NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the South Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Hileville
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Embassy of the South Pacific

Postby Hileville » Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm

The South Pacific
Forum ~ Chat

Transition Government the South Pacific
Delegate: Hileville
Vice Delegate: Imkitopia
Minister of Defense: Siberian Districts
Minister of Regional Affairs: Scyllaland
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Pacific Sopo
Legislative Liaison and Convention Co-Chair: SJS Republic
Legislative Liaison and Convention Co-Chair: Awesomiasa
Last edited by Hileville on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:44 am, edited 18 times in total.
Hileville

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

For a min I was like, "I thought they already had a thread?.." but then I remembered. Nice to see The South Pacific back on its feet again.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Fri May 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Feux wrote:For a min I was like, "I thought they already had a thread?.." but then I remembered. Nice to see The South Pacific back on its feet again.

Yeah. We are back on our feet again and will have an update(s) soon. The OP will be updated with more information when I have some extra time next week.
Hileville

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Will the South Pacific be issuing a statement regarding the Pacific's new Foreign Affairs attache?
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific
in regards to Relations with The Pacific

It is with great sadness that we are faced with the evaluation of relationships with regions we called friends while attempting to recover from the heinous actions of Milograd.  The Pacific has long been considered a close friend and ally of The South Pacific, most recently being formally allied under the Modern Pacific Alliance. However, our relationship goes back much further, with almost a decade of close friendship between us. The Coalition and her Army took up arms to aid The Pacific when asked in January of this year. For us, it was not imaginable that should The Pacific be threatened that we would not come to their aid when asked. In reverse, we could not imagine them failing to heed our own call should it be issued; such was the historic ties of friendship between our regions. 

However, when Milograd began his coup and campaign of terror, The Pacific chose to instead push off the actions of Milograd as a mere internal matter that the natives - who were being ejected and banned from their home - would need to figure out. As an entire GCR community was purged, and replaced on mass with an imported UCR one to pile and prop up a petty tyrant, The Pacific sat back and watched. As prominent members of The Pacific joined in Milograd's coup, or sat back and cheered him on from the sidelines, we sat back and wondered; when would The Pacific take action? When would their declared principles, our ten years of shared history, our own recent commitments to them, any of that matter? What would it take The Pacific to get of the fence? The answer was that nothing would bring them off the fence. Today The South Pacific truly knows how much The Pacific values our friendship, how much their own supposed principles matter to them.

The Cabinet is in agreement that the actions of The Pacific were far from what we consider to be those an ally or a friend. Therefore effective immediately all relations with The Pacific are severed completely.  The in-game and forum Embassies of The Pacific are to be closed immediately.  Feeder solidarity was tested and The Pacific has been found wanting.

The Cabinet of the South Pacific
Hileville

Luxembourg
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg » Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Hileville wrote:
(Image)

It is with great sadness that we are faced with the evaluation of relationships with regions we called friends while attempting to recover from the heinous actions of Milograd.  The Pacific has long been considered a close friend and ally of The South Pacific, most recently being formally allied under the Modern Pacific Alliance. However, our relationship goes back much further, with almost a decade of close friendship between us. The Coalition and her Army took up arms to aid The Pacific when asked in January of this year. For us, it was not imaginable that should The Pacific be threatened that we would not come to their aid when asked. In reverse, we could not imagine them failing to heed our own call should it be issued; such was the historic ties of friendship between our regions. 

However, when Milograd began his coup and campaign of terror, The Pacific chose to instead push off the actions of Milograd as a mere internal matter that the natives - who were being ejected and banned from their home - would need to figure out. As an entire GCR community was purged, and replaced on mass with an imported UCR one to pile and prop up a petty tyrant, The Pacific sat back and watched. As prominent members of The Pacific joined in Milograd's coup, or sat back and cheered him on from the sidelines, we sat back and wondered; when would The Pacific take action? When would their declared principles, our ten years of shared history, our own recent commitments to them, any of that matter? What would it take The Pacific to get of the fence? The answer was that nothing would bring them off the fence. Today The South Pacific truly knows how much The Pacific values our friendship, how much their own supposed principles matter to them.

The Cabinet is in agreement that the actions of The Pacific were far from what we consider to be those an ally or a friend. Therefore effective immediately all relations with The Pacific are severed completely.  The in-game and forum Embassies of The Pacific are to be closed immediately.  Feeder solidarity was tested and The Pacific has been found wanting.

To sum that up -

If you want a carrot Krull get it yourself next time you're on your own.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Statement from the Cabinet of The South Pacific
in regards to Relations with The West Pacific

It is common knowledge that the relationship between The South Pacific and The West Pacific have been far form exemplary during the past few years.  It is also publicly known that the South Pacific has attempted to repair relationships several times over that period, having instigated on multiple occasions peace talks in 2011 to end the war The West Pacific started and pursued against us. It has however became clear to us that despite our best efforts, and private and public assurances to the contrary from The West Pacific, no real progress has been made since 2011. At the first opportunity when The South Pacific appeared vulnerable the real opinions and beliefs of The West Pacific became clear.

As many of you will know, Milograd, The South Pacific's Delegate, went rogue in April 2013, and for a period of eleven days conducted mass purges of TSP natives, unilaterally declared all laws void, and began a process of importing masses of UCR nations to replace the GCR community he was attempting to destroy

During the coup The West Pacific's government actively and directly supported Milograd and his 'South Pacific Social Republic', despite transparent attempts to claim neutrality. Their statement in our embassy chose to recognize Milograd's regime and actions as legitimate. The West Pacific described the coup as an "internal matter", while at the same time numerous prominent members of their government moved into The South Pacific to endorse Milograd and support his rule. While we understand that some may wish to abandon GCR independence  and instead hand over control of a Pacific Region to UCR's - The NationStates Republic comes to mind - The West Pacific should have been well aware that the native community The South Pacific would not consider the mass importation of foreign WA's to prop up a tyrant delegate an "internal matter".

The blatantly hostile activities of The West Pacific will not be tolerated by The South Pacific. The actions of The West Pacific during Milograd's coup are not compatible with friendly relations, and nor are the continued hostility of The West Pacific towards our legitimate Government and the independence of our great region. Therefore the Cabinet unanimously orders the closure of the in-game and forum Embassies of The West Pacific. Furthermore, the Cabinet gives all agents and nations of The West Pacific, in particular those of TAO and Darkesia, twenty-four hours to depart from the region. The presence of hostile agents of a hostile government will not be tolerated in The South Pacific. Your continued and seditious attempts to undermine the region, and active efforts in spreading falsehoods regarding The Coalition, have not gone unnoticed.

The Cabinet of The South Pacific
Hileville

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Fri May 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank God.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Fri May 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Statement from the Cabinet of The South Pacific
in regards to Relations with Gatesville

Having taken note of the actions of the government of Gatesville during the Milograd coup, including but not limited to the recognition of 'The South Pacific Social Republic' as the legitimate government and the deployment of members of the Gatesville Guard to The South Pacific in support of Milograd, the Cabinet of The South Pacific has no option but to consider Gatesville a hostile entity. As such the Cabinet orders the immediate severance of all diplomatic recognition of Gatesville and the closure of our embassy.

The Cabinet of The South Pacific
Hileville

Pestarzt the Traveller
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pestarzt the Traveller » Fri May 10, 2013 10:26 pm

What? Punk Daddy, who happens one of our guardians, supported the old TSP government. This is an over-reaction.

Hileville wrote:Furthermore, the Cabinet gives all agents and nations of The West Pacific, in particular those of TAO and Darkesia, twenty-four hours to depart from the region.

--TAO-- was contributing. I suppose disagreeing with the Coalition's inner party is "sedition" though, right? :roll:
westpacific.org

B Wolf
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Sat May 11, 2013 12:57 am

Everyone likes a winner.

Milo showed up TSP, made the region a circus, and made the forum and so-called security types look like fools.

At that point, a following was guaranteed.

Once again, nothing out of TSP post-coup save for meaningless indictments and sore loser behavior.

Why hasn't your government, after this dreadful security breach and embarrassment, made any statement on how you are going to improve as a region going forward?

It seems to me your allies should reevaluate their relationship with you.

If I'm an ally of TSP, after seeing how poorly you have handled the coup and its aftermath, my question would be do I really want to be in an alliance with these amateurs?

Over the army of Gatesville? Over the impenetrable stability of the Pacific?

I think not. Let's see a forward plan of action.

It's time or TSP to stick its chin up instead of continuing to just sit and rub its bruised behind.
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

Pupils on flyby when I saw her
Some kind of mind-myth I was on her
My
Andromeda, but feel me it was a trap
She got me chained up got my mind snapped
Didn't realize I ain't got the size to save her
Now she's the monster ~ I'm wishing I could defy time
But like Heraclitus said, "That shit don't rhyme!"
Banned from the North Pacific and North Pacific -Zemnaya Svoboda is on my nuts.

Aurum and Argentum
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurum and Argentum » Sat May 11, 2013 1:30 am

A major fail of diplomatic engagement. War on one front is a serious matter, opening a multiple theater is asking for a spanking.

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 am

Mendacious behavior like this from the South Pacific Oligarchy is not only expected but proof of the point that support for the former Delegate Milograd, elected by the forumite prevaricators, was the correct and proper thing to do. Speaking only as the former Delegate of The West Pacific I thank the current leadership of the South Pacific for closing their Embassy with our region it is certainly inappropriate to have diplomatic relations with a region so dedicated to dictatorship by the forumite. It is the only honest activity they've taken during this entire sordid episode they've inflicted upon the NS world.
Eli

--TAO--
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby --TAO-- » Sat May 11, 2013 6:03 am

TAO forgives TSP for its lack of knowledge and its lack of understanding. TAO is saddened that, having only just returned to this forum, TAO is once again denied all but miniscule access.

THe leaders of this community should consider this: TO BE CONSIDERED A FRIEND, YOU MUST FIRST BE FRIENDLY. The TSP has always been a 'cold' forum. This was felt back in 2004/2005. While there are members who are kind and friendly, this is not often the case in TSP. TAO came here to reopen a door. After years away from this forum, I reentered in good faith and decided to do what I could to assist this community with rebuilding a stronger region. I do not consider my contributions a waste of time. If anything, TAO's participation opened conversations for improvement.

So now, the same leaders who took control of the region to free it claiming "We are nothing like Milograd!" are becoming more Milograd than Milograd and choosing to eject any who disagree with them ... and a few who perhaps do agree.

TAO will not leave TSP on his own ... do your worst ... it is what TSP does.

(TAO would like to thank Hileville, MCM, and Todd for being welcoming and supportive. TAO hopes to return the favor someday.)

--TAO--
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby --TAO-- » Sat May 11, 2013 6:15 am

Oops ... Forgot to say thanks also to HEM. TAO likes the WA rankings links you brought over to this forum from 'a different' forum.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sat May 11, 2013 6:42 am

Hileville wrote:
(Image)

So your FA guy attempts to coup TP and you expect us to give a flying **** about anything you say? We don't owe you a thing. Keep your own house in order. Thank you for severing all relations, it'll save us from pretending to give two ***** about you and your pathetic excuse for a government.
Last edited by Karpathos on Sat May 11, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat May 11, 2013 8:08 am

So your FA guy attempts to coup TP and you expect us to give a flying **** about anything you say? We don't owe you a thing. Keep your own house in order. Thank you for severing all relations, it'll save us from pretending to give two ***** about you and your pathetic excuse for a government.

Is that an official response from TP? :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sat May 11, 2013 9:13 am

No what TP does is send Karp out to say what they really mean, then get Gaspo to cover for his ass a little bit later.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

Frankly, when I saw the Embassy withdrawl and these statements written from a perspective of ignorance on behalf of TSP, I didn't know whether to laugh or yawn.

I decided to yawn and go to bed.

TSP elected it's 'problem' itself, and yet thinks other regions can tell players what to do. That's entertainment.

Among players in TWP were some that supported Milo, and some players that opposed Milo. We choose to respect all players by remaining neutral as a government.

The West Pacific respects the rights of all players to their opinion and their right to play the game of NationStates as they individually see fit. We respect national sovereignty, including that of the Delegate. We respect NationStates game mechanics and rules. When NationStates shows Milograd as the Delegate of TSP, we recognize it. We are just as quick to recognize when Brutland and Norden is designated as Delegate by NationStates mechanics. This is a simple recognition of NS reality, not "blatantly hostile activities".

The TSP Coalition does not appear to recognize individual rights and sovereignty, but rather expects everyone to be subjected to the whims of offsite forums unrecognized by the game of NationStates. This is an insult to the majority of NS players that have nothing to do with offsite forums. Your efforts would be better spent engaging the nations of TSP to teach them the game and provide them with opportunities for greater involvement if they wish.

If Brutland and Norden wants to banject TAO or any other nation, that is his right and his business, and is not a matter for the TWP Government (and TAO is not a member of the TWP Government.) Take responsibility for your own region.
Westwind of All Good People
Three Time World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Co-Founder and Emeritus Rex Westwind of Equilism

The West Pacific Forum: http://twp.nosync.org
Equilism Forum: http://www.equilism.org.forum

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 am

Cromarty wrote:No what TP does is send Karp out to say what they really mean, then get Gaspo to cover for his ass a little bit later.

Truth hurts. Gaspo only hands out the preparation H when I get through with the thin-skinned masses.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Brutland and Norden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Brutland and Norden » Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 am

Office of the Delegate of the South Pacific

We would like the clarify some of our recent statements regarding Gatesville. The statement in question appears to have caused confusion.

As such, we would like to clarify that we recognize that the appearance of several members of Gatesville in support of Milograd did not constitute a formal deployment of the Gatesville Guard in support of the coup. Contrary to our previous statement, Gatesville did not offer formal and full material support to Milograd and his coup.

As the Delegate of the South Pacific, I have ultimate responsibility for the actions of my region. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Gatesville and to anyone who might have been upset by the inaccuracy of the statement.

Hopefully this would help end the misunderstanding between two great regions. By apologizing for mistakes, re-establishing diplomatic relations, and recognition of each others' governments, the relationship between South Pacific and Gatesville will blossom.

Thank you very much!

Brutland and Norden
Delegate of the South Pacific
the United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden
la Rinnosso Unnona di Norden e Marchòbrutellia
the Nation --- Wiki --- Factbook --- the North Pacific --- News
Embassies -- Do Business With Us! --- Come Visit Us!
Companies: Medici Health Care Conglomerate
Join our Visa Waiver Program!
---
What's with your big tummy, Miss Prime Minister?
Economic Left/Right: -2.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26
Moral Order: -2.5 Moral Rules: -1
-----
Csak Isten ítélhet meg engem.

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Sat May 11, 2013 10:20 am

Not all that excited that my very public and very sincere support of the coalition was not even mentioned in the statement against TWP.

I am not happy about that at all. Obviously, a number of TWP members supported Milo's government, but I certainly did not and believed his logical reasoning was horribly flawed.

While I understand the sentiment of TSP in this instance, I believe you are making a diplomatic mistake.

Oh, and as for TP not showing up...thank you, mindboggling it took this long for you all to make such a proclamation.

EDIT: And the swipe at the NationStates Republic, was unnessary. It was an alliance that lasted nearly two years, an experiment that ultimately died. It certainly did not die the quick death many predicted and I, for one, am proud to have dared to try to change the game.
Last edited by Punk Daddy on Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man, the myth, the legend.

People United Together
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby People United Together » Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 am

For those member of TP, TWP and Gatesville that have replied with "I don't care," or "good riddance:"

If you really do not care, why do you put forth the effort to post?

Since you posted replies, you admit your own interest in TSP's severance of ties, so your claims that you don't care are negated. Further, Milograd's "protest" was a protest against nations with high influence in-game, so that could possibly mean you. I hope you figure out who are actually your friends, since Milo's actions lend to the idea that he wouldn't have helped you if your own delegate went rogue and ejected you.

I can't wait to see your replies, since you people are self-important, mindless robots.
Put, an impertinent nobody.

Repeal SC#109

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 am

People United Together wrote:If you really do not care, why do you put forth the effort to post?

Because it's a game and posting is how you play it. ;)
Retired

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 am

Milograd wrote:
People United Together wrote:If you really do not care, why do you put forth the effort to post?

Because it's a game and posting is how you play it. ;)

Exactly. Welcome to NS politics.
Westwind of All Good People
Three Time World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Co-Founder and Emeritus Rex Westwind of Equilism

The West Pacific Forum: http://twp.nosync.org
Equilism Forum: http://www.equilism.org.forum

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay