NATION

PASSWORD

Awesome/Funny NS quotes (not your own quotes, please)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Nailed to the Perch wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:It's not “victim-blaming,” it's a completely appropriate criticism of a certain part of Western culture.

...apparently, the female part. Or at least the female part that openly acknowledges being female. The nerve of us, not disguising our voices if we want to talk on Vent or Xbox Live! The audacity of us, designing characters that look kinda like ourselves! The sheer chutzpah of us, daring to make an LP while simultaneously possessing breasts!

I have never, not once, heard a male gamer criticized for "making sure you know they're male." Male players are perfectly allowed to sound male, look male, introduce themselves by male names, tell dick jokes, whatever without anyone accusing them of being an terrible attention whore flaunting their maleness in public. Why in the hell should I be held to a special standard in which I must try to hide my gender in order to enjoy my hobby?
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Free South Califas wrote:
Nailed to the Perch wrote:
...apparently, the female part. Or at least the female part that openly acknowledges being female. The nerve of us, not disguising our voices if we want to talk on Vent or Xbox Live! The audacity of us, designing characters that look kinda like ourselves! The sheer chutzpah of us, daring to make an LP while simultaneously possessing breasts!

I have never, not once, heard a male gamer criticized for "making sure you know they're male." Male players are perfectly allowed to sound male, look male, introduce themselves by male names, tell dick jokes, whatever without anyone accusing them of being an terrible attention whore flaunting their maleness in public. Why in the hell should I be held to a special standard in which I must try to hide my gender in order to enjoy my hobby?

That wasn't funny.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 pm

This made my day:

Neo Art wrote:I think we've found the inverse of the "there is no such thing as gray" NSG teen libertarian strikeforce. It's the "there's nothing but grey" NSG teen hipster brigade.

On one hand everything is exactly as it seems and there's no room for advanced and complex thinking, gay pride parades and the holocaust are equally evil! On the other hand, nothing can be known, nothing matters, everything is subjective, how dare you say Hitler was bad, that's just subjective!

And thus their bitter war surges ever onward, locked in the eternal struggle of polar opposites, and yet bound by one great similarity. The complete, total, and profound inability to discuss anything like a fucking adult.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Benomia wrote:

That wasn't funny.

It's not meant to be. It's in here under the "awesome" category instead.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Benomia wrote:

That wasn't funny.

Awesome/Funny NS Quotes is the name of the thread, I believe.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Benomia wrote:

That wasn't funny.

It was awesome.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Bodobol wrote:
Benomia wrote:
That wasn't funny.

It wasn't awesome either.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Bodobol wrote:
Benomia wrote:
That wasn't funny.

She is pretty awesome in the day to day. And I'm not saying that because she lets me see her naked.

...I'm not saying that JUST because she lets me see her naked.

Although it contributes to her being awesome.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Benomia wrote:

That wasn't funny.

I chuckled. Of course, as you've no doubt seen, I constantly chuckle during debates, especially when my opponent is ridiculous. It's part of my Bideny Irish Charm.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Benomia wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

It wasn't awesome either.

The way she ripped Ark a metaphorical new one was.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

She is pretty awesome in the day to day. And I'm not saying that because she lets me see her naked.

So any woman who shows you their naked body becomes more awesome?

I have to call a few people.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Esternial wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

So any woman who shows you their naked body becomes more awesome?

Well...at least the hot ones.
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Esternial wrote:So any woman who shows you their naked body becomes more awesome?

Well...at least the hot ones.

Make that less than a few people.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Arkinesia wrote:This made my day:

Neo Art wrote:I think we've found the inverse of the "there is no such thing as gray" NSG teen libertarian strikeforce. It's the "there's nothing but grey" NSG teen hipster brigade.

On one hand everything is exactly as it seems and there's no room for advanced and complex thinking, gay pride parades and the holocaust are equally evil! On the other hand, nothing can be known, nothing matters, everything is subjective, how dare you say Hitler was bad, that's just subjective!

And thus their bitter war surges ever onward, locked in the eternal struggle of polar opposites, and yet bound by one great similarity. The complete, total, and profound inability to discuss anything like a fucking adult.

I don't usually agree with Neo Art,

But when I do, he's right on the money!

Also, that was fucking hilarious :rofl:
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Siaos
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siaos » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Because if you don't sign up, you allow Section 39 Paragraph 827ABC Clause A91 of the Asuiop Rights Document 87APZ to go into affect allowing us to send assasins after your leader. You also allow Section 2 Paragraph 7269AHJ A63 of the Asuiop Rights Document 82ABY to go into affect allowing us to fill out document 172ASD-779 which activates a timer which when in counts down after 8 hours causes another timer to start taking 1 month to count down which causes a timer on the moon to count down for 0.000001 second which cause 17 ICBMs to fire directly at your capital, although only one ICBM will actually go off due to Section 82 Paragraph 729WER Clause W72 of the Generic Laws of Asuiop Volume 17ASY which prohibited more than one ICBM from going off at a foreign capital if the time is not 8:23AM on July 2, 2918.

Don't you just love bureaucracy? Its so efficent.

Something I found in the region chat.
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 41_eng.jpg
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printab ... &soc=-4.92
Zottistan wrote:Like voltage, the only practical way to measure freedom is relatively speaking.
Absolute freedom would be a terrible, terrible thing.
Join the UU, A Region of RP nations centered around the very strong Unitaria. To join, all you have to do is change your nations currency to the Unitaria, and TG Flaskjinia, Pasovo-Nacabo, or me.

Likes and Dislikes:
Likes:NSG, pragmaticism, Constitutional Monarchies, Centrism, Democracy, Civil Libertarianism, PC
Dislikes: NSG, Communism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Authoritarianism, Sarah Palin, Tea Party, Occupy Movement, Hipsters, Mac, Anonymous

Belligerent Alcoholics
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Belligerent Alcoholics » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
Felix wrote:Think of the children Ion!

Like you? :p
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Behave your damn selves, folks.

To block the sight of spam trolls, enter the troll's name here.
There's a list of suicide prevention resources here.
Pro: voluntary collectivism, civil rights and liberties, equal protection of law, Pope Francis, kittens; MRM; fair trade
Conflicted: Green Party; SPUSA; Fatah; guns; abortion
Anti: capitalism; Zionism; Hamas; Marxism; forced collectivism; fascism; free trade; feminism; ponies
Political compass
Political test
I side with...
Lawful-leaning Neutral Good

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:
New Maldorainia wrote:Like you? :p

I don't get it.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:

I don't get it.

Gaveo (Felix) is 14 or 15.
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm

TaQud wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:I don't get it.

Gaveo (Felix) is 14 or 15.

So it's less of a joke and more of a true statement?
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Benomia wrote:
TaQud wrote:Gaveo (Felix) is 14 or 15.

John Key was elected my Prime Minister and quite a few people consider that a joke.
Reality can tell jokes on it own, you know.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Siaos wrote:
Because if you don't sign up, you allow Section 39 Paragraph 827ABC Clause A91 of the Asuiop Rights Document 87APZ to go into affect allowing us to send assasins after your leader. You also allow Section 2 Paragraph 7269AHJ A63 of the Asuiop Rights Document 82ABY to go into affect allowing us to fill out document 172ASD-779 which activates a timer which when in counts down after 8 hours causes another timer to start taking 1 month to count down which causes a timer on the moon to count down for 0.000001 second which cause 17 ICBMs to fire directly at your capital, although only one ICBM will actually go off due to Section 82 Paragraph 729WER Clause W72 of the Generic Laws of Asuiop Volume 17ASY which prohibited more than one ICBM from going off at a foreign capital if the time is not 8:23AM on July 2, 2918.

Don't you just love bureaucracy? Its so efficent.

Something I found in the region chat.

Who sent that one, Siaos?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Benomia wrote:
TaQud wrote:Gaveo (Felix) is 14 or 15.

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:43 am

Sometimes, when you try to kick someone's ass with the "Oh, yeah, are you an expert in this field?" rejoinder, you can miss by such an extent that the foot ends up in your own mouth.

Bottle wrote:
Disserbia wrote:I think he/she/they are australian.

Yes, that would be why I included my country of origin...because I know many people are not from the USA, and therefore my statements about my country may not apply to them.

Disserbia wrote: Also in the US over diagnosing is a big problem

For some disorders, yes. For others, the opposite. For a great many, we're average.

Disserbia wrote:I don't believe the social shit you are talking about and over diagnosing are mutually exclusive.

Did I say they were?

Disserbia wrote:Oh and also that's a fuckton of assumptions I dare you to back up, are you a psychologist?

Neuroscientist, but yes I also hold a degree in psychology. Why is that relevant? Would a "fuckton of assumptions" somehow be okay with you if they came from a person with a lot of degrees? If so, then GOOD NEWS! I have four.

But really, that isn't a good attitude. You should stick to addressing arguments rather than wasting time on appeals to authority and such.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 am

Luveria wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
sure, if you get thernsy and galla to join in, we could be our own little mormon family and get a reality TV show of our very own.

I'm naming it Ethel Mormonia.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

The united empires of zxarrkoenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The united empires of zxarrkoenia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 am

how about i am not your crowed king i am not your elected representative i am not your favored celebrity i am your conquering emperor and you will kneel before me or die before me emperor x imperia most notorious thing he said he said to the 13 kingdoms alliance as it rang though out history as it stuck thunderous fear and/or obedience and expanded the empire into ultimate glory

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General