NATION

PASSWORD

Battletech IC #1: Outreach

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Strykla wrote:Julius looked about. "So," he said loudly over the diesel roar, "When do we get our next assignment?"

"Hold your horses." James responded with a weary voice. He was wearing his helmet and had managed to land a window seat, so his head was leaning against the window. "You don't even know if you've been hired yet." He adjusted himself to get more comfortable. "Besides, you're drowning out my music."
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Dave peaked his head up over his seat from his tablet and peered at Julius, "Your next assignment is to let the Lt. Colonel concentrate by shutting up!" he answered mirthfully.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:06 pm

SaintB wrote:Dave peaked his head up over his seat from his tablet and peered at Julius, "Your next assignment is to let the Lt. Colonel concentrate by shutting up!" he answered mirthfully.

James cracked a wide grin at the CO's little joke. He raised his head and removed his helmet, causing his hair to go off in several different directions. "Hey, Colonel." He shouted up to Dave. "I'm planning on going for a drive out in the country when we get back. You're welcome to join if you want to get out of the base."
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 pm

SaintB wrote:Dave peaked his head up over his seat from his tablet and peered at Julius, "Your next assignment is to let the Lt. Colonel concentrate by shutting up!" he answered mirthfully.

Walther waved his hand lazily in a deliberately bad imitation of a salute.
"Sir yes sir. We shall be quiet in order to let the Lieutenant Colonol concentrate sir. We shall be so silent the Lieutenant Colonol will hardly even know we're here. Why, we'll be so quiet that not even a Beagle Active Probe could pick us up." Walther rose halfway out of his seat and raised a finger in the air. "We'll be so quiet they might even have to make a holovid of our exploits in quietness!" He half-yelled.

"Why, we shall be so quiet that not even the--"

"Oh Shut-up before we lose our contracts!" came a good-natured voice from somewhere in the bus.

Walther shut his mouth and pretended to be offended as he sat down and crossed his arms over his chest.

The joke had partially been an excuse to stand a bit. His leg was...uncomfortable. As was typical, as soon as he was no longer using it to pilot a mech, or in this case pretend to pilot one, it began to hurt.

If he ignored it it'd just go away. Sometime. If he could get a drink it might speed up the process. Or he could pray to the machine-gods. Walther rolled his eyes and smacked his lips slightly. He'd just wait for a drink.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Dave joined in the laughter; it was down time now and there was nothing wrong with having some fun with his fellow mercs. To James' offer he responded with a shrug, "I'm not sure I could, I have to go through the simulation data and make the final choices for who to offer contracts to in what order." he said sobering up a bit. Maybe some other time, after the hiring process was complete.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:49 pm

SaintB wrote:Dave joined in the laughter; it was down time now and there was nothing wrong with having some fun with his fellow mercs. To James' offer he responded with a shrug, "I'm not sure I could, I have to go through the simulation data and make the final choices for who to offer contracts to in what order." he said sobering up a bit. Maybe some other time, after the hiring process was complete.

"Understood, sir." James replied. "I've got some stuff to take care of myself first anyway." As he went back to his nap, he began running those things through his mind.

Visit Dragoons quartermaster to see about purchasing some upgrades for Rusty and selling off some of the crap, hit up the range, eat, shower, change clothes, pack up my shit, check the status of my other applications, get the car refuel-

And then he fell asleep.
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Artemus Storm
SaintB wrote:Dave joined in the laughter; it was down time now and there was nothing wrong with having some fun with his fellow mercs. To James' offer he responded with a shrug, "I'm not sure I could, I have to go through the simulation data and make the final choices for who to offer contracts to in what order." he said sobering up a bit. Maybe some other time, after the hiring process was complete.

Despite being somewhat immersed in the book he was reading, Artemus wasn't totally tuned out of the conversation around him. At some point, James' offer pinged something in his brain that made him look up from the words on the page for a moment, roll over what had been just said and the response, and eventually formulate a response.

First and most pressing of course was the Colonel's not-so-obvious brush-off. Such comedic opportunities couldn't go to waste.

"Gee colonel, didn't your mother ever teach you not to get into strange garish cars with strange men? I mean, I know you Free Worlders are all about personal choices and independent spirit and the like... but riding around in Jock-o's glamoflague extender?
... I think they make sitcoms on the 'net revolving around such a setup."
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 am

Walther covertly stretched his prosthetic leg as well he could from a sitting position and rubbed the joint where flesh met metal. Simulators were worse than actually piloting his mech, at least in his mech he could just route the commands through. Having to use the machine leg for actively controlling a mech was doable, but it wasn't all that comfortable.

Of course, working in a mercenary company wasn't too likely to be all that comfortable either so cementing that point at the beginning of everything seemed appropriate.

"I don't know about anybody else but driving around isn't on the top of my list of priorities. Especially not with a hotshot arena pilot at the wheel." Walther smirked. "This old heart is weak enough as is, adding unnecessary stress like that would be just asking for trouble." Walther leaned back slightly so he could stretch his leg out further, "A delicate flower like myself has to be careful about things like that y'know."
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 pm

It wasn't long until the bus pulled back up to the building containing the recruitment offices. The door at the front slid open and Dave filed out first to offer his hand to shake as each passenger came out.

#weaksauce post.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:29 am

Artemus Storm

SaintB wrote:It wasn't long until the bus pulled back up to the building containing the recruitment offices. The door at the front slid open and Dave filed out first to offer his hand to shake as each passenger came out.

#weaksauce post.
After shuffling through the aisle on the bus, and invariably bumping a few people with his duffel bag in the process, Artemus finally stepped off of the bus and duly shook the colonel's proffered hand.

"Thanks for the opportunity colonel, regardless of the personal outcome."
Heading off into the parking lot he was pleasently surprised to see that the security jockeys hadn't been up to their usual gleeful impounding antics and his Ibex was still where he had left it. Slightly shrugging his shoulders at that anomaly he unlocked the tailgate and threw his duffel bag in the back after taking it down. Then after going around the passenger side, opening the door and fishing out a small binder he sat back down on the dropped tailgate and started making notes and muttering to himself.

"Okay, so if employed.... that account's nearly dead.... maybe negotiate kill bonuses as dividends..."

Kat Fuego
After getting off of the bus and duly shaking the colonel's hand Kat dug into her oversized backpack and found what she was looking for, a portable phone. After calling and arranging for a taxi charter, she then dialed up the bay where her mech was kept and waited for Sebastian to answer.

"Seb, let's get to work soon. I have a feeling we're going to be busy shortly, one way or another."
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse