NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 5, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Olthar wrote:Of course. I'm not arguing that at all, and I never have been. In fact, I willingly admit that they are very likely even richer than Jojo.

D is the richest man alive.

He wisely spends this money on Maxwell House coffee and updates for HAL.

D doesn't even possess blood anymore. He just has coffee in his veins. :P
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:D is the richest man alive.

He wisely spends this money on Maxwell House coffee and updates for HAL.

D doesn't even possess blood anymore. He just has coffee in his veins. :P

D regularly coughs up blood due to the many, many medical conditions he's developed over the years of being a freak of nature that broke the laws of Death.

So, probably, yeah. :p
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Olthar wrote:D doesn't even possess blood anymore. He just has coffee in his veins. :P

D regularly coughs up blood due to the many, many medical conditions he's developed over the years of being a freak of nature that broke the laws of Death.

You know, Jojo could probably cure him of those problems. ;)

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Olthar wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:D regularly coughs up blood due to the many, many medical conditions he's developed over the years of being a freak of nature that broke the laws of Death.

You know, Jojo could probably cure him of those problems. ;)

D could probably cure him of his obsession with his sister, too.

(dodges Optimus Prime)

Goodbye.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:39 pm

kay.

Sisitu’s Los Angeles apartment was state of the art. It might have once had a nice view, but the effect was spoiled by the levitating roads stacked on top of each other like so many pancakes piled high above street level. It didn’t matter a great deal, as Sisitu’s window was a high-resolution LCD scrying pool. She could change the view to anything she wanted, delivered to her in real-time with zero delay. Magitech. Everything was magitech now. She could order groceries online and have them teleported to her apartment in an instant. Travel by teleportation was already becoming more and more widespread. The levitating roads would soon be obsolete, barely a decade after they’d been built. State of the art. The phrase didn’t mean much anymore. Who could say what state the art would be in tomorrow? Sisitu’s mind briefly flashed back to an enjoyable night spent with a soldier, so many years ago. “Forged steel,” he’d said proudly as he showed her his new sword “It cuts right through the old bronze weapons and stays sharp for weeks. It’s like we’re living in the future.” State of the art.

Sisitu turned away from her window, currently showing the view from some five-star hotel in Trinidad. She had lived in LA for seventeen years now, and the US for ninety-two. She had been in Nepal, avoiding both world wars, when she had heard the old man had died. Some sort of accident in that school he’d started back in the 1880s. His protégé, who was calling himself Aleister Crowley now, had been vague on the detail and she hadn’t pressed him. She arrived in England in time for his funeral. Just a face among the throng of teachers and students there to mourn the headmaster. It had been startling to see so many of them. People like her, strange people, people who weren’t people at all. So many all in one place. She had never visited the school before, and she hadn’t seen the old man since the 13th century. There was always time to reconnect later, until one day there wasn’t. After that, Nepal lost its flavour. China had invaded Tibet and India tried to counterbalance the perceived threat by making Nepal its puppet. Seeing the decades of government wrangling ahead, Sisitu packed up and left. Besides, Nepal was an old country. She no longer wished to be around old, dead things.

The United States had been new and exciting in the 1950s. The atomic age had begun. Innovation and prosperity mingled with paranoia and the prospect of total annihilation. Something about the atmosphere attracted Sisitu. Things had changed completely by the 60s, and again in the 70s. Perhaps that’s why Sisitu had stayed in the States so long. It was hard to get bored in a country that was constantly reinventing itself. And then Armageddon had come. Not the one the Americans of the 1950s had feared. No, this was much worse. But then it was over. Aleister Crowley and his Elfen High compatriots had saved them all. Once again the details were nebulous, but it was clear to everyone that the world would never be the same again. And since then, the United States had been reinventing itself every week.

Sisitu felt old. Innovation and prosperity were leaving a sour taste on her tongue. Perhaps it was time to return to something old. Something solid. She thought of the old man’s words to her almost a thousand years ago, the ones that had reunited her with her baby after so many years. Time distils most things down to their essence, he had said. What had time made of Sisitu? A bitter old woman rotting away in an expensive apartment, scowling at a world she never made? It was time for a change. Time to follow in the old man’s footsteps. Time to write the future herself. He had been a teacher. So would she.
Last edited by Erinkita on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Is the award for being the first to guess one free God murder?
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Is the award for being the first to guess one free God murder?

No, it's one hour with Mr. Fluffypaws.

Goodbye.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Is the award for being the first to guess one free God murder?

No, it's one hour with Mr. Fluffypaws.

Nuuuuuuu
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Erinkita wrote:kay.

Sisitu’s Los Angeles apartment was state of the art. It might have once had a nice view, but the effect was spoiled by the levitating roads stacked on top of each other like so many pancakes piled high above street level. It didn’t matter a great deal, as Sisitu’s window was a high-resolution LCD scrying pool. She could change the view to anything she wanted, delivered to her in real-time with zero delay. Magitech. Everything was magitech now. She could order groceries online and have them teleported to her apartment in an instant. Travel by teleportation was already becoming more and more widespread. The levitating roads would soon be obsolete, barely a decade after they’d been built. State of the art. The phrase didn’t mean much anymore. Who could say what state the art would be in tomorrow? Sisitu’s mind briefly flashed back to an enjoyable night spent with a soldier, so many years ago. “Forged steel,” he’d said proudly as he showed her his new sword “It cuts right through the old bronze weapons and stays sharp for weeks. It’s like we’re living in the future.” State of the art.

Sisitu turned away from her window, currently showing the view from some five-star hotel in Trinidad. She had spent seventeen years in Los Angeles, and ninety-two in the United States. Before that, it had been Nepal. She hid away in the mountains while the world went to war with itself twice. It was 1952 when word reached her that the old man had died. Some sort of accident in that school he’d started back in the 1880s. His protégé, who was calling himself Aleister Crowley now, had been vague on the detail and she hadn’t pressed him. She hadn't spoken at his funeral. She sat in the back, just a face among the throng of teachers and students there to mourn the headmaster. It had been startling to see so many of them. People like her, strange people, people who weren’t people at all. So many all in one place. She had never visited the school before, and she hadn’t seen the old man since the 13th century. There was always time to reconnect later. After that, Nepal lost its flavour. China had invaded Tibet and India tried to counterbalance the perceived threat by making Nepal its puppet. Sisitu had no wish to suffer the decades of government wrangling and infighting that were ahead. Besides, Nepal was an old country. She no longer wished to be around old, dead things.

The United States had been new and exciting in the 1950s. The atomic age had begun. Innovation and prosperity mingled with paranoia and the prospect of total annihilation. Something about the atmosphere attracted Sisitu. Things had changed completely by the 60s, and again in the 70s. Perhaps that’s why Sisitu had stayed in the States so long. It was hard to get bored in a country that was constantly reinventing itself. And then Armageddon had come. Not the one the Americans of the 1950s had feared. No, this was much worse. But then it was over. Aleister Crowley and his Elfen High compatriots had saved them all. Once again the details were nebulous, but it was clear to everyone that the world would never be the same again. And since then, the United States had been reinventing itself every week.

Sisitu felt old. Innovation and prosperity were leaving a sour taste on her tongue. Perhaps it was time to return to something old. Something solid. She thought of the old man’s words to her almost a thousand years ago, the ones that had reunited her with her baby after so many years. Time distils most things down to their essence, he had said. It was time for a change.

Have a title?
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Erinkita wrote:kay.

Sisitu turned away from her window, currently showing the view from some five-star hotel in Trinidad. She had spent seventeen years in Los Angeles, and ninety-two in the United States. Before that, it had been Nepal. She hid away in the mountains while the world went to war with itself twice. It was 1952 when word reached her that the old man had died. Some sort of accident in that school he’d started back in the 1880s. His protégé, who was calling himself Aleister Crowley now, had been vague on the detail and she hadn’t pressed him. She hadn't spoken at his funeral. She sat in the back, just a face among the throng of teachers and students there to mourn the headmaster. It had been startling to see so many of them. People like her, strange people, people who weren’t people at all. So many all in one place. She had never visited the school before, and she hadn’t seen the old man since the 13th century. There was always time to reconnect later. After that, Nepal lost its flavour. China had invaded Tibet and India tried to counterbalance the perceived threat by making Nepal its puppet. Sisitu had no wish to suffer the decades of government wrangling and infighting that were ahead. Besides, Nepal was an old country. She no longer wished to be around old, dead things.

Sisitu felt old. Innovation and prosperity were leaving a sour taste on her tongue. Perhaps it was time to return to something old. Something solid. She thought of the old man’s words to her almost a thousand years ago, the ones that had reunited her with her baby after so many years. Time distils most things down to their essence, he had said. It was time for a change.

Have a title?

Time for Change. Fits both Sisitu's situation and the state of the world.

EDIT: Shit, that's a previous version. Hang on. Some minor edits to make. Just phrasing a couple things better.
Last edited by Erinkita on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:No, it's one hour with Mr. Fluffypaws.

Nuuuuuuu

Mr. Fluffypaws is the furry reincarnation of Mr. Rogers.

Goodbye.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Have a title?

This is oddly appropriate for my latest one shot as well.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Have a title?

EDIT: Shit, that's a previous version. Hang on. Some minor edits to make. Just phrasing a couple things better.

That's cool. :)
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 pm

So, what is the new Powergrid and how many points do I have to use on James?
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Olthar wrote:You know, Jojo could probably cure him of those problems. ;)

D could probably cure him of his obsession with his sister, too.

(dodges Optimus Prime)

Well, at least Jojo was competent enough to figure out how to bring a dead family member back. :p

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:So, what is the new Powergrid and how many points do I have to use on James?

23 general, 14 magic.

EDIT: Actually, it would be 24 and 15 because James is a returning character.
Last edited by Olthar on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:So, what is the new Powergrid and how many points do I have to use on James?

23 general, 14 magic.

Is that for students or staff?
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Liriena wrote:
Olthar wrote:23 general, 14 magic.

Staff I think.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Liriena wrote:
Olthar wrote:23 general, 14 magic.

That's staff. Students get 20 and 10.

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Time for Change. Fits both Sisitu's situation and the state of the world.

This is oddly appropriate for my latest one shot as well.

*is intrigued* When do I get to read it?

Individuality-ness wrote:
Erinkita wrote:Time for Change. Fits both Sisitu's situation and the state of the world.

That's cool. :)

Just trying to curb my awkward prose. :p
Justice for Jane Doe

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Erinkita wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:This is oddly appropriate for my latest one shot as well.

*is intrigued* When do I get to read it?

Few hours ago. :p

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Seriously though, I have no fucking idea how Olthar guessed that stuff. She is a witch.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Seriously though, I have no fucking idea how Olthar guessed that stuff. She is a witch.

I actually haven't been surprised at all so far because of it. Like, while everyone else has been thinking, "Olthar, that's stupid," I've thought, "Well, I'm prepared to see that happen."

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 pm

In any case, I wrapped this up at a good time. Tuesday through Saturday I will be vacationing in Goa. You lot won't particularly need my presence, since the first few days of EH arcs are just the characters talking and meeting each other.

So don't kill each other in that time frame.

When I return, I'll likely throw up RU as well.

For now, I work on starting EH Arc 3.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Seriously though, I have no fucking idea how Olthar guessed that stuff. She is a witch.

It was this post that made it click. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse