NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Liberate Land of the Liberals

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal Liberate Land of the Liberals

Postby Solorni » Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 am

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #15: Liberate Land of the Liberals shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Recognizing that Liberate the Land of the Liberals sought to prevent New Earth from oppressing said region,

Observing that since the passing Security Council Resolution number fifteen, the Land of the Liberals is no longer in the control of either New Earth or the original members and has been re-founded as the property of the Alliance of Dictators,

Disappointed that the Alliance of Dictators openly taunt the Security Council by claiming to have finally defeated Liberate the Land of the Liberals,

Concluding that Security Council Resolution number fifteen no longer serves a purpose beyond being used for propaganda by the Alliance of Dictators,

Hereby Repeals "Liberate Land of the Liberals"

This is my first attempt at any sort of legislation work in the world assembly. What do my honoured fellow members think? :)
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 am

I would change all references of "resolution number 15" to SC#15 as a personal preference. Other than that, it looks good to me.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed May 29, 2013 4:14 pm

I support this. Nothing wrong with some WA house cleaning.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 pm

If only I didn't let get bored and moved my puppet, they couldn't of refounded it. :(

Though if it was the other way round i prob would of refounded it for the lulz too
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

The Shadow Brotherhood
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shadow Brotherhood » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Solorni wrote:
Description: WA Security Council Resolution #15: Liberate Land of the Liberals shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Recognizing that Liberate the Land of the Liberals sought to prevent New Earth from oppressing said region,

Observing that since the passing Security Council Resolution number fifteen, the Land of the Liberals is no longer in the control of either New Earth or the original members and has been re-founded as the property of the Alliance of Dictators,

Disappointed that the Alliance of Dictators openly taunt the Security Council by claiming to have finally defeated Liberate the Land of the Liberals,

Concluding that Security Council Resolution number fifteen no longer serves a purpose beyond being used for propaganda by the Alliance of Dictators,

Hereby Repeals "Liberate Land of the Liberals"

This is my first attempt at any sort of legislation work in the world assembly. What do my honoured fellow members think? :)

Very practical. If it goes to vote, I will certainly vote for it.
Political Compass:
Left/Right: 2.5
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.5
Nationality: American
Political Party: Republican
Paleo-Conservative

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Did you write this with crayons in between your toes while intoxicated, Rach?

If so, that'd be incredibly impressive, because this is well-written. I'll support it.
Retired

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Haha, no. I did try to make sure I wrote it to the best of my ability.

I've submitted this and am now campaigning :)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Solorni wrote:Haha, no. I did try to make sure I wrote it to the best of my ability.

Make sure you change [DRAFT] to [SUBMITTED]. :)
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Feux wrote:
Solorni wrote:Haha, no. I did try to make sure I wrote it to the best of my ability.

Make sure you change [DRAFT] to [SUBMITTED]. :)

Psh, pretty sure I did.... thanks ;) :blush:
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The divided
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The divided » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Against.

For the life of me I don't understand why the SC is so quick to run from any issue where it encounters trouble. The proposal speaks of the Alliance of Dictators taunting the SC by saying that it has defeated the resolution, what makes you think they will stop the taunting with a repeal of it?

Also, the liberate resolution ensures that the AOD will always have to keep watch over the region, thereby protecting other regions that may have otherwise become a target of the AOD.

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 am

The divided wrote:Against.

For the life of me I don't understand why the SC is so quick to run from any issue where it encounters trouble.

Wrong.
The proposal speaks of the Alliance of Dictators taunting the SC by saying that it has defeated the resolution, what makes you think they will stop the taunting with a repeal of it?

Nothing. This is a repeal because the resolution is useless either way.

Also, the liberate resolution ensures that the AOD will always have to keep watch over the region, thereby protecting other regions that may have otherwise become a target of the AOD.

So the resolution is preventing AOD from advancing elsewhere? That doesn't seem realistic.
Always Changing Shapes

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 am

The resolution that is being repealed only effect is that a password cannot be put on the region. This does quite frankly is redundant and being repealed only means that this bill which was created for a founderless is no longer in effect.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Astracarn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Now at vote.

Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Astracarn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Also, voted for.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:34 am

* Piles.

:p
Always Changing Shapes

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:44 am

Feux wrote:* Piles.

:p

Hehe, the more the merrier :)

Thanks Feux!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 am

I have voted IN FAVOR of this resolution.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Spuddsvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Spuddsvania » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 am

Once there is no longer a point a resolution, it should be removed. Spuddsvania votes in favor!
"Only a Sith speaks in absolutes" --Obi Wan Kenobi
Note: This is also an absolute

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:19 am

SkyDip wrote:I have voted IN FAVOR of this resolution.

Thanks hon. You spelt favour wrong though :P

@Spuddsvania: Thank you very much :)
Last edited by Solorni on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Maybe we can keep this thread <3 pages for the entirety of voting! :p

TitanShadow12
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby TitanShadow12 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:18 am

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'll twist this round, saying: "If it ain't broke no more, no need to keep fixing it..." If that makes any sense whatsoever.

My mind is weird. Anyway, FOR.

Feux
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:04 pm

This may be the least opposition to a house cleaning proposal I have never seen. :P
Always Changing Shapes

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm not certain if I'd call this house cleaningg as much as I'd call it invader enabling.

This just makes it easier for the invaders that refounded this region as a prize to password protect it, so they have even less to do to maintain it as a snub against the victim nations that once lived there.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 pm

The Bruce wrote:I'm not certain if I'd call this house cleaningg as much as I'd call it invader enabling.

That's what we call being dramatic.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives