NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Wed May 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Singpu wrote:What did they take it down for? Lemme guess, being a port?

No. Firefox has super-strict guidelines on how and what addons can do, and Chrome web store has basically no rules at all. I need to make some changes to the addon to make it compatible with the Firefox store. It's not a big deal, just mostly a time-sink.
Minister of the Interior, Capitalist Paradise

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Wed May 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Well I've given up on getting an addon hosted from the Firefox store, the security rules are too strict. I agree with the rules (the security concerns are legitimate)...just not the outcome (obey or gtfo). Chrome's store is nicer because you can specify permissions per web page, so users are agreeing to grant permissions only on the RMB page.

Oh well, I will continue to host the firefox addon myself. I added a mirror for it too.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

That's really cool. You should do this more.

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Compliment from a site admin! That is a big honor afforess since its an admin for the game this is for, not just a forum admin but a SITE admin.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Afforess wrote:- Show/Hide button for self-deleted posts, view the posts that other users self-censored!
- Show/Hide button for moderator-deleted posts, view the posts that moderators didn't want you to see!

These features have been successfully broken.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Wed May 29, 2013 8:57 pm

[violet] wrote:
Afforess wrote:- Show/Hide button for self-deleted posts, view the posts that other users self-censored!
- Show/Hide button for moderator-deleted posts, view the posts that moderators didn't want you to see!

These features have been successfully broken.

Awesome! I'm working on some new non-privacy invasive features now, I promise!

Coming Soon:
  • URL's in RMB posts will be autodetected and turned into clickable links
  • Ability to ignore users and never see their RMB posts ever again
  • Highlight when you are mentioned in RMB posts
  • Search a RMB for keywords

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Afforess wrote:
[violet] wrote:These features have been successfully broken.

Awesome! I'm working on some new non-privacy invasive features now, I promise!

Coming Soon:

I think I love you.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Singpu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 pm

The RMB is hosted by the NS forum in truth, if you directly access the RMB by accessing the forum for the RMBs viewable in the source you can see the posts even deleted.

Singpu wrote...
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Singpu wrote:The RMB is hosted by the NS forum in truth

Beg pardon? The forums are a phpBB database on one box, the RMBs are hosted in a custom database on a different box. If you meant something else, perhaps you should provide some links or actual examples.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Singpu wrote:The RMB is hosted by the NS forum in truth

Beg pardon? The forums are a phpBB database on one box, the RMBs are hosted in a custom database on a different box. If you meant something else, perhaps you should provide some links or actual examples.

I think he means forum view of the RMB? But that doesn't show hidden posts...
Last edited by Zemnaya Svoboda on Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Singpu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Ill get a picture in the morning.

Singpu wrote...
Utceforp wrote:

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Afforess wrote:Awesome! I'm working on some new non-privacy invasive features now, I promise!

Coming Soon:

I think I love you.

I loved him first.

... well, no, but I'll make a time machine so that I did.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Thu May 30, 2013 10:29 am

Maltropia wrote:I loved him first.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I think I love you.

What features are you most interested in? I'll make sure to prioritize them.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Thu May 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Firefox users need to remove and reinstall the addon for it to be able to auto-update. Sorry about this inconvenience, still figuring out how everything works. Chrome users don't need to do anything, auto-updating works fine.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Fri May 31, 2013 4:54 am

You've just been nominated for the Nobel peace prize for awesomeness.

Congratulations.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 am

Maltropia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I think I love you.

I loved him first.

Actually, in all truth, I loved him first. What he did to the regional forums is amazing.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Fri May 31, 2013 8:23 pm

Search function completed! Restart your browsers! You can search the entire RMB post history of any region. If you want to search for an exact phrase, surround it in quotes, otherwise it searches for any of the words. Searching works just like the infinite scrolling - the first 10 results are displayed, but if you scroll down, more results load automatically, until no results are left. This prevents too many results from appearing for common phrases at once, and keeps bandwidth down.

@Violet - I tried to keep the request bandwidth to a minimum, the addon caches previously fetched pages until you refresh or close the tab. If you have more suggestions on how I can cache the data, let me know.
Last edited by Afforess on Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:12 am

Suffering from the documented Firefox issue of certain add-ons not starting upon Firefox startup. This add-on is one of them.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:51 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Suffering from the documented Firefox issue of certain add-ons not starting upon Firefox startup. This add-on is one of them.

Try removing the addon and reinstalling. Also, if this is documented somewhere, please link me to said documentation! :)

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Afforess wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Suffering from the documented Firefox issue of certain add-ons not starting upon Firefox startup. This add-on is one of them.

Try removing the addon and reinstalling. Also, if this is documented somewhere, please link me to said documentation! :)

Mostly by googling the issue with AdBlock Plus not starting, that's how I found out add-ons weren't starting. Some of my others aren't cooperating as well.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:22 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Afforess wrote:

Mostly by googling the issue with AdBlock Plus not starting, that's how I found out add-ons weren't starting. Some of my others aren't cooperating as well.

Hm, it doesn't seem to be a problem I can solve on my end of things. If you completely delete Firefox and reinstall, does it fix the issues?

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Afforess wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Mostly by googling the issue with AdBlock Plus not starting, that's how I found out add-ons weren't starting. Some of my others aren't cooperating as well.

Hm, it doesn't seem to be a problem I can solve on my end of things. If you completely delete Firefox and reinstall, does it fix the issues?

I have reset it for the ABP issue and still causes issues. Would uninstalling remove my addons?

Reinstalling this one results in same issue.

Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Afforess wrote:Hm, it doesn't seem to be a problem I can solve on my end of things. If you completely delete Firefox and reinstall, does it fix the issues?

I have reset it for the ABP issue and still causes issues. Would uninstalling remove my addons?

Have you tried this? http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Afforess wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I have reset it for the ABP issue and still causes issues. Would uninstalling remove my addons?

Have you tried this? http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems

Did, not going through that again.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm

This is awesome. Great work.

EDIT:
- Real time RMB: Loads new RMB posts in the page, without refreshing

Do you think you could apply this to telegrams as well?
Last edited by Feux on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical