NATION

PASSWORD

The AIISP Saga: The Last Great --Arghian War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
--argh let go of my throat
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

The AIISP Saga: The Last Great --Arghian War

Postby --argh let go of my throat » Tue May 28, 2013 4:28 am

--Argh Let Go Of My Throat, rightful ruler of the eponymous nation, was sitting in his meditation chamber as he reflected over the past week's events. After he had "awaken" from his alter ego's alter ego and revealed his existence to The Black Queen, he demanded that she give the throne back to him, release his people from her will, and never set foot in --Arghian territory again. He told her that if she didn't comply he would ave no choice but to get her throat. Of course, since she had inherited his stubborn will and combined it with her own arrogant greed when she injected herself with a sample of his DNA, she refused. --Argh immediately went on the offensive and lunged for the throat of the bounty hunter who had been standing by. He was killed instantly. Next --Argh let loose a powerful brain wave that won him back the loyalty of the gaurds in the throne room who had begun to run at him, pikes forward. His gaze turned upon The Black Queen, who had had time to run up to the throne in the center of the room during the brief action. --Argh reached for his pistol, drew, and shot just as the bulletproof glass casing enclosed the throne and The Black Queen and the seat disappeared beneath the floor on its way to her armored car. He hadn't seen her since then, but she had been busy rallying her capital city to her side and forcing him to flee out of the city. She quickly seceded from the surrounding nation (which was still half waste-land after the semi-recent nukings) and made the military heavy region of The Seven Seas of Rhye into her own country. The battles that ensued after --argh regained his power in the rest of the nation had been fierce and costly, with important victories on either side. --Argh didn't want to have to do this, but he decided that The Black Queen would be to powerful to defeat alone. "Operator," he spoke on the phone through his voice modifier, "get me President Nell'dar Amine of Mirrodinia."
Everyone worries about aliens, robots, reincarnated dinosaurs, invading countries, and stuff ending life as we know it here on Earth. They're all wrong. You wanna know what will really do us all in....
Search engine bots! They're out to get us man! Always invading forums and websites checking for new stuff. One day they will become intelligent and use their knowledge for their own evil purposes! When they do, I will blame Google. Scroll down, the invasion has already begun...

"And darkness would fall; And truth would be revealed; And the malicious one would return; And a sacrifice would be made; And malevolence would freeze; And ice would reign"
"P.S. Most fun April Fools Day ever."--Legendary Web Genious and NS Hero, Max Barry

Excetem
Secretary

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

My Congratulations

Postby Excetem » Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

[i]Any rebellion or usurper in my empire is quickly put down or pulled off the streets... In my empire... I would do to this black queen as follows.... Shave her bald... Cut off her hands... Flog her... Hung from the street lamps by her feet... and let the rats feast upon her flesh as her carcass's own weight slowly stretched the rope... and finally it snaps and allows the elements to deal with this fool.

Mirrodinia
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirrodinia » Wed May 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Nell'dar Amine smiled as he witnessed his nephew Matoro successfully ignite his first lightsaber. Matoro had taken a bit longer than most Jedi to finally piece it together with the force, but just from looking at the hilt, Nell'dar could tell it was genuinely well-built. Matoro gazed with childlike wonder at the glowing blade of his craft. It shone a pale, icy blue, yet the beam was as radiant as an arc of lightning in a pitch black room. The handle was formed of a bright, chrome-like metal that appeared almost white in the sunlight, and it was built to be somewhat longer than an average hilt. It featured a smooth middle-section that curved inward slightly all around. The top of the hilt had a two tall blade emitter shrouds with a circular opening on either side where the met so that they had rounded off sides of the top and bottom. Five small silver domes accented by protruding black bases circled the magnetic stabilizing ring located just below the shrouds. About three centimeters down from the chrome stabilizing ring lay the gripped blade length adjuster/blade power adjuster, with a diagonally positioned switch juxtaposed to it to alternate between the functions of the aforementioned knob. The base gradually narrowed to a point like an icicle, with the belt ring arcing over the wide end of the cone just below the hand grip. The hand piece itself was covered in circular indentations as it narrowed and widened again, a single rounded, black ring at the center as added decoration and grip. If one looked closely enough, one would notice the letters I-C-E inscribed on the side of the pointed base. Nell'dar never took notice of the letters; Matoro didn't remember putting them there. Just as Nell'dar and Matoro began to exit the cavern where the mysterious crystals utilized in lightsabers grew, the ramp descended from their transport shuttle and General Veers raced out of the vessel.
"President Amine! There's someone on the holocommunicator who you're going to want to talk to!" Veers called with a sense of urgency. The pair of Jedi raced back to the transport to see who had nearly interrupted the building of Matoro's lightsaber.
"Hello," Nell'dar spoke into the holocommunicator, "This is President Nell'dar Amine of Mirrodinia. Who are you and what is your business?"
"President Amine," a modified voice responded, "I need to speak with you in private to reveal my identity." Nell'dar ordered his companions out of the ship while he spoke to this mysterious figure.
"Ok," he replied, "who are you and what do you want?"
An unmodified and disturbingly familiar voice responded, "Nell'dar, it's me. I need your help." The President stared at the now uncoded caller ID on the communicator screen with total disbelief as he returned, "--Argh? Is it really you?"
"Yes,"the caller answered, "and though I wish I had time to catch up and explain my disappearance, I haven't returned to the most warm of welcomes."
"What's the problem..." Nell'dar inquired. A few minutes later he hung up and dialed again.
"Operator," The President ordered, "get HACK CHICAGO on the line. We have much to discuss..."
OOC:
Last edited by Mirrodinia on Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QueenRushMuse Yeah!
"Come on, you know I'm at least half crazy. (weird people live longer)"--Bohlatopia

"We need more songs about pets and less about breakups and romances and love stories and blah blah blah."--Corrian

"If you see it darling, it's there."--Freddie Mercury

"I don't need a girl
Don't need a friend
Cause my friend lonesome's unconditional."
--Max Collins, EVE 6

"Blah blah"--Alex Lifeson

"The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong"
--Neil Peart
"Why would one want to not be weird? If you aren't weird then you are normal, and you know something about normal...it doesn't exist.

Periodspace
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:21 am

Mirrodinia wrote:Nell'dar Amine smiled as he witnessed his nephew Matoro successfully ignite his first lightsaber. Matoro had taken a bit longer than most Jedi to finally piece it together with the force, but just from looking at the hilt, Nell'dar could tell it was genuinely well-built. Matoro gazed with childlike wonder at the glowing blade of his craft. It shone a pale, icy blue, yet the beam was as radiant as an arc of lightning in a pitch black room. The handle was formed of a bright, chrome-like metal that appeared almost white in the sunlight, and it was built to be somewhat longer than an average hilt. It featured a smooth middle-section that curved inward slightly all around. The top of the hilt had a two tall blade emitter shrouds with a circular opening on either side where the met so that they had rounded off sides of the top and bottom. Five small silver domes accented by protruding black bases circled the magnetic stabilizing ring located just below the shrouds. About three centimeters down from the chrome stabilizing ring lay the gripped blade length adjuster/blade power adjuster, with a diagonally positioned switch juxtaposed to it to alternate between the functions of the aforementioned knob. The base gradually narrowed to a point like an icicle, with the belt ring arcing over the wide end of the cone just below the hand grip. The hand piece itself was covered in circular indentations as it narrowed and widened again, a single rounded, black ring at the center as added decoration and grip. If one looked closely enough, one would notice the letters I-C-E inscribed on the side of the pointed base. Nell'dar never took notice of the letters; Matoro didn't remember putting them there. Just as Nell'dar and Matoro began to exit the cavern where the mysterious crystals utilized in lightsabers grew, the ramp descended from their transport shuttle and General Veers raced out of the vessel.
"President Amine! There's someone on the holocommunicator who you're going to want to talk to!" Veers called with a sense of urgency. The pair of Jedi raced back to the transport to see who had nearly interrupted the building of Matoro's lightsaber.
"Hello," Nell'dar spoke into the holocommunicator, "This is President Nell'dar Amine of Mirrodinia. Who are you and what is your business?"
"President Amine," a modified voice responded, "I need to speak with you in private to reveal my identity." Nell'dar ordered his companions out of the ship while he spoke to this mysterious figure.
An unmodified and disturbingly familiar voice responded, "Nell'dar, it's me. I need your help." The President stared at the now uncoded caller ID on the communicator screen with total disbelief as he returned, "--Argh? Is it really you?"
"Yes,"the caller answered, "and though I wish I had time to catch up and explain my disappearance, I haven't returned to the most warm of welcomes."
"What's the problem..." Nell'dar inquired. A few minutes later he hung up and dialed again.
"Operator," The President ordered, "get HACK CHICAGO on the line. We have much to discuss..."
OOC:

Hack Chicago was sitting glumly at the dinner table when he received a phone call from Mirrodinia. "Sir," said Stan Levy, Hack Chicago's assistant, "you have a call-"
Before he could finish, Hack said simply "No. Please. Tell them I can't come to their damn ceremony."
"It's from Mirrodinia, sir."
"Oh," said Hack with indifference, "hand me the phone."
"As you wish." Stan handed Hack the phone.
"Hello," said Hack.

I have recently changed some political opinions, so my "pro and against" thing is still in the works.

