NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultation Thread #3

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next realism consolation thread?

The Akasha Colony
35%
The Kievan People
7%
New Vihenia
4%
Purpelia
5%
Samozaryadnyastan (Para)
28%
Transnapastain
13%
Lamoni
9%

Total votes : 101

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 am

GHawkins wrote:
Lubyak wrote:Culturally, the nation is willing to accept 'sacrifices in the name of the greater good'. While the population may start protesting if they see soldier dieing for no particular reason, they're relatively fine as long as soldier's lives are being 'spent' not 'wasted'.

Then you could do for the T-84. It's not as protected as the Challenger II as far as I know. But the Challenger has like.. quite ridiculous survivability, if you consider what is thrown at it. Two challengers have ever been knocked out of action and only one destroyed, by another Challenger even.

If you go for the Challenger II, like I have, you're really going for the survivability. Though they can only be fielded in lesser quality, taking into consideration the cost of one.

T-84 isn't really known by me. Though I can almost certainly say they are cheaper than the Challenger both in base cost and in operation.

Really, it's your call.

Well, I've got my own vehicles--both for sale in my storefront! One is a T-84 inspired vehicle, while the other is much more western inspired, including a heavy metal layer and a larger turret to incorporate a longer round. The main thing I was curious about was the doctrine I had posted up last page, which included different styles of armoured divisions for different jobs.

GHawkins
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby GHawkins » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:22 am

Lubyak wrote:
Well, I've got my own vehicles--both for sale in my storefront! One is a T-84 inspired vehicle, while the other is much more western inspired, including a heavy metal layer and a larger turret to incorporate a longer round. The main thing I was curious about was the doctrine I had posted up last page, which included different styles of armoured divisions for different jobs.

I'll read up on it. I saw you also posted it on the other topic so I guess, because we reached 500, we'll be directing the replies to there.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 am

Lubyak wrote:
GHawkins wrote:
Then you could do for the T-84. It's not as protected as the Challenger II as far as I know. But the Challenger has like.. quite ridiculous survivability, if you consider what is thrown at it. Two challengers have ever been knocked out of action and only one destroyed, by another Challenger even.

If you go for the Challenger II, like I have, you're really going for the survivability. Though they can only be fielded in lesser quality, taking into consideration the cost of one.

T-84 isn't really known by me. Though I can almost certainly say they are cheaper than the Challenger both in base cost and in operation.

Really, it's your call.

Different vehicles for different vehicles sounds like a logistic pain in the arse. Other than that the strategy is valid.

Also page 500 how fun, nice to know you all and off to our knew home.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 am

GHawkins wrote:
Lubyak wrote:

I'll read up on it. I saw you also posted it on the other topic so I guess, because we reached 500, we'll be directing the replies to there.

Just a note, I do RP as FanT, so there are going to be some 'lol magic' things there. However, I've tried to keep things relatively realistic, even acknowledging the existence of magic.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am

This thread locked as it has reached 500.

Voting indicates that Akasha has the honor of OPing the next Military Realism Consolation thread. Please be patient and wait for him to make the new thread. I will post here with a link when it is up

See, already done, it seems.

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information