NATION

PASSWORD

What do you think of same-sex church wedding ceremonies?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54180
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Bet you don't have a logical reason to explain why same-sex marriage is disgusting or horrendous. Prove me wrong.


Due to the fact that, if you marry someone from the same sex, you will eventually have sexual reactions relations with that person, which is logically understandable as absolutely horrid. :eyebrow:

Your post doesn't make sense in any way. Sexual relations between individuals of the same gender are no more inherently horrid than sexual relations between individuals of opposite genders. I don't know what sort of gay porn you've been watching, but gay sex is not nearly as perverted as you may think.
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 128044
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Bet you don't have a logical reason to explain why same-sex marriage is disgusting or horrendous. Prove me wrong.


Due to the fact that, if you marry someone from the same sex, you will eventually have sexual reactions with that person, which is logically understandable as absolutely horrid. :eyebrow:

Look at you and your silly opinions.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him
Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot starts

User avatar
Slafstopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1711
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Bet you don't have a logical reason to explain why same-sex marriage is disgusting or horrendous. Prove me wrong.


Due to the fact that, if you marry someone from the same sex, you will eventually have sexual reactions with that person, which is logically understandable as absolutely horrid. :eyebrow:


Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil


Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 am

Blekksprutia wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
I eat the occasional meal with mushrooms, but I don't really have much against them.

And, I guess you're right, they are being treated like second-class citizens.

GrammarNazi for your homophobe.


Typo error, dumbass. Seriously, do something productive than fixing someone's typing mistakes.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Mkuki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10584
Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:55 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Yeah, but why would you find same-sex marriage disgusting or horrendous?
In this case, perhaps Aquafireland is afraid that some homosexuals will find him so attractive that they will go out of their way to seduce and lure him into an icky relationship.

Seems like a compliment to me.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54180
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:GrammarNazi for your homophobe.


Typo error, dumbass. Seriously, do something productive than fixing someone's typing mistakes.

That's what we are doing right now. We are refuting your bullshit.
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 am

Slafstopia wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Due to the fact that, if you marry someone from the same sex, you will eventually have sexual reactions with that person, which is logically understandable as absolutely horrid. :eyebrow:


Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Mkuki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10584
Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

I fucking knew it. :rofl:

Not many people are going to accept your explanation. Given it's inherently illogical nature.
Last edited by Mkuki on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 am

Liriena wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Typo error, dumbass. Seriously, do something productive than fixing someone's typing mistakes.

That's what we are doing right now. We are refuting your bullshit.


Did I ask you to do it? No. So shut your piehole, gaylord.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Slafstopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1711
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:GrammarNazi for your homophobe.


Typo error, dumbass. Seriously, do something productive than fixing someone's typing mistakes.


I spent a long time trying to figure out the technical term for this error. Apparently it's called a pleonasm. Typo by itself is fine, doc.
Last edited by Slafstopia on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil


Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

Gods don't exist.

User avatar
Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26637
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

Men can be sexually stimulated by sexual relations with another man, and women can be stimulated by relations with a woman.

If we were "made" for sex with our opposite number, we wouldn't have the parts to do both.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 128044
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

If God didn't want people having gay sex he wouldn't have made it so fun.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him
Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot starts

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54180
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


God doesn't exist, and sexual relations between individuals of the same gender are possible (and often sexy as hell). You have failed to 'burn' us, and I thus laugh at your pathetic attempt at intellectual masturbation. :lol2:
The Fabulous Pope of NS


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Caecuser
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6896
Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


Wait, are you joking?

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

I fucking knew it. :rofl:

Not many people are going to accept your explanation. Given it's inherently illogical nature.


Go on. ROTFL on the floor while I pointlessly watch you.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Nationalist State of Knox
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10293
Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist State of Knox » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

Your "god" doesn't exist.

Ahura Mazda is the One True God.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Aru 17, 2467 BC 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Knox.
Biblical Authorship
God is Malevolent.
Bible Inaccuracies
Ifreann wrote:Knox: /ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/
Impeach Enlil, legalise dreaming, mortality is theft. GILGAMESH 2474 BC

User avatar
Slafstopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1711
Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slafstopia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Slafstopia wrote:
Sexual reactions? Holy dictionary, Batman!

Name one logical reason why sexual 'reactions' with somebody of the same sex is bad.


You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


I said a logical reason, not a logically fallacious reason. Big difference.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.50
Foreign Policy Non-Interventionist/Neo-Conservative: -9.48
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -8.09
Socio-economic Quiz: Anarchism 100%, Marxism 92%, Democratic Socialism 92%
Economic Quiz: Ghandian 100%
Alignment: Chaotic Evil


Slavyukriy, by Ceni.
Officially, Slafstopia is Lyapzem.

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Caecuser wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.


Wait, are you joking?


No. I am not joking.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Mkuki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10584
Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Mkuki wrote:I fucking knew it. :rofl:

Not many people are going to accept your explanation. Given it's inherently illogical nature.


Go on. ROTFL on the floor while I pointlessly watch you.

Have fun with that. Your argument still makes no sense.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Liriena wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:God is sooo gay. :p

Now you get it! :P


Also...hi, Condy. :kiss:

Hello dear. :)

Aquafireland wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:GrammarNazi for your homophobe.


Typo error, dumbass. Seriously, do something productive than fixing someone's typing mistakes.

Judging by this guy's post in the xbox vs ps4 thread, and this, I'd say he's the typical gamer.
password scrambled

User avatar
Aquafireland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5905
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 am

Mkuki wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
Go on. ROTFL on the floor while I pointlessly watch you.

Have fun with that. Your argument still makes no sense.


Explain one reason why my argument makes no sense.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 128044
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Liriena wrote:That's what we are doing right now. We are refuting your bullshit.


Did I ask you to do it? No. So shut your piehole, gaylord.

How Christian of you.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him
Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot starts

User avatar
Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26273
Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 am

Nationalist State of Knox wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:
You want one logical reason? I will give you one. God created the woman and man so they could have sexual reactions with the opposite sex. Period.

Don't forget to apply cold water to burned areas.

Your "god" doesn't exist.

Ahura Mazda is the One True God.

Actually, Vāhigurū is.
password scrambled

User avatar
Benomia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14615
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Jehuddah wrote:
Drackmaria wrote:Well maybe just maybe people call it a right is because it is. :eyebrow:
It is discrimination plain and simple.
You claim to have the right to deny gay couples the right to get married because of what you believe.
If I recall not so long ago in America a lot of people felt they had the right to deny black people the vote because of what they believed.
So my question is how is this any different.

Your religion should not tell other people what they can and can't do.

Oh and don't play the "oh no, atheists and secularists are going to bash me cause I hold outdated and discriminatory views, please feel sorry for me" card
Cause it carry no weight.
Its like the KKK claiming everyone bullies them because they aren't allowed to hang black people anymore.
Stop complaining and end discrimination.

Giving gays those "rights" will only encourage them.
We need to discourage them, not to encourage them!

Don't take this post seriously
Yes, I totally agree!
Here's my idea:

We give all the gays baskets of strawberries. Then we start poking them with six foot long sticks until they drop the strawberries, and then we eat the baskets.
Good plan, no?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angora Guanaco, Gun Manufacturers, Kortunal, New haven america, Newland City, Ostroeuropa, Pope Joan, Samudera Darussalam, The Emerald Legion, The Galactic Liberal Democracy, Totally Not OEP, Weeb Bait2

Advertisement

Remove ads