NATION

PASSWORD

International Space Elevator Fund

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

International Space Elevator Fund

Postby Hesse Kassel » Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 pm

The International Space Elevator Organization is a create an elevator to space for the reason of expansion of humanity and as a global effort to improve international relations. Our nation Hesse Kassel cannot afford to build such a structure so we are now reaching out to our fellow nations for assistance.

Current Funds Donated: 134,800,000,000 (134.8 Billion)

Current Phase of Construction:

Supporting Nations:
CATACOM
Respubliko de Libereco
Selrahc
Iguantopia
Ethopian Empire

This thread is in a MT (assuming that we have materials strong enough to build an elevator.)

All participants will be polite and respectful, no trolling or GMing.

If you are interested in joining please follow this short application:
Code: Select all
Nation:
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money):
Why your are joining:
Last edited by Hesse Kassel on Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CATACOM
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby CATACOM » Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Nation: CATCOM
Donation: 500,000,000 NS$, 10 tons of pressure-resistant iron
Why?: To further relations with other countries with the cosmos
(used for Turmoil in Gotham as well):

Violet=We pose more of a threat to them than they do to us
Indigo=Little threat
Blue=Potential danger
Green=Direct threat, some action required
Yellow=Armed combat/war initiated
Orange=Full war declared, main military priority is ending threat
Red=Annihilation of one side is necessary for the other to survive

(used by police and national guard):

5=No threat
4=Surveillance required
3=Criminal
2=Armed repeat offender
1=Immediate danger to public
02=Armed repeat offender, lethal force authorized
01=Immediate danger to public, lethal force to be used

Green=Barely any to no danger
Yellow=Mild threat
Orange=Very unsafe
Red=Immediate danger
Scarlet=Widespread danger to everyone

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 pm

CATACOM wrote:Nation: CATCOM
Donation: 500,000,000 NS$, 10 tons of pressure-resistant iron
Why?: To further relations with other countries with the cosmos

To whom it may concern,

Hesse Kassel is delighted to hear of your substantial donation to our project! We look forward to your continued support.

Regards,
President Von Richter

Respubliko de Libereco
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Respubliko de Libereco » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 pm

To the International Space Elevator Fund,

Greetings! I represent the Respubliko de Libereco Ministry of Space Development (MSD). I am pleased to inform you that the ISEF is eligible for a donation of $10 billion from our International Space Research fund. However, before we can send the money, we need you to make a 0.1% ($10 million) security deposit, to make sure that the money does not go towards WMDs or other projects that our government does not approve of. This money will be refunded after one year if all conditions are met.
Simply fill out the following security form and send the security deposit, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Mr. Malamika, Respubliko de Libereco's Minister of Space Development

Do you guarantee that this money will not be used in the creation of WMDs?
Do you guarantee that you will take all steps necessary to prevent this money from being lost due to corruption?
Will you let a Liberecan inspector inspect your site a year from now to ensure that these conditions are being met?
Have you sent the 0.1% security deposit?

Selrahc
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Selrahc » Thu May 30, 2013 7:38 am

Nation: The Dominion of Selrahc
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money): 1,000,000 Credits, 1,000 Workers
Why your are joining: To get access to space, even if working with other nations is required.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Respubliko de Libereco wrote:To the International Space Elevator Fund,

Greetings! I represent the Respubliko de Libereco Ministry of Space Development (MSD). I am pleased to inform you that the ISEF is eligible for a donation of $10 billion from our International Space Research fund. However, before we can send the money, we need you to make a 0.1% ($10 million) security deposit, to make sure that the money does not go towards WMDs or other projects that our government does not approve of. This money will be refunded after one year if all conditions are met.
Simply fill out the following security form and send the security deposit, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Mr. Malamika, Respubliko de Libereco's Minister of Space Development

Do you guarantee that this money will not be used in the creation of WMDs?
Do you guarantee that you will take all steps necessary to prevent this money from being lost due to corruption?
Will you let a Liberecan inspector inspect your site a year from now to ensure that these conditions are being met?

To whom it may concern,

We will agree with your stipulations to an utmost sense of honor. We are overwhelmed that such a donation can be made. Here are our answers to your questions:
Do you guarantee that this money will not be used in the creation of WMDs? Absolutely not. We may or may not use a WMD like device in an endeavor for travel use only, (I.E.) Bomb propulsion.
Do you guarantee that you will take all steps necessary to prevent this money from being lost due to corruption? With an utmost sense of duty we will prevent corruption anywhere. Our nation is in the top 10% of least corrupt Governments.
Will you let a Liberecan inspector inspect your site a year from now to ensure that these conditions are being met? We will allow any and all Liberecan officials to inspect and assist in the construction and operation of the Elevator.

We look forward to your reply,
President Von Richter
Yes we have wired the sufficient amount to your account.
Last edited by Hesse Kassel on Thu May 30, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Selrahc wrote:Nation: The Dominion of Selrahc
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money): 1,000,000 Credits, 1,000 Workers
Why your are joining: To get access to space, even if working with other nations is required.

To whom it may concern,

We are delighted to hear of your support of money and workers! Please await instructions on were to put these workers, Hesse Kassel will provide room and board as well as food.

Regards,
President Von Richter

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 pm

OOC: I want to start the construction process so ideas are welcome! I want to hear peoples input!

Iguantopia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Iguantopia » Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 pm

This is nearly impossible, according to wikipedia, sci-show,vsauce and pop-science, It would cost $1,000 per kilogram, The cable would need to reach at least 35,000 kilometers from the earth, The counterweight would have to be extfemley heavy and not man-made because the technology to bring something man made and heavy enough to that distance does not exist. Also bringing a astroid of that size close enough for the space elevator would be extremley risky and dangerous. Finally, the only existing material strong, flexible and light enough would be carbon nanotubes, which have to be assembled atom by atom. Also the moon would not be a good counterweight because it rotates while it orbits. So personally I'd rather invest in sending humans to mars. I will however donate $123,000,000,000NSD because the project is possible, but just barley.
Iguantopia! the nation of peace, democracy, and intellectuals , President Iguana

Ethopian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethopian Empire » Thu May 30, 2013 7:59 pm

To: Hesse Kassel

Ethopian Empire would like to help this project.

Nation: Kingdom of the Ethopian Empire
What you are providing to the Fund: We would like to donate 1.2 Billion dollars to this project. We do request that 500 million
dollars is put into the safety, as we worry about the stability.
Why your are joining: Easy Access to space without costly space launches.
Last edited by Ethopian Empire on Thu May 30, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am in no way related to the real life African country.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Iguantopia wrote:This is nearly impossible, according to wikipedia, sci-show,vsauce and pop-science, It would cost $1,000 per kilogram, The cable would need to reach at least 35,000 kilometers from the earth, The counterweight would have to be extfemley heavy and not man-made because the technology to bring something man made and heavy enough to that distance does not exist. Also bringing a astroid of that size close enough for the space elevator would be extremley risky and dangerous. Finally, the only existing material strong, flexible and light enough would be carbon nanotubes, which have to be assembled atom by atom. Also the moon would not be a good counterweight because it rotates while it orbits. So personally I'd rather invest in sending humans to mars. I will however donate $123,000,000,000NSD because the project is possible, but just barley.

Like i said in the first post, this is not really a practicality project just for fun. I do agree that sending people to Mars is in theory more feasible but that also poses extreme risk, a space flight with zero gravity for 6 months would reap havoc on the human body, let alone carrying enough food etc etc.

However your donation is graciously accepted and we look forward to your continued support.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Ethopian Empire wrote:To: Hesse Kassel

Ethopian Empire would like to help this project.

Nation: Kingdom of the Ethopian Empire
What you are providing to the Fund: We would like to donate 1.2 Billion dollars to this project. We do request that 500 million
dollars is put into the safety, as we worry about the stability.
Why your are joining: Easy Access to space without costly space launches.

To the Ethopian Space Agency,

Your investment is happily accepted and we will comply with your terms for safety! Feel free to send inspectors and whomever you deem necessary to observe your donations fruition.

Regards
President Von Richter

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 pm

To all supporting nations of the ISEF,

Our organization has now decided that we require the following sites for the project to continue:

1. An elevator anchor point, it must be at least 4000ft above sea level and must have access to major roadways and must be within 100 Miles of a large airport. (The nation MUST deem this area international territory.)

2. A central office building located on the Elevator anchor site. This building(s) must be able to house 845 personnel with the needed hardware.

3. A security force with barracks and sufficient arms. Must meet a minimum of 500 personnel and vehicles.

4. A power grid powerful enough to operate the site and the Elevator.

5. A production compound for the needed materials to build the nano tube line.

Any nation may choose to allocate their funds to any of these requirements or any other necessities that are deemed necessary.

We all appreciate your assistance,
The Hessian Space Agency/ISEF
President Von Richter

Respubliko de Libereco
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Respubliko de Libereco » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Hesse Kassel wrote:To whom it may concern,

We will agree with your stipulations to an utmost sense of honor. We are overwhelmed that such a donation can be made. Here are our answers to your questions:
Do you guarantee that this money will not be used in the creation of WMDs? Absolutely not. We may or may not use a WMD like device in an endeavor for travel use only, (I.E.) Bomb propulsion.
Do you guarantee that you will take all steps necessary to prevent this money from being lost due to corruption? With an utmost sense of duty we will prevent corruption anywhere. Our nation is in the top 10% of least corrupt Governments.
Will you let a Liberecan inspector inspect your site a year from now to ensure that these conditions are being met? We will allow any and all Liberecan officials to inspect and assist in the construction and operation of the Elevator.

We look forward to your reply,
President Von Richter
Yes we have wired the sufficient amount to your account.

To whom it may concern,

Greetings. I represent the Foreign Ministry of the Respubliko de Libereco. I have some bad news for the International Space Elevator Fund.
It has come to our attention that you have been offered a donation from the Respubliko de Libereco Ministry of Space Development, and have sent a large security deposit to said ministry. However, the Respubliko de Libereco does not have a Ministry of Space Development. The person calling himself 'Mr. Malamika' does not represent any branch of the Liberecan government; he is a scam artist, most likely the same one responsible for recently defrauding Kueland out of millions of dollars.
We will do our best to catch this thief. However, we have tried and failed to do so in the past, so we cannot guarantee that we will catch him.

Sincerely,
The Foreign Ministry of Respubliko de Libereco.

P.S. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to refund you the stolen money.
Last edited by Respubliko de Libereco on Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Nation:
The Conch Republic and EPCOT of Timmy City
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money): 500 Billion NSD
Why your are joining: We want to help build the space elevator,and this will help with space research and travel.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Timmy City wrote:Nation:
Why your are joining: We want to help build the space elevator,and this will help with space research and travel.

To whom it may concern,

We are delighted for your aid! Which area are you interested in investing in?

Timmy City
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Timmy City » Fri May 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Hesse Kassel wrote:
Timmy City wrote:Nation:

To whom it may concern,

We are delighted for your aid! Which area are you interested in investing in?

We would like it to be didvided equally in all areas, if you need more money plus contact our government.
Hurricane Matthew 2016!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:21 am

Won't orbit interfere with the elevator
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 am

Nation:Alahana
-10x heavy lift sky cranes
-Connection to one of our oribital stations.
-3xO transport(Out of orbit transporter) to carry the equipment to build out reaths orbit.
-Our space elevator and its stations to easely transport goods to build your space elevator
(optional)-Defensive systems against terrorist or foreign threats.
(optional)-A loan of maximum $60,000,000,000.00 (60 Billion)
Why your are joining:We have our space elevator build with several orbital stations. But there is not much collaboration with other nations. And we wanna change that by making some
orbital stations and our space elevator public.
"Even When broken a sword may still cut."
Crowned Republic
Monarch is Phoenix King Gerrit II
Population of 104 million

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian
Hobbies are Gaming, MMA and bodybuilding
Security agent and wannabe DJ
♫♫I'm a hardbass junkie♫♫

Embassy program | Factbook | Wiki page | Deviantart page
Tech: mainly MT/PMT | DEFCON 5: Peacetime | Demonym : Alahanese

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Won't orbit interfere with the elevator

No not necessarily, the centripetal force of the earth spinning is what keeps the elevator up.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Alahana wrote:Nation:Alahana
-10x heavy lift sky cranes
-Connection to one of our oribital stations.
-3xO transport(Out of orbit transporter) to carry the equipment to build out reaths orbit.
-Our space elevator and its stations to easely transport goods to build your space elevator
(optional)-Defensive systems against terrorist or foreign threats.
(optional)-A loan of maximum $60,000,000,000.00 (60 Billion)
Why your are joining:We have our space elevator build with several orbital stations. But there is not much collaboration with other nations. And we wanna change that by making some
orbital stations and our space elevator public.

Your donations are accepted without hesitation!

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Nation: New Zepuha
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money): We will provide the facilities to construct the nanotubing required for cable, as well as manufacturing shields to protect the cable and elevator from an space debris flying about.
Why your are joining: To further the expanse of human space exploration.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm

New Zepuha wrote:Nation: New Zepuha
What you are providing to the Fund (Does not have to be money): We will provide the facilities to construct the nanotubing required for cable, as well as manufacturing shields to protect the cable and elevator from an space debris flying about.
Why your are joining: To further the expanse of human space exploration.

Accepted!

Falklandia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

International space project Centre.

Postby Falklandia » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 am

To Whom It May Concern,
Falklandia is in The process of designating an uninhabited island in our territory an International Space Projects Zone.
We offer the first 10kmx10km zone to The ISEF.
We ALSO open it up to any other space tecnology company.
Send me a telegram for more information.
Roger Newcastle
Head of Space Development
Falklandia Space Agency
For all your Military needs go to British Imperial Defence Industries
Republican Guard
Republican Engineering Corps
Republican Internal Security Corps
Special Operations Corps
North Atlantic Fleet
Command Fleet
South Atlantic Fleet
Lolloh Defence Fleet
Republican Marines
Home Defence Squadron
Attian Defence Squadron
Élite Defence Squadron(Attached to Presidential Air Wing)
Presidential Air Wing
Transport Wing

Hesse Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse Kassel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Falklandia wrote:To Whom It May Concern,
Falklandia is in The process of designating an uninhabited island in our territory an International Space Projects Zone.
We offer the first 10kmx10km zone to The ISEF.
We ALSO open it up to any other space tecnology company.
Send me a telegram for more information.
Roger Newcastle
Head of Space Development
Falklandia Space Agency

A brilliant plan! We look forward to furthered cooperation!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade