NATION

PASSWORD

Gay marriages....now what about siblings parents or animals?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 am

Ailiailia wrote:Promoting change: Progressive.
Neutral: Retardative.
Promoting restoration of previous conditions: Regressive.

I'd say neutral: Arrested Development.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 am

Samuraikoku wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:Promoting change: Progressive.
Neutral: Retardative.
Promoting restoration of previous conditions: Regressive.

I'd say neutral: Arrested Development.

To retard is to slow down

Isarabaeum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Isarabaeum » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am

No one will marry an animal, and so what if they do, I say? They're too dumb too know the difference anyways, and it's up to us to let people live as they'd like to - you know, it goes back to the pursuit of happiness that we all seek in our lives. I say we should welcome them with arms wide open, at least - I know I would, and I'd do the same for those who would like to marry their siblings too. Hey - after all - it's better than wanting to marry just for the sake of getting married, I say. :ugeek:

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:13 am

Isarabaeum wrote:No one will marry an animal, and so what if they do, I say? They're too dumb too know the difference anyways, and it's up to us to let people live as they'd like to - you know, it goes back to the pursuit of happiness that we all seek in our lives. I say we should welcome them with arms wide open, at least - I know I would, and I'd do the same for those who would like to marry their siblings too. Hey - after all - it's better than wanting to marry just for the sake of getting married, I say. :ugeek:

Animals cannot give consent to marriage, and therefore can and should not be married.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

French Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby French Union » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:41 am

A dog or whatever can't even understand the concept of marriage nor can they consent to it. It's pointless to give an okay to marrying an animal, some free thereby to someone who wants to marry an animal, that could be something that should be done. Marrying some family member, meh, who cares, there's little point in stopping it. A family member can be just as useful as anyone else, so why not allow it.

Screensaver
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Screensaver » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Screensaver wrote:This one of the reasons I oppose liberalism. I am in favor of same-sex marriage and LGBT rights but that is a single issue which will no longer exist when equality is fully implemented. Liberalism on the other hand is a dangerous ideology (just as dangerous as conservatism). It moves like a glacier down a slippery slope. There are already some movements (which sadly seem to be growing) in liberalism that support things such as legalizing bestiality, pedophilic relationships, and other sick things. As long as the liberals maintain their grip on the LGBT community there will be no stopping this slippery slope. The only way to stop it is to sever the liberal movement's grip on LGBT rights by getting more and more non-liberals to prominently support LGBT rights. However this is easier said than done.

Opposing liberalism on the grounds that it's liberalism is JUST as ideological.

What you should do is, support liberalism in as far as it supports you. When it tries to go further, work against it. This blind knee-jerk reactionism against "liberal" is moronic. And if you're only supporting LGBT so that you can "break dem ebil liberals grip on LGBT" then you're an idiot.

Me an idiot? You completely misread my post. I don't subscribe to any particular ideology and I am not reactionary. Also I have always supported LGBT rights because I feel that they do deserve equal rights.

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Solmakia wrote:I feel like It's going to come up sooner or later.

As far as I can tell, Liberals are pushing for more and more civil liberties (which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing) and eventually, this is going to come up. Years ago, inter racial marriages were unacceptable, and I'm sure gay marriage was just...unthinkable at the point. Now, we have inter racial marriage, and gay marriage is starting to rise in most of the world except for a few nations that are refusing to let go.

But what next? What about a man and his dog? Should they get married? Or what about a man and his son? Or a brother and sister? When is it too much? How far are people going to be allowed? What should be allowed? I'm personally undecided on the issue of what a marriage really means, but what do you guys think about sibling, inter special or other kinds of bizarre civil unions?

I must say...you sound like a very interesting person...judging by your sig, you sound like someone I could actually agree with (politically). Well....anyway....I personally disagree with Homosexual Marriage. I believe that the institution of marriage was, and should still be, for one man and one woman. Although I respect Homosexuals, I simply disagree with their lifestyle and I think it is a choice, not something that you are born with or destined to be. And yes, obviously if we allow homosexual marriage, we are bound to turn to other practices, such as polygamy, bestiality, or incest. These are my beliefs.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Zocra wrote:

As far as I can tell, Liberals are pushing for more and more civil liberties (which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing) and eventually, this is going to come up. Years ago, inter racial marriages were unacceptable, and I'm sure gay marriage was just...unthinkable at the point. Now, we have inter racial marriage, and gay marriage is starting to rise in most of the world except for a few nations that are refusing to let go.

But what next? What about a man and his dog? Should they get married? Or what about a man and his son? Or a brother and sister? When is it too much? How far are people going to be allowed? What should be allowed? I'm personally undecided on the issue of what a marriage really means, but what do you guys think about sibling, inter special or other kinds of bizarre civil unions?

I must say...you sound like a very interesting person...judging by your sig, you sound like someone I could actually agree with (politically). Well....anyway....I personally disagree with Homosexual Marriage. I believe that the institution of marriage was, and should still be, for one man and one woman. Although I respect Homosexuals, I simply disagree with their lifestyle and I think it is a choice, not something that you are born with or destined to be. And yes, obviously if we allow homosexual marriage, we are bound to turn to other practices, such as polygamy, bestiality, or incest. These are my beliefs.

How, on this Earth or any other, does fucking a human equate to fucking a dog?

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Screensaver wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Opposing liberalism on the grounds that it's liberalism is JUST as ideological.

What you should do is, support liberalism in as far as it supports you. When it tries to go further, work against it. This blind knee-jerk reactionism against "liberal" is moronic. And if you're only supporting LGBT so that you can "break dem ebil liberals grip on LGBT" then you're an idiot.

Me an idiot? You completely misread my post. I don't subscribe to any particular ideology and I am not reactionary. Also I have always supported LGBT rights because I feel that they do deserve equal rights.

Well, I didn't so much mean that you were an idiot, rather that IF you did that you are an idiot. It was more general.
Last edited by Person012345 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunaris
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunaris » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

If between humans, then i would support marriages of any kind. As long as the parties involved are willing, there is nothing wrong in that.

Inter-species thing is well... :blink:

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Zocra wrote:

Why is it obvious?
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:
Zocra wrote:

How, on this Earth or any other, does fucking a human equate to fucking a dog?

Because GOD! And HELL! And HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT THE DEPTHS OF MORDOR11!!!11one!!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Pastafarian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pastafarian » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm

No.
I am the founder of Pastafarian, a region for Pastafarians but other religions are welcome too.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:How, on this Earth or any other, does fucking a human equate to fucking a dog?

Because GOD! And HELL! And HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT THE DEPTHS OF MORDOR11!!!11one!!

Oh, hey Indi. *kiss* Enjoy your breakation?

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:18 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Because GOD! And HELL! And HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT THE DEPTHS OF MORDOR11!!!11one!!

Oh, hey Indi. *kiss* Enjoy your breakation?

I was back yesterday TED. :P

I did, and I figured I might as well reintegrate myself into NSG. *nod*
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Zocra wrote:

As a gay person, I can tell you factually and objectively that I was rather surprised to find out I was into boys.

As for the slippery slope argument, how come fundamentalist Mormons and fundamentalist Muslims (both homophobic groups) are the most well-known modern supporters of polygamy? How come zoophilia is legal in Montana, Texas and Alabama but not in Washington, New York or California? How come first-cousin marriage is legal in Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina and Florida but not Washington or Oregon?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Screensaver wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Opposing liberalism on the grounds that it's liberalism is JUST as ideological.

Source for liberals wanting to legalize "beastiality and pedophilic relationships"? Sounds like fear-mongering bullshit, with no substance behind it.

Zocra wrote:

If you really did respect LGBT people, you'd support our efforts at obtaining equality, instead of trying to keep us as second-class citizens.

Also, there is no such thing as "the gay lifestyle", any more than there is such a thing as "the straight lifestyle", and its been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that its not a choice.

There is nothing inherently wrong with polygamy, so long as all involved are capable of giving informed consent (which is the very thing that means we will never legalize beastiality, as animals cannot give informed consent).

I'm sorry if this comes as a shock, but your beliefs are shitty, incorrect, and out of touch with known reality.

Meryuma wrote:
Zocra wrote:

As a gay person, I can tell you factually and objectively that I was rather surprised to find out I was into boys.

As for the slippery slope argument, how come fundamentalist Mormons and fundamentalist Muslims (both homophobic groups) are the most well-known modern supporters of polygamy? How come zoophilia is legal in Montana, Texas and Alabama but not in Washington, New York or California? How come first-cousin marriage is legal in Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina and Florida but not Washington or Oregon?

Because Zorca's arguments and beliefs are out of touch with reality.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Zocra wrote:

>Claims to respect homosexuals
>Speaks against everything that makes them homosexual, as well as expresses a desire to make them second class citizens

At least have the integrity to admit that you're a hateful bigot.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Zocra wrote:

1) Doubt it.
2) When exactly was zoophilia legalized in Texas?
3) What Muslims believe is what they believe. Why they believe it, I do not know.
4) For mormons, see #3
5) I am a Christian Traditionalist Conservative, and I am strictly against polygamy.
6) To be fair, incest laws usually only apply to the immedite family, making cousins excempt from this. (I don't know if this is the law everywhere; I really have no opinion on cousin marriage. Let the Supreme Court rule on that.)
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Death Metal wrote:[quote="Zocra";]
I must say...you sound like a very interesting person...judging by your sig, you sound like someone I could actually agree with (politically). Well....anyway....I personally disagree with Homosexual Marriage. I believe that the institution of marriage was, and should still be, for one man and one woman. Although I respect Homosexuals, I simply disagree with their lifestyle and I think it is a choice, not something that you are born with or destined to be. And yes, obviously if we allow homosexual marriage, we are bound to turn to other practices, such as polygamy, bestiality, or incest. These are my beliefs.[/quote]

>Claims to respect homosexuals
>Speaks against everything that makes them homosexual, as well as expresses a desire to make them second class citizens

At least have the integrity to admit that you're a hateful bigot.[/quote]

...I'm...a...hateful...bigot. There I said it. Are you satisfied?

...I'm...a...hateful...bigot. There I said it. Are you satisfies?
Last edited by Zocra on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Not really. Admitting you have a problem is only the first step.
Last edited by Death Metal on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Cosara wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

1) Doubt it.

I'd love to know how you know Meryuma's personal feelings more than Meryuma does. This is precisely the response that boggles my mind.

Growing up in a Lutheran school, my refusal of my own sexuality due to the way I was taught caused a massive upheaval in my life. I was taught that it was wrong and yet here I was, unable to do anything to change it. I tried to date girls, but there was just nothing there, no matter how much I wanted to change it.

And here I am after all of that, finally accepting who I am and being an advocate for others who were in a similar situation as I was, unable to cope with the fact that they were raised to believe that being gay was wrong. The fact that you don't believe any of our stories doesn't make it any less true.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:00 am

Cosara wrote:6) To be fair, incest laws usually only apply to the immedite family, making cousins excempt from this. (I don't know if this is the law everywhere; I really have no opinion on cousin marriage. Let the Supreme Court rule on that.)

In most places amongst modern western nations it is the law...... the prohibition against cousin marriage that still exists in some US states is a holdout from bad research in the 19th century. It's predicated on issues that pretty much don't exist, as such the prohibitions have no business being on the books (which makes it very much like prohibiting same-sex marriage).
Last edited by Tekania on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

Herdgergy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Herdgergy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 am

i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!
Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.64
I am a 13 year old CHRISTIAN who isnt very good with spelling or grammer. if I make a mistake tell me. I am aganst gay marriage because I think marriage is between man and a woman only!

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 am

Herdgergy wrote:i don't think gays marriage will leading to marrying of animals, i'm still against it no matter what. I think marriage should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman because marraige is for creating families!

Says who?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General