NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life Signup and Planning (OOC, Part V)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
Virility? Bustin' rhymes with agility?

That was bad...

So anyway, it always seems that activity dies off around this time, and picks back up later on.


Shush NA.

It's because we all have mini corn husks inside our left ears that are timed to follow the bitwise exclusive OR of a digital representation of the conjunction of the shifting of the magnetic North Pole with the path of Polaris from the point of view of someone in New Caledonia, time-displaced over six months.

Why?

Because NVE thought it would be amusing.

It is. I'm trying to thing of who Arthur would call.

User avatar
Chibi Vampires
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 154
Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chibi Vampires » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Torsi is leading second group yes?

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Bran said he would lead it if they wanted it to.

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Chibi Vampires wrote:Torsi is leading second group yes?

Bran is. Albert asked Blossom who she would be going with btw..... same with Dora.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:44 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Chibi Vampires wrote:Torsi is leading second group yes?

Bran is. Albert asked Blossom who she would be going with btw..... same with Dora.


Read the OOC.

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:Bran is. Albert asked Blossom who she would be going with btw..... same with Dora.


Read the OOC.

Me or Urran?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Read the OOC.

Me or Urran?


You.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm cool with Bran leading the group. I'm not that good of a leader anyway.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:Me or Urran?


You.

About Dora? Yes, I read that..... I was just pointing out that Albert asked that.

You're waiting for Eru or Prim to respond before you reply with Dora or something like that.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
You.

About Dora? Yes, I read that..... I was just pointing out that Albert asked that.

You're waiting for Eru or Prim to respond before you reply with Dora or something like that.


Thumbs.

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:About Dora? Yes, I read that..... I was just pointing out that Albert asked that.

You're waiting for Eru or Prim to respond before you reply with Dora or something like that.


Thumbs.

:?: What?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:53 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Thumbs.

:?: What?


Yes. Thank you.

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
New Aksarben wrote: :?: What?


Yes. Thank you.

Oh, you were meaning thumbs up. Sorry, I can be a bit oblivious and miss the obvious sometimes....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Yes. Thank you.

Oh, you were meaning thumbs up. Sorry, I can be a bit oblivious and miss the obvious sometimes....


No, actually I meant thumbs. :p

Also, I like hydrogen peroxide.

User avatar
AETEN II
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12949
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Sorry I haven't posted this morning. I just got Skyrim installed and the bloody thing finally works. Plus, SPEEESS MEEEHREEEN armor mods. I'll put up some replies before I go back into the fray.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.


Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

User avatar
Chibi Vampires
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 154
Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chibi Vampires » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 pm

off to church for me. back around 9 ish

User avatar
Teepot Kingdom
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Teepot Kingdom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Character Name (can be different than nation name):

Ate Dupont

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like:]

Ate is a tall, slender figure being around 6’ 6” and 200 pounds. Looking as though he is in his mid-twenties, he has unnaturally sharp and symmetrical facial features forming around his calculating and watchful blue eyes. His skin color is almost unplaceable, as it is neither pale nor even a light tan and his hair is a sleek dark black, usually combed neatly down rather than styled. When it comes to clothing, however, he prefers to dress nicely; wearing wears suits and slacks on most occasions. However, he does have one quirk when it comes to fashion: He wears a gas-mask that he is rarely seen without. However, whether this is to conserve his identity or for cultural heritage is a subject of debate.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc):

Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any):

Able to open inter-dimensional portals, can move objects through telekinesis, and is able to manipulate a unknown black energy into various forms. Adequate with a sword.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
An alcoholic, weak in hand-to-hand combat, paranoid, impious, and can be very withdrawn at times.

Character Background:

Rumored brother of the current dictator of the Teepot Kingdom, Ate was banished from the cites on mysterious and vague terms. Rumor has it that once he was banished he swore vengeance before falling into a pit of crime, despair, and inhumane activities. Associating with drug-lords, slavers, and some of the most despicable countries he fashioned himself his own twisted empire within some of the darkest and most macabre of dimensions. That’s what rumor has to say, anyways. Lastly, depending on whom you ask, some would say that he is an evil, manipulative, uncaring psycho who has the tendency to snap at any moment.

Despite everything and with rumors aside, he seems to be a very calm and collected man, if a bit mysterious and protective of himself. He has good money, and that much is obvious, but what he does for a living is of question.

Additional Notes:

Although his mask looks, and acts as though it is a solid when touched; bottles, glasses, or other forms of cups easily slide through the mask to allow Ate to drink. On another note, Ate is very secretive and protective when it comes to himself and his past although he can be outgoing. Finally, he hates being touched.


URL to Apartment Picture:

http://assets.dornob.com/wp-content/upl ... design.jpg


IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

A mysterious and wary inter-dimensional traveler whom is made more of rumor than fact. Little is truly known about him, but he has money, and that much is obvious. Despite rumor, he generally seems like a calm, polite person. Looks can be deceiving, however, and you can never know what one does in the dark. Then again, you can't trust all rumors, can you?
Last edited by Teepot Kingdom on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Taking stock...Dora is with the shopping group. Chrys is with Drova and Octavian. Luce and MB are on stand-by.

Did I miss anyone?

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30308
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Teepot Kingdom wrote:
Character Name:
Ate Dupont

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like:
Ate is an above-average man, being around 6' 11" with a modest weight of around 200lbs. He has shaggy, black hair and piercing blue eyes. Casual attire consists of a sharp black suit; and, oddly enough, a gas-mask that he is rarely (if ever) seen without.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc):
Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any):
Able to open portals between dimensions, telekinesis, and is able to throw balls of energy.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Weak in hand-to-hand combat, hates water.

Character Background:
Ate, the brother of the current dictator of the Teepot Kingdom, was nearly killed when he launched a large-scale revolution planning to topple his brother from his seat of power. Easily taking out the rebellion, the dictator and his men began covering the operation. However, fearing that Ate might attempt again in the future, they took pity on him and banished him from the nation. Ate, crushed and defeated, knew that he could not defeat the Teepot Kingdom alone. He began jumping between dimensions, gather ties and business connections so that he might one day return and destroy the kingdom and claim what he though was rightfully his. Being very nomadic for several years, he has decided to settle down for a short time and investigate any possible leads within the area.

Additional Notes:
Tends to be a calm, quiet person if a bit defensive of his history. However, he can be morbid and dark at times. A slight alcoholic. On another note, however, he tends to keep his powers a secret until a time of need or until he feels that he is alone. Lastly, he owns to pets: a crow named Fae, and a raven named Abaven.

URL to Apartment Picture:
http://assets.dornob.com/wp-content/upl ... design.jpg

Link to RP examples:
Sorry, but I have none. However, I am willing to write an example. That, or you could give me a situation in which I must respond to in-character. Whatever makes you feel comfortable!

OOC Notes:
Although Ate can travel between dimensions, I will not abuse this power to otherwise break into a space while a person offline, or without their permission. However, should there be a problem regarding trust, I do not mind to give up this power. Secondly, this is not my first walk in the park. I've role-played on other sites in the past, but i've only now become interested in the Nation States community. Lastly, should you find anything undesirable feel free to ask me to change it.

IMPORTANT:

One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A calm and collected man, if a bit mysterious. He claims to reign from the Teepot Kingdom, though no one dares confirm it. He also seems to stick to the shadows, as it seems that he can materialize close to anywhere. As for his ego, it is rather small, and he would much rather absorb the atmosphere of a party rather than be the life of it. Lastly, he owns two pets: both a crow and a raven, whom are allowed to roam as they please.

This looks good to me. Be aware that some players run Cthulhu or Chaos. Trying to use telekenesis on them is a bad idea because you tap directly into unfathomable Eldritch insanity. Dimensional travel is fine (we have several who can, including the velociraptors). Thanks for understanding the need to respect personal dimensions/pocket universes. The one thing I ask (as a player) is that people try to avoid stopping "between" dimensions. I cornered the market on it back in the first thread and use that "space" heavily for a lot of what I've built into the PL universe.

I don't need a RP example. I've browsed your NS posts and you seem to be a calm and friendly player. You've come to the right group. Welcome aboard.

Tab added.
Ate Dupont
A calm and collected man, if a bit mysterious. He claims to reign from the Teepot Kingdom, though no one dares confirm it. He also seems to stick to the shadows, as it seems that he can materialize close to anywhere. As for his ego, it is rather small, and he would much rather absorb the atmosphere of a party rather than be the life of it. Lastly, he owns two pets: both a crow and a raven, whom are allowed to roam as they please. Full details.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Teepot Kingdom
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Teepot Kingdom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Teepot Kingdom wrote:
Character Name:
Ate Dupont

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like:
Ate is an above-average man, being around 6' 11" with a modest weight of around 200lbs. He has shaggy, black hair and piercing blue eyes. Casual attire consists of a sharp black suit; and, oddly enough, a gas-mask that he is rarely (if ever) seen without.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc):
Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any):
Able to open portals between dimensions, telekinesis, and is able to throw balls of energy.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Weak in hand-to-hand combat, hates water.

Character Background:
Ate, the brother of the current dictator of the Teepot Kingdom, was nearly killed when he launched a large-scale revolution planning to topple his brother from his seat of power. Easily taking out the rebellion, the dictator and his men began covering the operation. However, fearing that Ate might attempt again in the future, they took pity on him and banished him from the nation. Ate, crushed and defeated, knew that he could not defeat the Teepot Kingdom alone. He began jumping between dimensions, gather ties and business connections so that he might one day return and destroy the kingdom and claim what he though was rightfully his. Being very nomadic for several years, he has decided to settle down for a short time and investigate any possible leads within the area.

Additional Notes:
Tends to be a calm, quiet person if a bit defensive of his history. However, he can be morbid and dark at times. A slight alcoholic. On another note, however, he tends to keep his powers a secret until a time of need or until he feels that he is alone. Lastly, he owns to pets: a crow named Fae, and a raven named Abaven.

URL to Apartment Picture:
http://assets.dornob.com/wp-content/upl ... design.jpg

Link to RP examples:
Sorry, but I have none. However, I am willing to write an example. That, or you could give me a situation in which I must respond to in-character. Whatever makes you feel comfortable!

OOC Notes:
Although Ate can travel between dimensions, I will not abuse this power to otherwise break into a space while a person offline, or without their permission. However, should there be a problem regarding trust, I do not mind to give up this power. Secondly, this is not my first walk in the park. I've role-played on other sites in the past, but i've only now become interested in the Nation States community. Lastly, should you find anything undesirable feel free to ask me to change it.

IMPORTANT:

One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
A calm and collected man, if a bit mysterious. He claims to reign from the Teepot Kingdom, though no one dares confirm it. He also seems to stick to the shadows, as it seems that he can materialize close to anywhere. As for his ego, it is rather small, and he would much rather absorb the atmosphere of a party rather than be the life of it. Lastly, he owns two pets: both a crow and a raven, whom are allowed to roam as they please.

This looks good to me. Be aware that some players run Cthulhu or Chaos. Trying to use telekenesis on them is a bad idea because you tap directly into unfathomable Eldritch insanity. Dimensional travel is fine (we have several who can, including the velociraptors). Thanks for understanding the need to respect personal dimensions/pocket universes. The one thing I ask (as a player) is that people try to avoid stopping "between" dimensions. I cornered the market on it back in the first thread and use that "space" heavily for a lot of what I've built into the PL universe.

I don't need a RP example. I've browsed your NS posts and you seem to be a calm and friendly player. You've come to the right group. Welcome aboard.

Tab added.
Ate Dupont
A calm and collected man, if a bit mysterious. He claims to reign from the Teepot Kingdom, though no one dares confirm it. He also seems to stick to the shadows, as it seems that he can materialize close to anywhere. As for his ego, it is rather small, and he would much rather absorb the atmosphere of a party rather than be the life of it. Lastly, he owns two pets: both a crow and a raven, whom are allowed to roam as they please. Full details.


Oh, why thank you! Its a pleasure to be here. However, telekinesis is not quite what you think. Telekinesis is the ability to move objects at a distance by mental power and/or other nonphysical means. What you are thinking of is telepathy, which is to communicate through one's thoughts or mind.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30308
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Teepot Kingdom wrote:Oh, why thank you! Its a pleasure to be here. However, telekinesis is not quite what you think. Telekinesis is the ability to move objects at a distance by mental power and/or other nonphysical means. What you are thinking of is telepathy, which is to communicate through one's thoughts or mind.

You're absolutely right. My brain isn't processing well tonight. The kinetics in telekinesis would be a dead giveaway, eh Swithy? *laughs*

Anyway, you're welcome. You're free to post when you're able. If you want, one of my characters is standing in the lobby with another new player's character. If you'd like, you can have your fellow arrive at the building and enter the lobby and Naomi can get him situated into the building (unless he's prearranged his apartment.) Min's offline so I can break away from conversation for a few. She might be on around midnight.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Bran, we aren't going quite yet, because we don't know who Dora's going with, if at all..... have to wait for prim about that.... and Eru....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12092
Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:51 pm

New Aksarben wrote:Bran, we aren't going quite yet, because we don't know who Dora's going with, if at all..... have to wait for prim about that.... and Eru....


I wont be Aegis is already busy and I wont be online too much tonight
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa


Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:Bran, we aren't going quite yet, because we don't know who Dora's going with, if at all..... have to wait for prim about that.... and Eru....


I wont be Aegis is already busy and I wont be online too much tonight

Ah.... Well, is tilt here?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:52 pm

New Aksarben wrote:Bran, we aren't going quite yet, because we don't know who Dora's going with, if at all..... have to wait for prim about that.... and Eru....

Bran's group doesn't need to wait for Eru, so just Tilt to say where Dora's going then.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ah-eh-ioh-uh, Bortslovakia, Crimetopolis, Elysian Kentarchy, Remnants of Exilvania, The Imperial Warglorian Empire

Advertisement

Remove ads