NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Pragia wrote:Need to get back into habit of multi paragraph posts, I've been slacking.

What's weapon X?

Don't know how to argue against social Darwinist since I kinda am one...

I encourage you to figure out how, many of the best debaters can argue for the opposition as they make a point to learn the opposition's stance through and through both to find weak points in the opposition's argument as well as patching any they might discover in their own.
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Ok Cami could blow the whole arguement out of the water, good post.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Pragia wrote:Ok Cami could blow the whole arguement out of the water, good post.

I really enjoy reading Camicon's character rants, but I do need to ask how many IC posts of that class I may expect from Mighty Asgard?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Pragia wrote:Ok Cami could blow the whole arguement out of the water, good post.

I really enjoy reading Camicon's character rants, but I do need to ask how many IC posts of that class I may expect from Mighty Asgard?

I kinda don't like overdoing it on the posts before the teacher posts again, just because I always think about the fact the teacher would probably intervene by now, and that sort, not just sit there letting them chew each other to pieces with words, or whatever is going on in said class.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Camicon: 2
Orinon: 1
Terintania: 1
Pragia: 1
Corrian: 1
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I miss another fun argument, oh well I actually have a use for this gif Might as well get involved in this mess.
Last edited by Retro Frost on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Calling people idiots in a debate, *sigh* And one wonders why we can't have nice things... lol :)

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Kintain wrote:Calling people idiots in a debate, *sigh* And one wonders why we can't have nice things... lol :)

You'd probably never hear that from Cassie. She finds the word "Idiot" to be harsh. Hell, she hates using the word "hate", because she finds it harsh. Though, when she was angry while thinking about her father, she said she hated her father. It is harder to keep myself from using words like "hate" and "Damn", words Cassie doesn't use, then it seems like it would be.
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Kintain wrote:Calling people idiots in a debate, *sigh* And one wonders why we can't have nice things... lol :)

Oh you are just lucky I still have to be in character, if I didn't, I certainly wouldve either sonic stunned you, froze you, or electrocuted you, or any combination of the 3. You should really look up insane troll logic on TVTropes

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Pragia wrote:

Oh you are just lucky I still have to be in character, if I didn't, I certainly wouldve either sonic stunned you, froze you, or electrocuted you, or any combination of the 3. You should really look up insane troll logic on TVTropes

And you would have proved my point about mindless brutes being enforcers ;)

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Id say by this point my character is highly amused by the short fuses, and agreeing most with Jack's pov. Though honestly she doesnt give a hoot about any of this ethics talk. She is more of a soldier-type, good and evil are meaningless to her in the face of achieving goals... And right now, she is coming to see who has what opinions, temper levels, etc. She's content to hang there and observe the people, rather than get too involved in this discussion, leaving it to everyone else to escalate or wrap up...
I am curious how asgard is going to change the topic towards the actual use of powers, and whether or not some rules for use will be set down.

And... Nobody cares that im on the ceiling, cloaked, for the majority of this class? O.o?
Be silent. Be not still.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Nulvelith wrote:Id say by this point my character is highly amused by the short fuses, and agreeing most with Jack's pov. Though honestly she doesnt give a hoot about any of this ethics talk. She is more of a soldier-type, good and evil are meaningless to her in the face of achieving goals... And right now, she is coming to see who has what opinions, temper levels, etc. She's content to hang there and observe the people, rather than get too involved in this discussion, leaving it to everyone else to escalate or wrap up...

Cassie probably has the calmest temper in the class :)

And... Nobody cares that im on the ceiling, cloaked, for the majority of this class? O.o?

Just another day of school at Super Hero High :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 am

Well, if Edamiel wants attention, Dr. Park could come in and activate his null field and Edamiel could have a nice drop. :P

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 am

Hey, at least she "tried" to participate in the class discussion.
And if she fell, she would most likely break someone or something. Im just amused by this all...
Be silent. Be not still.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:43 am

The Skyrim theme and The Black Mage's version of Clash on the Big Bridge, back to back.

I love you, Pandora.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Almere wrote:
great :p

Name: Samuel "Loco" Morkam
Nationality: British
Height: 5'
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: white with blue tips
Eyes: black
Costume (if any): always dresses in white
Abilities: teleportation, prehensile tail, ability detection
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Born and raised to adolescence in South London in an average working-class family. On a trip to his grandparents in the Canadian Rockies he fell from a small cliff and was in a coma for several weeks. When he awoke, he had suffered amnesia and began undergoing changes and manifestations of his abilities (as well as changes in physical appearance, including a tail, white skin and hair, and pitch-black eye colour). He fled his grandparents' home and went in search of others like him. He finally heard of the High School for those that were different, and went to find it.

Accepted.

Eaglleia wrote:
Name: Razrel Akhal
Nationality:English/Japanese
Height:5'11
Weight:63 kg
Hair:Black
Eyes:Slate Gray
Appearance and another one
Costume (if any):Not apart from his normal clothes
Abilities: Telekinesis, Extremely high physical capabilities, such as endurance, strength, and in particular speed, reduced aging (which really isn't a power), and his sword which, while normally kept sealed, when unsealed, turns into uncountable numbers of small blades, yes, which are pink which he can control via telekinesis. However, his telekinesis is only applicable to his sword, but he's experimenting on making it work on other things.
Subject: I'm not sure actually, I was thinking along the lines of general history, or maybe control of powers but you probably have someone for that already, which subjects are actually available?
Brief Bio:Born in rural Scotland, he inherited his powers from his grandfather, and the two were the only ones to know about it. He was given his sword by said grandfather upon his passing. His parents never knew about his powers, and before they could learn about them, while Razrel himself was only 14 years old, they were killed by a thief. Losing his senses, Razrel shredded the man who killed his parents, and this was witnessed by a few villagers, an as a result he had to escape before anything came of it, for they feared him. After wandering through the countryside, he was taken in by a man who also possessed powers, albeit rather different ones,and the man became his mentor, teaching him how to properly use his own powers. From there he moved to London where he finished his education before partaking in the First World War. During this time period, the man who had taken him in passed on as well, and Razrel moved to America, after which his life became considerably more normal. However, he was eventually pulled again into a war, this time the one to eliminate the vampires. He eventually quit this job and decided to go for a more peaceful one, and to do like his grandfather and mentor had done for him, help those with powers find their way.

That's too many powers.

What should I cut off, then?
I'd just like to make the following clear first, notice that I said particularly speed, so while the others are "enhanced"; thats more in reference to them being exceptional by human standards, so while he can hit extremely hard, for example, he cannot smash through thick materials or something, and while it will take some power to kill him, a powerful enough strike/shot can easily pierce and/or kill. He's not super resistant to elemental things, so, for example, high temperatures won't kill at first, but they will do considerable damage, and continued exposure will kill him. Only the speed is truly a power. Reduced aging....is not really a power, I'd think. So thats 3. Is it okay now? If you want to me to still take off something else, I suppose I can take off telekinesis as a general power and make it only compatible with his sword.
Last edited by Eaglleia on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am

Alas, the horrors of having a station fitted 1) enough cameras for a small city, and 2) A very hyperactive AI.

Also, I have concluded one of my great mental debates over minor details concerning my characters; THEIR ACCENTS.

Think of a mix between a British and New Zealand accent. Go youtube it if you need to, It's 3am and Watery needs his sleep.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Name: Alec Jenson
Nationality: American
Height: 6ft, 3in
Weight: 11 lbs
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: blue
Costume (if any): Does not require one (see abilities)
Abilities: Shape shifting
Subject: A counsellor to offer guidance to the students
Brief Bio: He inherited his power from his mother and upon her death his father, unable to cope with the social pressures of harbouring a mutant, placed him in care. The CIA had been keeping a close eye on Alec for years and following an incident on his 15th birthday (where he had mimicked his least favourite carer and had sexually assaulted another child leading the carer to be imprisoned) he was taken to be experimented upon. When Alec came of age The CIA revealed they had kept his mother hostage and they wielded her against him forcing him to act as a government controlled superhero , codenamed "Liberty-man", where he would assume a male-version form of the Statue of Liberty and do their bidding. However when he had learnt that experimentation upon his mother had resulted in her death he went berserk and destroyed the research lab where they were being held and fled to a Buddhist temple in the Himalayas were he sought spiritual relief from the anger that consumed him, when he was informed of the war that raged around him he felt compelled to aid humanity in their struggle so he donned his "Liberty-man" persona once more. When they emerged victorious he thought that he could return to his tranquil temple however was not allowed entry due to the lives he had taken in the war so when Alec heard of the "Super Hero High" he thought that his personal experiences would allow him to aid others like him with their problems...

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Kintain wrote:
Pragia wrote:Oh you are just lucky I still have to be in character, if I didn't, I certainly wouldve either sonic stunned you, froze you, or electrocuted you, or any combination of the 3. You should really look up insane troll logic on TVTropes

And you would have proved my point about mindless brutes being enforcers ;)

How? Because your character is a being of the idealism nobody here agrees with (minus Edam, and even then idk). And it certainly wouldn't be mindless if we were just annoyed. Alas it would be way too far OOC.

The Magic Hobo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Hobo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Orinon, James is invisible. Permanently.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The Magic Hobo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Hobo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 pm

I was extremely stoned yesterday. I watched Adventure Time on netflix, and ate three bags of doritos, and two 2 liter bottles of mountain dew... I love Colorado...
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Can we have multiple characters?
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:Can we have multiple characters?

Yup
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Well, that took me a while to notice. The flag of the Aboriginal people seems to have caused me great confusion.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Tyberon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyberon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Name: Klaus Schneider
Nationality: German
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 Lbs.
Hair: Platinum Blond
Eyes: Ice Blue
Costume (if any): Black Woodland Design BDU pants (Black, grey, light grey), Black jungle boots, Black Military Wool sweater, and Black fingerless gloves
Abilities: Klaus has the ability to bend Electricity and use against the enemy, He can do almost anything with electricity (Very Similar to Infamous 2)
Subject: Head of Security for the satellite, He runs a tight ship making sure all the students are safe; Sometime he just goes in classrooms to watch teachers do their thing.
Brief Bio:
Klaus, ever since the day he was born, was always a military child. At age 4, his father started teaching him military strategy along with reading and writing. By age 18, Klaus had an extremely strong grasp on military tactics and weaponry as well as Outstanding math grades and he spoke nearly 15 languages. He joined the germany military as a young Lt. and fought in several wars for ten years; quickly rising in rank and reputation. At age 28, He was selected for a superhuman program codenamed Operation Strom-Mann and the end result was him having electrical powers. For many years he used his powers against evil for the interest of his country and gained more and more popularity. When he was 34, he was selected to be the german representative for the satellite and was eventually put as head of security. He has no wife or children.

Please tell me what i should change.
Last edited by Tyberon on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse