NATION

PASSWORD

The World Cup Discussion Thread (OOC, version III)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Saugeais
Minister
 
Posts: 3387
Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Qazox wrote:
Licentiapacisterra wrote:
You do know you could have put that all in one post, rather than triple posting ??


eh... too lazy to do it. :p


Being old doesn't make you exempt from DA RULES, mate.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

User avatar
Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1189
Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Wed May 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Qazox wrote:
Licentiapacisterra wrote:
You do know you could have put that all in one post, rather than triple posting ??


eh... too lazy to do it. :p


Good to know you're looking after yourself, and spamming all over the thread because you can't be arsed following the rules.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

User avatar
Europa Brittania
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Europa Brittania » Wed May 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:
Europa Brittania wrote:to show these whippersnappers how the game's really played.


It turns out we did actually play each other all the way back in World Cup 3.

Europa Brittania 1 - 0 Alasdair I Frosticus

Fancy that.


Wight wrote: What, with dice and pencils you mean? Grandad you're so funny! (Apologies if it's Grandma, at your age it's difficult to tell...)


Now, let's be fair....

I'm the last person to have actually used dice to scorinate a WC; Europa Brittania had nothing to do with it.

Now get off my lawn.


Those were the days. World Cup Three was the third-best world cup ever (After World Cup 9 and 11 ... For no particular reason at all.)


Gaveo wrote:So all the legends are coming back to the WC. Awesome.

One question though, is Europa Brittania in the rankings? And if they aren't could they be in the BoF?


I don't think EB ever took part in a BoF tournament ... But that'll mostly be because it was in its infancy when EB was tearing up the pitch with woollen socks and pig's bladder balls.

I don't even remember the last World Cup EB participated in. I'm fairly sure we participated in the first seventeen ... After that, it gets a bit fuzzy. It all gets a bit fuzzy.
Last edited by Europa Brittania on Wed May 29, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Audioslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 2474
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Audioslavia » Wed May 29, 2013 3:53 pm

The trusty-yet-currently-locked NSwiki has you participating in World Cup 17 but not WC18. I didn't check any after that.

The wiki also tells me that we've played each other at least twice. A 1-1 draw in the first round of WC4 and a 0-1 defeat for us in the second round of World Cup 11 which means, after giving you a warm welcome back to the fold, I must swear vengeance in the name of our ancient ancestors.

User avatar
Gaveo
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32070
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Wed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Europa Brittania wrote:
Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:
It turns out we did actually play each other all the way back in World Cup 3.

Europa Brittania 1 - 0 Alasdair I Frosticus

Fancy that.




Now, let's be fair....

I'm the last person to have actually used dice to scorinate a WC; Europa Brittania had nothing to do with it.

Now get off my lawn.


Those were the days. World Cup Three was the third-best world cup ever (After World Cup 9 and 11 ... For no particular reason at all.)


Gaveo wrote:So all the legends are coming back to the WC. Awesome.

One question though, is Europa Brittania in the rankings? And if they aren't could they be in the BoF?


I don't think EB ever took part in a BoF tournament ... But that'll mostly be because it was in its infancy when EB was tearing up the pitch with woollen socks and pig's bladder balls.

I don't even remember the last World Cup EB participated in. I'm fairly sure we participated in the first seventeen ... After that, it gets a bit fuzzy. It all gets a bit fuzzy.

:lol:

I'm sure you'll do great in the BoF (if you decide to enter) and the WC in whole.
Bruh.

User avatar
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1822
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Wed May 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Wow! These guys were legends when I first started way back in WC25. Nice to know that LE, Arch and Audio will finally get some company in that small brick building with the pasty, baby-shit green walls and fake flowers on the dining room tables. may have to hire some new nurses to help with the bedpans...

seriously though, welcome back to all of you.
Last edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

User avatar
Neo Lemmitania
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 64
Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Lemmitania » Thu May 30, 2013 4:06 am

Filopines wrote:All these centenarians are scaring me. :?


Make that bicentenarians. Heck, I think it's been over 200 years since Lemmitania even participated in a WC. Glad to see a few other 'old-timers' have chosen this moment to return as well! And I look forward to RPing with the new blood. Perusing the threads, it looks to me as if maybe the overall level of play has risen over the years. We shall all be challenged to keep up. Especially with our arthritis and failing memories. ;)

User avatar
Farfadillis
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1770
Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Thu May 30, 2013 5:27 am

Neo Lemmitania wrote:
Filopines wrote:All these centenarians are scaring me. :?


Make that bicentenarians. Heck, I think it's been over 200 years since Lemmitania even participated in a WC. Glad to see a few other 'old-timers' have chosen this moment to return as well! And I look forward to RPing with the new blood. Perusing the threads, it looks to me as if maybe the overall level of play has risen over the years. We shall all be challenged to keep up. Especially with our arthritis and failing memories. ;)


New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 29,814,000 ± 21,186,000
Capital: Ferdullaele Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves (Yes, really)
ffffofficial.com.fa Ӿ FFL Results by Season Ӿ How to get any WA Category Ӿ IIwiki Article

Champions: AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: AOCAF Cup 38, Baptisms of Fire 54 and 68
For: Good things Ӿ Against: Bad things

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23298
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 am

Moving on slightly....

Could the likely hosts of the next World Cup take a moment to clarify the likely status of the Holy Empire [AIF] should sign-ups end in the next couple of days.

I note two points from the bid thread:

(Should it become clear that more than 180 nations will seek entry, we have prepared additional extreme solutions that incorporate single-round-robin schedules with balanced home-vs-away pairings. For example, 15 groups of 15 would accommodate 227 teams playing 14 matches across 15 matchdays with no playoffs. We are committed to a policy of inclusion in all circumstances.)


In the event that the hosts must trim the field to make a workable format, after first seeking volunteers then puppets will be trimmed first in strict reverse order of entry (last in, first out).



I'm slightly slightly concerned that the Holy Empire might be subject to trimming; and given the effort I put in to RPing with both nations (something which, let's be honest, can't be said for all puppets), I'd prefer not to have to choose which one to enter. The last time that happened was, I think, WC26.

On the other hand, the likely hosts' criteria on trimming are clear if trimming becomes necessary, so this isn't a complaint; it's a request for clarification over whether they think trimming will become necessary or not.

User avatar
Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1188
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 am

Farfadillis wrote:
Neo Lemmitania wrote:
Make that bicentenarians. Heck, I think it's been over 200 years since Lemmitania even participated in a WC. Glad to see a few other 'old-timers' have chosen this moment to return as well! And I look forward to RPing with the new blood. Perusing the threads, it looks to me as if maybe the overall level of play has risen over the years. We shall all be challenged to keep up. Especially with our arthritis and failing memories. ;)


New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O



<Turns on hearing aid>

<Waves stick around in the air>

Listen, sonny, anyone who didn't participate in World Cups 1-4 is one of those new-fangled noob-things you youngsters are always going on about.

Why, you'll not credit this, and I'm not being funny by pointing it out, but back in World Cup 2, I remember Tanah Burung and Al Quds telling me that...

<Falls asleep; snores>
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

User avatar
Audioslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 2474
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby Audioslavia » Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 am

Verily, the comparatively unversed shall vacate one's anterior courtyard.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gaveo
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32070
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 am

Farfadillis wrote:
Neo Lemmitania wrote:
Make that bicentenarians. Heck, I think it's been over 200 years since Lemmitania even participated in a WC. Glad to see a few other 'old-timers' have chosen this moment to return as well! And I look forward to RPing with the new blood. Perusing the threads, it looks to me as if maybe the overall level of play has risen over the years. We shall all be challenged to keep up. Especially with our arthritis and failing memories. ;)


New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O

I don't want to know what am I. :?
Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:
Farfadillis wrote:
New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O



<Turns on hearing aid>

<Waves stick around in the air>

Listen, sonny, anyone who didn't participate in World Cups 1-4 is one of those new-fangled noob-things you youngsters are always going on about.

Why, you'll not credit this, and I'm not being funny by pointing it out, but back in World Cup 2, I remember Tanah Burung and Al Quds telling me that...

<Falls asleep; snores>

Oddly enough the name Al Quds always interested me... Mr. Frosticus, what was Quds like?
Bruh.

User avatar
Eastfield Lodge
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9588
Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 am

Farfadillis wrote:
Neo Lemmitania wrote:
Make that bicentenarians. Heck, I think it's been over 200 years since Lemmitania even participated in a WC. Glad to see a few other 'old-timers' have chosen this moment to return as well! And I look forward to RPing with the new blood. Perusing the threads, it looks to me as if maybe the overall level of play has risen over the years. We shall all be challenged to keep up. Especially with our arthritis and failing memories. ;)


New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O

Cass only predates me by a few cycles, so I must be borderline old blood...

Actually, don't put me in that category, I'm too young to be old.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

User avatar
Europa Brittania
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Europa Brittania » Thu May 30, 2013 8:10 am

I can only speak for my perspective, but the "banter" that World Cup players indulge in nowadays wasn't as devleoped way-back-when. I distinctly recall the first few World Cups were quite isolationist; not a huge amount of interaction between players outside their results and roleplaying their affects.

Things become much more fun thereafter.

Since I've no experience with BoF, anyone care to give me a quick refresher on it?

User avatar
Eastfield Lodge
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9588
Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 am

Europa Brittania wrote:I can only speak for my perspective, but the "banter" that World Cup players indulge in nowadays wasn't as devleoped way-back-when. I distinctly recall the first few World Cups were quite isolationist; not a huge amount of interaction between players outside their results and roleplaying their affects.

Things become much more fun thereafter.

Since I've no experience with BoF, anyone care to give me a quick refresher on it?

Basically, a tournament just for those who are new to the setup, so provides those teams with ranking points and RP experience before qualifying. No team has KPB points going into it, so it's entirely determined by RP and randomness.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

User avatar
United Gordonopia
Senator
 
Posts: 4029
Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 am

Europa Brittania wrote:I can only speak for my perspective, but the "banter" that World Cup players indulge in nowadays wasn't as devleoped way-back-when. I distinctly recall the first few World Cups were quite isolationist; not a huge amount of interaction between players outside their results and roleplaying their affects.

Things become much more fun thereafter.

Since I've no experience with BoF, anyone care to give me a quick refresher on it?

Basically what EL said above. The requirements for entry are that you can't have entered a WCC sanctioned BoF before (the first BoF wasn't an official tournament, so as long as you haven't participated in one, even if you're a returning elder, you can join to get a small rankings boost before qualifying), you have to have zero KPB at the start of the cycle, and when you signup for the world cup, you must indicate directly that you're also signing up for the BoF (we won't just assume).
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr


Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

User avatar
Valanora
Senator
 
Posts: 3577
Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valanora » Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 am

The Archregimancy wrote:Moving on slightly....

Could the likely hosts of the next World Cup take a moment to clarify the likely status of the Holy Empire [AIF] should sign-ups end in the next couple of days.

I note two points from the bid thread:

(Should it become clear that more than 180 nations will seek entry, we have prepared additional extreme solutions that incorporate single-round-robin schedules with balanced home-vs-away pairings. For example, 15 groups of 15 would accommodate 227 teams playing 14 matches across 15 matchdays with no playoffs. We are committed to a policy of inclusion in all circumstances.)


In the event that the hosts must trim the field to make a workable format, after first seeking volunteers then puppets will be trimmed first in strict reverse order of entry (last in, first out).



I'm slightly slightly concerned that the Holy Empire might be subject to trimming; and given the effort I put in to RPing with both nations (something which, let's be honest, can't be said for all puppets), I'd prefer not to have to choose which one to enter. The last time that happened was, I think, WC26.

On the other hand, the likely hosts' criteria on trimming are clear if trimming becomes necessary, so this isn't a complaint; it's a request for clarification over whether they think trimming will become necessary or not.

Regarding this, as there is of right now 198/9 (one entry looks disputed from what I can tell) nations currently signed up and no CTEs, we're looking at 202 as the max number of entrants to be our number, though 182 is still our more desirable one. Anymore and it's a long ways off to a workable number, as even 202 has us debating the right format to use. Given that, if it comes to curtailing, we'll look at those puppets and nations last signed up first, with priority of being retained to obviously long standing members and puppets, after asking for a volunteering of withdrawls. It's not something we really want to do, but the sheer size, which will be a record, of this WC is like to force our hand.
Last edited by Valanora on Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67 (3rd), WC 49, 58 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, & 53 Champions, AOCAF 39 & 43 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.
AO4Life ~ AO is The Place

User avatar
Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21296
Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 am

Gaveo wrote:
Farfadillis wrote:
New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O

I don't want to know what am I. :?


A young whippersnapper. Now I ain't as Old as Old man Frosticus over there; but back in my day, newcomers were expected to lose 5-0 or worse every game for their first 5 world cups, and only after they passed the secret initiation test were they even allowed to score a goal against a team that competed in the first 10 WCs. Now we get teams fresh outta the BoF qualifying, kids these days. :p
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

User avatar
New Montreal States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 624
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 am

Qazox wrote:Now I ain't as Old as Old man Frosticus over there; but back in my day, newcomers were expected to lose 5-0 or worse every game for their first 5 world cups, and only after they passed the secret initiation test were they even allowed to score a goal against a team that competed in the first 10 WCs. Now we get teams fresh outta the BoF qualifying, kids these days. :p


I remember back in World Cup 10 they had the RP bonus work backwards for the first half of qualifiers, just so that Cockbill Street and I would lose every match, and the only thing the two of us were allowed to say the whole time was "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

Now they'd probably hand me a bag full of Baptism of Fire KPB points and some candy. Feh. It's making us all soft.
Last edited by New Montreal States on Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

User avatar
Astograth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1366
Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Astograth » Thu May 30, 2013 12:34 pm

I'll just take this opportunity to put together the WC history series I've co-authored in the past, for ease of future reference. Credit shared with Kagdazka & Pazhujebu (now known as The Pazhujeb Islands) and Polar Islandstates/Ossidiacqua.

World Cups 1 to 10
World Cups 11 to 18
World Cups 19 to 30: The Rise of Atlantian Oceania
World Cups 31 to 39
World Cups 40 to 47: A Duel of Two
World Cups 48 to 51
World Cups 52 to 54: New Challengers Rise
World Cup 55
World Cup 56
World Cup 57
World Cup 58
World Cup 59
World Cup 60
Champions of the 50th Cup of Harmony & the 12th Copa Rushmori
Hosted: Cup of Harmony 48 · World Cup 62 · Baptisms of Fire 45 & 53 · Copa Rushmori VIII
The Ides of March Cup · A History of the World Cup · IIWiki Article(s) · RL States World Cup

User avatar
Free South Califas
Senator
 
Posts: 4213
Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Wow, so I'm finally back from my hellish cross-town move (which continues) and online again! I've missed the IBC, one UICA cycle (oops, sorry Commune-PDT.v2) and the WBC group stage, but in my down time, I've done a lot of work on my fiction writing. I'm currently writing a story which explains my absence from UICA, which will be posted for the WBC playoffs and then (most likely immediately, I'd imagine) moved over to the next WCQ.

I'll be pretty busy, but if I get the chance, I'll try to pull up the applications to the manager position from the past and potentially give them another try at the Califan reins.

Wight wrote:I suggest with NS Wiki locked, a google doc would be the best place to keep it.

Frankly, one should keep one's NS information in a google or local document anyway. The level of anxiety Taeshan is now feeling, can be avoided next time. If you rely on NSWiki, download the code from your current pages and add to that locally, then paste it over the articles when you can edit it again. This has the bonus of, if necessary, helping the community migrate to another site, perhaps its own, without having to adapt its content. (Just advice in humble solidarity - somebody else might have a better way than I, but I felt I should share.)

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:"It means I can, at least for a while, stop the two regions' actual space-time coordinates from matching even though they're sharing that ordinary three-dimensional sphere, so it'll seem to most of the residents as if nothing's wrong and the ordinary flexible mobial spatial relationship between the two's been maintained; only the higher technology or supernatural nations will likely notice anything's happened - though it might be possible for individuals or objects to accidentally shift immediately from one region to another if they hit the right vibrational modulation..."

Would that work for people? That offers mechanisms both for people cheerfully ignoring me and for people to engage if they want to - though there's scope for plenty of fine-tuning.


I like that a lot! This story could also help me out with my corner I wrote myself into concerning my last RP line - Syndicatian Intelligence rescued an ancient artefact that can control the weather, but they still haven't got it to work... Maybe the physiotherapist could come and have a poke around with his sonic stethascope?

Image
Isn't that what a quantum spanner's for?


(gotta catch up more, but don't wanna lose this page if firefox crashes...and I never remember to check drafts)
Last edited by Free South Califas on Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
.
.
.
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

.
COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

User avatar
Taeshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4530
Founded: Aug 11, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Taeshan » Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Most of us have migrated before to wikistates and then came back later to nswiki when its problem was fixed, ie bigger server and all.

Now its not necessarily a problem its just i like having detailed places where i can look at stuff and have all my history in order, and in an easily readable place.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Cup of Harmony 35, World Lacrosse Championship 2, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14

User avatar
Cassadaigua
Senator
 
Posts: 3590
Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu May 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Farfadillis wrote:New blood? I thought the likes of ASMV, ESF, Star, Krytie, Cass, etc. were old blood. Then what the heck am I? :O


Very flattering!
But I don't belong in the same sentence as them when it comes to experience! :p I began in WC 43.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)


Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, & 19; WB 8 & 22; WCOH 11; IBC 13.
Also: CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, WVE (Vball) 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13 & 15, DBC 21
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77).
Games of the XIII Summer Olympiad: Second Most Medals
Hosted: World Cup 54 & 67; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 43 & 45, Conferences within NSCAA 4, 5 & NSCH 1; WLC 7 & 30.

User avatar
Felix
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1125
Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Qazox wrote:
Gaveo wrote:I don't want to know what am I. :?


A young whippersnapper. Now I ain't as Old as Old man Frosticus over there; but back in my day, newcomers were expected to lose 5-0 or worse every game for their first 5 world cups, and only after they passed the secret initiation test were they even allowed to score a goal against a team that competed in the first 10 WCs. Now we get teams fresh outta the BoF qualifying, kids these days. :p

Do you want me to get off your lawn now? :p

User avatar
Valanora
Senator
 
Posts: 3577
Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valanora » Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 pm

A lost elf somewhere stuck between the founders and newblood whimpers merrily about the benefits of immortality and wisdom but the failing form of luck!
Last edited by Valanora on Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67 (3rd), WC 49, 58 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, & 53 Champions, AOCAF 39 & 43 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.
AO4Life ~ AO is The Place

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Araucal, Banija, Ioudaia, MSN [Bot], Pauh Janggi, Union of Quincy, Volinovia

Advertisement

Remove ads