NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country. MMW A10

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Fri May 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
Where did you hear that?

The .30-06 is superior at range to the 7.62x51, but at realistic combat distances (well, below 200m), the two are really damned close to one another.

I see I need to do another break down.

Heres a story for ya.

Can't remember. But there's a reason no country I can think of still uses the .30-06.

Too long.
That'd be my guess.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:The FN FAL is better than the M14 in my opinion, though I prefer intermediary rounds overall. The M14 was just a bad idea, perpetuated by the US not wanting to use someone else's gun. Really it was stupid politics.

Heres a story for ya.

I swear after WWII the US Army went around going "This looks like a nice weapon design that everyone else is using. Guess we have to shaft it!" Same thing happened with the .280 British. "Whats that a lighter bullet, that has good performance? Can't have that, might make our soldier week, lets force the 7.62x51 down everyones throat!"
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
Where did you hear that?

The .30-06 is superior at range to the 7.62x51, but at realistic combat distances (well, below 200m), the two are really damned close to one another.

Heres a story for ya.

Can't remember. But there's a reason no country I can think of still uses the .30-06.

Because it offered exuberant recoil vs. the .308 and lessons learned in World War II brought an end to the days of the full powered rifle cartridges like the .30-06, 8mm Mauser and 7.62x54r in mainline rifle roles for most major world powers by the 1950s. When the world moved, they took that little step down to the 7.62x51, which offers a 20% reduction in overall recoil from a similar weight rifle. The .30-06 saw use right up until 1986-ish in the form of the Winchester model 70 in Marine Snipers. When time came for marksman rifles, it made a logical choice to use the same caliber already being made in MMGs and Battle Rifles rather than keep a round that was replaced by said round.
The .30-06 could very well still be used by any military force if it was needed (And indeed it most likely is used by several 3rd world military forces and militias today I'm sure), but the world moved in the direction of 7.62x51
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri May 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:

I swear after WWII the US Army went around going "This looks like a nice weapon design that everyone else is using. Guess we have to shaft it!" Same thing happened with the .280 British. "Whats that a lighter bullet, that has good performance? Can't have that, might make our soldier week, lets force the 7.62x51 down everyones throat!"

They had a valid reason for going with the M14 is you noticed: It was supposed to be able to be made on M1 machinery, which is a HUGE pro for any military ever. And also it required minimal re-training of soldiers, which was also a sound standpoint. It got booted shortly after but today proves to be one of the most versatile rifles in service. Like it or not, you can hate it all you want but the M14 is here to stay, and you wont be getting rid of it until (guess) 2030 for military service, and civilians will use it for ages.

Goodbye.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:I swear after WWII the US Army went around going "This looks like a nice weapon design that everyone else is using. Guess we have to shaft it!" Same thing happened with the .280 British. "Whats that a lighter bullet, that has good performance? Can't have that, might make our soldier week, lets force the 7.62x51 down everyones throat!"

They had a valid reason for going with the M14 is you noticed: It was supposed to be able to be made on M1 machinery, which is a HUGE pro for any military ever. And also it required minimal re-training of soldiers, which was also a sound standpoint. It got booted shortly after but today proves to be one of the most versatile rifles in service. Like it or not, you can hate it all you want but the M14 is here to stay, and you wont be getting rid of it until (guess) 2030 for military service, and civilians will use it for ages.

I understand its popularity now. It is a good gun, I just don't like that it was made in the first place. Yes they had their reasons for it, but I just feel that those reasons were also backed up by political decisions before hand.

Maybe I'm still sore over the fact we didn't go with the .276 Pedersen back after WWI. That was a cartridge we should have taken up.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

United Republics of Aralon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of Aralon » Fri May 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Fordorsia wrote:The deed is done.
I didn't do a magazine because I couldn't be bothered after I couldn't find any that would fit that wasn't you standard-looking magazine.

(Image)

Lower Receiver: HK417
Upper Receiver: MG13
Stock: MG42
Pistol Grip: FN FAL
Handguard: Gewehr 43
Barrel: PPSH-41
Bayonet: Baker Rifle Sword Bayonet

It's not the worst thing I've drawn, but it's not the best. Looks like some sort of Cold War battle rifle to me.

There is going Ford, and then there is going full metal Ford.
Last edited by United Republics of Aralon on Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-I admittedly suk at typing.-
Liberal-Social Democrat, I believe a social net is necessary and that income tax above 25% is unethical as is VAT over 20%
unhelpful definition of the year award, by Cowardly Pacifist
Allies: The Mikill-Jarlhold of Ulfr-Reich
Raise awareness of the Mean World Syndrome! Spread the word!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome
Igitur, qui legis haec lineas, iustus consumpta quinque minutes ut instar sicco contumeliam,ego magnopere respiciunt tibi, fili canis.

United Republics of Aralon
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of Aralon » Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Benomia wrote:
United Republics of Aralon wrote:'60s spacegun of much glory

9mm NATO or 7N21?

9mm Parabellum. It is not exact NATO standard nor 7N21 for early versions. It is a regular 9mm round manufactured to URA specs with about 540 Joules of energy and a 120 gr FMJ bullet. And a steel core armor piercing +P round for earlier versions.
Versions produced from the 1980ies use 7N21 and the likes.(+P+ rounds).
Last edited by United Republics of Aralon on Fri May 24, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-I admittedly suk at typing.-
Liberal-Social Democrat, I believe a social net is necessary and that income tax above 25% is unethical as is VAT over 20%
unhelpful definition of the year award, by Cowardly Pacifist
Allies: The Mikill-Jarlhold of Ulfr-Reich
Raise awareness of the Mean World Syndrome! Spread the word!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome
Igitur, qui legis haec lineas, iustus consumpta quinque minutes ut instar sicco contumeliam,ego magnopere respiciunt tibi, fili canis.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri May 24, 2013 5:20 pm

United Republics of Aralon wrote:
Benomia wrote:
9mm NATO or 7N21?

9mm Parabellum. It is not exact NATO standard nor 7N21 for early versions. It is a regular 9mm round manufactured to URA specs with about 540 Joules of energy and a 120 gr FMJ bullet. And a steel core armor piercing +P round for earlier versions.
Versions produced from the 1980ies use 7N21 and the likes.(+P+ rounds).

7N21>9x19 NATO (AKA 9mm Parabellum). The two are the same, but NATO has a specific load. 9mm NATO just became the functioning name.

Goodbye.

The Advancers
Envoy

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Advancers » Fri May 24, 2013 5:35 pm

There is a distinct lack of Firefly in this thread.

Allow me to correct that.

M-815-12C Marlin IV
Type: Lever-action rifle
Origin: Barrett-Winters FMC
Calibre: 6.5x35 Barrett-Winters HMR
Safety: Safe/Fire
Sights: 2:1 pillar iron sights (ESI "Leo" VRMS fitted over rear sights)

Based on a modernized Marlin lever-action rifle, the M-815-12C is popular with sport shooters and free traders everywhere. With its unique integrated four-tube manually-revolving magazine, it is well-suited to tight quarters; hunters can reload without moving their aim or disturbing their cover, and shipboard users can reload from pockets or ammo belts, rather than bothering with bulky detachable magazines.

About the magazine:
The magazine consists of four tubes, which revolve on a ratchet. To load it, you feed in 5 rounds to a tube via the (left-side on this right-handed example) feeding port, operate the lever with the safety on, which brings round the next tube, and repeat. Once all tubes are loaded, operate the lever once with the safety off. This chambers one round, and brings the partially-empty tube to the feed port for topping up.

Credit to Ulfr and Ford for helping me make this NotCrap™ o7
FT colony in an MT/PMT world. Corporate-backed bureaucratic government. State mercenaries available. Contact the Foreign Affairs Administrate for information.

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey, Ford. Have all the parts for the HeresyGun now? :P
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 5:49 pm

United Republics of Aralon wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:The deed is done.
I didn't do a magazine because I couldn't be bothered after I couldn't find any that would fit that wasn't you standard-looking magazine.

(Image)

Lower Receiver: HK417
Upper Receiver: MG13
Stock: MG42
Pistol Grip: FN FAL
Handguard: Gewehr 43
Barrel: PPSH-41
Bayonet: Baker Rifle Sword Bayonet

It's not the worst thing I've drawn, but it's not the best. Looks like some sort of Cold War battle rifle to me.

There is going Ford, and then there is going full metal Ford.

None can go Ford like Ford, as Ford is Ford on a daily basis.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Fri May 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:
Where did you hear that?

Heres a story for ya.

I'm surprised you didn't lash out and assault the 'lolfalsucks' posters.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:09 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't lash out and assault the 'lolfalsucks' posters.

Well, I don't think they were exactly like that. I think my acceptance towards my FALcaholism is restraining me somewhat too.

So glorious, so magnificent. Few things can match the sheer brilliance of the subject of this picture.

Rhodesian shorts sure are great.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Saphirasia wrote:Hey, Ford. Have all the parts for the HeresyGun now? :P

I made my quota, although there can never been enough heresy.

Especially since that gun is so heretical that it's actually came full circle and is very much anti-heretical.

Heresy maths. Can't beat.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Fri May 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Best bit about Rhodie shorts is the fact the men had to be ordered to stop wearing them, that and the ridiculous level of impracticality for the enviroment.
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:Heresy?

Nagatory.

Beware: Giga-Heresy below us.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Nagatory.

Good, because then I'd have had to fight you :p.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Kalumba wrote:Best bit about Rhodie shorts is the fact the men had to be ordered to stop wearing them, that and the ridiculous level of impracticality for the enviroment.

Did their glorious sex appeal bring too many females that gave away their position?

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Nagatory.

Good, because then I'd have had to fight you :p.

Ha! Dost thou jest?

Everyone and their FN FAL knows that Ford can only be defeated at the hands of Ford weapons.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Fri May 24, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Nagatory.

But I like that heresy. Guess I'm going to have to go shoot myself.
Fact Book.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

Nagatory.

Could be easily fixed by removing shitty aftermarket hand guard, either under barrel, and the stupid commando clip.
Unreachable.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Nagatory.

But I like that heresy. Guess I'm going to have to go shoot myself.

Use the Mess Rock instead.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Nagatory.

Could be easily fixed by removing shitty aftermarket hand guard, either under barrel, and the stupid commando clip.

Once you put a foregrip on such a short handguard, it no longer counts as a handguard.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Did their glorious sex appeal bring too many females that gave away their position?

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

If I can figure out how to put that in my signature, I will.

Your words cannot sway me from my goal.

Edit for Fordy defense porn.

Last edited by Fordorsia on Fri May 24, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information