NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Yeah, I should have cleared that with someone. I didn't think it would be a problem since there were already zombies around when I did that.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 am

It was the kind of international incident that starts World War III, Bran. The Branreich just fired an ICBM at another sovereign nation, and then followed up with invading troops, all right after your unjustified military occupation was tossed out. What did you think would happen?

Your nation realistically would've been reduced to a smoldering crater. This is why we can't allow this kind of stuff. There's an unfortunate tendency amongst some players to not think of the consequences of their actions, and then cry when said consequences bite them in the ass.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 am

Bone Fort wrote:some players to not think of the consequences of their actions, and then cry when said consequences bite them in the ass.

That would be moi, right?

I'm trying to stop that now, and that was so long ago too. I think I came up with a reason why it happened though.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 am

Not just you Bran. I'm not naming anyone, but I do appreciate the fact that you recognize and admit to your flaw. There's two ways to fix that problem. Either start thinking about the consequences, or don't and stop whining when they bite you in the ass. Either one works. This attitude:

"I was only committing crimes against humanity, why's everyone so angry?"

... is unacceptable.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 am

Yeah, I'll admit that I used to be that way quite often. I've been getting away from that now, or trying to at least.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 am

Bran, Imma let you in on my plan. Bran will be allowed to wear his uniform. The Minister will correct (or try to correct) all of the damage that Yuri has done.

Also, do you all like spa's and hot springs? If so, you'll love Urran.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 am

I kind of thought it would be funny if Bran was told not to, but sure! You don't need to change things for me.

:hug:

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am

The BranRiech wrote:I kind of thought it would be funny if Bran was told not to, but sure! You don't need to change things for me.

:hug:

I'm not changing anything. It's all part of the plan.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:07 am

Tiltjuice wrote:RPers come to PL for the same reason people go to bars. It's where everybody knows your name.

I forget, who are you? :p
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:47 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:RPers come to PL for the same reason people go to bars. It's where everybody knows your name.

Nightkill, but you don't have a reason to talk to the little people while you have your appletini and cuban cigar! :p

@Swith's Suggestion: I'm honestly torn on the concept that you've presented. While on one hand it would be sorta nice to have this little area for people to just tear around in and destroy things with wacky inventions, I feel that it also destroys a little bit of the potential of stuff we've got going on. Ray's business? What good is a detective in a world where you can just shoot the guy who you think is cheating on your wife? NVE's little clinic story would be much more chaotic with a bunch of craters and bullet casings littering the streets, and it'd get rid of the noire concept I had planned for each case. We suddenly get rid of the casual civilian stuff and replace it all with "let's blow up the whole town!", and I feel that the long-term interest might go down a little.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

Tego Witherward wrote:
I didn't realize the tablet creature would travel directly north. We need better planning and communication. My computer was so screwed up last night from a malware program that I had trouble loading even the OOC. I wasn't able to do much IC except fix a post to respond to Bran.

The Market District and Downtown are trashed, so they're closed. They're both vital districts for game function. I'm backing Cer... Prim, end it today please, and restore the people. Swith and Ogoti are both out of town.

I'd like feedback from everyone on this, please:

Does anyone care if we don't fix those areas? I'm sensing that it's not important to people if the stuff is there, and that's okay. People have wanted to go back to the way PL used to be, and that included trashing the city and killing millions of people all the time (it seemed).

I just don't want to invest a lot of time in it if people don't want it. That sounds defeatist but (honestly and straight up with peeps), I'm stung that Prim walked that thing straight through those vital areas without regard to their purpose or the NPCs involved. Chaos is indestructible, but I imagine Mei Gardens, Mama Toussaints, Herb's Model Emporium, Shencheng, the fish market, Wu's Diamond Garden, Bran's new business and the memorial are gone. Downtown had the Cathedral with stained glass depicting the life of Christ plus a monument to Albert and Thriller's gun crews, the government buildings, two of Thriller's businesses, the museums, the zoo, the aquarium, the art galleries, Food Conglomerate HQ, and a few other important things. It's heading north, and that'll take out the rest of Thriller's businesses in the Industrial district. With the exception of the Building, Wilting Succubus, the lakes and residential areas and a few "killing zones", we're pretty much left with little "world".

We do have events planned where people can trash stuff but we haven't been able to do any of them yet. It's courtesy to you guys since you want freedom to run your own adventures. I like the fact you guys do that. But, Carnivals were just the tip of the iceberg, and I've got stuff in the pipeline... we haven't been able to open the city up "full throttle" yet because of all the adventures.

We need to decide, as a group, what we want. Structure and rich city with pockets to play in? The old way where nothing was described so people could kill and crush whatever they wanted? It would be an incredible blow to me to scrap everything, but my ego isn't as important as your desire to have the game environment you want. You're the purpose for this RP, and you matter more to me than my stuff.

Normally, in an RP, the OP manages the world and sets adventures. He/she functions as the GM, pretty much like we have in Crucible only a lot less restrictive. (That was set up to really put players to the test rather than a fun adventure thing.) The GM looks at the entire picture and plans things that involve everyone and cater to their character's abilities. That's why the city is defined as fully as it is. Like Nightkill explained in the last OOC thread, sometimes a player steps in to GM an adventure. They work with the OP so things come together but the OP has final say because it's his world people are playing in. Examples of that, besides Crucible, were the adventure Cer ran where a group traveled to the Void. PL could serious rock if we went a bit more traditional. (And nope, people wouldn't have to change their writing styles or character's way of responding to things, with the exception of not going overboard on some things.)

From a mentor standpoint... we have too much going on. There isn't much coordination. Some of your spontaneous adventures are causing players to miss out on planned adventures. Torii and Katya didn't even get to attend the reading of the will, and Torii still hasn't been given the beautiful bracelet Yoshi picked out for her, or the journals.

So... which direction? Loose with no structure and people do whatever they want whenever they feel like it? Properly run RP that caters to everyone and has fun adventures that people can do unless they're in the mood to just chillax that day by the pool?

I'm going to tackle the closure of the Market District IC so players don't sent characters there and end up injured or whatever. I'll be offline most of the day because of work, but I'll be on tonight so please let me know by then what you want. I might log in under my Swith account to slap up a poll to make it easier for people.

Also, I'm asking that you guys don't post a bunch of silly stuff in OOC today. Please don't let this post get buried! It's imperative that we figure this out as a team. If the page changes, please, someone quote this so it remains a hot topic. Thank you. :hug:

'Traveling to the Void' as referenced by Swith is under the PL IV tab, I believe. It's the one about saving Swith.

Erucia wrote:
@Swith's Suggestion: I'm honestly torn on the concept that you've presented. While on one hand it would be sorta nice to have this little area for people to just tear around in and destroy things with wacky inventions, I feel that it also destroys a little bit of the potential of stuff we've got going on. Ray's business? What good is a detective in a world where you can just shoot the guy who you think is cheating on your wife? NVE's little clinic story would be much more chaotic with a bunch of craters and bullet casings littering the streets, and it'd get rid of the noire concept I had planned for each case. We suddenly get rid of the casual civilian stuff and replace it all with "let's blow up the whole town!", and I feel that the long-term interest might go down a little.

Noted, but that's what will be discussed.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 am

Ok people their has been a HUGE miscommunication that id like to apologize for and then clear up.

1. The creature was never in the city center. It was never in the market district or downtown, where did you get that idea.
here the original post (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=249863&p=16058475#p16058475)
As you can see it landed in northern city area.

2. Casualties. In my mind the creature has only killed about 180 people and only destroyed about 8 buildings. Now in my mind this is an acceptable story telling damage but if its not that's fine. this is something I should have explained more so blame this lack of detail of deaths on me.

3. This story was built to have dozens of endings. Their are literally an infinite number of ways to kill this thing that no one thought of. I was expecting someone to have turned the hose on this thing by now or drop a cargo plane worth of water on it.

Apologies once again. this is not a major event and so I made sure nothing about it was major. People can still go where ever they want in the city I just burnt down 1 tiny district.

Please TG me if you have questions.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 am

180 civilians dead and 8 buildings destroyed is a pretty big fucking deal, Prim. The rules straight up say "No killing civilians." There is no "acceptable story telling damage" that hasn't been talked over with the OPs. I don't care if you kill only one civilian, it's unacceptable under the current rules.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Mind if I pop my little head in here and see what this is about? :p :roll:

Knock yourself out. Here's your complimentary feather pillow with which to do so. :)
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Mind if I pop my little head in here and see what this is about? :p :roll:

Complimentary wolf cubs!

*hands a cardboard box filled with wolf cubs*

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am

Tiltjuice wrote:

Knock yourself out. Here's your complimentary feather pillow with which to do so. :)

*takes pillow and looks inside*

Why's there a medieval mace in here?

Erucia wrote:

Complimentary wolf cubs!

*hands a cardboard box filled with wolf cubs*

Aww, their adorable..... :P

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 am

I think my opinion on how to play the city is that I like the way Swith wants to play it, it's her city, and we should abide by her rules on what to do in the place. If that means no killing civilians or blowing things up, then we should respect that unless thy explicitly give us permission.

And if one doesn't know if a particular story will have the potential to kill people, I'd say they should ask beforehand, better safe than sorry. It's better not to play a certain story than to play one that violates the rules.

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Aww, their adorable..... :P

*one wolf cub sticks his tongue out at you, while the rest mount tiny helmets to their heads and reveal a mini artillery gun that fires a .45 ACP round*

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

Guys, did no one read what I said? IGNORE WHAT SWITH SAID FOR THE MOMENT.

We (the OPs) will get back to you all on that as soon as we've had a chance to talk with each other. Until then, carry on as per usual. Nothing to see here, move along, and all that jazz. I want no more comments on this until we the OPs bring it back up for discussion. No replies to this post, either. Just MOVE ON.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

Uncle Bob. :p
mumblemumblemumble

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:49 am

Erucia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Aww, their adorable..... :P

*one wolf cub sticks his tongue out at you, while the rest mount tiny helmets to their heads and reveal a mini artillery gun that fires a .45 ACP round*

They even have their own miniature artillery. Wanna go to the gun range little fellas :p

Anyways, so I guess my biggest question is where do I start? I read through most of the OP, but I'm still a little confused :unsure:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:Anyways, so I guess my biggest question is where do I start? I read through most of the OP, but I'm still a little confused :unsure:

What can I clear up? Are you trying to figure out what kind of character to make?
mumblemumblemumble

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Anyways, so I guess my biggest question is where do I start? I read through most of the OP, but I'm still a little confused :unsure:

What can I clear up? Are you trying to figure out what kind of character to make?

Pretty much :unsure:

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry, Bones. I wanted to get my opinion out before I forgot, or we decided on something.

Tilt said we were discussing it anyways.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Pretty much :unsure:

Anything goes, except supervillains, sadists, etc. We try to keep it fairly clean around here.

We've also had a recent run on aristocratic characters who may or may not be jerks, so that might be something to avoid for now.

The BranRiech wrote:Sorry, Bones. I wanted to get my opinion out before I forgot, or we decided on something.

Tilt said we were discussing it anyways.

It's fine. Though I meant we as in the OPs. :p
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse