NATION

PASSWORD

The Council of Geneva [Sign-up and OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Papal City
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Council of Geneva [Sign-up and OOC]

Postby The Papal City » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 am

Prologue

The Sovereign and Apostolic City of Geneva of the Holy Cross
Under the liege of His Holiness Pope John Paul III

Daeron woke slowly from a long sleep filled with strange and vivid dreams feeling more tired and exhausted than ever before in his ninety four year long life. Every part of his old body ached and throbbed painfully and death seemed closer than ever before. Yet Daeron felt neither fear nor discomfiture. The pain, the weakness it all seemed separate from his person, something irrelevant and immaterial. As he slowly emerged from his sleep the old man felt a serenity and a sense of purpose the extent of which he had never before experienced. He felt touched by the divine.

As he, very very slowly, became aware of his surroundings he began wondering where he was. The bed he was lying in was not his own and the room it was in looked more like a hospital room than the cell in which he usually slept. Confused Daeron noticed a recognizable figure, seemingly slumbering in a chair just next to the bed in which Daeron lied. The figure, clad all in red, was a man he had known for the better part of his life, yet it took Daeron's slowly activating mind a moment to identify him. "Celdrahil." Daeron spoke, thinking for a moment that he was deaf before realizing that his voice was simply to weak to be heard. Trying again he repeated the red clad man's name. "Daeron!"

This time the red clad man reacted. He almost jumped from his chair in shock. "Holy Father?" He asked, before kneeling to plant a relieved kiss on Daeron's hand on which sat his fisherman's ring. Daeron, who found the sight of seeing his seventy six year old colleague and former student, in the full regalia of a cardinal, practically jump onto is bed in excitement. "Celdrahil where are we? Why am I not in the Palace of Nations? I feel rather tired and shouldn't be doing house calls at such an unchristian hour, I have lessons tomorrow remember." Judging by the look of confusion in Celdrahil's eyes Daeron suspected that something was of and truth be told he couldn't remember teaching theology at the Seminary of Yôzâyan for some time. "Holy Father." Celdrahil spoke slowly. "You do not teach anymore, remember? You are the Bishop of Geneva and the Holy Father of all Christendom."

Daeron pondered this for a moment, moving his large voluminous body around a little in the hospital bed. "Yes ... John Paul III, I remember. Quite a responsibility wouldn't you say so my son?" Daeron, Pope of Geneva, spoke his voice at once papal and a little timid. Celdrahil VII, Patriarch of Yôzâyan and Primate of all Aman chuckled at this, letting his anxiety and fear for his treasured teacher's well-being be vented through humor. "Just so your Holiness." He conceded patting the wrinkly hand of John Paul III with an assuring smile. The Pope nodded sagely at this for several moments but offered no reply.

Then; "Celdrahil where am I?" John Paul looked around with some confusion. The smile immediately faded from Celdrahil's lips. "Geneva General Hospital Holy Father. You suffered a stroke after giving mass. For a moment we thought God would take you from this world." The patriarch spoke, squeezing the pope's hand comfortingly; but for whose comfort it was could no doubt be question John Paul III thought.

Thinking back John Paul III had no recollection of the event but he remembered what had followed. He remembered his mind floating through the clouds free of constraints while his body was rushed to the hospital by nervous clergymen and doctors. He remembered being touched by God; and he remembered what God had wanted from him. "Had I been taken from this world would my passing have caused much sorrow I wonder?" John Paul III asked regretfully. Predicting the response of his students he waved his hand as much as he in his weakened state could, dismissing the response. "Oh I do not doubt that you would be devastated my son but what of Christendom as a whole think? For fourteen years I have reigned as Pope and what have I accomplished? A few largely unanswered calls for ecumenical cooperation, a crackdown on that horrible sin of pedophilia within the Church and a few organizational improvements of the administration of the Church." The pope attempted to shake his head in displeasure. "No impressive accomplishment in a time when the Church needed real leadership and definition of our doctrines."

Celdrahil, to no surprise but secret pleasure of John Paul III, strongly disagreed. "You brought stability to the Church during time of crises, during your pontificate the brutal suppression of Thrinians that plagued the early years was brought to a halt, and those "few organizational improvements" you speak of where some of the most sweeping reforms to church administration in centuries, not to mention the reestablishment of a papal state. The people of Geneva call you "le Grand" for good reason Holy Father; and when that time come the rest of the world will name you thus as well." Celdrahil countered. "That epithet is largely sarcastic and you know that Celdrahil; they are referring to my physique and the size of the Archbasilica of St. Catherine when using it. A bit unkind to talk that way about a fat old man." John Paul III jested.

For a moment neither men spoke any further, each contemplating the pontificate of John Paul III and how it would be viewed by the coming generations. "The greatest accomplishment of my pontificate, indeed the very thing I intended to be measured on, was the Council of Jerusalem, and how hard did I not fail there." John Paul III sighed. Celdrahil shrugged sympathetically, he too remembered Jerusalem with much regret. "We did our best, Holy Father."

The Pope shook his head in disagreement. "No Celdrahil, or if we did then our best was not sufficient. You speak of stability as the accomplishment of my papacy; but a pope must provide more than just stability. He must lead the faithful, move the church forward and make visionary decisions. I failed to do so after the defeat at Jerusalem. I made this city my project. I founded it and began filling it with churches towering over those of Rome in size and splendor. I established a Papal Court to rival those of the Renaissance Popes. I made the humble church of Innocent XIV into the most glorious church ever known before. But that is not enough; not good enough and this stroke I have suffered is a reminder from God of that." The Pope spoke, all traces of humor and humility gone from his voice that suddenly filled with passionate and unwavering conviction.

Looking at his student with piercing eyes John Paul III continued in a softer and more gentle tone. "Do you believe in miracles Celdrahil?" He asked rhetorically. "You know I have always found it difficult. In the religion of my people miracles does not feature prominently and I have always had difficulty seeing miracles as more than a thing of biblical times that ordinary people in our day and age can neither grasp nor comprehend." The pope shook his head, his strength recovering. "Yet today I experienced a miracle. An epiphany from God."

Celdrahil, unaccustomed to so mystical a side of his intellectual and rational teacher, nodded slowly. "What did God tell you Holy Father?" He whispered. "That the time has come for me to complete what I began at Jerusalem; God does it so command. That shall be my final legacy for our Church. When it is done, and my God preserve those who would prevent me from do his bidding this time, my papacy shall come to an end and soon thereafter my life. The day approaches when I shall meet my beloved wife in Heaven. But first comes the day when the representatives from the Thrinian Catholic Church all over the world shall convene here in Geneva to settle on issues that has been left unsettled for far too long. God does it so command Celdrahil; go now and make the preparations." The Pope roared, the booming voice that would have made him an excellent fire and brimstone preacher had he not in temperament been far to tender, manifesting itself as all the weariness of the world passed him by. He sat up in his bed removing his covers to get up. "Convene them Celdrahil." He ordered.

The patriarch of Yôzâyan was utterly shocked by the sudden jolt of energy emanating from his master and could offer no objection to the charismatic figure suddenly giving orders with more confidence than generals and kings. "Yes Holy Father." He meekly replied bowing towards the pope who now stepped onto the floor of the hospital room. Leaving to do his master's bidding Celdrahil heard John Paul mumble to himself. "But one thing must be done first; a thing that has been left ignored for too long, if I fail again then this at least I will do right."

Stepping out of the hospital room Celdrahil was delayed by a softer plea from the pope. "And Celdrahil, before you do anything else please inform my daughter that I am alive."

Sign-up

Attendence at the Council of Geneva is technically open to all Christians who acknowledge the Nicene Creed (and if there where some Christians showing up who doesn't adhere to the Nicene Creed then they probably wont be kicked out) as the basis for the Christian faith but it is chiefly a council set up to formulate ecclesiastical decisions with regard to the Thrinian Catholic Church itself and as such non-Thrinians though their oppinions will be heard cannot expect to be given voting privileges.

Attendence is open to clergy of all ranks and layity associated with Church leadership but national delegations should be lead by abbots/abbesses, bishops, archbishops, cardinals or patriarchs. If you want to have some bishops or archbishops created please fill out the form in our main thread and Thrinia will be right on it. Cardinals are appointed directly by the pope and doesn't have a form so if you want some of your clergy made cardinals just let me know in the main thread. Patriarchs are only given in special circumstances so if you want one of those please write why you believe that appropriate for your nation in the "Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation" section.

Code: Select all
[b]Nation name:[/b]
[b]Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N):[/b]
[b]If so, of whom?[/b]
[b]Attending clergy (number):[/b]
[b]Individual clergy attending:[/b]
[b]Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N):[/b]
[b]Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation:[/b]
[b]Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation:[/b]

Agenda setting sign-up

Do you have something important you think should be discussed at the Council? Great, fill out the bellow form and if I, the Pope, deem it relevant it will be addressed. You simply name the issue, make a brief description of what it is about and then announce which of the Congregations of the Genevois Curia the issue concerns (If in doubt ask). For example if you want to discuss liturgy its the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments while if you want to reinvent the Inquisition its the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith you need.

[b]Issue:[/b]
[b]Description of Issue:[/b] (1-2 paragraphs)
[b]Congregation(s) of relevance to issue:[/b]

Current agenda

The recurring theme of the entire Council is the establish a Thrinian Catholic Doctrine and issues relating to this subject will take precedence to everything else. Do also note that matters of administration will largely be decided by the Pope himself and if they are raised at the council will simply to hear some advise on the matter.

Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
  • Questions pertaining to the Bible
  • Papal primacy and infallibility?
  • Pope in Black Thesis

Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments

Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
  • Significance and form of Church missionary activity
  • Relations with other Roman Catholic Churches

Congregation for the Causes of the Saints

Congregation for Bishops

Congregation for the Clergy
  • Female ordination?
  • Right and responsibilities of priest
  • Pastoral care
  • Clerical celibacy

Congregation for the Independent Churches
  • Charter of the autonomous churches

Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life

Congregation for Catholic Education
Last edited by The Papal City on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deus Vult. God Wills It. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti, the Concilium Oecumenicum Genevensis is hereby called. Catholics of the NS World convene.

The Papal City is the legal representation of the Thrinian Catholic Church all around the world. Current pope is John Paul III, formerly Daeron Cardinal Ancalimë, archbishop of Jerusalem
Pope John Paul III is RP'ed by Of the Quendi
The Thrinian Catholic Church makes no claims to be a representation of the RL catholic church, nor does it seek to in anyway debase or criticize it. The Thrinian Catholic Church is an ongoing religion building project functioning as a Catholic Church on NS relating to NS issues.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:32 am

Nation name: Arda i Eruhíni
Attending clergy (number): 79
Individual clergy attending: Celdrahil VII, Patriarch of Yôzâyan
Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N): Yes
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: Approximately 80 million people in the Empire and several hundred million in the overseas possessions
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: The Thrinian Catholic Church in Aman is chiefly represented by the Reformed Oriental Catholic Church of Aman, a sui iuris autonomous church of the oriental church that centers around the Patriarchate of Yôzâyan. The church is strongly tied to numerous other christian denominations of Aman and is currently winning a battle against the Eastern Catholic Church of Aman which is in communion with Rome for the status of Primacy over all Catholics in Aman and many of her colonies. Country of origin of the pope.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Thrinia
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thrinia » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 am

Nation name:The Free State of Thrinia
Attending clergy (number):40, 12 Bishops, and 27 Monks and 1 Cardinal.
Individual clergy attending:Francois Cardinal della Rovere.
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation:98% Of the population. (80.000.000)
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation:
The Thrinian Catholic Church was founded in Thrinia, by our Pope Innocent XIV.
And it is still where most funds, clergy, books, missionaries bibles, and vestments come from.
In Thrinia, the Church is the foundation of everyday life.
Yet the faithful still have a healthy defiance when it comes to authority.
Without breaking the rules that is, but they often come close. ;)

Issue:The significance of the primacy of Rome (Geneva)
Description of Issue:
Since there are a lot of semi-independent patriarchs in the Thrinian Catholic Church, it is time to discuss unity, less we drift apart.
Congregation(s) of relevance to issue:The Congregation for Bishops.
Last edited by Thrinia on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46322
OOC:The Thrinian Catholic Church by no means claims to be a representation of the RL catholic church, nor does it seek to in anyway debase Rome. It simply remains a NS religion making project.
IC Population: 80.000.000
My Ideology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6lzPcOdzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL6gLm7vgM0

Yellow Zone 20-A
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellow Zone 20-A » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:17 am

Nation name:The Prosperous Peoples Republic of Yellow Zone 20-A
Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N): Y
If so, of whom? Thrinia
Attending clergy (number):90
Individual clergy attending:Auxiliary Bischop Jeremy Battista della Chiesa.
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation:50% of our 900.000.000 Population.
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation:
Very socially active, extremely popular with the nations youth, and a cornerstone in most peoples lives.
A real missionary diocese.
Last edited by Yellow Zone 20-A on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Actual Taxes in the Prosperous Peoples Republic of Yellow Zone 20-A: 29%, and 60% for the rich.
Revelation 9:3-Peace Through Power!

Atherille
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Atherille » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am

Entity name: The Jurengan Catholic Church (representing the 50 nations of the continent of Jurenga)

Is your nation a puppet? (Y/N): Roleplayed by the Grand Duchy of Atherille

Attending clergy (number): Three, chosen to represent the Jurengan Church by our Synod of Bishops

Individual clergy attending: Archbishop Albert Rhodes of Melrendon
Archbishop Henry Stanwick of Northington (attended the Council of Jerusalem)
Bishop Robert Cavendish of Keene

Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation: The Jurengan Catholic Church represents the 107 million Catholics of Jurenga of which 58 million are Thrinian and 49 million are Roman

Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church: Catholicism is the official religion of most of the nations of Jurenga. Since the foundation of the Thrinian Church, a majority of the faithful and clergy have migrated to the new church. The reasons for this are primarily concern for greed within the Roman Church and the Roman Pontiff's seeming lack of desire to deal with the sexual abuse that has scandalized the Church. The Jurengan Synod of Bishops is currently divided on the decision to complete the break between the two Rites and form two distinct Churches or to mend their differences and remain intact as one. The Council of Geneva will be the catalyst of their ultimate decision.

Issue: Pope in Black Thesis
Description of Issue: One issue of great contention at the Council of Jerusalem was the promotion of the Pope in Black Thesis. The Jurengan clergy in attendance at the time were against its inclusion in the Thrinian Doctrine as it is pure supposition and marginalized fiction. We seek to pursue the complete rejection of the Thesis and its removal from all Thrinian portals.
Congregation(s) of relevance to issue: Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Issue: Relations with the Roman Church
Description of Issue: As the Thrinian Church is ultimately a schismatic church that broke from the Roman Church, and as the Thrinian Church exists side by side the Roman Church in most nations, a stabilization of relations between the two should be addressed and pursued. It is a disservice to our congregations, especially in areas in which there exists only one church serving the two congregations. What form of collaboration should be pursued with the Roman clergy? This issue is of special note to the Jurengan Church as our Synod of Bishops will be shaping their decision to reunite with the Roman Church on its outcome.
Congregation(s) of relevance to issue: Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples

As the primary issue in which we are interested - Independent Churches - will already be addressed, the remainder of our issues are purely administrative. However, we would like them addressed as they will define the next pontificate and the future of the Thrinian Church.
  • State visits by the Pope - Perhaps owing to his advanced age, the pontificate of John Paul III has been bereft of papal visits to faithful nations. We would like future pontiffs to be beholden to frequent state visits.
  • Genevois Curia - The Curia should actively promote the Church internationally, a task that it has not significantly attempted. The appointment of additional members of the Curia tasked with spreading the word of the Church would satisfy this issue.
  • Communication - Again perhaps owing to his advanced age, few messages have been released by John Paul III during his pontificate, especially since the New Year message in January. We would like to see weekly messages from the Pope to the Faithful.
  • Synods of Bishops - This will be the first Church-wide meeting of Bishops since the Council of Jerusalem in 2010. The Synod of Bishops should meet annually to discuss current issues of the church and advise the pontiff.
Deus Vult. God Wills It. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti, the Concilium Oecumenicum Genevensis is hereby called. Catholic of the NS World convene.

Atherille
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atherille » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 am

Have you rewritten the canon of John Paul III? I thought he was born in 1930 and was originally named Nobu Adin Grimaldi?
Deus Vult. God Wills It. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti, the Concilium Oecumenicum Genevensis is hereby called. Catholic of the NS World convene.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Atherille wrote:Have you rewritten the canon of John Paul III? I thought he was born in 1930 and was originally named Nobu Adin Grimaldi?

Nobu Adin Grimaldi is a name from an earlier naming convention used in my country where people had names from different RL naming conventions (Nobu is Japanese and Grimaldi French or Italian). His new name is according to the updated Quendi naming conventions but other than that there is no changes of note to his character.

Regarding his year of birth that is a bit of a tricky matter. He was born the 3rd of December 1930 AD but also the 18th Ringarë 1414 ABY which is not the same year (but the same date) the reasoning behind this is that IC tim would necessarily have to move in a different pace than RL time as real time would make everything we do take forever. As a result he is ninety four not eighty three and has aged one a half decade over the course of little more than two years.

Everyone above accepted, issues will be added to the OP momentarily.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

New Acardia
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Acardia » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:59 pm

The Constitutional Republic of New Acardia
Cardinal Casimir Jordon
Cardinal Stephen Brzezinski
and 30 bishops
40 priest
40 monastics
35 lay people
All Thriain Catholics
New Acardia is not a puppet.
Most Catholics in New Acardia are Thriain Catholic
Those who joined The Thriain National Catholic Church did so because they though that Rome was to liberal and corrupt. So The Thriain Catholic Church has an Conservative out look on most issues. Also the largest monastic order in New Acardia is The Society of the Cross and Thorns
Last edited by New Acardia on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quotes
Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.
Faith with out works is a dead faith
Evil wins when Good does nothing
My Factbook
I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian
I am a Tea Party Conservative
I am a American National Unionist
I am a Liberal Conservative

The Papal City
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal City » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 am

Atherille wrote:[*]State visits by the Pope - Perhaps owing to his advanced age, the pontificate of John Paul III has been bereft of papal visits to faithful nations. We would like future pontiffs to be beholden to frequent state visits.

IC wise I don't RP the pope as having been particularly negligent in making travels abroad, though not as much as John Paul II and Benedict XVI have been. An obvious OOC obstacle to making any trips abroad has been that during most of my pontificate there has been about 3-4 active Thrinian countries or less when puppets are excluded. Whether the Pope should travel abroad is a matter that should be decided not at a Council but by the at any time sitting pope but if it is a priority for you, you can make your cardinals vote accordingly at the conclave.
Atherille wrote:[*]Genevois Curia - The Curia should actively promote the Church internationally, a task that it has not significantly attempted. The appointment of additional members of the Curia tasked with spreading the word of the Church would satisfy this issue.

This has also been something I have wanted to do for some time. Presently only one of the Congregations is not run as part of the Papal City administration (Bishops, run by Thrinia) and I would just love if we could establish an active Curia during the next pontificate.
Atherille wrote:[*]Communication - Again perhaps owing to his advanced age, few messages have been released by John Paul III during his pontificate, especially since the New Year message in January. We would like to see weekly messages from the Pope to the Faithful.

That, quite frankly, is not going to happen for the remainder of my pontificate. I have done my best to keep an active church running but I have other priorities as well and making a weekly message is not something I will prioritize especially as I wouldn't know what to put in a weekly update. Perhaps a new pope will be more active but I have devoted what time and energy to the TCC that I could spare.
Atherille wrote:[*]Synods of Bishops - This will be the first Church-wide meeting of Bishops since the Council of Jerusalem in 2010. The Synod of Bishops should meet annually to discuss current issues of the church and advise the pontiff.

Thats fine with me.
New acardia wrote:The Constitutional Republic of New Acardia
Cardinal Casimir Jordon
Cardinal Stephen Brzezinski
and 30 bishops
40 priest
40 monastics
35 lay people
All Thriain Catholics
New Acardia is not a puppet.
Most Catholics in New Acardia are Thriain Catholic
Those who joined The Thriain National Catholic Church did so because they though that Rome was to liberal and corrupt. So The Thriain Catholic Church has an Conservative out look on most issues. Also the largest monastic order in New Acardia is The Society of the Cross and Thorns

Accepted.
Deus Vult. God Wills It. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti, the Concilium Oecumenicum Genevensis is hereby called. Catholics of the NS World convene.

The Papal City is the legal representation of the Thrinian Catholic Church all around the world. Current pope is John Paul III, formerly Daeron Cardinal Ancalimë, archbishop of Jerusalem
The Thrinian Catholic Church makes no claims to be a representation of the RL catholic church, nor does it seek to in anyway debase or criticize it. The Thrinian Catholic Church is an ongoing religion building project functioning as a Catholic Church on NS relating to NS issues.

Vosona
Envoy

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vosona » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 am

Nation name: Vosona
Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N): N
If so, of whom?
Attending clergy (number): 5
Individual clergy attending: Archbishop Alan Pihringer, Bishop Brice Holbrook, Bishop Gordon Montgomery, Bishop Robert Moore, Deacon Michael Norris
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: 85 million
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: Vosona, has from the very beginning wanted to be a Catholic Nation, as such, we have decided that the Thrinian Catholic Church is the most Christ-like church in existence today. The Bishop of Geneva, is currently recognized as the elected succesor to St. Peter, and first among equals. The Church in Vosona, does not ordain women, because they are keeping in the tradition of old of only ordaining men.
Monarch: HM the King Ryan I of Vosona
Prime Minister: Dr. Jerry Watson (Social Democrat-Evora)
ArchBishop of Vosona:Archbishop Alan Pihringer(elected March 16th, 2013)
State Religion: Roman Catholic Church

The Wacha
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

Nation name: The Wacha
If so, of whom? N/A
Individual clergy attending: All of the arch bishops of the Wacha. Bojaz Venka, Marković Horvat, Andrew Tóth, John Farkas, Anthony Rácz
Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N): Yes 2 of them are
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: 20% of the population
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: we have a decent amount of Thrinian Catholics but a majority of the population are Jewish including the Grand Senator.

Atherille
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atherille » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

The Papal City wrote:
Atherille wrote:[*]State visits by the Pope - Perhaps owing to his advanced age, the pontificate of John Paul III has been bereft of papal visits to faithful nations. We would like future pontiffs to be beholden to frequent state visits.

IC wise I don't RP the pope as having been particularly negligent in making travels abroad, though not as much as John Paul II and Benedict XVI have been. An obvious OOC obstacle to making any trips abroad has been that during most of my pontificate there has been about 3-4 active Thrinian countries or less when puppets are excluded. Whether the Pope should travel abroad is a matter that should be decided not at a Council but by the at any time sitting pope but if it is a priority for you, you can make your cardinals vote accordingly at the conclave.
Atherille wrote:[*]Genevois Curia - The Curia should actively promote the Church internationally, a task that it has not significantly attempted. The appointment of additional members of the Curia tasked with spreading the word of the Church would satisfy this issue.

This has also been something I have wanted to do for some time. Presently only one of the Congregations is not run as part of the Papal City administration (Bishops, run by Thrinia) and I would just love if we could establish an active Curia during the next pontificate.
Atherille wrote:[*]Communication - Again perhaps owing to his advanced age, few messages have been released by John Paul III during his pontificate, especially since the New Year message in January. We would like to see weekly messages from the Pope to the Faithful.

That, quite frankly, is not going to happen for the remainder of my pontificate. I have done my best to keep an active church running but I have other priorities as well and making a weekly message is not something I will prioritize especially as I wouldn't know what to put in a weekly update. Perhaps a new pope will be more active but I have devoted what time and energy to the TCC that I could spare.
Atherille wrote:[*]Synods of Bishops - This will be the first Church-wide meeting of Bishops since the Council of Jerusalem in 2010. The Synod of Bishops should meet annually to discuss current issues of the church and advise the pontiff.

Thats fine with me.

You are right in that these issues might better be addressed by the next Pope. My point in recommending the appointment of additional members of the Curia is to address the issue of not many active nations roleplaying within the church community. If we actively promote the Church, perhaps membership and general activity levels will increase as well. These issues can be addressed after the conclave.

Vagabundas
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vagabundas » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am

Can I send a non-Thrinian Catholic delegation to the council? I was planning to send Vagabundian Catholic representatives to show how it's been our Reformed Church for all those 400 years since it's foundation!
King Mark III

Prime-Minister: Henrique Rodrigues da Mota aka HRM

Royal Cabinet of the Constitutional Monarchy of Vagabundas:
Deputy Prime-Minister: William Layton
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Claude Vontrammp
Minister of the Economy: Júlio Montenegra
Minister of Social Security: John Bridges
Minister of Education and Culture: Julia Windelhanm
Minister of Infraestructure: Arthur Virencio
Minister of Defense: Lord H.K. Camphbell
Minister of Labor and Employment: Lady Kate Hoffmann
Minister of Transportation: Fernando Kavadiña
Minister of Environment: Luisa P. Castro
President of the UHS (Unified Health System): Dr. Jorge Varella
Secretary of Sports: Jefferson Doyle

The Papal City
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal City » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 am

Vosona wrote:Nation name: Vosona
If so, of whom?
Individual clergy attending: Archbishop Alan Pihringer, Bishop Brice Holbrook, Bishop Gordon Montgomery, Bishop Robert Moore, Deacon Michael Norris
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: 85 million
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: Vosona, has from the very beginning wanted to be a Catholic Nation, as such, we have decided that the Thrinian Catholic Church is the most Christ-like church in existence today. The Bishop of Geneva, is currently recognized as the elected succesor to St. Peter, and first among equals. The Church in Vosona, does not ordain women, because they are keeping in the tradition of old of only ordaining men.

Accepted, but do note that as part of the Thrinian Catholic Church the Church in Vosona will accept whatever policy on female ordination, or any other issues, that the church in general decide upon. Being part of a Church that is more than just your own nation means accepting what is decided by that Church. On the positive side that means a lot of RP'ing opportunities and the chance to be part of something extending beyond one's own nation.

The Wacha wrote:Nation name: The Wacha
If so, of whom? N/A
Individual clergy attending: All of the arch bishops of the Wacha. Bojaz Venka, Marković Horvat, Andrew Tóth, John Farkas, Anthony Rácz
Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N): Yes 2 of them are
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: 20% of the population
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: we have a decent amount of Thrinian Catholics but a majority of the population are Jewish including the Grand Senator.

Accepted.

Atherille wrote:You are right in that these issues might better be addressed by the next Pope. My point in recommending the appointment of additional members of the Curia is to address the issue of not many active nations roleplaying within the church community. If we actively promote the Church, perhaps membership and general activity levels will increase as well. These issues can be addressed after the conclave.

I am not sure it will work. The Holy See and Curia papacy had all its congregations filled with players not the pope and how many of them do we see around here two years after? But I agree that the lack of more active participants in the Church is problematic and any attempts to change that should be tried. Either way while I may be stepping down as Pope I am far from done with the Thrinian Catholic Church so I also have very selfish reasons for wanting player-controlled congregations. I aim for Doctrine (if Geneva succeeds in establishing one) or Autonomous Churches. ;)

It would however be a priority for me that whoever becomes pope becomes the leader of the Church. Having the various congregations running around in a dozen directions would be unacceptable to me so if we get active congregations we should have regular contact between the Papal City and the various congregations where the pope should have complete power over what happens when, where and how.

Vagabundas wrote:Can I send a non-Thrinian Catholic delegation to the council? I was planning to send Vagabundian Catholic representatives to show how it's been our Reformed Church for all those 400 years since it's foundation!

Of course, thats why there is an option in the sign-up for non Thrinian catholics. There are far too few opportunities in NS to RP global religious events so I have made the Council an open one, but as I also states non-Thrinians can state an opinion but they cannot partake in any votes that may be undertaken.

By the way, the PR people of the Papacy encourages participants of the Geneva Council to add the following message to their signature in order to increase awareness about our Council. Furthermore anyone who know someone or think they know someone who might be interested in partaking are asked to contact them in that regard. Thanks.

[align=center][b]Deus Vult. God Wills It. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti, the [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=231926]Concilium Oecumenicum Genevensis[/url] is hereby called. Catholic of the NS World convene.[/b][/align]
Last edited by The Papal City on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Wacha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Bojaz Venka is actually hoping to become the next pope so he will be pushing to become a Cardinal and try and make friends with the current Cardinals.

Vagabundas
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vagabundas » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 pm

The Wacha wrote:Bojaz Venka is actually hoping to become the next pope so he will be pushing to become a Cardinal and try and make friends with the current Cardinals.

Those Cardinals who enter in the Conclave as Pope, leave it as Cardinals!

Classic Prediction in Brazil Media, always right...
Last edited by Vagabundas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Mark III

Prime-Minister: Henrique Rodrigues da Mota aka HRM

Royal Cabinet of the Constitutional Monarchy of Vagabundas:
Deputy Prime-Minister: William Layton
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Claude Vontrammp
Minister of the Economy: Júlio Montenegra
Minister of Social Security: John Bridges
Minister of Education and Culture: Julia Windelhanm
Minister of Infraestructure: Arthur Virencio
Minister of Defense: Lord H.K. Camphbell
Minister of Labor and Employment: Lady Kate Hoffmann
Minister of Transportation: Fernando Kavadiña
Minister of Environment: Luisa P. Castro
President of the UHS (Unified Health System): Dr. Jorge Varella
Secretary of Sports: Jefferson Doyle

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 am

The Wacha wrote:Bojaz Venka is actually hoping to become the next pope so he will be pushing to become a Cardinal and try and make friends with the current Cardinals.

If you want to make one of your characters a Cardinal make a post in the main thread stating that, then JPIII will give him that position. A rule I intend to introduce for the next conclave is that every nation willing to participate regardless of whether the TCC is prominent in their country or not is entitled to one cardinal. Additional cardinals will be given countries in which the Thrinian Catholic population is very large.
Vagabundas wrote:

Those Cardinals who enter in the Conclave as Pope, leave it as Cardinals!

Classic Prediction in Brazil Media, always right...

A prediction that also held true at the Thrinian Catholic Conclave. Patriarch Celdrahil entered the conclave as a pope while Cardinal Ancalimë had no such ambitions. (though OOC'ly I was rooting for Ancalimë)
Nation RP name

The Wacha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Bojaz Venka wishes to become the Wacha's first cardinal

The Papal City
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal City » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 am

The Wacha wrote:Bojaz Venka wishes to become the Wacha's first cardinal

That sort of thing really belongs in the main thread but fair enough. *waves a crosier over head* "abracadabra." Aaaand, he is not a cardinal. A Cardinal Priest to be exact. He will receive a church in Geneva (and one in Rome for which he will be a pretender) and the red robes of a cardinal.

Hessenheim
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessenheim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 am

Nation name: The Principality of Hessenheim

Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N): No

Attending clergy (number): 1

Individual clergy attending: Bishop Fremont Pieter Auttenburg

Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: Currently most of the population. An estimate could not be given at this time.

Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: The Thrinian Catholic Church is a powerful driving force in matters of state as well as the social lives of many in the nation. Although the church is not powerful as it once was, it still maintains a faithful membership in Hessenheim. It has been a tradition for the Bishop of Hessenheim to participate in the coronation of the Prince of Hessenheim and place the crown atop the head of the Prince. The Bishop will then bless the Prince and the future of the nation he leads. The Thrinian Church is very influential in Hessenheim.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Hessenheim wrote:Nation name: The Principality of Hessenheim

Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: Currently most of the population. An estimate could not be given at this time.

Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: The Thrinian Catholic Church is a powerful driving force in matters of state as well as the social lives of many in the nation. Although the church is not powerful as it once was, it still maintains a faithful membership in Hessenheim. It has been a tradition for the Bishop of Hessenheim to participate in the coronation of the Prince of Hessenheim and place the crown atop the head of the Prince. The Bishop will then bless the Prince and the future of the nation he leads. The Thrinian Church is very influential in Hessenheim.

Accepted, but by the way you describe it I think it would be appropriate for the Thrinian Catholic Church to "promote" the church in the Principality of Hessenheim from a diocese to an archdiocese with an associated Ecclesiastic province, and as a consequence promote Bishop Auttenburg to Archbishop.
Nation RP name

Hessenheim
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessenheim » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Hessenheim wrote:Nation name: The Principality of Hessenheim

Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: The Thrinian Catholic Church is a powerful driving force in matters of state as well as the social lives of many in the nation. Although the church is not powerful as it once was, it st[region][/region]ill maintains a faithful membership in Hessenheim. It has been a tradition for the Bishop of Hessenheim to participate in the coronation of the Prince of Hessenheim and place the crown atop the head of the Prince. The Bishop will then bless the Prince and the future of the nation he leads. The Thrinian Church is very influential in Hessenheim.

Accepted, but by the way you describe it I think it would be appropriate for the Thrinian Catholic Church to "promote" the church in the Principality of Hessenheim from a diocese to an archdiocese with an associated Ecclesiastic province, and as a consequence promote Bishop Auttenburg to Archbishop.

AHHH. Ok, got it.

The Papal City
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal City » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 am

Nation name: The Papal States
Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N): Y, obviously
If so, of whom? At the moment of the Quendi
Attending clergy (number): 189
Individual clergy attending: John Paul III, Bishop of Geneva (and Rome), Pope and Supreme Pontif of the Universal Church
Francesco Cardinal Marengo, President of the Pontifical Commission for the Papal States

Armand Cardinal Richelieu, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
Jean-Claude Cardinal Mazarin, Prefect of the Congregation for the Autonomous Churches
Cosimo Cardinal de' Medici, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of Sacraments
Gianlorenzo Cardinal Odeschalchi, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Laurent Cardinal de Condé, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy
Francesco Cardinal Sforza, Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
Romano Cardinal Orsini, Prefect of the Congregation for Catholic Education

Findekáno i Calaquendë Turukánion nos-Ancalimë, Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Geneva
Marguerite de Laborde de Monpezat, Archabbess of the Archmonastery of Junia the Apostle, Baroness of Ternier

Other significant members of the Genevois Curia.
Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N): Y
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: Surprisingly, its quite small
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: We are the Thrinian Catholic Church. The Papal States consist of the ecclesiastical dominion of the Sovereign and Apostolic City of Geneva of the Holy Cross of which the Pope is the constitutional head of state and the Papal Barony of Ternier, which joined the with the Papal City to form the Papal States upon the decision of Baroness Marguerite de Laborde de Monpezat to become a nun. The Genevois Curia is located in the Papal States of which most of its members, Cardinals Catulus and della Rovere excluded, are natives of.

Melcenea
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Melcenea » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 am

Nation name: The Most Catholic Empire of Melcenea
Are your nation a puppet? (Y/N): Y
If so, of whom? of the Quendi
Attending clergy (number): 931
Individual clergy attending: Gnaeus Hortensius Cardinal Catulus, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Tiberius Cassius Cardinal Licinius, Archbishop of Nicomedia and de facto primus inter pares of the Church in Melcenea
Servius Domitius Albus, Abbot of the Saint Francis Xavier Monastery in Chiospolis
Thrinian Catholic? (Y/N): Y, Y and Y
Size of Thrinian Catholic Congregation in Nation: 73 % Thrinian Catholics
Summation of the Thrinian Catholic Church in your Nation: Christianity has a long and illustrious history in Melcenea, yet it was not before the arrival of Francis Xavier in 1545 that Roman Catholicism became the dominant religion. In 1611 the devout emperor Gaius Aemilius Ursus proclaimed it the state religion and outlawed all other religions except shinto and, in specific regions, Judaism, Zoroastrianism and Buddhism. This, in combination with the Aemilian-Ursinian Dynasty's enthusiastic, but unsuccessful, support for the Catholic cause during the Thirty Years' War prompted the Papacy to name the Melcenea, the Most Catholic Empire, a name it has proudly went by since.

Though initially very sceptic of the schism of Charles Rouan in Thrinia, the Most Catholic Empire saw a large amount of its laity defect from the Roman Catholic Church during the early years of the schism as the Church in Melcenea had grown very elitist and detached from the every day life of the common man. It was however not until the election of Findamir Ancalimë as Pope before a significant amount of clergy would convert to the Thrinian side, and in the second year of the John Pauline Pontificate Emperor Lucius Cassius Lepidus proclaimed the allegiance of his country to Geneva after having his cousin Tiberius Cassius Catalus confirmed as Cardinal and receiving assurances that the Holy See would respect and continue the close symbiotic relationship between the Melcenean Monarchy and the Papacy.

The Papal City
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal City » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 am

The IC thread will be up the day after tomorrow.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents