NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 26 - Contest Thread|Shatilaurchev

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Sun May 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Kela: I can't believe they forgot to give us the correct bloody time! I swear, if we don't make it there by the—oh wait, are we live now?
Averi: Hello there everyone watching! We're live!....sort of.
Kela: *Rolls eyes* Yes. It seems we somehow received the wrong times for our flight. Soooo instead of being live in Kishrael, we're still in Vampirum.
Averi: Not to mention the ridiculous time difference. So I had to literally pull myself out my coffin at 10am. 10AM?! We're VAMPIRES for blood sakes, it's sunny out right now and no one, I mean no one is out here. I envy all of you at home watching from the comfort of your darkness.
Kela: That means it'll be a while before we're live at WorldVision itself. So excuse our crappy car camera at the moment. BUT we do have a telly inside this very nice hovercar so we'll still able to give you our very juicy thoughts on the contestants.
Averi: Yep! If you don't know who we are, which you should. I'm the red eyed beauty known as Averi, and at my side is the ever devious and extreme lover of human boys; Kela.
Kela: Indeed. I do love those human boys. So full of life and blood. Sweet sweet blood.
Averi: Errr think we can get back to the millions of people watching us live?
Kela: Huh? Right. Also, we're coming at you live by the second courtesy of both Facebat and Bitter. Don't forget! Make sure to send us your thoughts and excitement about the show. You can do so by going on Bitter and hashtagging #WorldVision or #WV26. If you're lucky you might see your message on the side of our screen. Now on to the show...that we're watching on a small 16 inch screen of our car.

OPENING ACT:
Kela: Hmm....
Averi: Hmm? What does that mean?
Kela: Well, I didn't really like that opening.
Averi: What? Really? Why not? I thought it was pretty good myself. Not really a Vampirum tune...per say, but that's the point of WorldVision. To listen and learn about other cultures and walks of life.
Kela: And blah blah blah. Look, yeah, I'm going to be a bit biased about the opening act. I was kind of hoping we'd be able to host WV this edition.
Averi: *Laughs* Are you serious? You're really sore over that? Well I think it was a wonderful song and I think you need to pull your fangs out your butt and at least enjoy this television screen until we reach the airport.
Kela: Still. Don't blame me if I accidentally slip and eat a human.
Averi: Since it's obvious you aren't going to judge this song correctly it seems I'll have to. Like I said, I thought the song was great, it was a extra bonus seeing Anna Petravona again who, of course, was the winner in the last edition. Vampirum didn't do too bad either. 3rd was pretty high considering the 13th place we got during our début at WorldVision 24. But the real question is: Do you think we'll have what it takes to win this time around?
Kela: Well it's a known fact that vampires have never won WorldVision. Always going to the humans...makes you wonder if they're prejudice....
Averi: Or you know what! I just thought of something! It could be...that you're just a paranoid 185 year old lady who needs to shut up so we can watch the first contestant.
Kela: And who might that be? The Republic of WeHateVampires?
Averi: No. It's Communist Quinntopia.
Kela: *Sits up* Oh! I like them. Really adored their entry in WV25.

Communist Quinntopia performs
Averi: I really liked that. An amazing start, if you ask me.
Kela: Sounds like something I'd listen to in my coffin. And, as you know, I save only the best songs for my coffin. I'm pretty sure they'll do well though. Quinntopia never seems to disappoint.
Averi: It had such a cool and smooth melody. It wasn't boring nor all in your face either. Such a good song...there was a simplicity about it
that was beautiful in it's own way. The singing was on point too.
Kela: To vote for this song, unless you're deaf. Remember to dial 01 on your holophone. Or go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Quinntopia01.
Averi: How about you tell us who's next.
Kela: *Sighs* Fine whatever. Looks like we have Luziyca up next.

Luziyca performs
Kela: *Laughs hysterically*
Averi: What's going on with you?
Kela: *Still laughing* I thought that song was bad ass. At first I wasn't sure if I was still watching WorldVision or one of those weird infomercials about ass cream.
Averi: You don't actually think that was a good entry, do you?
Kela: Aww come on Avey, don't be a bloody prude! That song was awesome. Kiss my ass? That's brilliant! I don't know which part I liked better. The ass or the erection. I'm more of a bisexual person myself so I'll go with both.
Averi: Ladies and gentlemen, because of her extreme lack of music sense, I present to you the reason our society is going to hell. *Points to Kela*
Kela: Might I ask, will there be any ass kissing or erections in this hell?
Averi: *Shakes head* If you want to vote for the perverts—
Kela: She means these wonderful masters of music, please dial 02 on your holophone. Or go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Luziyca02. Next up we have Polkopia who I doubt will be as good as Luziyca.

Polkopia performs
Averi: I liked it. Very much.
Kela: Meh it was alright. Not as good as Luziyca's entry, but we all can't be music geniuses, you know?
Averi: No I'm afraid I don't know. Those of us who don't have brain damage actually saw that entry for what it was.
Kela: *Sarcastically* Ah, you mean the other prudes who need to get the sticks out the crevices of their buttocks my dear lady?
Averi: Kela I'm not going to argue with you over a ridiculous entry of all things. Anyway, I thought this was a very great song. But, like with Quinntopia, I never expect anything less from them. They always send strong entries and I know this will place pretty good. Will it win? We'll see, but I do appreciate the new style they tried to bring into the show. It had a jazzy upbeat feel to it that you don't see often.
Kela: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Averi: O.O Did...did you just fall asleep?
Kela: Zzzzzzzzzzz
Averi: *Shakes head* If you want to vote for Polkopia dial 03 on your holophone. Or go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Polkopia03. Next up we have the hosts themselves, Kishrael.

Kishrael performs
Averi: It was good but not my favourite at the moment. Still a great song though.
Kela: Zzzzzzzzzz
Averi: And...she's still sleep. Well what else to say? The singer had very great vocals too. High notes were hit right on the nail and I couldn't find anything wrong with the melody. I'm sure some Vampirians will give this amazing entry a few votes. For Kishrael dial 04 on your holophone. Or go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Kishrael04.
Kela: Zzzzzzzzz
Averi: Up next is Jarfriour.

Jarfriour performs
Reserved commentary
For Jarfriour dial 05 on your holophone. Or you can go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Jarfriour05. Now we have Alexandr Land.

Alexandr Land performs
Kela: A débutée. Lack of a melody will hurt them, I reckon.
Averi: What's this?! She's alive! And here I thought you were dead.
Kela: *Rolls eyes* I am dead. So are you, the driver, and pretty much everyone watching this. Did you forget the fact that we're vampires?
Averi: Well I thought you were un-undead then.
Kela: So you're not only a prude but you are rubbish at joking too. Single men watching out there, she's single. And you don't even have to wonder why.
Averi: *Sighs* The song Kela, what did you think about the song?
Kela: I told you already. They lacked a melody, one of the most important things in my opinion. Unless you're the biggest lyricist ever seen it's going to put you at a disadvantage. I did like the lyrics though. It had a certain gloomy feeling that you just have to appreciate. But then again I am a schadenfreude along with being a bisexual. Just add it to my list of many...err...talents.
Averi: This commentary was so much easier when your mouth was incapable of moving. If you're a fan of this song you can vote for Alexandr Land by dialing 06 on your holophone. Or you can go to WorldVision's official page on either Facebat or Bitter and vote Alexandr Land06.
Kela: Well folks we're going on a little break. We've finally reached the airport, so hopefully the next time you see us we'll actually be live at WorldVision. Remember to stay tuned for more commentary and for Vampirum's performance!
Last edited by Vampirum on Mon May 27, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 15 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Nouvelle Valcluse
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvelle Valcluse » Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 pm

18. Valcluse
Nadine Bjornsson: Power

It must be said that Valcluse's return to the competition was a little chaotic. Despite doing poorly at nearly every single appearance, Valcluse lapped up the WSC with a sort of acceptance that perhaps their favourite country would win. The fight between fans and TVG became ugly enough that the broadcaster relented and said, begrudgingly "we're back". Then came the calamity of finding a song to send. One week, it was this song. Another week, it was another. Where does Nadine Bjornsson fit into all of this? The daughter of a Valcusais mother and a Swedish father, Nadine is almost an icon of the gay scene in Valcluse. A popular gay rights campaigner and one of the most pivotal and emotional voices behind the marriage equality campaigns between 2007 and 2010, Bjornsson was probably the last act the stoic symbol of the straight and true past that was embodied in TVG would choose to represent Valcluse again on the international stage.

Nevertheless, here she was. The last minute decision performance, bundled up onto a very bourgeoisie long-haul flight to Kishrael where she found herself, and around half a dozen hand-picked dancers on a blacked out stage. She was no stranger to stage performances yet this one was different. She felt more anxious about this performance than any others, and that included stage performances to sixty thousand people. She waited, dressed in a short pick dress covered in silver, pink and gold sequins and glitter with matching heels. Her dancers, all women, wore black vests and pink silk pants and black shoes in a feminine touch to hip-hop attire. Microphone in hand, she heard the music begin to play. The screen behind her flashed white and cast a silhouette over her dances, who began their hip-hop style routine. The screen flashed with pink multidimensional shapes. The lights then shone on her and she raised the microphone and began to sing:

There's nothing left and I'm all alone.
Walking these streets to an empty home.
I feel like I'm falling.

I need to get out,
I need to move on.
Shake off these tears,
And get things done.
It's coming...
It's coming...

As the chorus began, the screen changed into a black one with radio beats moving up and down either side of a pink square where white words from the chorus flashed up so that the audience could sing along. Bjornsson and her dances stepped down to the lower part of the stage. The lights flash blue, gold, white and pink.

I was lost and alone
Now I'm out and I'm proud, yeah ooh
I was lost and alone
I'm running as I hit the ground, yeah ooh
Through the power of believing.
Through the power of love.
I was lost and alone
Now I'm out and I'm proud, yeah oohI was lost and alone

The lights remained on for the chorus, but the dancers moved off to the side.

The world around me is changing so fast,
And a lot of people are still caught in the past.
But now, that's changing....

I was lost and alone
I was lost and alone
I was lost and alone

The screen now reverted back to its white colour. Bjornsson returned to the upper stage alone. The lyrics then flashed above her in large pink capital letters. As the final chorus began, the white background shattered like glass to reveal a pair of golden wings which flapped up and down. She then walked down to her dances and joined in the final part of their routine.

The power of love oh oh
The power of love oh oh
The power of love oh woah

I was lost and alone
I was lost and alone
I was lost and alone

After the performance, she thanks the crowd in French, English and Hebrew and walks off stage.

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 am

19. NEW WARWICK
ARTIST: Glass Grenades
SONG: At the Partyhouse

OOC: Please let me know if the link doesn't work for you. I'm pretty certain I allowed it to be viewed everywhere when I uploaded the video, but since this is an original song I will gladly send you an mp3 if the link doesn't work for you.

Glass Grenades is unknown by almost everyone - the only people who have heard of him are the people who have seen him perform live. A representative of NWTV was at one of his shows. That representative showed him to the higher-ups and Glass Grenades was internally selected to represent New Warwick in the 26th WorldVision. The act was presented in a very minimalist fashion: Glass Grenades simply stood on stage and played the acoustic guitar as he sang.

At night, at the partyhouse
I saw you were watching them
When we lit our cigarettes
I saw how you burned your hand

At night, at the partyhouse
I saw you were watching me
When we passed around the joint
I saw how you licked your lips

Don't forget what you came for
When you're desperate for a touch
Remember me

When we're at the partyhouse
It's cool, we don't have to think
We'll play Edward Fortyhands
It's cool if you spill a bit

When we're at the partyhouse
It's cool, no one has to know
We'll kiss in the alleyway
It's cool if you bite a bit

Don't forget what you stand for
Remember me

At dawn, at the partyhouse
Don't fall, come on, catch your breath
The floor's sticky with old beer
Don't fall out of love with him

At dawn, at the partyhouse
Don't fall, that concrete will hurt
The floor's empty, it's so late
Don't fall back in love with me

Don't forget what you stand for
Remember me

When we quit the partyhouse
"Sometimes," that was all we said
We don't even like those kids
Sometimes I'll still miss the drinks

When we quit the partyhouse
"Sometimes," we said every time
We don't even know those kids
Sometimes I'll still miss my friends

No one cares what you stand for
Forget me

Thank you.

Edward Fortyhands is a drinking game. I wouldn't say it's popular here, but I'd guess it's more popular in the states than in the rest of the word. You tape a 40 ounce bottle (according to Wikipedia, that's 1.14 liters) of malt liquor to each of your hands, and you're not allowed to remove them until you finish both of them. It's named after the movie Edward Scissorhands, and it's a lot of fun...once. Or, if you're a partyboy like me, it's fun a lot.
Last edited by New Warwick on Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Syrche » Mon May 27, 2013 1:03 am

20. Syrche
Minor Attraction - K-City-X

Tune

D'VA
Lilithe
Lilithe and Saga
Saga

A large black curtain hung from above, keeping the back of the stage out of view, and leaving the audience to wait in anticipation for the next act, which would soon be revealed.

As the first established group to represent Syrche at WorldVision, K-City-X had a lot to live up to. More importantly than that, WorldVision 26 was seen by most of the public as a rally cry for a badly needed comeback, after a poor showing in WorldVision 25. D'VA, The leader of the group, and most visibly confident, sauntered onto the stage. She was followed by the ever solemn Saga, and Lilithe, the sweetheart that made everyone fall in love with her pleasant smile, and wonderful personality.

The group came to stand in formation; D'VA in front, with Saga to the left and behind her by three feet. Lilithe was in the same position, but on the right side. A nod from D'VA signaled the crew that the group was ready, and the backing track began, and as the first words of the song were sung, the curtain began to rise, revealing the three girls, who began to move out onto the stage.

(Too late to save me)
oh oh; oh oh
(Too late to save me)
oh oh; oh oh
(ooh)
oh oh; oh oh
(ooh)
oooh oh oh wa ooh

The crowd roared as D'VA dug into the first verse, taking center stage, as the other two ventured toward their respective ends of the stage.

Stand there screamin' baby won't you let go
I think it's time we said goodbye,
feel like there aint nothing left that's right and
it's only gonna hurt your pride, pride...

Lilithe now broke into the verse.

i know your whole worlds been replaced
cause i'm not gonna be back
now, we talked about it
but baby can't you see that
i just can't do that
they can't prove it
it ain't nobody
elses business

The group converged at the center of the stage, in the earlier formation.

some will say it's so wrong, (and i feel a minor attraction lately!)
this whole thing been going on for so long (think it's too late to save me baby)
i believe that age is just a number, love is what i feel
two hearts can make it, baby we can save it

go 'head and mind your own if you never had a minor attraction, ladies...

The lights, which had remained unchanged so far, dimmed a bit, revealing an LED backboard which was littered with subtle hues of dark blue and light reds.

It's an obsession, Boy
and it spread just like a cancer

people still harrass you
when they see
(see)
you with me (me)
why can't they just let well enough be, and maybe let us
just live our own lives, baby
our love is on the up and up

must be fate 'cause
once revealed,
i got feelings i never thought i would ever feel

The lights came back up as they had been, obscuring the LEDs and putting all of the focus on the three singers.

some will say it's so wrong, (and i feel a minor attraction lately!)
this whole thing been going on for so long (think it's too late to save me baby)

The lights went down again, and this time a spotlight, filtered white light onto the three at the center of the stage.

believe me this is tough
i don't care what they say
(don't give a fuck)
this or that (that or this)
it's what i'm on(on point, anyway)

so if you still want love, to be with me
like i want you
(like i want you)
then baby i'd say we gotta start
to fight for whats right for me and you
(For us, for us)
so baby tell me this is real love (real love)
baby don't you know that you're the one (baby, you da' one)
lets hope it lands us
with all the blessings of good love

no more goodbye's i'm sayin'

The lights slowly came back up for one last chorus. The girls put all of their remaining energy into the end of the song.

some will say it's so wrong, (that i feel a minor attraction lately!)

hey, hey, hey...
ooh.. oh
hey...

The Lights began to dim again, as the performers smiled and waved at the ecstatic audience, exiting toward the back of the stage, which had become quite dark. They continued to sing as the backing track faded...

(Too late to save me)
(Too late to save me)
(Too late to save me)
(Too late to save me)

The curtain fell again and the performance was over.

New Warwick
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Mon May 27, 2013 2:13 am

Commentators:
Kellen Walsh (TV presenter)
Annika X (Pop star; TV presenter; New Warwick's representative at WorldVision 24)

KELLEN: Gooooooooooood evening everyone! And welcome to the 26th WorldVision Song Contest!
ANNIKA: We're coming to you live from, and I hope I'm pronouncing this right, Shatilaurchalev.
KELLEN: Close. Sha-ti-laur-chev, in the wonderful nation of Kishrael.
ANNIKA: This nation is pretty great apart from one thing: they've got a pretty strict dress code.
KELLEN: Yeah, true, it's rather...in terms of how we dress, you'd say 'conservative,' but-
ANNIKA: Let's just say if I ever did a concert here, I'd have to wear basically a full-length dress.
KELLEN: It's not that bad, is it?
ANNIKA: If I go to like, 'holy' sites or whatever, then yeah.
KELLEN: I doubt you'd be giving a concert in their holiest shrine.
ANNIKA: Well like most Warwickians I was raised atheist, so yeah whatever. ANYWAY, other than the fact that I had to wear clothes that put fabric where it hasn't been since I turned 18 because I guess a woman's thigh causes an uproar -
KELLEN: Get to the point.
ANNIKA: In general, Kishrael is lovely. The weather is great if you hate being vaguely chilly ever. But. The opening act is about to start, because the intro theme has started to play, so we'll let you watch that without our snark.

[OPENING ACT and HOST INTRODUCTION]

KELLEN: Well, you heard them. Let's start the contest.
ANNIKA: They said it in English, like every contest, so why add your two cents?
KELLEN: Shh, here comes the first act!

[COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA perform]

KELLEN: Well, musically, that was genius, but the lyrics seemed a little overdone.
ANNIKA: I hate you, because no. Everything about that was perfect.
KELLEN: Either way, that's been the best first act of a WorldVision in a long, long time.
ANNIKA: And of course we're going to follow that up with some garbage. Luziyca, and I don't care if I'm pronouncing that wrong.

[LUZIYCA performs]

KELLEN: No.
ANNIKA: Also no.
KELLEN: So no?
ANNIKA: Yeah, no.
KELLEN: Please, Polkopia, save us.

[POLKOPIA performs]

ANNIKA: Not bad at all. I could see this doing really well.
KELLEN: It's not that strong, but it's also not bad. Based on past competitions, this could end in the top ten despite its shortcomings.
ANNIKA: Shortcomings? I mean, this is only the third act, and honestly I think it could do very well, and deservedly so.
KELLEN: Keep drinking, Annika. You'll be saying that about every song.
ANNIKA: Shut up. Because, our next entry is from our hosts! I'm sure they sent something good.

[KISHRAEL performs]

KELLEN: Yaaaaaaawn.
ANNIKA: It's about life and death, though!
KELLEN: But like, the song, yawn.
ANNIKA: Well I think it'll do well.
KELLEN: I have no doubt of that. The host nation singing about something pseudophilosophical.
ANNIKA: For a ballad it was pretty good, though.
KELLEN: Who cares.
ANNIKA: I'm sure some people will.
KELLEN: Alright, New Warwick, pick a side and prove one of us right. You know how to vote, right?
ANNIKA: Send an SMS with the draw number to 045001, or...
KELLEN: Call 0450-025-01-01-XX, where XX is the draw number.
ANNIKA: You can also vote with the WorldVision app, or at www.nwtv.co.nw/wv26.
KELLEN: Up next, we have a debut. Please welcome Jarfriour! I think I said that right...

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 am

21. KINGSLEY BEDFORD

MIDNIGHT IN SIRUSHOSTAN
Singer: Anna Jorgensen http://www.images99.com/i99/02/70224/70224.jpg
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsdXPPp8dNk ("Pyromania" by Cascada)
Lyrics in Brackets = Backup singers

Anna is accompanied onstage by 2 female backup singers and 3 male backup dancers. The LED screen shows a city skyline at night whilst the stage is dark but lit up by spotlights at paralell intervals for the start of the song. To give the impression of a city street at night.

Anna and her 2 female backup singers can be seen walking side by side through the spotlights as if they are 3 friends walking in a street on a night out in Kingsley Bedford's capital city. Anna is wearing a black leather jacket, a grey top, and a pair of jeans. Her backup singers are dressed in similar attire.

The music begins...
Backing vocalists: (Midnight.. midnight in Sirushostan) x2

They stop walking and the camera zooms in on Anna who begins to sing the first verse

VERSE 1
Strolling downtown
Down the street
just me and my girls, gonna dance the night away
Adrenaline running high
Ain't got no fatigue
Just wanna have a good time tonight in my city

PRECHORUS:
In the middle of the night the music's pumping
Come along and dance with me
And we ain't gonna stop (Stop stop stop)
Till the break of dawn

For the chorus... Anna and her friends enter a nightclub. the lights now change to a mix of blue, red, yellow, green, and purple lights like those you'd see in a nightclub
The 3 male backup dancers now emerge behind Anna and her friends and begin to dance behind them
As Anna sings, fire pyros go off at regular intervals on the sides of the stage.

CHORUS:
It's midnight in Sirushostan
we'll dance until the break of dawn
midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan
we'll dance until the break of dawn, (aw aw awwn)

Midnight in Sirushostan
We'll dance until the break of dawn
Midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan
We'll dance until the break of dawn (dawn dawn aw aw aw awwn)

BACKING SINGERS:
(Midnight.. midnight in Sirushostan)
(Midnight... midnight in Sirushostan)

Anna dances during the backing singers part, before moving a few steps forward for the second verse. The backup dancers dance behind her in time to the music while the backing singers stand next to Anna and they dance slowly moving their hips from side to side to the music.

VERSE 2
Up in the club
that's where we'll be
Everybody's dancing to that beat
The rhythm drives you insane
We're gonna dance the night away

PRECHORUS:
In the middle of the night the music's pumping
Come along and dance with me
And we ain't gonna stop (stop stop stop)
Until the break of dawn

The Pyros return for the chorus

CHORUS:
It's Midnight in Sirushostan
Midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan

(Turn The Music Up)

Midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan
We'll dance until the break of dawn (dawn dawn aw aw aw awwn
)

Backing Singers:
(Midnight... Midnight in Sirushostan
Midnight... Midnight in Sirushostan)

For the bridge... the LED screen returns to the skyline backdrop and suddenly Anna and her friends have left the club and are back on the streets of Sirushostan, so the lights are in intervals like they were during the first verse... Anna and her friends stand in one of the lights as Anna sings. The backup dancers are standing in the darkened area and cannot be seen. The camera zooms in on Anna

BRIDGE:
Yeah we own the night
we don't stop because it don't feel right
This city it'll drive you wild
We won't stop till the break of dawn

For the final chorus... everyone dances in the middle of the street, the backup dancers come back into view as a large spotlight surrounds them in the middle of the street. Behind Anna and the dancers a curtain of pyro sparks rains down from the roof.

Midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan

(Turn The Music Up)

Midnight in Sirushostan
(uh ah ah ow)
Midnight in Sirushostan
We'll dance until the break of dawn (dawn dawn aw aw aw awwn
)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ANNA: THANK YOU SO MUCH! :bow:
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Mon May 27, 2013 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Rugenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rugenia » Mon May 27, 2013 7:01 am

22. Rugenia

Artists: Dimitry feat. Adrina

Song: "Heartbeat"

Language: English and Rugenian

Melody: [Rap part is DIFFERENT] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR9rtB2ilZU

The 26-years old Adrina Patriu (born in Tay'Son) is one of the most famous female pop singers and models in Rugenia. She already walked 5 times at the "Tay'Son Fashion Week"! Patriu also worked together with Johannes (former WV winner for Rugenia) and had 7 songs in the Top 5 of the "Rugenian Super Charts". She had 3 big tours and about 50 concerts! Adrina asked the famous 30-years old rapper who's living in Slavhavn, Rugenia, Dimitry Kosolovksi for help. He is the most famous rapper in the country. Dimitry is very proud to sing in Kishrael because he is part of the jewish minority in our country. The artists and the song were selected by a professional jury of 6 members. The song "Heartbeat" is about a love story between 2 people in a nightclub. They call each other to dance and to enjoy the night and their life! So don't worry about what other people say, just be yourself.

Adrina is wearing a black-silver corsage with a black slim leather pants and crystal high heels. Dimitry is wearing a black suit. They are so beautiful tonight!

The stage is dark and full of smoke, at the beginning you see nobody on stage. Adrina join the stage, the lights are on her. She seems a little bit nervous, but also very happy!

[Adrina]

Kans ju mi ja herca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
Kans ju mi ja herca lar

Kans ju mi ja herca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
Kans ju mi ja herca lar

Lights are on Dimitry who is on the other site of the stage,
the audience screams.

[Dimitry's rap part]

Can you feel my heartbeat tonight
wanna show you that I feel alright
you're my star in the galaxy
I want you to be mine be young and free
cause you are my star and destiny
my one and only so feel free
oh I feel the heartbeart tonight
let's dance c'mon Adrina

Our party is going high
everyone's feeling alright
you can touch all you want
it's like an explosion in my body
can you feel your hearbeat too?
Adrina I don't hear you!
shake your body and let's sing!
Heartbeat!

Adrina's dancing and plays with the audience,
the audience going high.

[Adrina chorus]

Can you feel my heartbeat
my heartbeat tonight
I really wanna wanna be-e-e with you
so c'mon and let us show
that we are, we are the heroes of the night
let's shake your ass
and have fun with us
don't be the last

Can you feel my he-eartbeat?

Dimitry's flirting with Adrina and is holding her hand. The stage is full of smoke again, there are pyro-fires.

[Dimitry's rap part]

Let's rock the stage together
you and me forever and ever together
across the sky we're going high babe
so let's have a drink together privai (rugenian = cheers)
everyone is going high
we're dancing the whole night
have a drink together, alright
girl, I'll show you what you need

you're the favorite girl to me
I'm really in love with you
girl be mine and rock the party
I want you, I want you, I want you
shake your body girl
because I want you
I'll give you what you want
let the party start!

The stage is on fire, a lot of pyro! Two background dancers in silver full-body costums join the stage and dancing synchronic.

[Adrina chorus]

Can you feel my heartbeat
my heartbeat tonight
I really wanna wanna be-e-e with you
so c'mon and let us show
that we are, we are the heroes of the night
let's shake your ass
and have fun with us
don't be the last

Can you feel my he-eartbeat?

Dimitry's still flirting with Adrina, the background dancers doing cool moves in the background.

[Dimitry's rap part]

Standing in the waterfall
I'm gonna reach your soul
Please answer me
am I gonna reach your soul?
You're everything to me
so stand up and shake your ass
People stand up and clap your hands
C'mon Adrina rock the stage!

Adrina's walking through the stage like on a catwalk and is posing, the audience going high again!

[Adrina]

Kans ju mi ja herca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
Kans ju mi ja herca lar

Kans ju mi ja herca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
he-e-e-e-erca lar
Kans ju mi ja herca lar

Adrina, Dimitry and the background dancers dancing together.

The performance ends with a great pyro-show in the background.

Adrina: Thank you! We love you!
Dimitry: Takk ! תודה ! ♥
Last edited by Rugenia on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 am, edited 8 times in total.

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Syrche » Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 am

Broadcast by:

The Room is dark. The sound of applause can be heard as the lights lift to reveal a panel of Three in front of the live audience.

A woman appears. "Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to Worldvision 26, direct from Kishrael on Alpaisne Interior Telekast. I'm Theresse Vedtford, and i'll be your host for the evening. Our Panel of Judges joins us, and they are:

Stage Actor in the upcoming Musical "The Thing That I Have Been," Dana Simmons!

Program Coordinator and contributor for AIT-102.5, Fläsche FM,Rici Sentasi!

And legenendary Record Producer and Executive,Madem Palorvikk..

The Alpaisne Interior Telekast would like to remind you that the opinions portrayed in this segment are not expressed on behalf of the company, neither do they receive endorsement, and are the sole property of their respective entities.

After each performance, the judges will give input on how well they perceive the act, but in the end, the vote will come down to you at home. At the end of the night, the phone lines will open, and you can vote for your favorite act. Before you are some of the greatest names in the music industry. Lets see what they have to say...

-Opening Performance-

Rici Sentasi: Well, We're back for another round of this...
Madem Palorvikk: Yes, except this time we don't have Ric Lakardt or Wyndell with us.
Dana Simmons: Well, Ric is back on tour and Wyndell's on vacation...
Rici Sentasi: Permanent vacation, from what i heard...

Theresse: Communist Quinntopia is about to perform...

Communist Quinntopia Performs

Madem Palorvikk: Good that we're opening on a high note.
Rici Sentasi: A High Note? i'd call it a "middle-of-the-road" note...
Dana Simmons: I thought the syncronization of the lights was really spot on. The theatrics were very well done also.
Madem Palorvikk: Yes, simple, but contemporary, in terms of theme.
Rici Sentasi: you two must be out of your mind, there were enough strobe lights up there to induce seizures on a small city...
Dana Simmons: Rici, how do you manage to be so pleasant?
*Laughter from the Audience*
*A smug look from Rici*

To vote for Communist Quinntopia, at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-001]

Luziyca Performs

Dana Simmons: Do I really have to review this? This is insulting...
Rici Sentasi: I'll give it my best shot... The vocals were shoddy, the lyrics often do not fit rhythmically, nor do the make sense, and the combined effect seem to be the hybrid thematic of a child getting ready for school and an angry hooker making her rounds, and the visuals can only be described as pleasing if you're into bukkake porn.
Madem Palorvikk: WorldVision is wonderful, because it gives us a glimpse into different cultures around the world.
Rici Sentasi: What are you on about now?
Madem Palorvikk: really Rici, did you know that there is a country called Luziyca, where escaped circus animals are autotuned, while being sexually defiled by swarms of horny men?

To vote for Luziyca, at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-002]

Polkopia Performs

Dana Simmons: Very Nice!
Rici Sentasi: High Energy, Well Written...
Madem Palorvikk: No complaints at all.

To vote for Polkopia at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-003]

Kishrael Performs

Madem Palorvikk: Haunting Voice, beautiful melody
Dana Simmons: i thought the message was great
Rici Sentasi: yes, it's good when they have visuals like that, otherwise it would have been a lot of Gobble De Gook...

To vote for Kishrael at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-004]

Jarfriour Performs

Theresse Vedtford: they appear to be having some TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES over on the stage there....

IF AND WHEN this matter is resolved, you may vote for Jarfriour, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-005]

Alexandr Land Performs

Dana Simmons: Pots and Pans don't count as Musical instruments, do they?
Rici Sentasi: That guy sounded like he had a rat in his throat....
Madem Palorvikk: reminds me of '77

To vote for Alexandr Lands at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-006]

De La Fleur Performs

Dana Simmons: There's nothin' more hot than a boy with Swag....*Blushing*
*Laughter from the audience*
Rici Sentasi: What in the WORLD is Swag?
*More Laughter*
Madem Palorvikk: It doesn't sound legal...
*MORE laughter!*
Dana Simmons: You may be correct, Madem, i believe that term was once used in the illegal drugs trade, but now is most commonly used in the United Socialist States of America as a term that means cool, but also is a synonym for a jobless wannabe, so you see it is kind of confusing...
*The Audience Roars*

To vote for De La Fleur at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-007]

The New Lowlands Performs

Rici Sentasi: French and Dutch? i find that a bit strange, but okay...
Madem Palorvikk: Very catchy though, visibly popular with the crowd
Dana Simmons: No lights show? No Theatrics?
*from the back of the audience:*NO WARDROBE CHANGES!!!
Dana Simmons: That's right! I'm angry! I demand these things!!!
*Laughter from the Audience*

Theresse Vedtford: Well, folks, it's that time... We'll be back in a bit, so stay tuned...

To vote for The New Lowlands at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-008]
Last edited by Syrche on Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 am

EUSK1's coverage of the event starts HERE.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 am

23. Kalusia
Êvi tupêrs ên tup performing Êvras Âlin
Melody: Êvras Âlin (created by me using Guitar Pro 6)

In an interview with Wêrno Rêzâ, lead singer of the Kalusian act, Tâmali Rêzâ guitarist of the band, Wêrno stated he was very nervous, even though he felt no pressure. ''I don't have to perform better than anyone because it's for the first time Kalusia is in this contest. That's why it's still mysterious to all of us how well we are doing thus far'' he said. His sister Tâmali added to that: ''However, we still think that we have a very good song, which could possibly turn into a very big surprise this contest.'' ''We are more than prepared for a surprise, yes.''

The stage started fully black, and one single spot switched on as soon as the lead singer Wêrno Rêzâ started playing a fully white piano which was located halfway the podium, in the far right. Those with HD television could even spot the half note keys were painted white. Wêrno was wearing a crèmewhite suite. During the eight beats in which the piano played, lights slowly turned on, showing the two dancers, the man dressed in a white suite similar to Wêrno's, the woman in a long black dress. They were standing about four metres apart, backs turned to each other. When the semi-acoustic guitar starts playing, as well as the bass the according artists are lit up with a single spotlight, the stage still remained dark overall. The male dancer walks a few steps, and then turns around. As the trombonist steps forward into the broad beam of light which shines on the two guitarists, Wêrno starts singing.
Âls kârpâ âv ênpa tup
Êgêt on texpês
Âls tinpâ fônâ rîns âv ênpa rup
Kôs gogtip âvsi hês

While singing this he is still playing the piano, and the male dancer move towards the woman dancer. He tries to get in front of her, but she turns her back to him. The violist, dressed in black entirely, is lit by lights that illuminate about the entire stage, leaving Wêrno and the piano in a relative shade. He continues singing:
Matêr êvi tús dôolâns
Tinpêp fôn âv âm rosês
Êgêt tês âvsi îxâp bâns
Kôs gogtip âvsi hês

The dancer tries to get a sight of his female collegue, but it's of no use, as she walks away past him, looking at the crowd hopelessly until the chorus. As the music intensifies, the last bit of darkness on the stage is lit up, showing the drummer on the left, and Tâmali Rêzâ on the right, playing the electric guitar. The chorus plays twice:
Âls vist po
Êt ôpant bîn
Gêx gogtir
Êvras Âlin

During the chorus, the female dancer stretches her arms to the sky, making fists of her hands, and at the end of the second sounding of the chorus she looks at the man passionately. While the intermezzo that comes right after the chorus plays, she ballroom dances with him, really slowly during the long notes, while Wêrno softly sings ''Êvras Âlin'' once more. Then Wêrno started singing again:
Zunâs êv sovêl pin tôltatê
Êt êsfap losôm romitês
Pêxâp siêlês turatê
Kôs gogtip âvsi hês

The man struggles back up, and the woman walks a few metres away from him, while he dashes after her, but she avoids him. In the time between the first and the second chorus, Tâmali had walked up to her brother, and joined him in background singing. The light turn on fully as the second chorus comes which is spent by the man sitting on the right end of the stage, and the woman standing on the left, doing what she did in the first chorus. Wêrno and Tâmali sing together:
Âls vist po
Êt ôpant bîn
Gêx gogtir
Êvras Âlin

Then suddenly the bridge comes, and then ballroom dancing is back, even more passionately than before, and in the second time Wêrno sings the bridge, the man is visibly touched. For the chorus which is sung by Wêrno and Tâmali, he is thrown back on the ground again.
Âls vist po
Êt ôpant bîn
Gêx gogtir
Êvras Âlin

After the first time the chorus is sung the woman walks off the stage, and then, after the second chorus, the violist walks out of the bright beam of light, to the man who is left alone, lying on the ground still, and plays the solo, while Wêrno and Tâmali sing the last chorus.

Wêrno gets up, and walks with Tâmali to the front where he says: ''Thank you so much! Tusâr êv Kîsraêl!'' Tâmali added: ''We love you!''

So I bring you my love
Yet you don't accept
So I'll move on to my goal
Since I will see you there

Even when the clouds darken
I will move on like a hero
But I can believe you as well

So live long
And hope the best
To make us see
Our time

When the tides have turned once more
And I've been alone at home
I'll still think of you

So live long
And hope the best
To make us see
Our time

Bring me
Your love
Before I
Forget

So live long
And hope the best
To make us see
Our time
A Lons puppet. Mainly used for puppety stuffs.

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Tune: "One Perfect Day" - Lydia Denker

Language: English & Romanian
Translations:
Unu pasul departe - One step away
Până noi sunt din apropierea - Until we are near
Mulțumesc - Thank you
Te lubesc - I love you

Lillian knew about the pressure. Her country had come in third during the last edition, and now it was up to her to finally get Vampirum the win. She wasn’t nervous, but there was a part of her that hoped she could put on a good show. Lillian was still trying to take in everything. The fact that she was actually there at WorldVision itself was an achievement she would have never thought possible a few years ago. Lillian was one of the highest record selling artists in Vampirum at the moment. In the time since she first received her record deal she had done several tours and had been on stages all across the country, but none of it compared to this. So much depended on her upcoming song. Vampirum wanted a win, and they were hoping she could finally lead them to it.

Could she do it? She was about to find out.

The stage was dark as the pianist began playing slowly. Suddenly Lillian hummed and a light shined on her, displaying her sitting with her legs folded on the stage floor in a black and white dress. The large screen behind her displayed images of pouring rain. Raising the mic Lillian began singing.

Stepping through the cold and it fills me
Alone...
When you’re not standing with me

With the strum of the guitar lights flashed like lightning, momentarily displaying a large set of musicians and backup singers behind her wearing black suits and dresses before everything turned dark once again. The one light only set on her as she began singing again.

Words whispered close
I see you so clear
All of your fears I can heal

Suddenly the lights began to slowly illuminate the stage as the instruments grew louder. The platform that Lillian had been sitting on ascended from below the stage and raised her into the air until she was a foot off the floor.

So come inside my world like open doors

The lights flashed again before turning on completely and filling the entire stage, revealing a band behind her as they began playing.

Time disappears
When I think of you
Unu pasul departe
Până noi sunt din apropierea

There’s no distance
that can keep us apart
You’ll find me
right next to your heart

Ohhhhhhh

The platform lowered itself as the lights turned a bright gold that highlighted the stage. Lillian walked gracefully towards the audience before singing the second verse.

Flames of desire
Surrounds me
Your breath heats up my skin

And everyday brings me closer to you, ohhhhhh

The screen switched to a pale red color while two guitar players walked up next to Lillian and began playing. Turning around, she swayed towards one of the guitarists and began singing as if to him.

Time disappears
When I think of you
Unu pasul departe

There’s no distance
that can keep us apart
You’ll find me
right next to your heart

Next to your heart

Ohhhhhhh

The lights flashed for the third time as the instruments began playing the bridge, one of the guitarists moved to the front of the stage as he strummed his solo. Giving the cheering crowd a smile she raised a hand in the air. “Alright WorldVision! I’m going to need your help with this next part. I want you to wave your hands side to side! Will you help me?” With a resounding and loud ‘yes’ from the crowd Lillian began singing while the large mass of people began waving their hands to the melody.

Bring together
Close forever
Bring!
Close forever, ohhh ohhhhhh

With his part done, the guitarist gave a fist pump before throwing his pick out into the loud and cheering crowd. The stage floors illuminated in a bright silver glow as Lillian moved to the other side of the stage next to the backup singers where she sung the chorus again.

Time disappears
When I think of you
Unu pasul departe

There’s no distance
that can keep us apart
You’ll find me
right next to your heart

Lillian sung louder as she and her backup singers finished the song. With one last part to go, she put all she had in the next chorus, her voice carrying out in long stretches, showing how much she could sing, and how badly she wanted to win.

No distance
can keep us apart
(Close, forever)
You’ll find me
right next to your heart

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The second the instruments finished, everything went dark as large sparks erupted from the stage. The crowd went wild as Lillian took a bow along with her backup singers and band.
“Mulțumesc! Thank you WorldVision, Te lubesc! I love you!” Lillian blew the audience a kiss before walking off the stage with her backup singers and musicians behind her.
Last edited by Vampirum on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 am, edited 12 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 pm

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 am

KINGFORDIAN COMMENTARY PART 2

COMMENTATORS:
SERGEI ARAMOV: Singer, TV presenter, Represented KB at WV 17 & WV 25
NATALIA MOLOROVSKAYA: Singer, Represented KB at WV23

Sergei: Welcome Back to WorldVision Song Contest 26 live from Shatilaurchev, Kishrael
Natalia: Next up, it's Bloodbath Generation!

BLOODBATH GENERATION
Sergei: Wonderful song, I like it
Natalia: The staging was something different and it really suited the song, it raises an important issue in society today and I applaud them for that
Sergei: I think it'll do well and while the lyrics may be hard to understand, once you understand what it's about you can really appreciate the story
Natalia: To vote for Bloodbath Generation add 09

LYMANTATIA:
Sergei: So Lymantatia is back after a year break, and they've sent DANAE once again
Natalia: Don't they have anyone else to send?
Sergei: Obviously not
Natalia: Ok, the song... what did we think?
Sergei: Nothing special, it was all over the place
Natalia: I'll agree with that.. I think they'll end up where they usually do, bottom end of the scoreboard
Sergei: To vote for Lymantatia add 10

GRANDTERRE:
Natalia: Very similar to what we've seen from their neighbours Lymantatia in the past, just without the multi-lingual phrases
Sergei: Nothing that is memorable here, I think it'll end up in the bottom 5 with maybe a few points from Lymantatia and Groteberg and not much more.
Natalia: We have seen them swap 12 points with each other in the past, this year won't be any different I'd say unfortunately.
Sergei: To vote for Grandterre add 11

GROTEBERG:
Natalia: Did we really need to suffer through 3 of these entries in a row?
Sergei: Interesting choice of costume.. a wedding dress And look, it glows in the dark, very over the top and a little tacky if I don't say so myself.
Natalia: To vote for Groteberg add 12

LACTATIA:
Sergei: Wow.... last time they sent a song called Lactation Sensation, which did well, this time they're sending a song about... fried chicken?
Natalia: In the words of the singer herself "she's a f******g queen!"
Sergei: The song was fun, wasn't as good as their last entry but it will certainly be infamous and will be remembered for many years to come
Natalia: Good luck to her, I'm sure fried chicken lovers will vote for her
Sergei: To vote for Lactatia add 13

FUSHA-ME-BAR:
Natalia: And that was Na from Fusha-Me-Bar, a girl group with the song "Unë Jam I Sëmurë Për Ju"
Sergei: I loved it! The song is about love and jealousy, a combination that can be devastating for love... but makes a great song.
Natalia: The girls are dressed up as good, evil and.... a mediator?
Sergei: I think that's the one caught in the middle of the two
Natalia: Oh.... great idea! I love it
Sergei: Nessa, Sarah & Riva, 3 beautiful girls who can sing, and I think they will do well, I would vote for them for sure, one of the best songs we've seen so far tonight.
Natalia: To vote for Fusha-Me-Bar add 14

Sergei: We're going to take a quick break and we'll be back with more WorldVision 26
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Lowerlands
Attaché

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lowerlands » Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

LUTCH COMMENTARY

Commentators : Ludwig Vegteit : Presentator of the Lutch version of Pop Idol
Noémie Belchamp : Singer

LV : We're back in live from Shatirlauchev,Kishrael for the 26th WorldVision Song Contest,now it's Jarfriour !

Jarfriour

NB : Ah...seems our connexion have a great bug...
LV : They're certainly put Jarfriour's performance in the recap...whatever.Now,this is Alexandr Land.

Alexandr Land

NB : Simply Extraordinary.
LV : Yeah,that got the crowd dancing.I have very liked this song.
NB : If you want to show love to Alexandr Land,send AXL with the number 06 by phone to 36 17 or by SMS to 9 47 47.You can also vote by our website : http://www.lt1/worldvision26.lw
LV : Now it's De La Fleur,with Dancing Mad Man,performed by Daliana Der Fankershank.

De La Fleur

NB : Oooooooh.
LV : My ears are injured
NB : De la Fleur take the BAD singer...RIP.
LV : If you love this song...
NB : IF they love !
LV : Yeah...so,send DLF with the number 07 by phone to 36 17 or by SMS to 9 47 47.You can also vote by our website : http://www.lt1/worldvision26.lw
NB : Now,IT'S THE NEW LOWERLANDS ! POPOLOPOPOPOPO !

New Lowerlands

LV : Apparrently,our foreigners,the commentators of Kingsley Bedford have liked ihis song.
NB : Thanks the Kingfordians ! :hug:
LV : But we can't vote for our own country...but you can rate our entry with our website : http://www.lt1/worldvision26.lw
NB :Now,this is Bloodbath Generation,making their...entry.Yes,they have debuted in the 22th edition of WorldVision,who takes place in Monterra,in Mediterra.

Bloodbath Generation

LV : Another bug ! Well,at the end of the show,they certainly show the Bloodbathian entry,like Jarfriour,in the recap.
NB : Well,now,it's Lymantatia !
LV : Yeah ! But before this,we go back to Oostedam for the national news by Tania Gelonni ! We will come back,don't worry !

(To be continued)
Last edited by New Lowerlands on Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the New Lowerlands

helloeveryonehowareyou
helloeveryonehowareyou
helloeveryonehowareyou

WV26 (Shatirlauchev,Kishrael) : Mais S'Il Te Plaît Reste Avec Moi (Als Vijfenvijftig) - Rose Dumatin
WV27 (Monterra,Kalosia) : Hell Desires - Jacques Jalliet, Julien Derres and Heleentje Van Turen

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/660224Sanstitre6.jpg

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue May 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Nikolai: Welcome back, everybody, to NFTV, Polkopia's only broadcasting channel, hosted by me, Nikolai Fernsov. We've been through eight performances, and we've seen some pretty good performances so far, and one... exceptionally bad one... but moving on, next up, we have a performance by Bloodbath Generation.

09. Bloodbath Generation

TBA

10. Lymantatia

Nikolai: Well... Another Lymantatian performance by Lymantatia... I personally hate these entries. I feel like the Balakov- er... débuting nations have already scored higher in my book than this performance. We all know that this will get points because of the typical political voting that happens between Lymantatia, Grandterre, and Groteberg, which ends up severely underrating songs. I think this happened back in WV24 with Kington Langley, right? Anyway, no. Just no.

If you want to vote for this entry, please add 10 after the number provided. If you're like me, and find no originality whatsoever with the songs sent by Lymantatia, please do NOT vote. Ever.

11. Grandterre

Nikolai: Well folks, we've seen two of the same performances in a row, with the exception of the languages used, of course, but other than that, there's hardly any difference. It's just a constant repetition of the same phrase over and over again until it's forced to stick in your head. Sadly for these nations, it never works, as the results from their last participation shows. If they really wanted to win, you'd think that they'd try something new...

If you want to vote for Lym-... er, Grandterre, dial 11 after the number provided. Next we have... oh.. well ladies and gentlemen, we're going to see yet another cheap performance by a low-placing nation once again.

12. Groteberg

Nikolai: Ugh... Ladies and gentlemen, I am deeply sorry for this. Last year, we had the luxury of missing out on such performances, but it appears that they're back, and worse than ever. There's nothing much to say about this. I've said it all before.

To vote for Groteberg, just dial 12 after the number provided.

13. Lactatia

Nikolai: Well, this is what we call a comic relief, ladies and gentlemen, since these people are providing us with a funny song after three songs of total crap. I feel like I can't seriously judge this song, but if I were to do so, I'd probably quit after three seconds; this entry is so damn ridiculous.

To vote for Boo... Booquayquay(?) from Lactatia, add 13 to the number provided.

14. Fusha Me-Bar

Nikolai: So... I've narrowed this song to two possible meanings. One: A lesbian love triangle. Or Two: One girl choosing who to become friends with... but I'm pretty sure it's the first one. Decent enough performance. May get points, but it may not... It all depends on what the Polkopians believe the song is about. We're not exactly a tolerant people... No matter. This song deserves some points! It's fun and catchy!

To vote for this song, add 14 to the number provided.

15. Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Nikolai: Now, we have a beautiful ballad here in Korean I believe. Well, if the translations I'm receiving are correct, I have no qualms with this entry. Beautiful song, beautiful lyrics, and a beautiful performance to wrap it all up. One of my favorites thus far. Well done!

To vote for this entry, please add the number 15 after the number provided.

16. Russadonia

Nikolai: For a debuting nation, this far exceeded my expectations. It's still not my cup of tea, but it's interesting enough where it will stand out from the rest of the crowd. Dark lyrics, a wild performance, and yet such a simple singer. Well done Russadonia! Perhaps we can expect a high placing for Mr. Shade?

To vote for the Russadonian song, please add the number 16 to the number provided.

Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Entry №25
Violet Dancefloor feat. Doubleshot
"Tonight?"

Based on: To.Mari (두 마리) by Baechigi (배치기)

Violet Dancefloor is the alias of Tekka Raikerson, a one-man house music project from Derneo. Starting music production in 2006, he was selected internally by NTR for WV26 after their messup with last year's inability to find a proper entry in time. Upon his request for vocalists, hip hop duo Doubleshot were selected by the broadcasters with his guidance to perform the song with him. Nekoni have never entered the contest before, so the home expactations are divisive, but the song has already hit #1 in the Nekoni music charts.

"Believe it or not during this song, the two guys really are friends with each other...and they're both happily married. Honest," the NTR1 commentor explains during the live broadcast. "Anyway, song #25.

The lights are set to a low, deep violet. The back LEDs are set off at the beginning. On stage we see two empty mic stands at the front, Tekka at a set of decks, wearing a black dress shirt, with white trim, black slacks and his shoulder-length black hair obscured with a black fedora. He slides a vinyl onto the platter, and the guitar kicks in. The backing screens pulse with a violet lightning effect to the tempo of the four-on-the-floor kick drum, with text on the screens in large and white flashing in a thick, modern typeface: "VIOLET DANCEFLOOR presents Doubleshot". Audience cheers. The brass kicks in, the text changes to "TONIGHT?", and Doubleshot appear from opposite sides of the stage. Both are wearing the same shirt, slacks and hat combo, except their fedoras have purple trim. Kaiden, on the left, has short, brown hair, Riccardo, on the right, has spiky black hair, with blonde tips.

Both bound on stage, pumping their fists on the 'hey's in the intro, microphones in the other hand. They reach the middle of the stage just in time for the first verse. The back screens keep the violet background, but overlayed with yellow and gold fireworks. Kaiden steps forward to sing the first lines, whilst Riccardo hangs back.

(Kaiden / Riccardo / Both)
Tonight I'm doing something I've never done before
Cut the bravado, turn up with flowers right outside your door
Tried to pretend I was cool, and you're seeing through me, right through
So now I'll try to just be me, tonight

I've tried to make you see before that I'd work with you
Together we'll have something too strong to deny us as two
You're playing so hard to get, but I know I'll win you, yet
Every time I try, you brush me away

Riccardo jumps forward, almost pushing Kaiden out of the way. Backing screens split down the middle, red on the right, blue on the left, the centre tear sliding off screen to show a full screen of colour of the person singing.

Why are you even trying? She's out your league, man
She won't go with you again
She's made up her mind, left you behind
So why would changing you make any difference to how she'd decide?

Style, style, style, that's how I'm gotta win her, send an
SMS, invite her out to dinner
I'd hate to break it to ya but I think your time is over
Step aside, I'm gonna go and steal her heart tonight

Can't believe you're thinking that you do better than me
Can't you see that she's special, she's way out of your league, so
More money, more money, that ain't gonna work on her
Come off it, she's gonna palm you off in a second, you

Know I gotta chance, I know how her mind works
So tell me, how did you not get her first?
I tried to be you, found out it's not the thing to do
So, just let me be me and you'll all be able to see that

The backing screens change to a twilight backdrop over a dark violet city. A golden light weaves its way through the buildings, with the lyrics of each line shimmering in the background at each turn in the road. On-stage, the two singers change their choreography to a fight-inspired routine, featuring a lot of fake punches, back twists and arm swings.

Tonight, I'll get you tonight
Under the moonlight, I'll take you tonight
I'll sweep you off your feet, make you believe that
This love for you will blow you away,

I really mean it girl, yeah
This love for you will blow you away

Don't wanna love nobody

The background fades into a blue twilight, the foreground image showing an interior of a nightclub. The people in it are outlined shadows in various shades of red and blue.

Step back, get back, suit on, lights down
I'm gonna catch your eye when I step into this town
I won't lie when I say I'm being nervous but I guess
when your arm's over my shoulders than it'll all be worth it

I'll try to show you that behind my shell the love is real, so
Why? Why won't you let me show you how that feels?
You're difficult to crack but you know that I'll be back until I
Get you to give me a chance that I can take

The background flashes to a gold sound wave in front of a purple display of falling arrows. Riccardo jumps in front of Kaiden again.

Come on, get a grip, it's clear you don't stand a chance
You've got an awful track record when it comes to romance
(Hey!)

Kaiden is visibly annoyed.

Sorry, but it's true, how can you talk about it when you
Never had it in the first place, so sit back and take note
This girl's mine, don't set yourself up, now
You're unbearable when you're embarassed because you let yourself down, now

Kaiden pushes Riccardo out of the way.

That's it, too much, you took it too far
You've made it personal now, you wanna start?

Black screen for the sudden drop.

*siiigh* ...you know how immature that sounds, right?

The routine pretty much continues as it did in the last chorus.

Let's go now
This love for you will blow you away,

I really mean it girl, yeah

Don't wanna love nobody

The music takes a break. The two look at each other, ask "are we doing this now", to an audience cheer. Tekka throws a disc in the air, spins round, catches it behind him, places it on the platter as the brass break begins. During the break, the two up front throw their hats into the crowd, then both engage in a competitive routine, each of them trying to outdo the other with a series of smooth moves. Towards the end, Riccardo pulls off a running backflip, much to the delight of the audience. Kaiden just can't compare, and instead of Riccardo completing his last set, he raises his arms in victory. Kaiden can be just heard under his breath, chuckling "ahaha, I'll get you next time".

They get up, the backing changes back to the chorus setup, and we continue with the vocals.

Let's go now
[color=purple]Tonight,
I'm not gonna fight
The moves I got are gonna me in her heart tonight

I'll get you tonight I won't admit defeat
She'll melt right into me, through charm and personality

Don't wanna love nobody

They raise their fists, as the lights go off, leaving a purple spotlight on them. "Shatilaurchev, we love you all!" the three scream and go off stage together, exasperated. "They're the first people to represent Nekoni and they bloody loved it out there. Time will tell if everyone else loved it as much as they did, but still, we're proud of you guys!"
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

De La Fleur
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby De La Fleur » Tue May 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Tv De Lis
Channel 5 on Mobil De Lis and Channel 1 on Fone La Fleur

Hans: Hello and welcome back to WorlVision Song Contest 26
Jamie: And we are live from Shatilaurchev, Kishrael. I´m jamie and i'm here with my Co-Host Hans
Hans: But lets go on to our next contestant, Here is The New Lowerlands

The New Lowerlands
Jamie: Well... the music was at least good.
Hans: Well, that was the New Lowerlands, Well, it will probably be one of the lowerlands on the scoreboard tonight
*Laughter in the audience*
Jamie:Well, now we know that French, Dutch and English do not mix perfectly...
Hans:But, if you liked it, you can vote by sending a text or calling to 225 26 08
Jamie: And you can vote through the Tv De Lis App which you can get on http://www.TVDELIS.dl/TvDeLisApp
Hans: And now, give it up for, Bloodbath Generation!

Reserved for Bloodbath Generation

Lymantatia
Jamie: When i was young, my mother always used to tell me: ''If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all''......
*Laughter in the audience*
Hans: I've also heard that they keep sending this artist to represent them in WorldVision. I hope they realize soon that she is terrible.
Jamie: Oh, Hans, we all know that Lymantatia is runned by little japanese school girls.
Hans: But if you would like to see this... thing... win, you can vote by calling or sending a text to 225 26 10
Jamie: Or you could vote throught the Tv De Lis app, which you can get on our website, http://www.TVDELIS.dl/TvDeLisApp
Hans: But now, Clap for, Grandterre

Grandterre
Hans: French was one of my favorite languages... WAS
Jamie: They destroyed a language, by making it more... i don't even think there is a word for how terrible the performance was
Hans: Not only was the music horrible, but it was worse than the previous entry from Lymantatia.
Jamie: Ok, but please tell me you don't, but if you liked this...monstrosity... than you can vote by calling or sending a text to 225 26 11
Hans: Or you could vote throught the Tv De Lis app, which you can get on our website, http://www.TVDELIS.dl/TvDeLisApp
Jamie: But lets pray for something good from, Groteberg!

Groteborg
Jamie:....
Hans:....
Jamie: you-ou can vo-ote by sending a te-ext to 225 26 12 or by ca-alling.
Hans: And the app is on ou-our web-ebsite.
Jamie: But, here is.. Lactatia

Lactatia
Jamie:*Insane Laughter*
Hans:*Hysterical Laughter*
Audience:*Uncontrollable Laughter*
Jamie: Okay, this is getting pretty unhealthy for us.. So if you like Miss Booquayquay from Lactatia.. Call or send a text to 225 26 13
Hans: *Still Laughing*
Jamie: Ooor you could vote throught the Tv De Lis app, which you can get on our website, http://www.TVDELIS.dl/TvDeLisApp
Hans: I would just like to think Lactatia for cheering us up from all the horrible music!
Jamie: But now it's time for a break... And we will be back soon Dear De La Fleurians!
Pro: LGBPTTQQIIAA+(Or LGBTQ+ for short), Freedom Of Speech, Constitutionalism, Scandinavia, Japan, Anime, Kitties and Love
Anti: Anti-LGBT, Communism, Totalitarianism, NSA, North Korea, Nazism, Racism, Stereotyping and Hate.
WV26~"Dancing Mad Man" - Alina Der Fankershank Results-29th Place-35 Points
WV27~ "Loverboy" - Elizia Del Valleta Results-19th Place - 57 Points
I make Nightcore Music~| Join My Region, The Otaku Republics, POPULATION: 4 | Please Follow Me On Tumblr c:|EF ÞÚ SKILUR SENTU MÉR SKILABOÐ!!

Serzchepha
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Serzchepha » Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 pm

26. Serzchepha
"Lie" -- Pano Prezo
Music: Jason Derulo – “The Other Side”

Pano Prezo had written the lyrics himself. It wasn’t particularly hard. His parents had been speaking it since before they had immigrated to Serzchepha. He spoke it himself natively. He certainly had not thought WorldVision would be a place that he’d be one day performing, but he was grateful for the opportunity. The Sergovard entry would be 26th to perform, where they almost always were in the draw. He was hoping to place better than the previous entry, which had been the highest the country had placed since it had first entered in WorldVision 23.

The music began with Pano on the stage by himself. The stage was bathed in a light yellow light, the screen behind him began to show the same yellow color with shapeless figures floating from one side of the screen to the other. He was dressed completely in black.

My head was spinning
At every thought of us two
Now my ears are ringing.
You won’t say the simple truth,
We’re one big hurt. (yeah)
Waiting longer would be stupid.
Simply realize,
That our love is in a ruin.

The screen behind him suddenly changed to bright red, the formless shapes suddenly turned into jagged ones floating chaotically around the screen. Dancers in matching red dresses appeared behind him. Pano lifted his arms into the air to form a "v" shape.

Alright, enough’s enough
This needs to cease.
Stop the silence, just talk to me.
Don’t send me on this guilt trip
And tell me what to say.

But, do you even want to try?
Am I just like another guy?
Will you just cast me aside?
Is this the time for our goodbyes?
I can just go; I won’t wait for a “No!”
When your love will not show,
My departure won’t slow.
Just come now, and look me in the eye
Please tell me this is not a lie.

The light and the shapes begin to mellow. The red becomes a lighter shade. The dancers rock back and forth gently.

I don’t want to forget
All of your lovely tender sighs
Without you I feel worthless
Away from those chestnut eyes

The red returns to its brighter shade. The jagged shapes return, but now move from one screen to the other. Bright orange and golden shapes also appear now. The dancers mimic the "v" shape with their hands, and then rock forth in sudden movements.

Yet, I’ve had enough
Your love won’t increase
Stop the act, please speak with me.
Don’t hide behind your quips
Please give me a reason to stay.

But do you even want to try?
Is this the time for our goodbyes
My departure won’t slow.
Just come now and look me in the eye
Please tell me this is not a lie!

The screen behind the stage become simulated fireworks. Pano jumps up and down for this part of the song.

(Oh-oooh)
And tell me this is not a lie!
Alright, enough’s enough
This needs to cease.
Stop the silence, just talk to me.
Don’t send me on this guilt trip
And tell me what to say.

But do you even want to try?
Is this the time for our goodbyes
My departure won’t slow.
And tell me this is not a lie!

Pano continues to jump up and down as the dancers move in their jerky and chaotic movements.

(Oh-oooh)
Look me in my eyes!
(Oh-oooh)
Tell me this is not a lie!
(Oh-oooh)
Let me see your eyes!
(Oh-oooh)
Tell me that it’s not a lie!

The lights cut to black with a single white spotlight on Pano.

"Faristë, Xatilaroseva! Thank you, Shatilaurchev!" he says as he and the dancers walk off the stage.
Jemësë Republikä uj Serjixegha
Federal Republic of Serzchepha

/sɜrʒːtʃɛːfə/

Zavlia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zavlia » Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 am

27. Zavlia
Kanslav: “Sin bi lish?”
Kanslakhem: Zak ve Marcin
Muzilav: Hanne Junlit.
Parolem: Hanne Junlit.
Okzeshikhem: Timur Onc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuE2Ly8nWPY

Zak and Marcin:
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/5379/49558697.jpgwere stood at the back of the stage on the raised part, while on the diamond shaped section, the floor was black and the four dancers were dressed in: http://imageshack.us/a/img17/9782/blackwhitegown4.jpg
Meantwhile Zak and Marcin are wearing : http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/211/t2ec16ny0e9s2s5ucbput1t.jpg
As the music starts the dancers are on their knees while Zak and Marcin are on the back to back. Their holding hands on one side and holding microphones on the other. As the music began the dancers got to their feet dancing.

Ani bi Enlavac,
Mai Ulilav bi krankiot.
Proba finda mai Kushakhem,
Hoshalav boti okua.
Ani utria Menlava,
Ve pika pam Homlatlavac.

As they start singing the chorus, they walk down the stairs onto the diamond main stage, still holding hands.

Mai Kushakhem bi faletiot.
Lo bi angaiot,
Sin bi lish?
Oku trulabak lish?
Ani lo vet.
They let go of each other and put their hands out in front of them as they sing:
Sin bi lish? Sin bi lish?!

They fix their microphones to the stands on stage and sing the next versus dancing whilst the dancers dance behind them.

Mai Herzlav epkla,
Ani pika i Camplemac.
Sin nen bi klajlish,
Rakhtila ania loshim.
Ani utria Menlava,
Ve pika pam Homlatlavac.

The stage is plunged into darkness spotlights on Zak and Marcin and the dancers’ costumes light up.

Lo bi angaiot,
Sin bi lish?
Oku trulabak lish?
Ani lo vet.

Zak and Marcin take their microphones and with the dancers, they all dance in sync at the front of the stage.

Lo bi angaiot,
Sin bi lish?
Oku trulabak lish?
Ani lo vet.

The lights all come on, the screens at the back are bright blue. Everyone on stage is dancing in formation. Zak and Marcin at the front, then the dancers behind them making a triangle shape.

Olija suna Tranlema,
Sin bilior zikha
Lo bi angaiot,
Sin bi lish?
Oku trulabak lish?
Ani lo vet.

Two dancers take their microphones off them. They finish back to back as at the start, holding hands. Zak is looking up and Marcin is looking down.

The music finishes, the audience applauds. The camera turns to the Zavlian audience members who are all stood up waving flags and cheering.

Zak and Marcin turn to the audience. “Grad Dunjalav! Toda raba Kishrael!”

Translation:
I'm at home
My mind is crazy.
Trying to find my love
The darkness takes him
I open the door
and run into the night

My love is missing
don't be scared
Where are you?
Where is he staying?
I don't know
Where are you? Where are you?

My heart is racing,
I running in the fields
You must be somewhere
Answer me please
I open the door
and run into the night
El Zav Airlines
WorldVizjon
WV23 33rd place
WV24 29th place
WV25 16th Place
WV26 31st Place
WV27 14th Place
WV28 9th Place
WV29 13th Place

1st International Curling Championships 8th place

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 am

28. Calimera

Title: An Angel walked into my life

Singer: Lilita Stolzer-Perez
Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjFQCGKDZA

Lilita was quite unknown in Calimera, until now. With her song 'An Angel walked into my life' she is situated second place in the single top 100. Lilita is a real lady, she loves shopping, but said she hates all those ''Over-exaggerated-pink-barbies''. When they asked her how to describe her music style she said: ''My music is typically 'Lilita'. For me music isn't all about a tune, it is about the lyrics and emotions, you can't write a song when you don't 'feel' the music, that's a very important element.''

The stage was decorated with hundreds of brown leaves, laying on the ground. Lilita came on stage and the Calimeran crowd started to move their Calimeran flags enthusiastically.
Lilita was dressed in a brown, elegant dress. Before the show they asked her where she bought it, and she said: ''My fans gave me the dress, I wanted to thank them so that's why I'll put that beautiful dress on.''
Lilita Stolzer-Perez sat on the ground, in her bare feet, with her long blond hair. When the music began she started to sing:

Hay algien que me permite
decir que
That I'm looking for
more and more
And it's not enough what I'm doing

Keeping my thoughts in my mind

Three male dancers walked on stage, top-less, also on their bare feet. And they sat in a circle around Lilita.
Lilita stood up and continued singing:

When you look inside your tiny heart
You will see the true side of yourself
That is when your true life starts

Just behind the reasoning yours

Given the explanation of my heart
Doesn't make the story better or so
It would make you cry and stumble on

That's the only thing I wish for you

On the big screens at the back of the stage, leaves started falling, at first they were colored red, but slowly they turned brown/grey.
The three male dancers were dancing elegantly to the music, slowly walking to the right side of the stage.

You put me outside of your mind
Keeping all the memories behind
To find out that I wish you'd understand

But you would never reach out your hand

Lilita grabbed some leaves, and continued singing the refrain when she scattered the leaves with her left hand.
Ooo, oooo

An angel situated in my heart
An angel showing me all my hatred
An angel walked into my life, after all

An angel, an angel, an angel..

She continued:

I have been living bellow my standard
Everything I saw, I did forget
It's just like the angel I've never met

I can't forget, just like the sound

The sound of that you stumble on
Looking to the ground, it feels so wrong
It just like a sad and false song

All the time you've been wrong

The three dancers walked to the front, and started to dance elegantly around Lilita, while she continued singing:

Ooo, oooo

break

The music stopped for a second, Lilita looked right into the camera, sat on the ground with the three dancers sitting in a circle around her, and she started to sing the last piece of her song:

Hay algien que me permite
decir que
That I'm looking for
more and more
And it's not enough what I'm doing

Keeping all the thoughts in my mind

Lilita, stood up and said: Thank you!
Last edited by Calimera II on Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Warwick
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Commentators:
Kellen Walsh (TV presenter)
Annika X (Pop star; TV presenter; New Warwick's representative at WorldVision 24)

[JARFRIOUR performs]

(reserved for Jarfriour commentary)

[ALEXANDR LAND performs]

ANNIKA: Well, you can tell that group is popular in their homeland, for whatever reason.
KELLEN: Yeah, I don't get it either. No discernible melody, barely intelligible lyrics. Normally this wouldn't be a plus, but at least it was extremely short.
ANNIKA: So let's keep the commentary short, too. Up next we have De La Fleur.

