NATION

PASSWORD

Most Exciting Life Stories

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Nailed to the Perch wrote:
No? I have zero stories involving any of those things. Which is not some sort of failing on my part!

I'm sure we all have crazy ass stories.

Indeed! But most of us, including me and pretty much everyone else I've ever met, have lead less crazy-story-filled lives than NA, not because we are somehow inferior or un-special, but just because people's lives vary. His upbringing was pretty damn unusual. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a thing.

Again, no one is saying anything beyond "people who've traveled to a third of the countries in the world before they hit their teens tend to have weirder stories than people who just took a vacation to Colorado most summers." It's not a moral judgment, for heaven's sake. I can't believe we're still going on about this.
Useless Eaters wrote:This is a clear attempt to flamenco.

Temujinn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Temujinn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

In all honesty the stories of my life I personally find most exciting, are not generally found exciting by other people.

My most exciting moments were being at the births of my children, meeting crazy people, or seeing crazy things, or doing crazy stuff is really kind of like meh.
I hate you.
Yes, I do mean you.
Conserative Morality wrote:Is accusing someone of being a WASP likely to damage their reputation?.... I openly admit that I use it disparagingly. Something about the mentality of the group referred to being rather contrary to American values.
Do you know someone who might be a White Protestant of English ancestry, report them to your block Sargeant CM, and he will drag them before the New House Committee on Un-American Activities. Report your neighbors.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Disserbia wrote:I'm sure we all have crazy ass stories.

Indeed! But most of us, including me and pretty much everyone else I've ever met, have lead less crazy-story-filled lives than NA, not because we are somehow inferior or un-special, but just because people's lives vary. His upbringing was pretty damn unusual. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a thing.

Again, no one is saying anything beyond "people who've traveled to a third of the countries in the world before they hit their teens tend to have weirder stories than people who just took a vacation to Colorado most summers." It's not a moral judgment, for heaven's sake. I can't believe we're still going on about this.

I know that, I'm saying the assumption you made was a dumb one. God knows we all want what we don't have.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Arcturus IV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcturus IV » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Arcturus IV wrote:
Pretty much this, although I guess I would have to say the most excited I've ever been, would be the time I spent ten hours hospitalised with a pulse rate of 186. Ayup.

where's my rimshot, eh?

Shit son. I think my heart would give out at that point.

To be honest, I'm surprised mine didn't. I have horrendous luck. To illustrate (and incidentally related to the thread), just yesterday I opened the freezer as I was looking for ice. A can of ginger ale fell out onto the floor. Surprised, I bent over to pick it up.

... at which point a frozen bottle of water promptly fell out as well and nailed the can in just the right way so that it burst and liberally doused me with pressurised ginger ale, square in the face. I have never been quite so taken aback as I was at that point, I think.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Disserbia wrote:

I know that, I'm saying the assumption you made was a dumb one. God knows we all want what we don't have.

Well, as the philosopher Jaegger once said, you can't always get what you want.

...fucker changed my cartoons.

I WAS WATCHING THOSE CARTOONS YOU FOPPISH BRITISH FUCK
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Temujinn wrote:In all honesty the stories of my life I personally find most exciting, are not generally found exciting by other people.

My most exciting moments were being at the births of my children, meeting crazy people, or seeing crazy things, or doing crazy stuff is really kind of like meh.

Yeah the things that matter most to you have the most impact.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
PC:
PS:
PT:

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Disserbia wrote:

...what are you even talking about?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Galloism wrote:I'm actually Frank Abignale.

True fact.

How do I know you're the real Frank Abignale and not an imposter?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:"I got so high once that I kept forgetting I ordered a pizza..."

I don't know that I do, really.

Really? Nothing?

Nothing 'crazy,' not really. Some coincidences, like I started a sport at the same time and competed regularly against someone who went on to be one of the top competitors in that sport, but that's not 'crazy,' that's just a coincidence. He didn't start in a bubble, he had to have competed against someone, it just happened to be me and a few other kids.

Sneaking into jazz festivals...teaching myself Dukes of Hazzard tricks in my old Chevy...they may not be universal (perhaps less dorky and you snuck into a rock concert instead or whatever)...the stories aren't really 'crazy'. They might be amusing, I might tell them in a funny way if I'm in the right mood, but sitting here at the moment I can't think of a story that would make anyone go, "Fucking no way, that's crazy!"

...alright, here's the best I can think of at the moment. At one point, while I was homeless another homeless cat had set me up with a place to stow away and my Bus wasn't working so I couldn't use that, so for a week a friend let me park it in front of his house. He came out and found someone trying to steal it and called them out on it even after they read some mail I had in there trying to pretend I had asked them to move it. He knew the guys, they lived around the corner. Six months later the same homeless guy who set me up found us a place to live in this crazy libertarian guy's house who was in some sort of property tax showdown and was essentially using his son and a bunch of squatters to hold up...I'm not really sure how it was supposed to work...anyway, it turned out to be the guys who tried to steal my bus, it was a bunch of meth addicts who had disassembled everything in the fucking house. I sacrificed my cool box from my Bus to get out of there.

That's just sucky, and again a coincidence. It's not really 'crazy'.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Arcturus IV wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Shit son. I think my heart would give out at that point.

To be honest, I'm surprised mine didn't. I have horrendous luck. To illustrate (and incidentally related to the thread), just yesterday I opened the freezer as I was looking for ice. A can of ginger ale fell out onto the floor. Surprised, I bent over to pick it up.

... at which point a frozen bottle of water promptly fell out as well and nailed the can in just the right way so that it burst and liberally doused me with pressurised ginger ale, square in the face. I have never been quite so taken aback as I was at that point, I think.

Oh God, one time I put beer in the freezer to cool faster ad forgot about it, later I opened it for ice and the frozen bloated beer landed on my foot suffice to say I still have a scar.

PC:
PS:
PT:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:I'm actually Frank Abignale.

True fact.

Well, I've got this ID badge.

And a medical doctorate right here.

And my law degree.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Really? Nothing?

Nothing 'crazy,' not really. Some coincidences, like I started a sport at the same time and competed regularly against someone who went on to be one of the top competitors in that sport, but that's not 'crazy,' that's just a coincidence. He didn't start in a bubble, he had to have competed against someone, it just happened to be me and a few other kids.

Sneaking into jazz festivals...teaching myself Dukes of Hazzard tricks in my old Chevy...they may not be universal (perhaps less dorky and you snuck into a rock concert instead or whatever)...the stories aren't really 'crazy'. They might be amusing, I might tell them in a funny way if I'm in the right mood, but sitting here at the moment I can't think of a story that would make anyone go, "Fucking no way, that's crazy!"

...alright, here's the best I can think of at the moment. At one point, while I was homeless another homeless cat had set me up with a place to stow away and my Bus wasn't working so I couldn't use that, so for a week a friend let me park it in front of his house. He came out and found someone trying to steal it and called them out on it even after they read some mail I had in there trying to pretend I had asked them to move it. He knew the guys, they lived around the corner. Six months later the same homeless guy who set me up found us a place to live in this crazy libertarian guy's house who was in some sort of property tax showdown and was essentially using his son and a bunch of squatters to hold up...I'm not really sure how it was supposed to work...anyway, it turned out to be the guys who tried to steal my bus, it was a bunch of meth addicts who had disassembled everything in the fucking house. I sacrificed my cool box from my Bus to get out of there.

OK, I'm sorry, but you don't get to wander into a thread about crazy life stories and talk about how you don't have any, and then go "OK, well there was this ONE time, when I was homeless..."

Nailed to the Perch
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nailed to the Perch » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Temujinn wrote:In all honesty the stories of my life I personally find most exciting, are not generally found exciting by other people.

Yeah, that's kinda the thing about life. The really exciting bits are often not the ones that make great stories. "I met someone awesome and I really like him" or "I had a baby" or "I got a job I really like" aren't particularly compelling stories, but they're a lot cooler in the long run than, well, meeting Mick Jagger. :)

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Disserbia wrote:I know that, I'm saying the assumption you made was a dumb one. God knows we all want what we don't have.

...what are you even talking about?

The fact that you made a dumb assumption and feel the need to stick by it by making a straw man of my pointing this out.

PC:
PS:
PT:

Temujinn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Temujinn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Nothing 'crazy,' not really. Some coincidences, like I started a sport at the same time and competed regularly against someone who went on to be one of the top competitors in that sport, but that's not 'crazy,' that's just a coincidence. He didn't start in a bubble, he had to have competed against someone, it just happened to be me and a few other kids.

OK, I'm sorry, but you don't get to wander into a thread about crazy life stories and talk about how you don't have any, and then go "OK, well there was this ONE time, when I was homeless..."

Being homeless isnt really that crazy, or uncommon.
It does however suck.
I hate you.
Yes, I do mean you.
Conserative Morality wrote:Is accusing someone of being a WASP likely to damage their reputation?.... I openly admit that I use it disparagingly. Something about the mentality of the group referred to being rather contrary to American values.
Do you know someone who might be a White Protestant of English ancestry, report them to your block Sargeant CM, and he will drag them before the New House Committee on Un-American Activities. Report your neighbors.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah, that's kinda the thing about life. The really exciting bits are often not the ones that make great stories. "I met someone awesome and I really like him" or "I had a baby" or "I got a job I really like" aren't particularly compelling stories, but they're a lot cooler in the long run than, well, meeting Mick Jagger. :)

Hm.

Well.

Somebody obviously hasn't ever met a certain Mr. Jagger.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Galloism wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Well, I've got this ID badge.

And my law degree.

What have I told you about abusing the laser printer?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Disserbia wrote:I know that, I'm saying the assumption you made was a dumb one. God knows we all want what we don't have.

:lol:

PC:
PS:
PT:

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Nailed to the Perch wrote:...what are you even talking about?

The fact that you made a dumb assumption and feel the need to stick by it by making a straw man of my pointing this out.

I think I'm being drawn into some strange proof of concept catfishing where this is all a set up to some story in the future that begins "one day, I was fucking around on the internet..."

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

:lol:

Well he fucking turned off my cartoons.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:Well, I've got this ID badge.

And my law degree.

What have I told you about abusing the laser printer?

It wants it.

Asks for it even. Every time I start to abuse her she gets hot and starts making lots of erotic noises.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

New Besancon
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Besancon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Lived in Alaska for seven years...got nothing.
Vive Aux Napue Besancon onllé filé Lolêze!

Je m'appelle ベさ !
Love this quote. ^w^ (in reaction to our flag)
The New American commonwealth wrote:Well, if a Bonaparte is in powerful, and has the Imperial Japanese airforce and navy....
We're all doomed...

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Disserbia wrote:The fact that you made a dumb assumption and feel the need to stick by it by making a straw man of my pointing this out.

I think I'm being drawn into some strange proof of concept catfishing where this is all a set up to some story in the future that begins "one day, I was fucking around on the internet..."

Nope. But if you want to use it, you can. I'm not NSA.

PC:
PS:
PT:

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Disserbia wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

Nope. But if you want to use it, you can. I'm not NSA.

Neither was she.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Temujinn wrote:
Neo Art wrote:

Being homeless isnt really that crazy, or uncommon.
It does however suck.

Truth.

PC:
PS:
PT:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General