NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Goodnight Swith! Goodnight all you guys!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Tilt, going to bed. You fine if I play Kei tomorrow?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:51 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Tilt, going to bed. You fine if I play Kei tomorrow?

Yeah. It should be a quick scene, probably morning/lunch-ish.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
I always loved Mayhem of the Allstate commercials, thinking he was one of the more hilarious and clever mascots, but this just takes my irrational fanaticism over a commercial gimmick to a whole new level. :lol2: Truly epic! LONG LIVE MAYHEM!

Anywho, sorry I'm not doing much. Imagination kinda drained.

He's one of my favorite mascots!

Goodnight Peeps!

Goodnight friendly Swithy!

On the side note, Allstate commercials have always been my favorite. I loved the Great Chicago Fire reference, BTW. My least favorite auto insurance commercials belong to Geico, since they've just gotten so much worse and humor-lacking with time. They now just seem they throw in silly references and attempts at jokes, that really don't sell their product well for me.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Erucia wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:He's one of my favorite mascots!

Goodnight Peeps!

Goodnight friendly Swithy!

On the side note, Allstate commercials have always been my favorite. I loved the Great Chicago Fire reference, BTW. My least favorite auto insurance commercials belong to Geico, since they've just gotten so much worse and humor-lacking with time. They now just seem they throw in silly references and attempts at jokes, that really don't sell their product well for me.

Hiss. The Day Gecko is sacred. :P
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 am

Guess what's stupid? SimCity!

Alright, so we all probably know that the new SimCity has problems. I won't even get started on traffic problems and the broken AI, but I still manage to enjoy this game when it works. But just right now, I was playing and I'd taken up a challenge called "The Day After". It essentially challenges your garbage collection services to gather a large amount of garbage within a certain time limit, and with a monetary reward of 25,000 simoleons (a fair total, mind you). I like to take these challenges early game, because the money is always sorely needed.

So I start with a 24-hour time limit and think "Hey, I will accomplish this!". After all, I started a collection service very early on and it in fact had been sitting around with no garbage to even collect, since it was that early. The challenge pops up and tells me I have to collect 250 tons of garbage: no big deal, my service can easily handle it. So I see my trucks going from door-to-door, somehow with the traffic AI working like it should and garbage being easily collected. But suddenly, I run into a sore problem.

My town regularly produces only 235 tons of garbage per day, instead of the required 250. This means that once my trucks collect literally every piece of garbage, I end up wasting a ton of time just getting to the next day. Thankfully, a second (and better paying) challenge completes so I use the money to add a police station, do upgrades to the clinic, and zone a few extra districts. And so, I spend about half of the entire time limit waiting through the game's night for the next day to come so that my trucks can get to work collecting garbage.

So what happens once the collection service starts? I have an hour to pick up 25 tons of garbage: no big deal, except half-way through the people of my town start to leave for work and I end up having my efforts trampled last minute. What was even worse was that it actually made my citizens spawn over 1,000 tons of garbage for the day's event: far more than my service can normally handle. So essentially, it took away my reward and left me with a whole bunch of garbage.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:11 am

Ah, Sims-related gamerage. I know it well. DAMN GAME TURNING MY SIM INTO A GHOST FOR NO REASON THREE TIMES
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:14 am

Giovenith wrote:
Ah, Sims-related gamerage. I know it well. DAMN GAME TURNING MY SIM INTO A GHOST FOR NO REASON THREE TIMES

Dud. I know that feelz-

HOLY CRAP, ZOMBIES ARE INSIDE OF MY TOWN! THEY'VE COME FROM THE CLINIC!

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:19 am

Erucia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Dud. I know that feelz-

HOLY CRAP, ZOMBIES ARE INSIDE OF MY TOWN! THEY'VE COME FROM THE CLINIC!

In Supernatural, zombies come out of the ground everywhere on the Full Moon in the moon cycle. They don't hurt you, but they eat plants and kill them, and you can't make them stop other than using a cheat to delete them (which deletes the character too, since all zombies are pre-made town Sims that turn back to normal and run home on sunrise), which really sucks if you have a garden that isn't tightly surrounding by fences or other barriers.
she/her

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 am

Giovenith wrote:
In Supernatural, zombies come out of the ground everywhere on the Full Moon in the moon cycle. They don't hurt you, but they eat plants and kill them, and you can't make them stop other than using a cheat to delete them (which deletes the character too, since all zombies are pre-made town Sims that turn back to normal and run home on sunrise), which really sucks if you have a garden that isn't tightly surrounding by fences or other barriers.

Ah. As I've said, I only have basic Sims 3. But I do remember how on Sims 2, I think it was witches that could turn people into zombies. I don't really remember, since I only had Nightlife. I remember originally trying to make a male character into a vampire (and since this was before I found out I was gay), but I failed when I kept trying to get a vampire count to move in and be really friendly with my character. So then I just made a female vampires who went around night clubs breaking the hearts of foolish men.

...But in any case, my town police are literally fighting zombies right now.

Got any good Sims stories to pass the time? I can spare a few as well.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 am

Erucia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Ah. As I've said, I only have basic Sims 3. But I do remember how on Sims 2, I think it was witches that could turn people into zombies. I don't really remember, since I only had Nightlife. I remember originally trying to make a male character into a vampire (and since this was before I found out I was gay), but I failed when I kept trying to get a vampire count to move in and be really friendly with my character. So then I just made a female vampires who went around night clubs breaking the hearts of foolish men.

Well, remember my vampire-ghost-fairy? I moved the father back in with his original family and left the kids with their mother for THREE SIM DAYS, moved him back, and the super-hybrid was gone. From the health meters on the other kid, I now assume the dumb bitch lost it to Sim child services (because that can happen). Sooooo ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 am

Giovenith wrote:
Erucia wrote:

Well, remember my vampire-ghost-fairy? I moved the father back in with his original family and left the kids with their mother for THREE SIM DAYS, moved him back, and the super-hybrid was gone. From the health meters on the other kid, I now assume the dumb bitch lost it to Sim child services (because that can happen). Sooooo ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!

DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!1
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 am

Giovenith wrote:

I remember my Sims 3 character, who I made two iterations of. The first was in a house without furnishings, and he would cry himself to sleep on the couch because he didn't have a bed, and then would have to leave in the morning to scrubbing army toilets.

Then the second guy I made became a police officer who had good cooking skills and became an international super-spy. He also had a fling with this woman who was an actor, and ended up having a baby. But then his heart got broken when he realized that she was actually married, and so his baby technically wasn't his.

In any case, I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:51 am

And you were depressed by a hanging pony, Eru. :p Night.

Inspired by a TG conversation and the 'Snake Model' of humor at SpecialOperations.com, with nods to Ctrl+Alt+Del...(for those that don't appear, I couldn't think of anything. Sorry! It's 1 AM.)

Various characters' responses to getting a laptop computer.
Ozzall - "Is that it? The HoloNet is a lot better."
Pryfyn - Orders one of his droids to blow the computer to shreds with a blaster rifle.
Bran - Fixes the computer that was just blown to shreds with a blaster rifle.
Kei - Already has a PowerBook, courtesy of Allspice General Trading. Uses it to order a new power cable, since the one it came with melted after being plugged in for at least two weeks straight. (Tongue-in-cheek...not a criticism or a suggested action. :P)
Dani - Takes it and disappears into lab. The door shocks anyone who tries to go in. The sound of angry squawking can be heard coming from behind it.
Ray - All furries, all deviantART, all day.
Superbia - *burp*
Pippa-Michelle - Travels down to the city's recycling center. Trades it for a huge stock of old newspapers and magazines.
Jack - Who's Jack?
Lance - "Good. Now go out and get me all of this specific brand."
Jacob - Has no computer, only a pile of assorted components.
Albert - Surfing the Internet 24/7 trying to figure out how to make it into the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark.
Sig - "Maaaaagiiiiiiic."
Neil - Watching Albert through secret surveillance system in amusement, having long since figured out how to make the Laptop Gun.
Fortu - Busy reprogramming the computer that Bran fixed.
NVE - Trying to pick from more than 1000 schemes on how to use the computer to break into Dani's lab.
Sergei - Has learned 15 different ways to kill with the intact laptop and another 38 with various combinations of components.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 am

Prim, let me make this perfectly clear: rule #5 - the citizens are not to be mutilated. We could have thrown cultists at the thing instead. They're the first line of defense.

Swith had problems with her computer. She probably didn't see the IC post.

Kill the creature and restore the citizens to where they were before. I'm getting tired of repeating myself when it comes to murdering NPCs and destroying vital areas. There are places set up that are meant for it, not the Market District or Downtown (which is right in the path hence the murals are now gone). No more artifacts. Done.

If you people want a violent thread then make one unrelated to PL. Alternatively bring in your own citizens to slaughter while they're on vacation.

People were offered an opportunity to be able to shed blood starting with the first IC post. No one accepted the offer.
Last edited by Cerillium on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 am

New Aksarben wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Just wondering if he cleared it or not.

He probably did...

which reminds me...

The final part of the SCP event will be that 682 and a few others break containment(as a result of 682 breaking out) and cause chaos and destruction in the city..... would that be OK? Its not really wanton and it would be part of the event...

Ask me when I get back to PBGH. I'm out of town and only have my phone handy.

Murdering citizens - no. They're vital to the game. I have cultists to throw out to kill.

Destruction if city - let's wait to see Swith's reaction. Read above post also.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:39 am

Cerillium wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:He probably did...

which reminds me...

The final part of the SCP event will be that 682 and a few others break containment(as a result of 682 breaking out) and cause chaos and destruction in the city..... would that be OK? Its not really wanton and it would be part of the event...

Ask me when I get back to PBGH. I'm out of town and only have my phone handy.

Murdering citizens - no. They're vital to the game. I have cultists to throw out to kill.

Destruction if city - let's wait to see Swith's reaction. Read above post also.

Got it. Read both. I normally do read every OOC post....

Well, It would becoming from the ACF farms, and its not subtle in the least, so they would have plenty of warning that something dangerous is on its way. But 682 hates all life, so he would only get more pissed to find out that all the people were gone..

and with Prim's event: Well, we could have it moved to one of those non-essential areas of the city.... so as to not destroy important stuff....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 am

Mornin'!
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tego Witherward
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Tego Witherward » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:32 am

I didn't realize the tablet creature would travel directly north. We need better planning and communication.
Last edited by Tego Witherward on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
╔═.◈.═════════════╗
The Apartment Block
╚══════.◈.════════╝

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 am

Mind if I pop my little head in here and see what this is about? :p :roll:

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 am

Yet again things are getting so screwed up that im getting drawn back here to fix it.

I vehemently disagree. When we did that it didnt end well. Remember when Dab nuke the building, or when Bran threw all those zombies at the building? Everyone starts thinking they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

Coops, can we talk this stuff out in TG before shouting stuff like this into the thread and confusing the players? I really start wondering why I'm a Co-OP if you never ask me about these policy changes before posting them.

Prim, redact the offending post NOW. Co-ops, TG meeting time. Everyone else, move along. We'll tell you when to panic, alright?
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 am

Hello and good morning. Just so you all know, I had no intention of limiting what can be worn to the memorial. I was simply playing Yuri like Yuri is meant to be played. I think bran and Swith will be impressed with the people and scenery of the nation.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am

When did I throw zombies at the building?

Morning, everyone.

Swith. just because a few people want to blow up the city, it doesn't mean the entire group hates the city. I (And I assume a lot of others) really want to get out and explore the place at some point when it's better planned out to do so.

And I'd prefer if Bran's new building wasn't destroyed . . .
Last edited by The BranRiech on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

I can't remember the thread, it was right after your military base was kicked out of the city. You had a missile loaded with some sort of biological weapon "misfire" from the Branreich at the city. You pissed off me, Swith, and Cer pretty badly.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse