NATION

PASSWORD

Totally Rad Party HQ [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 pm

So I realize I'm not in this party, but I do read this thread a couple times every day. Ovisterra, that was a great piece of writing. I myself thought about stepping out due to all the bovine feces being flung around. Yeah, even with the Coalition and the Admin spot and everything. However, I've decided to give it more time, albeit with less emotional involvement. So thanks for writing that. :)
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:So I realize I'm not in this party, but I do read this thread a couple times every day. Ovisterra, that was a great piece of writing. I myself thought about stepping out due to all the bovine feces being flung around. Yeah, even with the Coalition and the Admin spot and everything. However, I've decided to give it more time, albeit with less emotional involvement. So thanks for writing that. :)

It was my pleasure. Thank you. ;)
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sun May 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Aeken wrote:I love you.

I love you too. :hug:

I will ensure that no one will quit.

I'll be with you every step of the way.

:hug:

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun May 05, 2013 1:04 pm

*Sigh* And there's Hath saying he won't disarm either.

Honestly, I'll give it until the end of the week, but odds are that I'm out. I honestly can't stand the fact that certain elements have turned this from a politics simulation to something about paramilitaries performing coups.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:*Sigh* And there's Hath saying he won't disarm either.

Honestly, I'll give it until the end of the week, but odds are that I'm out. I honestly can't stand the fact that certain elements have turned this from a politics simulation to something about paramilitaries performing coups.

The Admins will eject the ones not willing to follow the rules.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 pm

"Non ti curar di loro, ma guarda e passa" said Dante.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun May 05, 2013 1:07 pm

But if you leave, I'll cry and then give speeches that make everyone else cry and the whole goddamned party will be crying. Do you want to be responsible for that?
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Ovisterra 5 (46%)
Ainin 5 (46%)
Abstain 1 (8%)

So, eh... Yeah.

(Yes, I just voted for myself. Screw principles.)
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Ainin wrote:Ovisterra 5 (46%)
Ainin 5 (46%)
Abstain 1 (8%)

So, eh... Yeah.

(Yes, I just voted for myself. Screw principles.)

I knew it would come to this. :P

Still, it's what I did and I can hardly give out to you for it.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun May 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Aeken wrote:

The Admins will eject the ones not willing to follow the rules.

INB4 "liberals need to cheat to win" stuff.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Sir! I must protest!

When I withdrew my candidacy from the position of Minister of the Treasury, it was with the knowledge that there was a better man to take it over. Are you telling me that a bunch of god-damned self endorsing vitriol spewing hatemongers are going to make a fool of me? I will not allow it! Sir you will stay in your position until such a time as those radicals have taken over every inch of this Senate, and then, only then, will your resignation allow my honor to stay intact!
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun May 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Fucking hell, I'm not quitting.

Me and Divair started this party from nigh scratch, from a TET post, a joke and a liking for mammaries. Within a few weeks, this was the biggest party in the whole goddamn Senate. I was there from the very start. I saw it grow, mature, and turn into the best damn fictional party ever. I'm its deputy leader. That very title is now hammered into my blood.

And radicals? You know what, radicals? Eff you and eff your screwery. I am not going to be driven out like Divair was. Just today, our dear pal Irredento called me out for the time I initially got sick of your fuckery. Said, if I remember correctly, that he hopes I'll be forbidden from what he called stupidity. Aye. I may have gone too far, gone into making angered decisions based on emotion. But I stand by what I did, because whether the fasciomonarchists like it or not, I will not stand for fucking up this game. And I sincerely hope their small party big egos will deflate when progress, moderation and sanity win in the end.

I will not give up, never, never, never.

Posting a poster I just made in a moment, if I can get my internetz to work properly.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun May 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Arglorand wrote:Fucking hell, I'm not quitting.

Me and Divair started this party from nigh scratch, from a TET post, a joke and a liking for mammaries. Within a few weeks, this was the biggest party in the whole goddamn Senate. I was there from the very start. I saw it grow, mature, and turn into the best damn fictional party ever. I'm its deputy leader. That very title is now hammered into my blood.

And radicals? You know what, radicals? Eff you and eff your screwery. I am not going to be driven out like Divair was. Just today, our dear pal Irredento called me out for the time I initially got sick of your fuckery. Said, if I remember correctly, that he hopes I'll be forbidden from what he called stupidity. Aye. I may have gone too far, gone into making angered decisions based on emotion. But I stand by what I did, because whether the fasciomonarchists like it or not, I will not stand for fucking up this game. And I sincerely hope their small party big egos will deflate when progress, moderation and sanity win in the end.

Posting a poster I just made in a moment, if I can get my internetz to work properly.

Sir! Do I have your permission to post the Churchill speech, sir?

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun May 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

Permission granted. :P
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm

(insert epic speech here)
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Arglorand wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

Permission granted. :P

Churchill wrote:But for everyone, surely, what we have gone through in this period - I am addressing myself to the [Senate] - surely from this period of ten [days] this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

[] = edited to fit the circumstances.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun May 05, 2013 1:42 pm

This, my friends, is what we need. This kind of attitude is what this party was founded upon and what it should continue to be fuelled by. An unwillingness to accept anything sub-par. An iron will that will stand up in the face of all aggression. A level of determination that will bring its wielder to the ends of the Earth in the pursuit of a brighter future.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun May 05, 2013 1:45 pm

There is a single tear in my eye right now.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Sun May 05, 2013 1:48 pm

*Churchill voice*

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in lobby, we shall fight in the coffee shop, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the chamber, we shall defend our values, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight in the HQ, we shall fight in the event threads, we shall fight for the bills and the the amendments, we shall fight for what's right; we shall never surrender."

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun May 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Britcan wrote:*Churchill voice*

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in lobby, we shall fight in the coffee shop, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the chamber, we shall defend our values, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight in the HQ, we shall fight in the event threads, we shall fight for the bills and the the amendments, we shall fight for what's right; we shall never surrender."

:clap:
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Guys, we are a leftist party.

For every modified Churchill quote there's gotta be at least two modified Clement Attlee, Olof Palme, or Willy Brandt quotes.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun May 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Arglorand wrote:Guys, we are a leftist party.

For every modified Churchill quote there's gotta be at least two modified Clement Attlee, Olof Palme, or Willy Brandt quotes.

I'm sorry, but Churchill's speeches during wartime were fan-freaking-tastic.

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

I'm sorry, but Churchill's speeches during wartime were fan-freaking-tastic.

There's no denying there, that (and a lot more) I'll grant you.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't see why we can't just make our own speeches. I like doing that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives