NATION

PASSWORD

Lesbian Teacher in Ohio Fired

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Broken Imperial Sector
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Imperial Sector » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:But she chose to work at a religious school who's religion is against homosexuality.

And did so for nineteen years without being fired. Don't you think that is a little bit wrong?

Nope.
We can not allow this nation or this world to be destroyed from the inside out!

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:A shame she was fired, but, what did you expect by coming out of the closet while working at a catholic school?

Religious institutions have a constitutional right to deny accepting people who's lifestyle choices go against their code of ethics, and the catholic church (and all christian churches, for that matter, with a few fringe exceptions), have disagreed with homosexual thoughts for the past two thousand years.

If you want to be open about your sexual preferences, please work somewhere where it doesn't go directly against the rules.

This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.

She didn't "come out of the closet." She was already a open homosexual. It was merely that her orientation was publicized that got her fired. It was completely idiotic to fire her after nineteen years of fine service.

It doesn't matter how long she worked there, if she can't follow the basic rules of the institution she works at then she shouldn't be there in the first place.

Again, This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:And did so for nineteen years without being fired. Don't you think that is a little bit wrong?

Nope.

Alrighty then. Next time someone says that they can't find a job, I don't want to hear shit about how they are lazy leeches from anyone, then..

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:41 pm

The Broken Imperial Sector wrote:Why the hell did a lesbian work at a catholic school in the first place?

The same reason my sister, a Wiccan, taught at one - she needed the job and she was good at it.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:She didn't "come out of the closet." She was already a open homosexual. It was merely that her orientation was publicized that got her fired. It was completely idiotic to fire her after nineteen years of fine service.

It doesn't matter how long she worked there, if she can't follow the basic rules of the institution she works at then she shouldn't be there in the first place.

Again, This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.

No, it isn't like that. Its like applying to work with PETA with a hamburger packed in your lunch pale, getting hired, eating it, then getting fired nineteen years later for this infraction. It is completely idiotic and wrong.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Untaroicht wrote:A shame she was fired, but, what did you expect by coming out of the closet while working at a catholic school?

Religious institutions have a constitutional right to deny accepting people who's lifestyle choices go against their code of ethics, and the catholic church (and all christian churches, for that matter, with a few fringe exceptions), have disagreed with homosexual thoughts for the past two thousand years.

If you want to be open about your sexual preferences, please work somewhere where it doesn't go directly against the rules.

This is like applying for a job at PETA, and at the job interview you come in eating a bucket of KFC.

Fringes like the Episcopalians and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America?

And this teacher was very careful about not being open, but her mother's obituary mentioned her partner.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

No, it isn't like that. Its like applying to work with PETA with a hamburger packed in your lunch pale, getting hired, eating it, then getting fired nineteen years later for this infraction. It is completely idiotic and wrong.

Are you even reading what I type? IF SHE CAN'T FOLLOW THE RULES, SHE'S GOT TO GO. It's like that for, oh, I don't know, every other job on the face of the planet. Do what your employers want you to do, or leave. it's that simple.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Gotta love us Episcopals. Catholic lite, indeed.

@}-;-'---

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:No, it isn't like that. Its like applying to work with PETA with a hamburger packed in your lunch pale, getting hired, eating it, then getting fired nineteen years later for this infraction. It is completely idiotic and wrong.

Are you even reading what I type? IF SHE CAN'T FOLLOW THE RULES, SHE'S GOT TO GO. It's like that for, oh, I don't know, every other job on the face of the planet. Do what your employers want you to do, or leave. it's that simple.

She was not punished for this alleged violation for nineteen years. They had the chance to fire her for being homosexual for years, and didn't. It is purely and in its face discrimination simply because she mentioned it in writing.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Exactly.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:No, it isn't like that. Its like applying to work with PETA with a hamburger packed in your lunch pale, getting hired, eating it, then getting fired nineteen years later for this infraction. It is completely idiotic and wrong.

Even if the employer waits 19 years to fire you for an infraction they knew about from the gitgo? That seems a bit - oh, I don't know ... illogical?
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Cosara wrote:

Exactly.

No, not at all.`

@}-;-'---

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:48 pm

You know every time I see a story like this I imagine a bunch of religious homophobes standing around a huge hole going "Fuck that don't look near deep enough maybe we should keep digging"

Idiots.
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Yes, well these people are clearly morons...
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Cosara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Thoricia wrote:You know every time I see a story like this I imagine a bunch of religious homophobes standing around a huge hole going "Fuck that don't look near deep enough maybe we should keep digging"

Idiots.

So, you're an idiot for upholding your religious code? :eyebrow:
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

And this teacher was very careful about not being open, but her mother's obituary mentioned her partner.

The Evangelical Church, the same group that brought us the wonders of Chick Tracts (which is kind of like a radical christian version of scientology: the comic, for those of you who never read it), and the Episcopal Church, who frequently disregard doctrine laid down in sacred holy scripture and replace it with modernized jargon for PR purposes?
Last edited by Untaroicht on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Cosara wrote:
Thoricia wrote:You know every time I see a story like this I imagine a bunch of religious homophobes standing around a huge hole going "Fuck that don't look near deep enough maybe we should keep digging"

Idiots.

No, you're an idiot for using it to discriminate needlessly.

@}-;-'---

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Cosara wrote:

Idiots.

Often. Yes.

Summer is coming...

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Fringes like the Episcopalians and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America?

...the Episcopal Church, who frequently disregard doctrine laid down in sacred holy scripture and replace it with modernized jargon for PR purposes?

Source on that? As an atheistic Episcopal, I take mild offense.

@}-;-'---

The New Earth Coalition
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Coalition » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Its a Catholic school, which is obviously not related to the State, but only to the Church. So no one can pull that separation of church and state BS. If she wants to go against God at one of God's schools, she took the risk.
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.41

Founder of the The Third Dominion and member of the Progressive-Conservative Party

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm

The New Earth Coalition wrote:Its a Catholic school, which is obviously not related to the State, but only to the Church. So no one can pull that separation of church and state BS. If she wants to go against God at one of God's schools, she took the risk.

She didn't choose to out herself in her mother's obituary. It was not her that wrote it, it was not her that published it. She was punished for something out of her control.

@}-;-'---

Cosara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm

The New Earth Coalition wrote:Its a Catholic school, which is obviously not related to the State, but only to the Church. So no one can pull that separation of church and state BS. If she wants to go against God at one of God's schools, she took the risk.

This sums up exactly what I think.

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:
...the Episcopal Church, who frequently disregard doctrine laid down in sacred holy scripture and replace it with modernized jargon for PR purposes?

Source on that? As an atheistic Episcopal, I take mild offense.

Because the Catholics would never do that, right?

That's why it's impossible to get a Bible in English in Catholic communities.

Summer is coming...

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Cosara wrote:

This sums up exactly what I think.

I'll remember this the next time you or anyone else says anything about the unemployed being lazy.

@}-;-'---

Thoricia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thoricia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Cosara wrote:

Idiots.

So if your Christian your supposed to be against gay people? I guess I read to much into the part about accepting everyone for who they are silly me.
Ponderosa wrote:I kick you in the face, because I'm angry that I actually wrote out a creative response to the post above, only to find out that you ruined it.

This quote sums up my life.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General