NATION

PASSWORD

Reunification of South Asia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:33 am

I hate to be that guy, but uniting all of South Asia would be a major step towards solving the over population problems in that part of the world.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Subramani
Envoy

Founded: Oct 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Subramani » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Blazedtown wrote:I hate to be that guy, but uniting all of South Asia would be a major step towards solving the over population problems in that part of the world.

How would that happen? Do you mean so many people would die during Unification Process, that it would solve Over Population Problem?

Randy F Marsh
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Randy F Marsh » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Good luck finding a way to do so.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:I have a great idea! Let's get the Koreas back together! Oh, and also, we should totes bring Northern Ireland and Ireland back together!

And sticking all those countries in the Balkans back together as well!

Incredibly misleading.

The India subcontinent is an immensely diverse region artificially created and unified only through the Mughal Empire and British bayonets. Korea, on the other hand, has been a single nation since Silla conquered Goguryeo with the assistance of the Tang in 668 CE, divided by the interests of the Soviet Union and the US during the Cold War when dividing up Japan's possessions after WWII.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Christ no, I don't want Pakistan to bring India down
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Nope.
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Subramani wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:I hate to be that guy, but uniting all of South Asia would be a major step towards solving the over population problems in that part of the world.

How would that happen? Do you mean so many people would die during Unification Process, that it would solve Over Population Problem?

A few tens of millions of people wouldn't really be enough to make much of a difference.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Hindupashtunistan wrote:This would eliminate many of the tensions between the countries

ahahahaha
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Don't really think the OP knows why India and Pakistan split in the first place. Muslims and Hindus generally don't make good bedfellows.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

United Kingdom of Muffins
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kingdom of Muffins » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Why can't we just all be friends and turn the world's military budgets into research money for more smuggle time? Too bad that each nation has national identity that causes mistrust to others.
Pope Muffins
"Pretty girls digging prettier women" The Who, 5:15, from the album Quadrophenia
"Has God forgotten what I have done for him?" Louis XIV Of France

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.
Last edited by Caninope on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:Don't really think the OP knows why India and Pakistan split in the first place. Muslims and Hindus generally don't make good bedfellows.

They got along pretty well before Indian nationalism brought about a Hindu identity, as well as an Indian Muslim identity.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:54 pm

United Kingdom of Muffins wrote:Why can't we just all be friends and turn the world's military budgets into research money for more smuggle time? Too bad that each nation has national identity that causes mistrust to others.

Well, there are many answers to that question.

However, the most common answer would probably be along the lines of the structure of the international system and human behavior (more generally) leading to conflict between actors when different interests come into conflict, and appropriate escalation from there.
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

That would actually be kind of awesome, except for the thing with Obama killing his wife.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Daaaaamn.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

That would actually be kind of awesome, except for the thing with Obama killing his wife.

She was nagging him about not matching up the socks when he folded the laundry.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Hindupashtunistan wrote:Should the nations of Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh be reunited into one nation? This would eliminate many of the tensions between the countries but place a huge stress on the government. Opinions?

Tensions were one of the reasons why you had British India; India and Pakistan; and then India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The pecularities and generally rushed nature of Indian independence is another major reason.

And, according to my former (and Bangladeshi) maths teacher, Bangladesh split from Pakistan (not India, as I thought in 2010). Geographically, that makes sense.

It also means I've never met anyone from Pakistan (knowingly, they may be running around out there and I just don't know where they're from... not that it matters much, which would be why that's a possibility).
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 pm

If Bangladesh wants to join up, that's totally cool.

Pakistan...should probably keep out.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:

If Bangladesh wants to join up, that's totally cool.

Pakistan...should probably keep out.

Why would you want to join with a country that makes yours look like a first-world paradise?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Azurand
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurand » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Only under the mighty jackboots of Global Caliphate, I may approve the unification.

Otherwise, no. :p
PAIN - PAIX - LIBERTÉ

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Pope Joan wrote:Eliminate tensions by internalizing them? Tell it to Burma; how's that going, over there?

Hell, tell it to Israel and Palestine.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm

should is what you do in the little room with the mirrors. and that is to quote someone who's name would imply they're having been from the region in question.

what "should" be done, is what ever most of the people who have to actually live there would be most happy with.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Archonium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Archonium » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:23 am

It's like to tell the US and Iran to f**king unite.
The Imperial Union of Archonium
Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Embassy Program - Territory of Andracor - Territory of Vericio
Factbook will be made ASAP
(PT/MT/PMT/FT depending on RP. Will always include a litttle bit of FanT)
Pro social democracy, secularism, multiculturalism, gun control, mixed economy, pro-choice, hetero but pro-LGBT rights. Also support and love cookies and brownies.
I'm a native Indonesian and a junior high school student. Sorry if I suck at English.
I'm proud of my nation, only corrupt and assfaced politicians ruins it and its image in the international community.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 am

Pakistan and India?

Ha, okay.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 am

Hindupashtunistan wrote:Should the nations of Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh be reunited into one nation? This would eliminate many of the tensions between the countries but place a huge stress on the government. Opinions?

How were they united before? They're only put under control under the British bayonets.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General