NATION

PASSWORD

Trying to log in both forums at the same time

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Trying to log in both forums at the same time

Postby NERVUN » Fri May 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Ok, I've noticed this one before but it was never an issue until we had this great two forum system going. Logging into NS logs me out of Jolt and logging into Jolt will bump me out of NS. This is slightly annoying when I'm trying to follow threads on both forums (And given this is a beta test, it sounds like a two forum situation is going to be the norm for a bit).

Any ideas?
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Re: Trying to log in both forums at the same time

Postby [violet] » Fri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Unfortunately we've never been able to get Jolt to integrate well with NS. That's a large part of the reason we're trailing this forum: when one of our players has a problem on Jolt, we can't do anything to help.

I can help with any problems you have logging into this forum.

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat May 02, 2009 3:12 am

I'm on both forums now without a problem. So not everyone has this issue.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat May 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah, I would be very surprised if the Jolt login issue had anything to do with your status on this forum. It'll be some mysterious problem with your Jolt account that we can't see. :|

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sat May 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Could it be because the OP's trying to log in manually (by going straight to forum.nationstates.net) rather than letting the system log him in (by logging into NS /then/ clicking the forum link)?
Слава Україні!

Return to Technical