NATION

PASSWORD

Your Favorite domestic pet

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your Favorite Domestic Pet

Dog.
21%
Cat.
49%
Fish.
7%
Ferret.
2%
Evil Robotic Death Orb.
4%
Other.
16%

Total votes : 85

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Your Favorite domestic pet

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:14 pm

I never much liked cats until one adopted me.

It's like she's taken me over with mind control; I can no longer think independently.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Barzan
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:19 pm

I'd have to say cats. They can take themselves outside to go poop, they can feed themselves if they get hungry in-between meals, they don't yap all the time or slobber or make loud noises, they keep to themselves, and they're soft and fuzzy. Also, they bury after themselves. Plus, dogs can't be as cute.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Been a vet tech, been a zoo docent, owned and worked with horses all my life, worked with horse, dog, and cat rescue groups for over 30 odd years...I love animals ( as one might guess )

but hands down - cats - and taking a cougar on her nightly walkies is too cool for words.

Horses lose out by a only a whisker though
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Tanaara wrote:Been a vet tech, been a zoo docent, owned and worked with horses all my life, worked with horse, dog, and cat rescue groups for over 30 odd years...I love animals ( as one might guess )

but hands down - cats - and taking a cougar on her nightly walkies is too cool for words.

Horses lose out by a only a whisker though

Whoa, a cougar would be cool!

And it would help keep the coyotes here away from me, too.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Guinea Pigs, especially when you get two of them.

And make them fight.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Several years ago a dear friend worked with one of the large cat rescue groups, and while I don't know if they still do it, if you went and volunteered and got the training they'd let you, very carefully and with supervision, handle - take for walks and such - some of their charges. Listening to the cougars, with their chirps and whistles and thrummmms in the night air - not to mention their unearthly screams - was a knock out.

Coyotes are a nuisance, wild dogs - not the true wild dogs of africa and such - but feral dogs - oh I hate them - they are worse on companion and farm animals than coyotes, foxes, and wolves put together. And as they aren't afraid of man, they are dangerous to us as well.
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Barzan wrote:I'd have to say cats. They can take themselves outside to go poop, they can feed themselves if they get hungry in-between meals, they don't yap all the time or slobber or make loud noises, they keep to themselves, and they're soft and fuzzy. Also, they bury after themselves. Plus, dogs can't be as cute.

Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:01 pm

My IRL pikachu.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Heinleinites
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Heinleinites » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Dogs, by far. I have four dogs, one that I got from the pound, one that I inherited from a friend who moved, and two that I found stray. They're not really social creatures, although they like me, and they've learned to accept The Girl. They also possess a complete inability to stay off the bed, although they make up for that by being useful in different ways.

Cats are furry little sociopaths. They're the lap dancers of the animal world.
Last edited by Heinleinites on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will never see a man who would kiss a wench or cut a throat as readily as I, but the wench must be willing, and the man must be standing up against me, else by God! either were safe enough from me." - Samkin Aylward The White Company

Heinleinite's First Rule of Comedy: "It doesn't matter if you don't think I'm funny, just so long as I think I'm funny."

Barzan
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Image[/quote]

That's not as cute as THIS:

NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Londim
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:49 am

Dogs. That's because my family has a dog, turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, He's a right little scamp, always getting into mischief. He hates being left alone. Also at night, if my brother or I are laying on the sofa, he'll jump up, walk up to your arm, nudge it out of the way, lay down and then wait for you to hug him so he can fall asleep. I nominate him cutest doggy ever!
YES. I have returned.
Now a writer over at The Sixth Axis.

Molested Sock
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Molested Sock » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:51 am

I voted Dog.
100% 80% of the time.

The P
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The P » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 am

Cats are not only my favorite domestic pet, but also my favorite animal in general. And one day, I shall get myself one! What a glorious day that will be!

Darkvora
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Darkvora » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 am

Ferret by far
ive acutly trained him to roll over and jump smart as a dog

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 am

I love my little fishies, they taste really good too.

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 am

My cat, Kipper. I keep trying to get a decent picture of him, but either the light sucks or his pitch black fur just makes the picture blurred. :rofl:

Poliwanacraca
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Poliwanacraca » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am

Londim wrote:Dogs. That's because my family has a dog, turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, He's a right little scamp, always getting into mischief. He hates being left alone. Also at night, if my brother or I are laying on the sofa, he'll jump up, walk up to your arm, nudge it out of the way, lay down and then wait for you to hug him so he can fall asleep. I nominate him cutest doggy ever!

While I have no doubt your dog is totally adorable, mine has the Cutest Doggie Ever title locked up. ;)
"You know...I've just realized that "Poliwanacraca" is, when rendered in Arabic, an anagram for "Bom-chica-wohw-waaaow", the famous "sexy riff" that was born in the 70's and will live forever..." - Hammurab
----
"Extortion is such a nasty word.
I much prefer 'magnolia'. 'Magnolia' is a much nicer word." - Saint Clair Island

----
"Go forth my snarky diaper babies, and CONQUER!" - Neo Art

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 am

I like rabbits and cats the most. Growing up I was the Favorite Person to both our rabbit and our cat.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 am

Poliwanacraca wrote:
Londim wrote:Dogs. That's because my family has a dog, turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, He's a right little scamp, always getting into mischief. He hates being left alone. Also at night, if my brother or I are laying on the sofa, he'll jump up, walk up to your arm, nudge it out of the way, lay down and then wait for you to hug him so he can fall asleep. I nominate him cutest doggy ever!

While I have no doubt your dog is totally adorable, mine has the Cutest Doggie Ever title locked up. ;)

That's it! I challenge you to a cute off!
YES. I have returned.

American Pit Bulls
Secretary

Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby American Pit Bulls » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 am

I'm the proud owner of four dogs. Two Pit Bulls and two American Bulldogs. My Breed of Choice is the American Pit Bull Terriers.

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 am

Cats. Dogs are okay, but my cat demands enough attention as it is. I don't think I could handle a dog.

Tanaara wrote:Several years ago a dear friend worked with one of the large cat rescue groups, and while I don't know if they still do it, if you went and volunteered and got the training they'd let you, very carefully and with supervision, handle - take for walks and such - some of their charges. Listening to the cougars, with their chirps and whistles and thrummmms in the night air - not to mention their unearthly screams - was a knock out.

That is so cool.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 am

My girlfriend *nods*
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Poliwanacraca
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Poliwanacraca » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:23 am

Londim wrote:
Poliwanacraca wrote:

That's it! I challenge you to a cute off!

Oh it's ON!

"You know...I've just realized that "Poliwanacraca" is, when rendered in Arabic, an anagram for "Bom-chica-wohw-waaaow", the famous "sexy riff" that was born in the 70's and will live forever..." - Hammurab
----
"Extortion is such a nasty word.
I much prefer 'magnolia'. 'Magnolia' is a much nicer word." - Saint Clair Island

----
"Go forth my snarky diaper babies, and CONQUER!" - Neo Art

Secruss
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Secruss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:26 am

Cats.
"How now!" cried Jupiter "Are you not yet content? You have what you asked for and so you have only yourselves to blame for your misfortunes."

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Poliwanacraca wrote:Oh it's ON!

My doggy!
YES. I have returned.

PreviousNext

Advertisement