NATION

PASSWORD

The Spectator|De Zuskouwe (Newspaper) [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Spectator|De Zuskouwe (Newspaper) [NSG Senate]

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome to the unofficial newspaper of the NSG Senate- The Spectator! Dedicated to providing both unbiased reporting and perspective inputs from senators across the political spectrum, The Spectator is the number source for reliable reporting and the opinions of the people who represent you!

Rules for Article Submission:

1. You must categorize your article as either "factual" or "perspective"; if you're submitting it as factual, please don't include any of your own opinions. If you bring up the reactions of certain parties it would be best to do the same for all ends of the political spectrum so as to avoid bias. You may write whatever you like in a perspective article, however it is highly recommended that you remain civil and avoid "mud-slinging" and provably false accusations.

2. Every article you write must pertain to events occurring within or having occurred within the NSG Senate or to the status of the NSG Senate.

3. You may comment on articles or respond to others' comments on articles however you wish, but again you should remain civil and avoid provably false accusations.

4. You may apply to be an official reporter for the newspaper or submit articles as a freelance writer.

5. Ideally, articles should be at least two paragraphs long, preferably longer, however we leave it to the author to let their creative will decide the length of the article.

Feel free to start submitting articles at will. If you intend to be a regular contributor, just ask to be added as a member and it shall be done. Remember to categorize your article before submitting it.
Last edited by Greater Pokarnia on Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Last edited by Greater Pokarnia on Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 am, edited 12 times in total.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Can I apply to be a reporter?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:Can I apply to be a reporter?

You're in.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun May 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Il writr something later (read, morning)
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun May 19, 2013 6:37 pm

To submit an article, do we tg it to you or just post it?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Diopolis wrote:To submit an article, do we tg it to you or just post it?

Either/or. You can just post it in the thread with he category for submission and it'll be approved as long as it isn't wildly uncivil.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:To submit an article, do we tg it to you or just post it?

Either/or. You can just post it in the thread with he category for submission and it'll be approved as long as it isn't wildly uncivil.

OK thanks.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun May 19, 2013 6:51 pm

PERSPECTIVES
CONSCRIPTION: AN INDEFENSIBLE EVIL

By Minami Hidaka

It has come to my attention that the so called "National Security Act" includes provisions that allow the conscription in certain circumstances. As a democratic nation with a strong tradition of liberty, freedom, and equal rights for all, we cannot allow this dangerous bill to pass through our great Senate.

Conscription is an act of the state in which it enslaves the people to serve its own needs. Proponents of conscription will argue that the necessity of the state's survival overrides the natural rights to freedom and liberty that are possessed by every man, woman, and child. This argument is hinged entirely on one fatally flawed concept: the concept that the needs of the state are more important than the needs of the people. Essentially, they are arguing that it is the duty of the people to serve the state.

This could not be more wrong. Governments exist solely to serve the people: "a government of, by, and for the people". As such, if a government is properly taking care of its people, then there should be plenty of volunteers stepping up to defend it from threats. When a government cannot get enough volunteers to keep its army functioning without conscription, then that government is doing something seriously wrong, and it should not continue to exist. A government that must capture and enslave its people in order to win its wars, is a government that doesn't deserve to exist at all.

We cannot allow our great nation, with over a millennium of glorious history, to sink to the level of enslavement to the state. People of Aurentina, I urge you all to oppose this oppressive, coercive bill! Call your senators, mail them, do whatever it takes to get the message across that we will not tolerate this blatant violation of our natural liberties and freedoms!

Minami Hidaka is the chairman of the Libertarian Freedom Party and a guest editor for The Spectator. Contact her at mhidaka@lfpaurentina.org.

Image Share Image Tweet Image Comment
Last edited by Regnum Dominae on Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Ironrite
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironrite » Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

May I apply? I'll have a post up today or tommorow :)
[signature]

South Ironrite Puppet (Far-Right lol) - South_Ironrite

Proud Member of the Liberal-Democrats in the NSG Senate. Ambassador to the National Centrist Party

Tekania wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Because some people are under the impression that you have to read him his rights AS YOU ARREST HIM NO MATTER WHAT, even if he's bleeding out from a bullet hole in his neck and was subsequently sedated for a few days.

"Do you understand your rights as I have explained them to you?"

"(bubbling noises)"

Two gurgles for yes, one for no.
Social Democratic Cosmopolitan
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
http://www.nstracker.net/?nation=Ironrite

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Ironrite wrote:May I apply? I'll have a post up today or tommorow :)

You're in.

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun May 19, 2013 7:04 pm

I could be a pretty good right-wing perspective/editorial author for The Spectator. You might want to find a left-wing counterpart before a hellstorm is unleashed for "bias".

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:I could be a pretty good right-wing perspective/editorial author for The Spectator. You might want to find a left-wing counterpart before a hellstorm is unleashed for "bias".

Bah, the whole point of this newspaper it that it allows bias, and labels it as such (dividing articles between factual and perspective). This is meant to be a place for everyone to voice their opinion.

Anyways, you're in.

Timsvill
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Timsvill » Sun May 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:
Royalsoldiers wrote:I could be a pretty good right-wing perspective/editorial author for The Spectator. You might want to find a left-wing counterpart before a hellstorm is unleashed for "bias".

Bah, the whole point of this newspaper it that it allows bias, and labels it as such (dividing articles between factual and perspective). This is meant to be a place for everyone to voice their opinion.

Anyways, you're in.

So whats the point of this?
Right Wing Libertarian

“I love my country, not my government.”
― Jesse Ventura

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:

Anyways, you're in.

Will I be allowed to do a factual piece too?

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Timsvill wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:

Anyways, you're in.

So whats the point of this?

Basically, people writing articles about the events/status of the NSG Senate. People can write factual articles or opinionated ones, but they will be labelled accordingly.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:

Anyways, you're in.

Will I be allowed to do a factual piece too?

Of course! You can write factual and perspective articles. It's important that this newspaper provide facts alongside the opinions.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Can I join?
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Can I join?

You're in.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun May 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Can I join, as well?

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Othelos wrote:Can I join, as well?

Welcome in.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
PERSPECTIVES

By Minami Hidaka

It has come to my attention that the so called "National Security Act" includes provisions that allow the conscription in certain circumstances. As a democratic nation with a strong tradition of liberty, freedom, and equal rights for all, we cannot allow this dangerous bill to pass through our great Senate.

Conscription is an act of the state in which it enslaves the people to serve its own needs. Proponents of conscription will argue that the necessity of the state's survival overrides the natural rights to freedom and liberty that are possessed by every man, woman, and child. This argument is hinged entirely on one fatally flawed concept: the concept that the needs of the state are more important than the needs of the people. Essentially, they are arguing that it is the duty of the people to serve the state.

This could not be more wrong. Governments exist solely to serve the people: "a government of, by, and for the people". As such, if a government is properly taking care of its people, then there should be plenty of volunteers stepping up to defend it from threats. When a government cannot get enough volunteers to keep its army functioning without conscription, then that government is doing something seriously wrong, and it should not continue to exist. A government that must capture and enslave its people in order to win its wars, is a government that doesn't deserve to exist at all.

We cannot allow our great nation, with over a millennium of glorious history, to sink to the level of enslavement to the state. People of Aurentina, I urge you all to oppose this oppressive, coercive bill! Call your senators, mail them, do whatever it takes to get the message across that we will not tolerate this blatant violation of our natural liberties and freedoms!

Minami Hidaka is the chairman of the Libertarian Freedom Party and a guest editor for The Spectator. Contact her at mhidaka@lfpaurentina.org.

(Image) Share (Image) Tweet (Image) Comment

My first article is ready for submission. Also, you can see that I've made a nice little template that makes The Spectator look a bit like your typical online newspaper.
Last edited by Regnum Dominae on Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:
PERSPECTIVES

By Minami Hidaka

(Image) Share (Image) Tweet (Image) Comment

My first article is ready for submission. Also, you can see that I've made a nice little template that makes The Spectator look a bit like your typical online newspaper.

Submission accepted! Your article is linked in the third OP.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:My first article is ready for submission. Also, you can see that I've made a nice little template that makes The Spectator look a bit like your typical online newspaper.

Submission accepted! Your article is linked in the third OP.

Thanks! Once we have enough articles, I'll get to work on designing a front page.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives