NATION

PASSWORD

Lesbian Teacher in Ohio Fired

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Benuty wrote:

Once again Cosara, please answer the question.

Yes.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Cosara wrote:
Benuty wrote:

Once again Cosara, please answer the question.

Yes.

Disgusting.

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Cosara wrote:Yes.

Disgusting.

That's not disgusting. Not even in the least.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Abatael wrote:That's not disgusting. Not even in the least.

For you. It is for me.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:

For you. It is for me.

Too bad.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:

For you. It is for me.

^this.
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Abatael wrote:Too bad.

And too bad for you, as well.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Abatael wrote:Too bad.

And too bad for you, as well.

I'm not the one that finds it disgusting, so that doesn't make sense. . .
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Esternial wrote:Hurrah for dumbfuck parents and schools that cater to their every need.

Couldn't find a better word.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Abatael wrote:I'm not the one that finds it disgusting, so that doesn't make sense. . .

I think it's too bad that you don't see what is disgusting here. Just like you think it's too bad that I do.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Gauthier wrote:Ah, the hypocrisy of a school connected to a priesthood with a taste for young boys' bungholes firing a teacher for being a lesbian...

Ooo, got anymore cheap, hyperbolic, pathetic, exaggerated potshots at Catholicism?
Last edited by Abatael on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Abatael wrote:I'm not the one that finds it disgusting, so that doesn't make sense. . .

I think it's too bad that you don't see what is disgusting here. Just like you think it's too bad that I do.

I know what supposedly disgusts you about this. I simply don't agree.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Abatael wrote:I know what supposedly disgusts you about this. I simply don't agree.

Exactly. I know that you're not disgusted. And I don't agree with you either.

So you see, your position makes sense for you as much as mine does for me.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Abatael wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Ah, the hypocrisy of a school connected to a priesthood with a taste for young boys' bungholes firing a teacher for being a lesbian...

Ooo, got anymore cheap, hyperbolic, pathetic, exaggerated potshots at Catholicism?

Except it's not hyperbolic, pathetic, exaggerated, or cheap. It is, in fact, an accurate and completely fair point to make.

I challenge you to prove otherwise.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Abatael wrote:I know what supposedly disgusts you about this. I simply don't agree.

I never said it doesn't make sense. . .

I said, "Too bad." I didn't say, "Oh, well, that simply doesn't make sense!" or, "I don't understand!" I said, "Too bad, " as in, "Cry me a river and get the fuck over it."
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Abatael wrote:

There have been several, you just missed the more subtle ones. Maybe the reason these "attacks" are so common is that the behavior that prompts them is so common.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Camicon wrote:
Abatael wrote:

Except it's not hyperbolic, pathetic, exaggerated, or cheap. It is, in fact, an accurate and completely fair point to make.

It's about as accurate as saying all Muslims are terrorists. Or all their imams are terrorists. It is hyperbolic; it is cheap; it is pathetic.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Abatael wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

I said, "Too bad." I didn't say, "Oh, well, that simply doesn't make sense!" or, "I don't understand!" I said, "Too bad, " as in, "Cry me a river and get the fuck over it."

Alternately, you can go cry in the corner and get the fuck over the fact that this shit is unacceptable.

In fact, given the recent swing of polling, that's far more likely to be necessary.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Abatael wrote:

Alternately, you can go cry in the corner and get the fuck over the fact that this shit is unacceptable.

In fact, given the recent swing of polling, that's far more likely to be necessary.

I've got nothing to cry over since she was rightfully fired. I agree with it. It's not unacceptable. It's perfectly acceptable and right. Again, cry me a river and get the fuck over it.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Pope Benedict is the guy you should blame for that. Pope Francis is trying to get the Child Molesters arrested, or at the very least stripped of their title.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Abatael wrote:
Camicon wrote:Except it's not hyperbolic, pathetic, exaggerated, or cheap. It is, in fact, an accurate and completely fair point to make.

It's about as accurate as saying all Muslims are terrorists. Or all their imams are terrorists. It is hyperbolic; it is cheap; it is pathetic.

A school board that is funded by a ministry that has a habit of protecting pedophile priests fires a teacher of nineteen years, for putting in print that she was a lesbian.

That is what Gauthier said. That is not a hyperbole. That is not a cheap-shot. That is not pathetic.

It is an entirely fair remark to make about the hypocrisy of the Roman Catholic Dominion of Columbus. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a cheap-shot. Just because you think it's unimportant doesn't make it pathetic. Just because you can't understand the point being made doesn't make it hyperbolic.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Abatael wrote:I never said it doesn't make sense. . .

I got your meaning. And it's too bad you feel that way in the verge of what's happening in the world. Cry me a river and get the fuck over it.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Camicon wrote:
Abatael wrote:

A school board that is funded by a ministry that has a habit of protecting pedophile priests fires a teacher of nineteen years, for putting in print that she was a lesbian.

That is what Gauthier said. That is not a hyperbole. That is not a cheap-shot. That is not pathetic.

It is an entirely fair remark to make about the hypocrisy of the Roman Catholic Dominion of Columbus. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a cheap-shot. Just because you think it's unimportant doesn't make it pathetic. Just because you can't understand the point being made doesn't make it hyperbolic.

Okay, perhaps it misread it. However, it is still pathetic and cheap. So they have had a history of being connected to pedophile. This somehow invalidates their decision how? It doesn't. It's cheap potshot because he's trying to bring up an irrelevant point to discredit the institution.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Abatael wrote:I never said it doesn't make sense. . .

I got your meaning. And it's too bad you feel that way in the verge of what's happening in the world. Cry me a river and get the fuck over it.

I feel elated knowing that they made the right decions. There's nothing for me to cry about or get over.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Abatael wrote:
Camicon wrote:A school board that is funded by a ministry that has a habit of protecting pedophile priests fires a teacher of nineteen years, for putting in print that she was a lesbian.

Okay, perhaps it misread it. However, it is still pathetic and cheap. So they have had a history of being connected to pedophile. This somehow invalidates their decision how? It doesn't. It's cheap potshot because he's trying to bring up an irrelevant point to discredit the institution.

It's however proof of hypocrisy, which is what Gauthier wanted to demonstrate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General