[DE LA FLEUR performs]

ANNIKA: He...he died of an overdose so you yelled at his grave? I'm not...okay, I really wasn't expecting that.
KELLEN: You really ought to start watching the rehearsals.
ANNIKA: Would that really make me less confused?
KELLEN: No...no, probably not.
ANNIKA: I was so into it musically, I was willing to overlook the kind of weak lyrics at first, but that twist ending, I just...
KELLEN: I know. Can we go back to good music, please?
ANNIKA: Seriously. New Lowerlands, please help us.

[NEW LOWERLANDS performs]

ANNIKA: Okay, see, that's what I like.
KELLEN: Much better than most of what we've heard so far tonight.
ANNIKA: Not sure about the significance of fifty-five, but I'll give her credit for singing in two languages. Other than that, the lyrics were pretty good.
KELLEN: I hope this does well. I only worry that their early draw will cause it to get lost.
ANNIKA: To make sure that doesn't happen and vote for The New Lowerlands, send an SMS with the draw number - 08 - to 045001, call 0450-025-01-01-08, or vote with the WorldVision App.
KELLEN: Our next entry comes from a WorldVision regular, Bloodbath Generation.

[BLOODBATH GENERATION performs]

[BLOODBATH GENERATION performs]

ANNIKA: They tried.
KELLEN: They really did.
ANNIKA: The song was just so boring, though. Not really that catchy.
KELLEN: I liked the lyrics, though.
ANNIKA: I don't know, they were a bit cheesy for my taste. "Hell is for them, but heaven is all ours." I don't know, it seems like they're really forcing the optimism there. Kind of over-the-top.
KELLEN: At least it was a positive message for people who really need it.
ANNIKA: If they're really that much in need of help, they probably shouldn't rely on a song contest to give it to them.
KELLEN: Alright, negative Nancy, we'll see how the people feel during voting, won't we. Up next...jesus no.
ANNIKA: For everyone at home playing the drinking game, get ready to die. Here comes Lymantatia.

[LYMANTATIA performs]

KELLEN: Good god.
ANNIKA: It's like they only have one singer in the entire country. We're sick of Danae, assholes.
KELLEN: It's a little early in the evening for language like that, don't you think?
ANNIKA: Do you know how much I've had to drink in order to cope with this song, and the fact that Lymantatia 2 and 3 are right after?
KELLEN: Oh god...pass me the bottle.

[GRANDTERRE performs]

ANNIKA: It's like songwriters in these nations go to the same school that teaches them, for some reason, that repeating one phrase over and over makes a song. And the high-pitched whiny voices and magical schoolgirl outfits? Not as cute as you think. These nations always wonder how they finish so poorly. I'm astounded that they get any points from other nations at all. Time and again, they have finished higher than nations that have actually tried. It's disappointing, disheartening, and frankly, disgusting. Ugh.
KELLEN: Feel better?
ANNIKA: Yeah.

[GROTEBERG performs]

KELLEN: Okay, listen. It's really obvious when you send an entry in a language you don't actually speak.
ANNIKA: I will say that this might be the best entry this group of countries have ever sent. The music is less obnoxious, and they at least tried with the lyrics - they're a little more varied.
KELLEN: True. They're getting better. Slowly but surely.
ANNIKA: So let's move on to Lactatia...I need another drink.

[LACTATIA performs]

(a few seconds of silence)
ANNIKA: Boy, that's...
KELLEN: Wow.
ANNIKA: I'm not sure if I'm more offended at the racism or the assault on music.
KELLEN: I'm not sure what I expected from a nation that sent a song about lactation being orgasmic - which, no - but...actually, this might be exactly what I expected.
ANNIKA: So up next we have Fusha Me-Bar, who usually send something pretty solid.

[FUSHA ME-BAR performs]

KELLEN: I like it.
ANNIKA: Yeah, me too, but...I don't know, I feel like it would be better as a dance-pop kind of track.
KELLEN: You're biased, though.
ANNIKA: Yeah, but I do like rock, but I don't know. Musically I think I would just like it better if it were dance-pop.
KELLEN: Eh. I'd have to hear it to decide.
ANNIKA: Fair enough. Alright, up next, we have another nation that always does well. The Royal Kingdom of Quebec.

[QUEBEC performs]

ANNIKA: Why do they send lullabies every year?
KELLEN: I think they had that overdramatic hard rock-wannabe ballad the one year.
ANNIKA: They do seem to like cheesy love songs in Quebec, don't they.
KELLEN: And you know it'll do very well.
ANNIKA: Quebec always does, even when they don't deserve it as much.
KELLEN: Don't be too rude about it.
ANNIKA: Anyway. Apparently this guy caused a huge scandal in the 90s because, GASP, DRUGS OH NO.
KELLEN: What? Musicians doing drugs? That never happens!
ANNIKA: Remind me never to go on vacation to Quebec. Any country that strict about drugs can't be any fun.
KELLEN: They'd arrest you at the border. Speaking of fun, hopefully our next entry is some. Russadonia!

[RUSSADONIA performs]

ANNIKA: That was excellent.
KELLEN: I don't know, some moments of the performance were a little wonky to me. Like the skeleton facepaint on the dancers. Just seemed a little Halloween-y to me, instead of actually dark.
ANNIKA: You have to be joking. That was dark humor.
KELLEN: Well I didn't find it funny.
ANNIKA: That's because you have no sense of humor. It isn't laugh-out-loud funny. It's funny in a deeper way.
KELLEN: Okay, you weirdo.
ANNIKA: We'll settle this while the next act performs. Next we have Acraddia.

[ACRADDIA performs]

ANNIKA: Good effort for a debut.
KELLEN: I can see this doing well in New Warwick, but I wonder if it'll be enough to convince the rest of the world.
ANNIKA: I think it will be.
KELLEN: I hope you're right.
Last edited by New Warwick on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm

29.) Ranbo
39 Billion Miles
Performing: Marlon Sora
Tune: 93 Million Miles, By Jason Mraz

Marlon Sora was not the biggest star in the country, but he was no unknown slouch either. His Latino looks had mesmerized female audiences across the globe. As his singing started, infatuation was a done deal. In a way, one could think of him as the Ranboian version of Justin Beiber—only more talented, less of a massive rider on the douche train, with good hair, with...actually, scratch that. Let's just not compare him after all. Image out of your mind? Good. It's time for some music.

As the Calmerian performance winded down, the lights dimmed to total darkness. The audience was taken aback once silence engulfed the performance area. What's happening? they thought, WorldVision can't be over this soon, can it? Lo and behold, no sooner had that been thought, the sound of a guitar strumming began to reverberate through their ears. Upon the stage, a single spotlight flickered on, revealing a Ranboian man holding an acoustic guitar. Swaying slightly, Marlon was joined by a single violin from the pit orchestra, which rang out a before dying away into a background  accompaniment. This would usher in the first words, sung tenderly by the musician on stage.

39 billion metres from the stars
I've traveled through space to belong here, to search for you  
It's so bright, remarkably bright,
Over the lightyears, gracing my eyes
Oh, why why so sorrowful, 
Oh your wonderful spirit
It screamed that "Boy so far you’re having the time,  if you keep it up you’ll know the right star,
Just know, whatever your woe,  you will always get to know...

Breaking into a series of 'oohing', Marlon elongated each sound, so it seemed that each line never truly ended. Blending together, he carried the words outwards, with much emotion as he could muster, yet at the same time scaling back his force of singing to private an air of calmness once again.

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

Leaning forward, he breathed inwards quietly. Closing his eyes, Marlon ushered in the next words. At this same time, the darkness that hung upon the audience, which had still not abated, lit up with an array of lights, swirling around slowly and majestically. Within an instance, the audience was transported to the outer realms of space, drifting in the cold, yet inviting, darkness. 

230 million miles to get to Mars, it's not the full distance but hell, it will have to do
It's my cry,  one desperate cry, over the horizon is one last time,
Oh, why why, how sorrowful,
Oh my beautiful daughter, You screamed out "Dad turn back, we're not done yet, it's not worth the risk to see her again,
Just know, however you grow,  you will always see my glow."

Once again breaking into 'Oohs', Marlon use his technique from before to blend the sounds together. In the middle of each breath, he increased the pitch of the sound. Then he lowered his voice back to the original pitch as he trailed off into a single line. Raising his head, Marlon did the opposite of what was expected, lowering his voice instead.
Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

I will always  fight back…

Raising his guitar hand, Marlon brought it down onto the string with a jolt, changing the mood within a heartbeat. With a sharp nod to the crowd, he sung the words with an edge to the words at the end of each line. During the first verse, the swirling dots signifying stars picked up in speed, before slowing down to the original speed during the second verse.

Every heart is a danger point
There is never a bar to support you
Traveling farther just to disappoint
I can see that there's not a true shortcut,

Just know, however you grow, no I'll never let go, we will always be aglow,

Having sung this second verse using the same style as the rest of the piece, he had calmed down from the edge that was present in the first verse of the two. From 'aglow', Marlon transitioned back to the 'Oohs', once again using the style described above. Smiling, he swung his body lightly in a half-loop to the audience. 

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

Taking a deep breath, Marlon began this final verse much like his first one. Starting quietly, he began building his voice throughout the lines, leading the audience to a summit, much like he was traveling up to the true stars above. Upon reaching the final lines, standing on the summit, a welcome breeze touched the peak, carrying Marlon and the audience into the wind, trailing off from where this began one final time.

39 billion metres from the stars
I've traveled through space to belong here, to search for you  
It's so bright, remarkably bright,
Over the lightyears, gracing my eyes

As the final chords of the guitar trailed off, Marlon straightened into a relaxed pose. Watching as the light-dotted blackness receded back into light, he exhaled. A short, nerve wracking silence followed. Suddenly, a mighty roar erupted from the audience as he was given a standing ovation. A huge smile breaking over his lips, Marlon raised his hands as he let his guitar fall, the strap catching on his shoulders. "Thank you, Krishrael!" He shouted, truly aiming for the stars.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Fruition (Ancient)
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fruition (Ancient) » Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 pm

30.ALLENMAN
ARTISTS: SHEMASHESHE
MELODY: PSY - GENTLEMAN

After Marlon Sora's performance is over, more attendees, waiting outside the auditorium, enter; however, all seats are filled, and they are left nowhere to sit. The security guards approach each person displaced from the auditorium seats, and each person agrees to sit on the aisles, beside each of the end seats. In fact, they sat on the aisles, until a certain point in the performance.

Stage is dark. A beam projector is slowly brought down to the stage and begins to show a clip: A skinny man and a chubby man appear wearing light black t-shirts and denim jeans. The skinny man says in front of the camera, "Hi, I'm Shema," and the chubby man says, "Hi, I'm Sheshe". Both say at the same time, "We're Shema....SheShe!"

<Clip jumps to a scene of Sheshe sleeping on the floor in his studio with his laptop in front of him.>

Sheshe gets up and says in a somewhat tired tone, "Oh man,...I just spent the entire night making lyrics for our upcoming song here. It was tiring, but it was time well spent. Hopefully, people who'll be listening to our song are excited."

<Clip jumps to a scene of Shema alone standing.>

Shema then says, "Shemasheshe means, in Fruitionist language, 'wild and lively', and with our newly-released song, [color=#0040FF]Allenman
, we want to welcome (pointing to the audience) all of you to our wild and lively world that we're gonna make right here for you. So, get ready and enjoy!"

<Screen turns black, and the beam projector is slowly brought up.>[/color]

Stage is dark. Melody starts with the spotlight on Sheshe in the center with a small microphone attached to his mouth. He begins to move his hips and knees side to side.

Di, di-di-di, di-di-di, di-di-di di-di-di, di-di-di,

Stage is entirely lit with BLUE lights towards the center and YELLOW lights towards left and right, with the lights of both colors moving back and forth. SheShe raises his hand shaped like an A and moves his hips and knees side to side.

Di, di-di-di, di-di-di, di-di-di di-di.

Shema has a hand-held microphone and begins to sing, while walking across the stage.

Sheshe sings in a deep and shouting voice:
Allen's got more life. Why?(Pats himself hard twice on his chest) 'Cause he has more skills than you,
Allen's got more laughs. Why? 'Cause he has more wins than you,
Allen's got more flair. Why? 'Cause he has more styles than you,
Allen's got more flare. Why? 'Cause he likes to party. Hey!

Shema has a hand-held microphone and walks across the stage. While he is walking across the stage, four women are walking across the stage from the left and another four from the right in this outfit.

It's like...
My re-ar! And front are filled with Allen's closest friends,
My yee-ah! Quirky, haggy, dorrr-ky, like Jenny,
Mar-ia, Anna, Dorothy, Brenda, Heather, Gertrude, Kate and,
My Leah! Damn girl, why are there so man-y!

Eventually, the two guys are at the front of the stage, moving their hips and knees side to side. Four women from the left are right behind them, moving their hips and knees side to side. Four women from the right are behind those from the left, moving their hips and knees side to side.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

Mother, Father, Allenman!

Blue lights towards the center change to green, and yellow lights towards left and right change to light orange. White mist is sprinkled from the front of the stage enough to lightly sprinkle some of the crowd at the front and middle seats. Shema, Sheshe, and the ten(Five and five) women raise their hands, shaping an A, and moving their hips and knees side to side. Crowd screams and is excited by the mist and the crazy dance.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

Then, all of them turn their backs on the stage and dance in the same way. Green lights towards the center change toyellow, and orange lights towards left and right change to scarlet.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

All of them turn to the front and start dancing(in the same way, of course) again. Sheshe starts singing and walking across the stages close to the audience, as the audience starts to reach out their hands to him. He gently touches the hands laid out to him. while he sings:

Allen's got more height. Why? 'Cause he drinks more milk than you,
Allen's got more tight. Why? 'Cause he works out more than you,
Allen's got more might. Why? 'Cause he...he? lifts more than you,
Allen's got more right. Why? 'Cause he can dance reckless. Hey!

Sheshe continues:

It's like...
Maria, oh yeah, Mary, hurry! Darling, Joannie!

Sheshe touches his head, round waist, legs, and calves. Two women lean on him from each side with their lips close to his cheeks. Two other women lean on Shema from each side the same way.
My yee-ah! That feeling, feeling good, boots up! (Everyone on stage raises one leg; left half raises left leg, and right half raises right leg.)

Shema starts singing:

It's,
his, real,... like Hulk, Sonic, Batman,... Pan'sonic Rayman,
My yee-ah! Damn girl! He's a party mafia!

The two guys are at the front of the stage, moving their hips and knees side to side. Four women from the left are right behind them, moving their hips and knees side to side. Four women from the right are behind those from the left, moving their hips and knees side to side.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

Yellow lights towards the center change back to blue
, and scarlet lights towards left and right change back to yellow. White mist is sprinkled from the front of the stage enough to lightly sprinkle some of the crowd at the front and middle seats. Shema, Sheshe, and the ten(Five and five) women raise their hands, shaping an A, and moving their hips and knees side to side. Crowd screams and is excited by the mist and the crazy dance.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

Then, all of them turn their backs on the stage and dance in the same way. Blue lights towards the center change to gray, and yellow lights towards left and right change to white.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

Shema shouts:
Gonna say, "Who's that?"
He's got some specs,
It's Al, you bet!
(points to Sheshe) That guy!

Ten women begin to surround Sheshe as to form a star, two women on each of the five corners. Light rays in White outlines of a star are formed above where the audience are, moving across the auditorium. Shema continues to sing, while the crowd begins to roar louder:

Gonna say, "Who's that?"
He's got some specs,
It's Al, you bet!
That guy! That guy! That... g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-uy!

There is a short pause. Shema shouts out, "Ladies and (pauses and takes a small breath) gentlemen, let's rock this out tonight in Shatilaurchev!" He says, "I'm your," Then, he holds the mic towards the audience, and the audience shouts...

All of a sudden, the people who have been sitting in the aisle all stand up simultaneously, face the audience sitting in each row, and start dancing the "A" dance. Ten women and Sheshe dance the "A" dance again on the stage, after forming a human star. Shema is walking across the stage, dancing close to the audience directly in front of it.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

The human star faces its back on the audiences and dances the "A" dance. The people in the aisle turn to the other row(180 degrees) and dance.

I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...
I...I...I... I'm your...

The women in the human star all separate and line the outer rim of the stage and start dancing. Sheshe heads to the center of the rim, crosses his arms, and dances with Shema at his side.

<Does the final move>

<White and Blue confetti spill down from the roof.>

While the audience cheered on the exciting performance by the duo and their backdancers, Sheshe takes a few breaths and shouts, "Thank you, Shatilaurchev!", and then he points his hand to Shema, thanking him for his part of the performance. Shema takes a glance at Sheshe, smiles, and points his hand to Sheshe and says, "Your Allen right here." Then, he gives him a friendly hug. The ten women, individually, give Shema and Sheshe friendly hugs. They all wave at the audience one more time and depart the stage.
Fruition wrote:Wow. Do you think personally NS has set you in the right path, without any doubt?
Sassinia wrote:Yes.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri May 31, 2013 1:16 am

KINGFORDIAN COMMENTARY

With
NATALIA MOLOROVSKAYA
SERGEI ARAMOV

RESERVED FOR COVERAGE OF ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC PERFORMANCE:

RUSSADONIA
Natalia: Wow an impressive debut from Russadonia!
Sergei: Dark lyrics, strobes, it had it all
Natalia: And a female skeleton
Sergei: That was a unique idea and it was effective for sure
Natalia: To vote for Russadonia add 16

ACRADDIA
Sergei: Nice debut from Acraddia
Natalia: Simple performance, that's nice but I think visually she blended in with the piano too much
Sergei: Parts of the song were almost popera, sad but heartfelt lyrics and the several changes in the tempo made it a very traditional WorldVision song.
Natalia: I liked that she actually played the piano in the song, you don't see that often it was nice to see that
Sergei: An impressive performance. I think it's one of the best we've seen tonight. I predict a good result for them
Natalia: To vote for Acraddia add 17

VACLUSE:
Sergei: That was Nadine Bjornsson from Vacluse with her song "Power"
Natalia: Something different from what we're used to seeing from them and a sense of 'pride' was shown there to say the least
Sergei: Yep, she's out and she's proud people.... I can say that, because it's in the song
Natalia: I like the hip hop dancers in the beginning, it suits it very well.
Sergei: The song is your usual schlager pop song, but it's bound to be a hit in the nightclubs. A great performance overall and a catchy song too.
Natalia: To vote for Vacluse add 18

NEW WARWICK:
Sergei: Well not what we're used to seeing for them.
Natalia: No, not at all, and the performance was quite simple wasn't it. It was just him and the guitar.
Sergei: As for the song, well it's not my thing but others may like it
Natalia: I liked it, it was a lot of fun
Sergei: To Vote for New Warwick add 19

SYRCHE
Natalia: That was nice... a nice Rnb ballad. Beautiful song, I can't fault it
Sergei: I think it's a great entry, and this could go either way... potential dark horse in my opinion
Natalia: To vote for Syrche add 20
Sergei: Up next is our Anna Jorgensen!

KINGSLEY BEDFORD
Natalia: She was fantastic wasn't she?
Sergei: Definitely... I think she nailed that performance and I must say I did like the staging. It almost made you feel like you were in Sirushostan
Natalia: Unfortunately you can't vote for your own country... so as much as you might like to support Anna, you can't. But you can cheer her on during the voting and hope for the best. The rest of the world can vote for Anna and let's hope they do
Sergei: Next up is a country returning to the contest after a long absence.. RUGENIA!!!!

RUGENIA:
Natalia: Wow! An amazing song from Rugenia, Welcome back Rugenia!
Sergei: Their song is about enjoying a night out too, just like ours, isn't that a coincidence?
Natalia: I think this could do well, and Rugenia certainly has done so in the past, they're one of only 2 countries that have won consecutively , the other being Cachette De Lions many years ago
Sergei: To vote for Rugenia add 22

Natalia: We're going to take a break and we'll be back with more soon!
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am

31: Zwangzug
"Build Me Up"
by Jeanne Ogilvie
(tune)

Jeanne Ogilvie wears a simple outfit with a black shirt and long pants. However, she also has on long, elaborate pendants of different sizes that drape down her shirt under the lights; red, blue, green, and silver. There's a group of six backup dancers, each wearing a different color of light pastel shirt with similarly dark pants.

The background screen starts displaying patterns of diagonal lines, black and yellow, pointing towards the top. They scroll up to create a "rising" effect. Jeanne dances down the row of singers, briefly touching hands with each one, as they twirl in their places independently.
Sometimes you touch me and leave me
Sometimes I just take your hand
Sometimes I need you to hold me
So I remember to stand

Jeanne waits on the side of the stage, as the dancers move to the other edge. The screen turns a dark red, with black waves scrolling across the bottom.
Have you ever done this before?
Or is it just a game?
I feel like I should know more
It's all the same...

Suddenly, the screen displays actual pictures; it's a time-lapse video of different photographs of the same house, over the course of a year. The dancers bend low, taking turns jumping over each other (kind of like leapfrog, but a little more classy) until they've joined Jeanne on the left edge of the stage.
You build me up like a tower
Like the fountain overflows
Want to watch it climb to the heavens
Like the sculpture in the snows
I'd stand my ground for a season
Just to see it always froze.

Jeanne slowly spins around, as if "bouncing" off each of the dancers, to make her way back towards the center of the stage. The screen goes back to bright patterns, small colorful circles against a dark pattern.
I know you're waiting for the sunrise
I know you're staying up all evening.
I'll wait for you all through the darkness
Just to show I'm never leaving.

Jeanne and the dancers step back; they look smaller in comparison, now, and the screen's patterns seem bigger. It's the same diagonal lines from before, but now blue and white instead of black and yellow.
Fountains
Will wash all this square
I'll climb a mountain
If you're right there...

The dancers shrink down towards the floor, Jeanne standing tall in between them as they make their way back to the front of the stage. Photographs again on the screen, this time as still images of different houses overlapping with each other until the screen is full.
That the wind will never shake
Want to race you past all the stations
Want to race you down to the lake
I'll stand my ground for a season
Just to see the early flake.

The dancers form a ring around Jeanne, at first spinning in a circle and then closing in until all are pressed pretty closely against each other. On the screen, the pictures of houses shrink to form a mosaic, eventually revealing the picture of the original house formed from their composite.
That the earth will always hold
Want to sing it out to the world now
Till they know what I've been told
Want to feel you raising me higher
Because that never gets old.
Never old, never old...

"Thank you, Shatilaurchev!" Jeanne smiles, as they leave.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates