NATION

PASSWORD

Men need to be trained to not rape.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grumpy Cat Tard
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Grumpy Cat Tard » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Grumpy Cat Tard wrote:
If I were a mine, I would feel raped every time someone sticks a hammer into me, or whatever those things are, or blasts me for my precious cargo.

You might be asking for it, what with all that sparkling diamonds all up in you and all, how can we resist that siren call?

Obviously. I am. Especially if I flaunt it and show you my luscious diamond veins.

I'm such a slutty mine.
Ever read a book or see a film that touches you so deeply that it changes your entire world view?
I just took a poop like that.

Lunalia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunalia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:It's weird how people just can't seem to understand that when people say "RAH RAH I HATE RAPISTS" they're not actually talking about >90% of actual rapists. Just because one particular KIND of rape is roundly denounced does not mean rape as an issue is. It's clearly not, with all the people using terms like "tease" and "led me on" and "slut" and "asking for it". People are ignorant, hence the continuation of rape culture.

That's the thing that frustrates me the most. Everyone agrees in principle that they hate rape. But they are working from their own ideas about what rape is, and exempting every kind of rape that doesn't fit their narrow definition. As we've seen repeatedly on these recent threads.

This, many times.

One time in high school, one of my sixteen year old friends was laughing about how she had snuck into the room of one of her brother's 24-27 (I forget the exact number, but the age difference was enough that it was a case of an adult having sex with a minor) year old friends when he was staying at their house for the night, and had sex with him, taking advantage of the fact that he was drunk out of his mind. She was bragging about it. And when I told her that that sounded like rape, she replied "he isn't going to say anything because if he does he's the one who's going to get in trouble."

In the classes where they have speakers come in with a bunch of pH testing liquids and acids and bases and give you a lecture equating losing your virginity to contaminating a glass of clean water and equating deciding to stop having sex and practicing abstinence to adding something to the pH solution to make it clear again and "regaining your virginity" they would be better off teaching students that rape isn't even most of the time the violent crime show drama that people associate it with.
Last edited by Lunalia on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Auralia wrote:
The Catholic Church teaches that participation in gay "commitment ceremonies" is wrong.

You may not have noticed, but New Mexico is not located in Vatican City.

Xathranaar
Minister

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Xathranaar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Grumpy Cat Tard wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:"Hey mine, is it okay if I mine you? No answer? Fuck, where can I find a mine willing to let me mine it?!"

If I were a mine, I would feel raped every time someone sticks a hammer into me, or whatever those things are, or blasts me for my precious cargo.

Think of it not so much as "rape" but as "an explosive enema."
My views summarized.
The Gospel According to Queen.
It is possible that some of my posts may not be completely serious.

Grumpy Cat Tard
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Grumpy Cat Tard » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Xathranaar wrote:
Grumpy Cat Tard wrote:

Think of it not so much as "rape" but as "an explosive enema."

Ask me, ask me. If I consent, you can 'exploit' me all you want. You and your enema. But seek my consent.
Ever read a book or see a film that touches you so deeply that it changes your entire world view?
I just took a poop like that.

Aussie Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aussie Republic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm

YellowApple wrote:
Whore of Babylon? I don't imagine being an Iraqi prostitute to be a very pleasant occupational experience :lol:

Perhaps...sex goddess?
[]I am THE SEX GODDESS OF THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE

Shit, this is long. The entire Biblical world is in the Eastern Hemisphere
Oceania-Eurasia-Eastasia wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
That's the thing that frustrates me the most. Everyone agrees in principle that they hate rape. But they are working from their own ideas about what rape is, and exempting every kind of rape that doesn't fit their narrow definition. As we've seen repeatedly on these recent threads.

I'm pretty sure coal mining isn't rape.

It wouldn't suprise me with how stupid the world is becoming, but only if the mine is female. Of coarse, we will never know, since we are eliminating gender roles, unless she starts menstruating, which will determin she's a female, then she will be given more rights then the male mines, just because she is a female mine, despite the fact that we're eliminating gender roles...
New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:

"WHEN I ASKED MY FRIEND HE SAID HE REALLY DIDN'T APPROVE OF RAPE!" "Oh, really? I guess nobody has ever once condoned rape then."

Except the rapist...
YellowApple wrote:
Xathranaar wrote:Which is why I am leading the charge on turning "slut" into a term of endearment.

You're such a slut ;)

:rofl: :lol2:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=australian_republic
My new nation. DOn't bother with this one any more. All issues should be taken up with my new nation

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Aussie Republic wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Perhaps...sex goddess?
[]I am THE SEX GODDESS OF THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE

Shit, this is long. The entire Biblical world is in the Eastern Hemisphere

Yeah, but I didn't know of any poets from that fifteen minutes in the 90s when slam poetry was popular who wrote a poem about the Eastern Hemisphere and sex.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Aussie Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aussie Republic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Aussie Republic wrote:Shit, this is long. The entire Biblical world is in the Eastern Hemisphere

Yeah, but I didn't know of any poets from that fifteen minutes in the 90s when slam poetry was popular who wrote a poem about the Eastern Hemisphere and sex.

Hmmm...
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=australian_republic
My new nation. DOn't bother with this one any more. All issues should be taken up with my new nation

I Want to Smash Them All
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Handy Guide To Not Raping People

Postby I Want to Smash Them All » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am

Unfortunately, some of posters should find this very educational. I came across this looking for something else and I modified the original in various ways, including changes to avoid the horrible offense of not being gender-neutral when discussing rape.

How Not To Rape People:
In my perusings of the modern media landscape, a worrying trend has come to my attention: young people who apparently just can't stop having non-consensual sex with others. It's a tricky problem, and one to which there are, clearly, no easy solutions.

I know how hard it can sometimes be to not be a rapist. It's so difficult to know what the opposite sex wants: do they want us to hold the door open and pay for dinner, or do they want us to wait until they're blind drunk and have sex with them against their will? How can we tell? After all, "Why are young people so strange?"

Indeed, why? When young people are free to go around being strange all over the place, how can men be expected to know how to behave? This is why we see so many comments around the internet along the lines of "Why do these people put themselves in this situation what do they expect they are just after bragging rights they can't change their minds after the fact"?

When people start agreeing with such sentiments, society has gone too far, and this is why I have prepared, for the benefit of humankind, a Handy Guide To Not Raping People. Feel free to print it out and keep it in your shirt pocket, so next time you find yourself in an awkward situation where it seems you have no choice but to rape someone, you can check the guide and gracefully extricate yourself from the sticky predicament.

THE HANDY GUIDE TO NOT RAPING PEOPLE IN SEVEN EASY STEPS

1. When you meet someone who doesn't want to have sex with you, don't have sex with that person.

2. When you meet someone who wants to have sex with one of your friends, remember the golden rule: You Are A Different Person To Your Friends. Maybe this handy mnemonic can help: Yentl Acted As Ducks Probed Three Yucky Frenchmen. This will help you remember that a person who wants to have sex with one person does not necessarily want to have sex with every person he or she meets. Confusing, I know; what can I say - political correctness, etc.

3. If you meet someone who DOES want to have sex with you, but then a bit later he or she says they would rather not, don't have sex with that person. Again, pretty confusing, I know, but it's due to a special Scientific Fact: sometimes people change their minds. Like, remember the time you wanted a kebab, but then you thought no, I'll have a hamburger instead? It's a bit like that, only with sex.

4. When you meet someone who is unconscious, don't have sex with this person. This is true even if the person was drinking before. I may be delving into some fairly arcane theory here, but scientists have discovered there is actually technically a difference between "drinking a lot of alcohol" and "saying yes I want to have sex with you". I realise this difference is probably hard to spot for a lot of people; you might have to squint a bit.

5. When you go home with someone, try not to have sex with that person until after the person says he or she would like to.

6. Practice not having sex with people. I know it's hard - sometimes you just look down and it's like, whoops, I'm having sex with this person, how did that happen? But I bet with a bit of concentration and discipline, you can actually manage to avoid having sex with someone, even when they're in the same room as you. It's true! Anyone can do it! Why, last week I met at least five people who I actually didn't have sex with, without causing myself any particularly severe internal injuries.

7. When you meet someone who doesn't want to have sex with you, don't have sex with that person. I realise I already said this one, but that was five steps ago, and I have a feeling some of you might have slightly short attention spans.

So there you go: seven easy steps to becoming a non-rapist. I bet you didn't think it was that simple, did you? You probably thought you'd need electrodes attached to something. But no, you can do it in your own living room! It's just a matter of staying "on the ball" and learning the difference between a person who wants to have sex with you, and a person who doesn't. One way is by listening to what they say: a person who says "Let's have sex" probably wants to have sex; a person who says "let's not have sex" probably doesn't. I realise listening to what people say will be a new experience for a lot of you, but I'm confident you can manage it. Practise at home first if you like, with a mirror and a disguise.

Anyway, good luck with it all, people! I know you probably think you could never not rape people, but I believe in you! With a little bit of hard work and determination, anyone can not have sex, any time they want! Amazing but true!
Goodbye. I have scrambled my password. Bob Mould, Stupid Now; Tom Waits, I Don't Want to Grow Up; Pixies, Hey; Cracker, Turn On Tune In Drop Out With Me; The Jesus and Mary Chain, Reverence; L7, Shove; Liz Phair, Polyester Bride; Jane's Addiction, Ain't No Right; Amanda Fucking Palmer, Want It Back; Hole, Violet; Butthole Surfers, Pepper; Grateful Dead, New, New Minglewood Blues; Woody Guthrie's I Ain't Got No Home performed by Bruce Springsteen

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 am

I Want to Smash Them All wrote:<snip>

Can I sig this? Or put this in my list of "posts to requote"?
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

I Want to Smash Them All
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby I Want to Smash Them All » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 am

Individuality-ness wrote:

Of course. And, I note, the original source I altered wants the material quoted and spread.
Goodbye. I have scrambled my password. Bob Mould, Stupid Now; Tom Waits, I Don't Want to Grow Up; Pixies, Hey; Cracker, Turn On Tune In Drop Out With Me; The Jesus and Mary Chain, Reverence; L7, Shove; Liz Phair, Polyester Bride; Jane's Addiction, Ain't No Right; Amanda Fucking Palmer, Want It Back; Hole, Violet; Butthole Surfers, Pepper; Grateful Dead, New, New Minglewood Blues; Woody Guthrie's I Ain't Got No Home performed by Bruce Springsteen

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 am

I Want to Smash Them All wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Can I sig this? Or put this in my list of "posts to requote"?

Of course. And, I note, the original source I altered wants the material quoted and spread.

Good point. :)
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 am

Its really good.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Can I sig this? Or put this in my list of "posts to requote"?

Its really good.

I favourited it on my browser. I hope I don't need to use it.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 am

The Steel Magnolia wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:

Its really good.

I have a feeling you will be quite disappointed.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 am

YellowApple wrote:

I'm well aware. I can, still however, be optimistic. It's often the only way I can deal with the world's ills.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 am

YellowApple wrote:

I'm well aware. I can, still however, be optimistic. It's often the only way I can deal with the world's ills.

I'd rather be a pessimist; that way, if things turn out well, I can be pleasantly surprised ;)

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 am

Saint Jade IV wrote:Its really good.

I sigged it and put it on my word doc of "posts to requote". I have too many fucking bookmarks or I'd do that too.

Then again... :P

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 am

I don't feel indoctrinated to rape. I doubt that is indoctrination speaking.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:15 am

The Steel Magnolia wrote:I favourited it on my browser. I hope I don't need to use it.

I sigged it and put it on my word doc of "posts to requote". I have too many fucking bookmarks or I'd do that too.

That... might be quite useful. I'm not really sure why I haven't done that, my NSG favorites folder has 115 links. They're not all quotes, but regardless.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 am

Individuality-ness wrote:I sigged it and put it on my word doc of "posts to requote". I have too many fucking bookmarks or I'd do that too.

That... might be quite useful. I'm not really sure why I haven't done that, my NSG favorites folder has 115 links. They're not all quotes, but regardless.

Okay. So I booked marked it. NS Folder > Quotable Posts. A new folder for this.

*is hunting for the rest of the good posts to repost*

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 am

The Steel Magnolia wrote:That... might be quite useful. I'm not really sure why I haven't done that, my NSG favorites folder has 115 links. They're not all quotes, but regardless.

Okay. So I booked marked it. NS Folder > Quotable Posts. A new folder for this.

Makes me wish I still had a working laptop of my own. My brother doesn't want me making bookmarks and stuff :P
password scrambled

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 am

Condunum wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Okay. So I booked marked it. NS Folder > Quotable Posts. A new folder for this.

Makes me wish I still had a working laptop of my own. My brother doesn't want me making bookmarks and stuff :P

That's why sigs and word docs, Condy. :P

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 am

We are trained not to rape. Clearly, it doesn't work.

Now, if you make the penalty for rape more severe, you might get results.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

I Want to Smash Them All
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby I Want to Smash Them All » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 am

Hathradic States wrote:We are trained not to rape. Clearly, it doesn't work.

Clearly, people are not well trained on what is rape, what is consent, and what is proper behavior when it comes to sex. Beyond this thread and others like it in which ignorance has been displayed, copious studies of the attitudes of young people demonstrate a lack of understanding of these fundamentals.

Hathradic States wrote:Now, if you make the penalty for rape more severe, you might get results.

Education, prevention, and increasing the likelihood one will get caught and punished at all for rape are far more effective solutions. Increasing the severity of punishment does fuck-all if someone does not recognize what they are doing is rape or does not fear getting caught.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 am

I Want to Smash Them All wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:We are trained not to rape. Clearly, it doesn't work.

Clearly, people are not well trained on what is rape, what is consent, and what is proper behavior when it comes to sex. Beyond this thread and others like it in which ignorance has been displayed, copious studies of the attitudes of young people demonstrate a lack of understanding of these fundamentals.
That is because there is no consensus as it what consent is. Furthermore, a rapist won't give two shits about whether consent is given or not.

Hathradic States wrote:Now, if you make the penalty for rape more severe, you might get results.

Education, prevention, and increasing the likelihood one will get caught and punished at all for rape are far more effective solutions.

No, gutting someone who rapes another human being is a far more efficient solution. It also prevents repeat offenders from existing.

Increasing the severity of punishment does fuck-all if someone does not recognize what they are doing is rape or does not fear getting caught.

And educating someone does not stop them if they don't care about wrong or right. And knowing you will get caught goes well with the knowledge that, once caught, you won't live much longer.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General