NATION

PASSWORD

Rex Venit: A Royal Treaty (TG entry, Councordia/Isarabaeum)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Rex Venit: A Royal Treaty (TG entry, Councordia/Isarabaeum)

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:25 am

This is an RP between Councordia and Isarabaeum to establish diplomatic and personal relations. TG to join

And I leave it to the host country to frame our humble story...
<<Puppet of Adventus Secundus and Gratia Infinita>>

His Highness King Friedrich Sautter III
Crown Prince Martin Sautter
His Highness Prince Willhelm Duke of Falkbarsch.

IC population: 12 Million

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Letter of invitation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

As the King began to write one night to another, he thought he should be formal - for once - so instead of writing with a crayon, he wrote to the other with a fine, old fashioned quill - tipped pen.

"Dear your Majesty," he began to write - while he had his wife overlook it for help -
"We would consider it a great honor if you came to our country, for we have very a many things for you to indulge in here. If you are like me myself, then there is near an infinite amount of soda to drink here, beautiful parks to visit, and you can even meet my constituents if you would like to as well! My Ministry is an interesting one full of people from far over and there are a different kinds of people here to learn about! Ever met a cyborg, for example? We have them here! Like boating? My city of Marina will love you, then, for it is our biggest port and beach city that we have that emphasizes on trade! Even better, there is a mote built within it, too! Anyhow, by the way - consider this your invite, too! As proof of so, hold onto this letter and show me it when it is time that we meet, so that I do not confuse you for one of the other Kings that I know too, alright? It would also help if you told me your name or titles that you prefer to go by ahead of time. For example, my FULL name is Aduitor - Vasil Vanitas - but I prefer to go by just Vasil, alright? Thanks!"

After that, he gave the letter to his personal emissary after his wife approved it, and via his emissary named Gorz, his horse, and his ship - he got the letter to the other, in which he did in person on foot, too.
Last edited by Isarabaeum on Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Kongisberg, Councordia
"So." His Highness Friedrich Sautter III set the letter under Wilhelm's nose. "This is what we got from The King of Isarabaeum just a few days ago. I'm surprised it's not written in crayon. His majesty tends to have an aversion to being taken seriously."
Willhelm nearly spurted his milk out his nose. "Vater! That's not very nice to say of a fellow monarch!"
"But true." His Majesty's tone was dry. "Wilhelm, I have a job for you. A responsibility."
"What is it, vater?" Immediately all joking was gone from the young Prince's tone, and he looked up at the king with seriousness in his blue eyes. Friedrich could not help but smile. Wilhelm may have wisdom and intelligence, but his innocence belied his age and status.

"I need you to go there an establish relations with Isarabaeum. It's just a trade treaty, mostly. I think it's time we set out to have some acquaintance with the world around us, beyond simple communiques. Your brother did well in Page, now I need you to try this. For me."

"Yes, Vater. Only..."

"Yes?"

"Martin got to fly an Adler out there...can I?"

"Of course. I'll send notice of your coming. You'll have a pilot and two of the Wolf Pack, which is better than Martin got."

Isarabaeum

The Adler SWJC was the pride of the Councordian arms industry. Black, sleek, and as fast as a jet in linear flight, it could hold ten men in its hold with ease. Or in this instance, one teenaged prince and his caretakers. Prince Wilhelm sat reading on the military-grade harness bench, the webbing of his safety harness cinched tight over his narrow, five-foot tall frame. He had yet to grow into big brother's shoes, although, he admitted to himself, looking down at his crisply starched suitpants and the bright glint of his well polished shoes, he did look pretty smart.

The Adler touched down with a gossamer thump, bounced once, then was still. One of the Wolf Pack, a strapping man named Hans, intimidating and tall in his black CQUCU, a G-4 Legio rifle strapped across his chest, clicked out of harness and glanced at the pilot. Satisfied, he opened the hatch.

"Your majesty, it's time."

"Of course." Wilhelm set the book---the Aeneid, aside, drew a deep breath, stood, and brushed off his coat. "I'm ready. Let's go."

The little party exited onto the tarmac, Wilhelm eage to see who waited to greet them.

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

(Quick Question - which city did you land in?)

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

(It would help if I knew that first, silly. Good job at writing, by the way. 8) I like your style, sir/m'am.)
Last edited by Isarabaeum on Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Chicago...that's your capital, right?

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Reserved for my reply...

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

(Got it - I'll continue anyways then)

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm

As the King walked out wearing nothing but very tight, khaki colored pants and a heavy leather and fur coat around him, he began to clap as your men walked out of their flight carrier.

"Hello gentleman, hello! How have you all been? I do not believe that we have met before, what is your name? Sorry, I have a hard time remembering things. By the way, do you like gum? I have some, if you'd like it." He sounded glad, but he did NOT smile - for the simple reason that he never liked to, even in dire situations like this one. When he saw the weapons that your soldiers carried, he block himself, asking

"You - didn't come here to kill me, did you? Please don't, man - I may have many illegitimate children, but I swear I love them all. I've even met most of 'em, so please - please don't kill me." It was then he got on the ground like he was being arrested, down on his knees and with his hands on his head, too. He squatted still while he awaited your move(s).

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Hans guffawed, and Wilhelm shot him a look.He crouched down to the King's level so he could look the grovelling monarch in the eyes. "Your majesty, we are not here to harm you. Or anyone. We have enemies, and these men are here for your protection as much as mine." He held out a hand to the strange creature. "Please, rise."

OOC: Also, the prince can be seen in my factbook
Last edited by Councordia on Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 pm

He stood back upright then, at least - to the best of his abilities, as he always did hunch his back over a bit to help with his back pain issues.

"Thanks. Sorry, it's just - it's been awhile since we last saw a weapon here, I'm not used to seeing them. Most of the time, I sleep at my house, make occasional appearances in public, and sleep with beauties. Oh - AND there's the rare appearance on TV Shows and stuff, but again - like I said - that is rare, not likely to happen when anybody's here for that matter. Here - follow me, gentleman."

As he began to walk away from the dropship, they both could see the railed staircase that led to an elevator down below - and he walked quickly down it, because it was cold outside - enough that the young King could even see his own breath, and ice could be seen on the edges of the building.

"I am surprised," he continued as he walked down the steps and to the elevator by following the spiraling metal staircase - "I thought you would come here by boat. Most do, and the next thing you know - they never want to leave! But I am glad that you came here instead, as this is my favorite city anyways. Plus, there's more to do here than anywhere else, in my opinion. I was born here, raised here, and met my wife here, too. That's another boring story I won't go into now though, as she is kinda' a bore anyways. On top of that, she is busy now anyways, traveling elsewhere via our nations' rail system - for she loves to travel." He then laughed to himself.

"On top? THAT'S how I like to be when I'm enjoying anybody, you know what I mean?!" He laughed quite a bit afterwards, as he thought that the joke was hilarious himself as he pressed the buttons on the elevator to get them to go lower in his massive mansion.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Wilhelm nodded at the men of the Wolf Pack. This was a safe place. They remained on the tarmac and the young Prince followed the King into the elevator. He could feel his pulse spike a little as he felt the cold air on his hands and face. Cold. Like home He thought. Like Konigsberg in winter of the castle at Falkebarsch even in the summer.

He laughed a little at the man's joke, not entirely sure what it mean. If this wild, raggy King ever went truly crazy, the young Prince had a panic button concealed on his person. And the Wolf Pack was relentless.

The elevator shot smoothly down the shaft.
Last edited by Councordia on Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 1:50 pm

While the elevator moved downwards, he stretched out his back. It made lots and lots of sounds - all cracking ones - as he moved about, but at least the elevator came quickly. Inside the elevator it was warm as a furnace, and Vasil tied his coat around his waist.

"Oh, pardon me - I forgot to introduce myself: my name's Vasil.The First. At least, that's what I like to be called. And you, sir?"
He let out a hand of his then as he waited for the other to shake it.

"By the way, what would you like to do first? Go to a strip club? Chug soda 'till we're sick and puke everywhere? Or go give a kid in a wheelchair a basketball as a present on National TV? By the way, the first one is MY favorite, just to let you know. Gay Bars are here too, by the way - that is, if you're into a more exquisite types of love, of course." He winked a bit after that last phrase, and put a bit of extra emphasis on it, too as to hint at something.

"Maybe you'd just like to go shopping simply?"
Last edited by Isarabaeum on Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Look him in the eyes Wilhelm chided himself, uncertain how to reply to the man's strange way with words, and certain he was missing something firm handshake

He grasped the man's rather flaccid hand and shook it. "Wilhelm Sautter. My friends call me Will. Good to meet you." He paused for a moment, and felt the sweat trickle down his skin beneath the suit and silk shirt. "Honestly, shopping sounds like an interesting way to see the town...and..." He sized the man up, "Perhaps we could follow it with a sparring bout when we get back? Are you familiar with any of the martial arts?"

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 2:12 pm

"Me and martial arts? Sparring match? Wow - I haven't had to hear those words since I was in High School! Well, I could try I suppose - I took SOME karate when I was about 6, but eventually had to quite because my father didn't want me getting hurt too bad. At the time, my health was pretty bad too though, and fortunately - his timing was good - as I only became more frail from there on out anyways. But sparring - I do not think I have done that before, for that is what you use swords for and pretend to fight with, right?"

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 2:14 pm

"Or gloves." Will shrugged. "I did not mean to put you on the spot. What do you normally do for entertainment?"
Last edited by Councordia on Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 2:21 pm

"What do I do for entertainment? Uh, well - I told you what I did already, but I don't know what you do. I usually just watch DVDs as well on my laptop in my bed, if I feel like so. Tell me - do they have those where you live? If not, I can give you the techs needed to do so. What can I say? I'm a hermit for the most part, and on my days when I actually DO feel like going outside - I just try and walk around this city until I find a new restaurant that I haven't been to yet. That's what I do. When my wife and I feel like it, we may go to one together - but we try our best NOT to, because it'll end up in a public - opinion bath if we do. Neither of us like that. She already knows about my other kids too, but I'd rather not go into that right now, if you don't mind."

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 pm

"Oh, um, sorry." Will tried not to cringe too visibly at bringing up what seemed to be a painful subject. "It's your land, and you are the King. In Councordia, we hunt when royal guests come over, but that is our custom, and not yours. Whatever you choose, I'll be fine with."

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 2:42 pm

"If it's tradition, then I'll do it - for I would like to be accepted among you guys, of course. I will do it - but if it's hunting, then doesn't that mean shooting animals? I don't mind that at all either honestly, and heck - I'll do it too - and we can find a nice, big deer or rhino or something for you to hunt down as well, but if we do that - then we best go to another city. All you'll find here is squirrels, pigeons, and our national animal. I WON'T let you shoot that though, if you don't mind, since they are already so endangered. Something like a deer, for example - they can be found in the city of Leighbaeum, and rhinos in Zaka. That city's pretty desolate though. I do not suggest we go there unless we have to. Unfortunately - they are just not doing well financially right now, but they still build for all of the other cities, thank goodness. But there ARE a few things worth seeing there if I remember correctly. Anyhow, without further ado, would you like something to eat quickly since it's cold outside?"

He asked this as he and Will walked into what looked like their giant dinner room, which was even split further into two rooms via a door and a giant, pure - glass chandelier that hanged from the center of the table room, since the other one could NOT be seen through since it was blocked by a door. In the room, there were quite a few portraits as well too - all of the Royal Family, but just the two of them. In addition to that, they had the remains of his father in a glass case as well, as he clearly looked mummified and up for display as if he was in an Egyptian Museum. As a waitress walked up to Vasil, he grabbed the glassed beverage from her silver dish and the snack that was in it, too - and it was in the shape of a churro, but yet - it WASN'T a churro either. Instead, it was a thing of warm bariahs - one of his favorite things to eat. It looked like this:

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Wilhelm tried not to gawk at the mummified corpse. Or the skimpily clad waitress. He tried not to gawk in general. "Yes, please."
After a moment, he took some of the sweet, sticky food and gingerly ate it, trying not to muss his suit or tie. "Very good, what's it called?"

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm

"Bariah," he replied to the King quickly, "it's a dessert of our forefathers here. A Persian - Darcsen delight, our first King himself was said to have enjoyed such on a daily basis. They're made with nothing more than a giant, particular strain of noodle from a grain in certain kinds of fields drenched in a coat of cinnamon sugar, then honey too, on top. So, to hunt - I will have to call up a certain somebody from my Cabinet so that I can get the OK to do so, understand Will? Otherwise, they'll mistake me as a threat and possibly shoot me on sight. Of course, I'll let him know that you are here as well." He then grabbed the phone on the wall nearest to them, and began dialing certain numbers on an old - fashioned looking phone. "Please, feel free to help yourself too while you are here. Get drunk too, even, if you'd like to while you wait for this bit of boringness to happen in the meantime."

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 pm

"Bariah." Will said, savoring the taste and the foreign word. "Interesting." He glanced over at the King as he tapped numbers into the telephone. "Does your majesty wish to hunt? I am here to learn, not to impose my customs on your people."

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 pm

"If you'd let me, then yes - I would rather do something else if you do not mind too badly so," he said nonchalantly while he hung up the phone. "I suggest that I give you a tour of our capital city - since it IS our largest - and it has so much to offer as well. You name it, and I'm sure you'll be able to find it, too. I'll be on my best behavior too, I promise, and will try my best to not leave you in any kind of hard decision making. You are here to relax on a vacation after all, right?"

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Wilhelm tried not to smile. A king promising to be on his best behavior? What manner of land could this be? Although, he thought, He is trying to be a gracious host.

"That would be wonderful, sir."

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm

"Glad you think so, my friend. I, personally, think we should set out tomorrow afoot - but if you would rather ride on a segway or something, then I understand too. From there, I - at least - will travel many miles, so that you may get to see all that this city truly has to offer. If we're lucky enough, we may run into my wife, too - for she does love the way that she helped this city with its many gardens here herself. Then again, we had to do something after that earthquake!" He laughed about it after, but clearly didn't mean it in an offensive way. He never let a good crisis go to waste anyways.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 pm

"Very well then." Will had had his luggage brought with him, and it included gear for walking...trekking in formal wear like he had on now was a nightmare. "Then we will walk. I look forward to it. Is the city large?"

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 pm

"Yes sir, for it is our largest. With most of our population living here and so many Darcsens too, it's no wonder that this city has the notoriety within our nation that it does!"
As he backed away from the phone, he began to walk toward Will again.

Councordia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Councordia » Fri May 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Wil watched the crazy, half-clad king approach him with a sense of unease that he couldn't quite pin down. Again he felt a bead of sweat trickle down his chest beneath the shirt. "Your majesty?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents