrestrial Paradise before the fall of humans from the Lord’s grace and introduction of original sin.

The thing is, Eden is a total misnomer, for although the country seems perfect and idyllic on the surface, underneath it is a group of demons slaving under the hot sun in Hell for their human masters, most of whom are white.

The demons are left uneducated and ignorant—or at least more so than the first class human citizens—and are forbidden from getting into groups of three or more. This causes some problems when the demons have more than one child in a two parent household, so many demon families send their oldest children to neighbors who are too old to have kids or are completely sterile and hence utterly incapable of reproducing. They are also forbidden from interacting with human people freely, as their interactions are limited to slave and master or servant to master, and they have a curfew of 5 PM local time. Enforced segregation is in place, which is akin to apartheid in South Africa.

Actually, just presume that demon (and part-demon) life here is a mix of the antebellum South prior to the Civil War and South Africa before 1994, when apartheid was abolished. So, essentially, pretty bad.

All of this is enforced by magitech, which keeps them down and the humans (which are a minority here) in power.

The area is a haven for neo-Nazis and other white (and now human) supremacists, who are in total and complete power. Biblical morality is highly enforced, and the government is highly religious, misogynistic and homophobic.

Women in general are considered to be like children, first under the guidance of their fathers, then under the guidance of her husband, and then of their sons. Widows and single women have the right to own some property, but married women do not have any autonomic rights. Women cannot vote, and they have no reproductive rights.

All evidence-based birth control methods (read: anything that’s not “pull the penis out” or “rhythm method”) is illegal, as the woman’s role in the society is to bear as many children as possible. Abortion is banned in all cases, even in cases of rape or to save the life of the mother in an emergency. Any sex position that’s not missionary penis-in-vagina intercourse is illegal. Same sex relations are illegal. Identifying as any gender that’s does not coincide your biological sex is banned and will get you killed. Pornography is banned in all forms, and if you’re caught with porn, you will be stoned in front of the whole community.

Premarital sex? Forget it. You get caught, and you and your lover will be stoned. Naked.

Basically, if Crowley came here, he would arrested for sexual deviancy within five minutes

Education here (especially in the sciences) sucks, because who needs to learn about evolution—I’m sorry, evillution—when they can learn about the glory of the first humans Adam and Eve and our Savior Jesus Christ?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Fixed. Also added some more information regarding how hellish this place is.

Leader: Richard John "Rick" Santorum
Flag:

The Southern Paradise of Eden is a huge, relatively safe nation, ruled by Richard John “Rick” Santorum with a soft and wrinkly hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its meek, racist, hateful, backwards, fundamentalist, and cynical population of 5.3 million is kept under strict control by the oppressive government, and is ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up. This is not to mention the 204 million demons and half-demons living in the same country, for they are de jure second class citizens if not cartel.

Okay, let’s be serious.

The thing is, Eden is a total misnomer, for although the country seems perfect and idyllic on the surface, underneath it is a group of demons slaving under the hot sun in Hell for their human masters, most of whom are white.

Women in general are considered to be like children, first under the guidance of their fathers, then under the guidance of her husband, and then of their sons. Widows and single women have the right to own some property, but married women do not have any autonomic rights. Women cannot vote, and they have no reproductive rights.

All evidence-based birth control methods (read: anything that’s not “pull the penis out” or “rhythm method”) is illegal, as the woman’s role in the society is to bear as many children as possible. Abortion is banned in all cases, even in cases of rape or to save the life of the mother in an emergency. Any sex position that’s not missionary penis-in-vagina intercourse is illegal. Same sex relations are illegal. Identifying as any gender that’s does not coincide your biological sex is banned and will get you killed. Pornography is banned in all forms, and if you’re caught with porn, you will be stoned in front of the whole community.

Premarital sex? Forget it. You get caught, and you and your lover will be stoned. Naked.

Basically, if Crowley came here, he would arrested for sexual deviancy within five minutes

You should have taken my suggestion. :(

But approved.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You should have taken my suggestion. :(

But approved.

I didn't see your suggestion until I after I posted. :(

Put him somewhere in this place. Somehow, I think he'll find a high ranking position there — chief justice, perhaps?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You should have taken my suggestion. :(

But approved.

I didn't see your suggestion until I after I posted. :(

Put him somewhere in this place. Somehow, I think he'll find a high ranking position there — chief justice, perhaps?

Probably.

The man we're discussing, by the way, is Pat Robertson.

He of the wise words.

"I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." –Pat Robertson, on "gay days" at Disneyworld
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:I didn't see your suggestion until I after I posted. :(

Probably.

He of the wise words.

"I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." –Pat Robertson, on "gay days" at Disneyworld

I also like how he thinks Orlando is a nation.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Probably.

He of the wise words.

I also like how he thinks Orlando is a nation.

To be fair, I have a HUGE selection to choose from, since there's way too many sexist, homophobic dickhats in the US. Rick Santorum's the only one whose urbandictionary term's NSFW though (to my recollection). :P

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 pm

As a heads-up, I may sleep early today. Well, it'll be more of a nap for me, really.

Aliana will also return on Saturday, since her mother's feeling better now and her side of the family's met Arjun, so my recent burst of free time will be severe cut as I spend time with them again.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... canAccents

On Pittsburgh: "American descendants of the Stupid Polack. Low-class and vulgar, economically depressed and trying to make up for it through a slavish devotion to local sports teams."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:As a heads-up, I may sleep early today. Well, it'll be more of a nap for me, really.

Aliana will also return on Saturday, since her mother's feeling better now and her side of the family's met Arjun, so my recent burst of free time will be severe cut as I spend time with them again.

Family time is more important that needy asshole friends time.
I'm glad you're getting your family back, Harrison Ford. :hug:
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:As a heads-up, I may sleep early today. Well, it'll be more of a nap for me, really.

Family time is more important that needy asshole friends time.

I feel bad for not getting this reference now. :p
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Erinkita wrote:Family time is more important that needy asshole friends time.

I feel bad for not getting this reference now. :p

That's why pop culture references exist. ;)
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I feel bad for not getting this reference now. :p

That's why pop culture references exist. ;)

Did you manage to watch that Hindi movie I suggested to you?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse