NATION

PASSWORD

.:The BIG Collaborative List of Suggested NS Improvements:.

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Caesica wrote:Is there a way for you to add a section to our nations profiles that we can write a little bit about them?

Like on NationStates2, you got 500 words. If we could have something like that, it would be nice.

This sounds familiarly like the National Factbook Entry which is a suggested improvement that was quite popular among players, including [violet].

However 500 words is chinsy, try unlimited words at NSwiki !!!

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:20 pm

or you could post in the factbooks and national information section

Limicon Cardoid
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Add off-game calculator for stats other than economic

Postby Limicon Cardoid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:02 am

I saw the NSEconomy calculator and I REALLY enjoy it. Although, it made me wonder if there was a calculator for other statistics. What about national average happiness, population growth, percentage of population in each economic tier (working class, middle class, etc), whether the basic social unit is (nuclear family, extended family, or a polyamorous family), values that the majority hold, average national IQ and EQ, economy sector percents (like sure the leading industry in your nation is arms, but what percent of your national economy does it own?), literacy rates, education levels through the economic tiers, I think you all get the idea.

Basically, I know the power of role playing, and I know in-game functions like this would be bad. However, an off-game calculator for any of this would be nice. Even a simple sociological calculator would be cool. Let me know if anything like that exists, or if it will please.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:15 pm

A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Added in the "Regional Advertisement and Community Growth" category.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Unibot,

In a reply to the suggestion for "Making "The" optional before each Nation's prefix (NS Customzation)", I also have suggested before that it would be at least a good move to make pre-titles optional for nations with over 500 million citizens. I note several real-life nations that actually do not have pre or post titles such as Japan and Ukraine. Please take note, thank you.

--Charlotte

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Hi Unibot,

In a reply to the suggestion for "Making "The" optional before each Nation's prefix (NS Customzation)", I also have suggested before that it would be at least a good move to make pre-titles optional for nations with over 500 million citizens. I note several real-life nations that actually do not have pre or post titles such as Japan and Ukraine. Please take note, thank you.

--Charlotte

Though that would probably conflict with the [nation] tags that use [nation=long] as their default. I'll add it under NationStates Customization like you said. Dah!

Personally I think, "The Non-Existent Pre-title of Charlotte Ryberg" has a bit of a ring to it. :p

Kalasparata
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

There shouldm be a "hey Max" section on here where you keep taliking back and forth to Max Barry, hoever you are not allowed to speek spam like "Join my region" or "Endorse my nation" or "approve my proposal" this could be a serious section for serious posts, like, hey Max, I have a problem with @@RANDOM@@ issue or the sight could be improved by.........

Also, issue 006:
The Issue
It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

The Debate
1. Catholic Archbishop @@RANDOMNAME@@: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching God Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice.

2. New Age thinker @@RANDOMNAME@@: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

3. Finally, there's @@RANDOMNAME@@. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."

I want to choose option 1 but I don't want to be, Catholic, I want to be an other religion. This should be like the issue where you appoint a capital city, where you name the city yourself, this should be like that with religion!

It should be
Also, issue 006:
The Issue
It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

The Debate
1. Archbishop @@RANDOMNAME@@: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching god Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice. He would make his religion the national religion

2. New Age thinker @@RANDOMNAME@@: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

3. Finally, there's @@RANDOMNAME@@. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."
Last edited by Kalasparata on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No I did not spell jail wrong, "gaol" is the Australian spelling
cityrailsaints on TrainsPlanesNRL
Capital City:Ipsola
Leader: Stelios Cityrailsaints
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
|| Factbook (Wiki) | Flag Meaning | Photobucket
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Kalasparata wrote:There shouldm be a "hey Max" section on here where you keep taliking back and forth to Max Barry, hoever you are not allowed to speek spam like "Join my region" or "Endorse my nation" or "approve my proposal" this could be a serious section for serious posts, like, hey Max, I have a problem with @@RANDOM@@ issue or the sight could be improved by.........

Max Barry doesn't have time for that.

Kalasparata wrote:I want to choose option 1 but I don't want to be, Catholic, I want to be an other religion. This should be like the issue where you appoint a capital city, where you name the city yourself, this should be like that with religion!

Selecting that option won't make your nation Catholic, it just has an effect and alters the calculators. You can choose your nations national religion via an Easter egg issue.
Last edited by Collective Systems on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:07 am

There should be more options with tax and currency
1.Tax
1.A.You should have the option of who pays more tax options which you have in settings:
1.A.i)Lower for the wealty ii)flat iii)Higher for the wealthy
1.B.Tax is a certain:
1.B.i)amount of @@CURRENCY@@ ii)percentage iii)certain @@CURRENCY@@ of assets
2.Currency
2.A.Amount of currencies, you should be allowed to have
2.A.i)no money system ii)One currency iii)2 or more currencies (upto 10)
2.B.Share @@CURRENCY@@ with other nation(s)(if applicable, 1 of these per currency)
2.B. i)Certain nation(s) and/or region(s)[That is, if the creator of the currency agrees to it] ii)No one iii)Use U$D
Last edited by Kalasparata on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Though we decide most of that through our issues, right?
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 am

A mean old man wrote:Though we decide most of that through our issues, right?

Hell No!

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 am

There should be a dedicated subforunm for embasies

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 am

Kalasparata wrote:There should be a dedicated subforunm for embasies

They already said they weren't going to make any more sections.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:38 am

Collective Systems wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:There should be a dedicated subforunm for embasies

They already said they weren't going to make any more sections.

But why?

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 am

Because they said so.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 am

Why did they say so?

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:53 am

'fuck if I know, but I agree with them.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 am

Kalasparata wrote:Why did they say so?

Max doesn't want the forum divided up any more than it already is.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:Why did they say so?

Max doesn't want the forum divided up any more than it already is.

Oh okay!

There should be an [imgcomp] tag which allows you to add images from your computer rather than the internet as well as the origional [img] from the internet

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Kalasparata wrote:Oh okay!

There should be an [imgcomp] tag which allows you to add images from your computer rather than the internet as well as the origional [img] from the internet

You already suggested that and it's impossible.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Yup. As has been pointed out to you before, there are a number of free image servers available online. Personally, I use Photobucket, but there are plenty to be had, if you're looking for somewhere to upload your images.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:06 am

Why is it impossible?

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am

Kalasparata wrote:Why is it impossible?

Because the world doesn't work that way.

Kalasparata
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 am

Kalasparata wrote:Why is it impossible?

Because the world doesn't work that way.

What a suckish world!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives