NATION

PASSWORD

NSEurope: A venerable offsite forum seeks new members.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

NSEurope: A venerable offsite forum seeks new members.

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Willkommen! I am Kyiv, you may know me from such threads as: NS Military Realism Consultation and Your Nations Main Ground Vehicle. What you may not know is that in addition to castigating designs of questionable quality here, I am also a longtime moderator on Europe's offsite forum. Recently our community was graced with an unexpected influx of new members who had begun RP'ing independently of the offsite forum after the temporary absence of our administrator frustrated their efforts to join. As this boon has proved a welcome breath of fresh air to our community we are hoping to build on this success by increasing our presence on the main boards and hopefully attract some energetic new contributors!

So, What is nseurope?
In the terminology of NS nseurope is a past-tech offsite roleplaying region. Our primary RP is set in the 1950's but in a world that is not our own. While we were historically connected to the nationstates game today it is a connection in name only, you do not an NS account to join or play, we do not use ns statistics and there are no in-character connections to other regions. We have our own boards, our own moderators, our own wiki and our own map.

Why might you be interested in nseruope?
In nseurope we stress above all plausibility and originality. I chose to say plausible rather than realism because we encourage original creations, though we are set in the past we do not want players who simply recreate what was. What really interests us is what could have been.

nseurope is a collaborative project
Our little community has been chugging along since roughly 2002, and a big part of the reason we have been able to do that is because we are flexible. Just because a nation is new OOCly does not mean they cannot become a major part of our world ICly. It is not entirely out of the question that your own original ideology might find enough adherents to become the most powerful IC force on the forum. Or perhaps a tiny island nation might, with some perseverance, become universally recognized as the dominant commercial power. Both these things have happened before!

We are you might say a technocratic community. We value most highly players who are knowledgeable, or have the dedication to acquire knowledge. If you can demonstrate your ability to contribute to our world in any area ICly or OOCly (economics, warfare, culture, religion, ideology, genealogy, geography, art and so forth) you are guaranteed to go far here. Even if you are unsure of your abilities but are willing to learn, you will surely find many players who are eager to teach.

nseurope and war
nseurope is not a very warmongering bunch. Our community is not particularly military-oriented and we do not expect players to have extensive military knowledge. On the flip side there is definitely a place for military-minded players in the community, wars do indeed occur and some of our major war RP's are remembered as both pivotal moments in IC history. Our basic MO here is that wars should be about advancing your nations story.

Joining and Miscellanea
If any of this interests you, I invite you to join our forum and take a look around. Word for the wise, all accounts are activated manually by our administrator and the email with your activation link has been known to end up in the spam folder. So if your account is not immediately activated, do not be alarmed! It will be sorted out ASAP.

You might also take a gander at our map and wiki while you wait.

One of our redoubtable community members has also taken upon himself to compile an unofficial rulebook that should be very insightful for those interested in the mechanics of our game. I call it unofficial because before the influx of players from these boards our relatively close-knit community did not require a single comprehensive set of codified rules. We do however have a very abbreviated list of official rules. As this was intended for our players already familiar with our methods of RP you can be forgiven if its seems to omit many key details.

In the shadows
As a result of our incorporating the group of players who had been rp'ing on these boards we also host a second game that operates as part of the wider ns world. This game operates exactly as it would on these boards, and requires an ns account. If you are interested in this more direct port of nationstates, our would like to test the waters before jumping into our main game, you can find it in the subforum "Nationstates General" on our boards.
Last edited by The Kievan People on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Irish Republican Guard
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Irish Republican Guard » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Also, we are #nseurope on IRC's quakenet.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Last edited by Irish Republican Guard on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotarike
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gotarike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 pm

This is really interesting. I think it might be worth joining. :hug:

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

* Pokes head in.

I used to be Delegate of Europe for a bit. I'm more of a gameplay type though, so I never found my way into the forum much. Best of luck! :)
Last edited by Feux on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Return to Gameplay