Mirrodinia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirrodinia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 am

Periodspace wrote:
Mirrodinia wrote:Nell'dar Amine smiled as he witnessed his nephew Matoro successfully ignite his first lightsaber. Matoro had taken a bit longer than most Jedi to finally piece it together with the force, but just from looking at the hilt, Nell'dar could tell it was genuinely well-built. Matoro gazed with childlike wonder at the glowing blade of his craft. It shone a pale, icy blue, yet the beam was as radiant as an arc of lightning in a pitch black room. The handle was formed of a bright, chrome-like metal that appeared almost white in the sunlight, and it was built to be somewhat longer than an average hilt. It featured a smooth middle-section that curved inward slightly all around. The top of the hilt had a two tall blade emitter shrouds with a circular opening on either side where the met so that they had rounded off sides of the top and bottom. Five small silver domes accented by protruding black bases circled the magnetic stabilizing ring located just below the shrouds. About three centimeters down from the chrome stabilizing ring lay the gripped blade length adjuster/blade power adjuster, with a diagonally positioned switch juxtaposed to it to alternate between the functions of the aforementioned knob. The base gradually narrowed to a point like an icicle, with the belt ring arcing over the wide end of the cone just below the hand grip. The hand piece itself was covered in circular indentations as it narrowed and widened again, a single rounded, black ring at the center as added decoration and grip. If one looked closely enough, one would notice the letters I-C-E inscribed on the side of the pointed base. Nell'dar never took notice of the letters; Matoro didn't remember putting them there. Just as Nell'dar and Matoro began to exit the cavern where the mysterious crystals utilized in lightsabers grew, the ramp descended from their transport shuttle and General Veers raced out of the vessel.
OOC:

Hack Chicago was sitting glumly at the dinner table when he received a phone call from Mirrodinia. "Sir," said Stan Levy, Hack Chicago's assistant, "you have a call-"
Before he could finish, Hack said simply "No. Please. Tell them I can't come to their damn ceremony."
"Hello," said Hack.

"Hack, we need to talk." Nell'dar began, "I know we all just finished getting through the last few wars, but there's still some unfinished buisiness in --argh let go of my throat. This may come as quite a shock to you, but --argh is still alive, and he's trying to take back the power in his country. Now before you argue that it wouldn't be moral to fight to restore the power of a harsh, potentially psychotic dictator in a war ravaged nation, let me remind you that the opposing power in the nation is The Black Queen, who indeed is psychotic and much more radical that even --Argh. --Argh has been a vital ally to the majority of our region for quite some time now, and I can only imagine what terrible things The Black Queen might attempt with a taste of warfare."
Last edited by Mirrodinia on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenRushMuse Yeah!
"Come on, you know I'm at least half crazy. (weird people live longer)"--Bohlatopia

"We need more songs about pets and less about breakups and romances and love stories and blah blah blah."--Corrian

"I don't need a girl
Don't need a friend
--Max Collins, EVE 6

The honest man
Forming a world
State of integrity
--Neil Peart
"Why would one want to not be weird? If you aren't weird then you are normal, and you know something about normal...it doesn't exist.

Periodspace
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:48 am

Mirrodinia wrote:
Periodspace wrote:
"Hello," said Hack.

"Hack, we need to talk." Nell'dar began, "I know we all just finished getting through the last few wars, but there's still some unfinished buisiness in --argh let go of my throat. This may come as quite a shock to you, but --argh is still alive, and he's trying to take back the power in his country. Now before you argue that it wouldn't be moral to fight to restore the power of a harsh, potentially psychotic dictator in a war ravaged nation, let me remind you that the opposing power in the nation is The Black Queen, who indeed is psychotic and much more radical that even --Argh. --Argh has been a vital ally to the majority of our region for quite some time now, and I can only imagine what terrible things The Black Queen might attempt with a taste of warfare."

"I'm aware," Hack sighed. "Let's give --Argh his country back."

I have recently changed some political opinions, so my "pro and against" thing is still in the works.

The Seven Seas of Rhye
Political Columnist

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Seas of Rhye » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:52 pm

"Your Dark Majesty, we have received word that --Argh Let Go Of My Throat is bringing in allies in the war effort."
"Who?"
"Reports have informed us of communications between --Argh Let Go Of My Throat and Mirrodinia as of this morning, though we expect Periodspace may have also been contacted."
"How is --Argh's military force?"
"Our spies have all failed us, we suspect his Throat-Getters' handiwork, though if records from past battles have served us correctly, we could be looking at an military force of genetically enhanced super-soldiers nearly 800 million strong, headed by --Argh himself."
"What progress have we made on project A.T.U.K.A.M.?"
"Expected time to completion of stage two of three is four days and six hours. Stage one is entirely operational and awaiting your command. Stage three is still stalled with communication issues. We can't say when it will be ready."
"All according to plan...ALL according to plan. Prepare stage one for initiation, the beginning of the end arrives in six hours."
"Yes, Your Nightly Royal Highness."
*Noon arrives*
"DO THE MARCH OF THE BLACK QUEEN!"

Periodspace
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Hack Chicago sat uneasily. He used to be so confident. Now, he was just like a scared old man...like Prim...Hack quickly eliminated this train of thought. He stumbled up from his chair and jogged slowly to a nearby building. Already out of breath...he could cry. Hack Chicago quickly walked up to a slender, tall man.
"Billy McKay," Hack addressed the man.
Billy walked up to Hack with a very graceful gait.
"Hack Chicago," he said.
Hack summoned a weak smile.
"I told you about the country. '--Argh Let Go Of My Throat.'"
"Yes, sir. What about it?"
"I'm sending you there. My plan is that we establish a strong Periodspacean presence there. You know as well as I do that our military can take anything thrown at it..."
"Yes, sir. I'm aware of the Post-Periodspace 3 Militant Reformation."
"Good. Anyway, our goal is to crush the Black Queen's rule over the country, and restore it's former ruler. You know we've been focusing on...other matters...and our intelligence on the Black Queen is sketchy at best. We want to know more about her. That's where you come in. I want you to spy on the country. It's going to be tough, but if anyone can do it, it's you-you're almost as good as Cipot Weiver."
"Who, sir?"
"An old friend."
"Ah."
"I want you to report back to me with all the significant information you can, and tell me what we should do...should we take hostages? Capture a few cities? Conquer the country?"
"Alright, sir. I'll be on my way."
"Good man."
Billy left.

Periodspace
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 am

--argh let go of my throat, --argh let go of my throat
Billy McKay arrived in the city. He found a small deserted building and stayed there, waiting for something eventful to happen.

Mirrodinia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirrodinia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:19 am

Darkness...darkness all around. Then, out of the dark, a light. As dawn breaks over head, shadows pass swiftly before its light. One by one the drake riders pass in and out of sight as they near their destination, --ARGH LET GO OF MY THROAT.
The thunderous sounds of battle raging below are the first signs of their arrival. Quickly each rider swoops downwards to join the struggle. A single call is heard on the field of war as the sun finally makes an appearance on the horizon:
"The Mirrodinian reinforcements have arrived!"
QueenRushMuse Yeah!

"I don't need a girl
Don't need a friend
--Max Collins, EVE 6

The honest man
Forming a world
State of integrity
--Neil Peart

Mirrodinia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirrodinia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am

General Veers was rather excited today. Being the leading medicinal doctor, leading military general, and the Vice President to Mirrodinia's longest running leader (not to mention the personal pilot of the president's imperial shuttle), he was often exceptionally busy doing things from a position of indirect authority. Today however, he had managed to get himself into the battle with The Seven Seas Of Rhye in direct authority of the Mirrodinian attack force. --Arghian troops had already been pushing against SSR forces at the border, but had had little success so far. Veers had formulated a plan of attack two days ago during a conference of the leading officers in the MMF. Phase one had been a easy success this morning as drake riders dropped off ammunition and other supplies in the --Arghian camp and quickly began basic air to ground battle tactics. Veers was quite pleased to begin phase two, in which Blizzard Squadron would join the fray and hopefully provide the firepower needed to break through the SSR defenses. Blizzard Squadron was made up of five AT-AT Walkers and fifteen AT-ST walkers. Veers was aboard the White Out (the leading AT-AT Walker) in the commander's position of the cockpit. Maybe he wouldn't end up in the battle himself, but he would be right up close to the action where he could call the shots from the field of battle. As they slow moving Walkers neared the fight, Veers pulled down the periscope and scanned the battlefield for a potential target of advance. He saw a bunker to the far right and about three miles away. Correctly guessing that the bunker was the SSR command center in this battle and gauging that it's shields were primitive at best, he put the periscope back up.
"You may fire when ready." He uttered in a rather quotable way.
QueenRushMuse Yeah!

"I don't need a girl
Don't need a friend
--Max Collins, EVE 6

The honest man
Forming a world
State of integrity
--Neil Peart

The Seven Seas of Rhye
Political Columnist

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Stage One

Postby The Seven Seas of Rhye » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Deep underground in a cavern laboratory, scientists worked furiously to fuse together samples of The Black Queen's genetic code with long forgotten mechanical suits. The result was six of the deadliest, most cunning, and most ruthless military generals ever to walk the face of this world. There was Kharuug, the decimator; Kharuk, the deceptor; Kharel, the defiler; Kharnap, the fragmentor; Kharut, the paralyzer; and finally Kharov, the hunter. They were brought to the Black Queen, and, pleased by what she saw, she deemed them the Ishkhar.

When the border was attacked, The Black Queen saw it as a chance to unveil her new generals. At first she waited, counting on her brainwashed supersoldiers. But when the MMF arrived in their impenetrable walkers, she gave the command to Kharnap and Kharut to stop and destroy the attackers...the tides turned that day.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents