NATION

PASSWORD

The Economic Pages - Global Economic News

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
ViZion
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

The Economic Pages - Global Economic News

Postby ViZion » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 pm

The Economic Pages
Your Global Economic News Source!

In Partnership With Global News Feed

In today’s fast-paced world, staying up-to-date with the latest economic news is crucial. However, finding reliable sources that provide accurate and insightful information can be a daunting task. That’s where The Economic Pages comes in! Our platform is dedicated to bringing you the most comprehensive and trustworthy news from the world of business and economics.

Our team of experienced writers, who are experts in their respective fields, work tirelessly to provide you with top-quality content that is both informative and engaging. We cover a wide range of topics, including finance, trade, industry trends, and much more. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just starting out, our articles are tailored to meet your needs.

At The Economic Pages, we believe that knowledge is power. That’s why we strive to keep you informed about the latest developments in the world of economics. So why wait? Subscribe to our news today and stay ahead of the curve!

Top Story

Xavier Investment Corporation Announces Record Interim Profits of $12.2 Billion | By Ambassador Allan Dome
Bledllyn, Hundredstar - Xavier Investment Corporation and its subsidiaries announced record interim profits of $12.2 billion in 2023, up 39% from the previous year. The improved performance was driven by strong contributions from all of the group's businesses, including property, aviation, beverages, marine services, and trading and industrial. The property business was the largest contributor to the group's profits, accounting for $4.8 billion. The aviation business was the second largest contributor, accounting for $3.5 billion. The beverages business contributed $2.1 billion to the group's profits, the marine services business contributed $1.1 billion, and the trading and industrial business contributed $700 million.
[Read The Full Article]

Important News

Eandfeather Group Acquires Dolphin Energies in a $127 Million Deal Plus Equity Shares | By Ambassador Allan Dome
Bledllyn, Hundredstar - In a significant move within the financial industry, Eandfeather Group has announced the acquisition of Dolphin Energies, a leading renewable energy solutions provider, in a deal valued at $127 million. The acquisition also includes the issuance of equity shares, marking a strategic move by Eandfeather to diversify its portfolio into the renewable energy sector. Eandfeather Group, a renowned Hundredstar-based global investment management firm, has been actively seeking opportunities to expand its presence in sustainable and green investment sectors. The acquisition of Dolphin Energies, a Bledllyn-based company known for its pioneering work in solar energy solutions, aligns perfectly with this strategy. The deal includes an initial payment of $127 million in cash, reflecting Eandfeather's commitment to investing in the rapidly growing renewable energy market. Additionally, Dolphin Energies's key executives and employees will receive equity shares in Eandfeather Group, underscoring the company's long-term vision for the partnership.
[Read The Full Article]

Startree Group eyes Terrace Hotels & Suites in Potential Mega-Deal | By Amy Roth
Rumors are flying about a mega-deal in the hotel industry. Sources say that Startree Group, ViZion’s largest hotel operator, is in talks to acquire Terrace Hotels & Suites, a historic luxury brand owned by Keys Airways of Timmy City. The deal could be worth over $300 billion and change the global hospitality landscape.
[Read The Full Article]

The Semiconductor Industry in Hundredstar: Challenges, Opportunities, and the Future | By Ambassador Allan Dome
In the emerging tech hub of Hundredstar, the semiconductor industry is making significant strides, capturing the attention of investors and technology enthusiasts alike. This article delves into the challenges, opportunities, and promising future of the semiconductor sector in Hundredstar, shedding light on its potential to become a regional tech powerhouse. The existence of Hundredstar Silicon Gateway is one of the starting points to make Hundredstar an industry powerhouse.
[Read The Full Article]

There's an Elite, Secretive Airline Membership You Aren't Invited To | By Amy Roth
Vitalita, ViZion - Have you ever heard of the secret club that some airlines have for their most elite flyers? It’s not something you can find on their website or in their brochure. It’s a hidden and exclusive membership level that goes beyond their top tier elite status. ViZionair, one of the world’s leading airlines, has such a club. It’s called the Reserve Elite status, and it’s the most exclusive and prestigious club in the airline industry. You can’t join it by earning a bunch of miles, like the other status levels. You need to meet some super-secret requirements, based on how much you spend and other stuff.
[Read The Full Article]

Global Travel Market Still Down With No Signs of Improvement Near | By Amy Roth
Vitalita, ViZion - The global air travel industry has been severely impacted by the ongoing pandemic. The decline in demand has had a profound effect on airlines worldwide, with only a few able to succeed on a large scale. The market is grappling with limited growth opportunities, making it challenging for airlines to recover.
[Read The Full Article]

Victoria Arms deal with Allanean Defense Exports shakes Arms, Security sectors | By Handel Kang
Cebu City, Visayan Confederation - In a press conference held last night at the Marco Polo Hotel in Lahug District, Samuel Cui announced that a deal with Allanean Defense Exports has been successful. The president and CEO of Victoria Associated Industries, the parent company of Victoria Arms, has gone on record as saying that "this deal is a game-changer for the arms and private security industries of the Confederation. Already twenty of Victoria Arms' best gunsmiths are being selected to undergo training for the new product we will be offering to the public, and once we have unveiled our newest product, you can rest assured that every security company in the Confederation--I'm looking at you people at Greased lightning, by the way--can enjoy cutting-edge weapon systems that translate into more effective security personnel."
[Read The Full Article]

The Console Wars Redux? | By Amy Roth
Vitalita, ViZion - It has been a long time since the last major console war raged on - taking place back in 2009-2011 where over half a dozen massive technology companies put forth their best in an effort to dominate. In the end, the two largest heading into that war, came out of it on top - Gordonopian Enterprises and Next Ingenious Notion. Recently, however, we've seen a major uptick in console releases headlined by companies such as Next Ingenious Notion & Architect, while Wide Format Technology Systems has relaunched its international division with an all-new product as well.
[Read The Full Article]

ViZion World Corporation's Military Industry Play - Could It Work? | By Amy Roth
Vitalita, ViZion - It has been years since ViZion World Corporation's last foray into the military-arms industry, and it proved and expensive misstep for the company. Its attempts to break into the lucrative market are plentiful, and each has ended in failure. Three times, the company has purchased what appeared to be solid bets to grab a strong foothold in the market. All three times, those divisions have ultimately been shuttered after slumping sales that lead to massive corporate losses.[Read The Full Article]

Creation of the Two Seas Trading Company | By Sen Vorico, Sekka Verndara
On November 19, 2017 of the Gregorian calendar, the two multinational companies of Mielle Trading, an ancient organization that has existed for thousands of years & has been passed down from generation to generation of the Vorico family, and the much younger Verndara Emerald Trading Company, a mere centuries-old corporation owned by Parfuhmerie's Head of Economics Sekka Verndara, a demon that had helped Parfuhmerie rise to become one of the world's most prominent commercial centers, had their owners come together in a meeting for the ages.[Read The Full Article]

Will The Risk Pay Off? | By By Peter Strauss
Occhenfjord, New Doltania: Will the risk pay off? This is the question buzzing around the Financial Quarters off cities around the world after ViZionair announced the buyout of Ale Valiane, a small New Doltanian internal airline. Ale Valiane only own 4% of air traffic in New Doltania, compared to the 80% of market dominator Air New Doltania.
[Read The Full Article]

AstCorp Considering Cellular Spinoff? | By Amy Roth
It's never been a secret that Universal Telecom has struggled mightily on the international market. For years, the brand has languished amid tough competition across the globe - small and agile new-comers like Vivaj Mobile and incumbent leaders such as World Cellular have continued to - simply put - demolish the Astyria Corporation cellular division. Even with its affordable pricing, solid global network, and unique pricing and network strategy, it seems the company simply cannot get any further of a foothold in the market.
[Read The Full Article]

ViZionair Setting Airline Industry Pace Again | By Amy Roth
Since its massive growth push back in 2014, its been a very quiet stretch for ViZionair. At the time, ViZionair was the unquestionable mammoth in the room - it had over 1,000 destinations, compared to just 300 for its nearest competitor. And it seems the airline was unstoppable.
[Read The Full Article]

ViZion, Brazil Sign Agreement, Open Trade | By Amy Roth
Two major international economic powers have come to agreements ranging from tourism to trade in what is being hailed as one of the most important global agreements made in recent history. Among other things, this includes Pullman Natural Resources taking a 20% ownership stake in Imperial Oil, one of the world's leading oil companies, and ViZionair taking 20% stake in Royal Brazilian Ltd, a large international airline. In addition, ViZion will be selling gold, titanium, platinum and silver to Brazil at competitive prices, while importing a large amount of beef from Brazil. In the future, more is expected to be added to both lists.
[Read The Full Article]

UK Economic Data: The Gates Are Down | By Hyun Moo Kim
Following a harrowing year in the Astyrian regional economy, recent reports from the Ministry of Trade and Economics may suggest that the economy of the UK may be up and getting ready for take-off. Several Aquitaynian businesses have made it onto the world stage, helping supply the growing amount of confidence that Aquitaynian consumers have in their economy. Similarly, the City of Symphony has recently unveiled its latest project in the travel industry, opening the state-of-the-art Li Yuanhong International Airport just recently in the past few days. Already, companies from both UK constituent nations have received a considerable amount of attention from the World Market, drawing plans from their respective boards of governors and directors for possible expansion.
[Read The Full Article]

Become A Columnist!
Want to become a columnist for The Economic Pages? Becoming a columnist allows your articles to be read instantly without needing prior permission to post about economic and business news from your nation and across the globe! Once you are hired as a columnist, your stories can be posted at any time!
Code: Select all
[b]Columnist[/b]
[i]Your Name:[/i]
[i]Your Age:[/i]
[i]Your Home Nation:[/i]
[i]Any Experience in Business & Economic Fields:[/i]
[i]Past Columnist Jobs:[/i]
[i]Additional Information:[/i]

Write a Guest Article!
Would you like to write a guest article? Fill out the form below. If approved, you will be allowed to submit your article using the format further down this page!
[b]Guest Article[/b]
[i]Your Name:[/i]
[i]Your Age:[/i]
[i]Your Nation:[/i]
[i]Are You:[/i] In Business | In Government | Economist | Other (see below)
[i]If Other, Please Explain:[/i]
[i]Additional Information:[/i]

Posting Your Article
Please see the spoiler for the template required when posting an article.

The Economic Pages Columnist Template

[align=center][size=150][b]The Economic Pages[/b][/size]

[size=125]Insert Headline[/size][/align]
[i]Insert Today's Date
By: Insert Writers Name[/i]

Insert City, Country - Insert Story.

Guest Columnist Template

[align=center][size=150][b]The Economic Pages Guest Article[/b][/size]

[i]Insert Today's Date
Guest Columnist: Insert Writers Name
Insert Writer Position - Business, Government, Economist[/i]

Columnists
Amy Roth - ViZion
Joe Steinman - Delba
Joseph Larkin - Maltropia
Illiaster Anderson - Great Britain and Irelandia

OOC: This is a semi-open thread. You can signup as a columnist, or be a guest writer from a government, economist, or a business. Please use the form and keep your posts limited to IC relation to The Economic Pages.
Last edited by ViZion on Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 42 times in total.
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Columnist
Name: Revrik Tyvar
Home Nation: Federation of Lolloh
Experience in Business and Economics: Former CEO of Lollohian State Airlines (LSA), Dean of Lollohian State University Business College, Economic Minister
Past Columnist Jobs: The Daily Lolloh, The Economist (Lollohian edition), Investigative Journalist during Otriiian Conflict, Bonifatusian Civil War
Additional Info: Hardened by seeing war horrors. Understands the economy and puts it simply, is currently Stock Market Director, popular figure in Lolloh.
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 am

Columnist
Your Name: Joseph Larkin
Your Age: 35
Your Home Nation: Royal Kingdom of Maltropia
Any Experience in Business & Economic Fields: Bachelors Degree in Journalism from the University of Kingsbridge; Bachelors in Economics from the Royal University of Corcaigh Nua
Past Columnist Jobs: Past employee of the Corcaigh Nua Herald; Freelance journalist for the Argensborough Mail, Daily Maltropian and other papers.
Additional Information:
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Revrik Tyvar,

Welcome to The Economic Pages! We are pleased to have you on our staff of world-class columnists! You are welcome to begin posting any of your stories related to business and economy now.

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Joseph Larkin,

Welcome to The Economic Pages! We are very excited to have you join our staff of world-class columnists! You are now welcome to begin posting your business and economic-related stories!

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Spuddsvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Spuddsvania » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm going to become a frequent reader :) :)
"Only a Sith speaks in absolutes" --Obi Wan Kenobi
Note: This is also an absolute

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 pm

The Economic Pages
Daily Stock Market
February 22nd
By Revrik Tyvar
Tynnik, Lolloh- As part of my journalism, I will be giving a daily stock market view on a weekly basis.
Total Points: Start: 9,451 Close: 9,094.9 Loss of: 3.8%
Public Sector:
Lollohian State Airlines (LSA): 256 up 3.4 on news of buying supersonic aircraft
Lollohian State Transport (LST): 301 up 2.7 on news of nationalization of Transport industry
Lollohian Gold (LG): 457 up 12.6 on news of gold find
Lollohian Silver (LS): 186 down 2.1 on news of declining silver prices
Private Sector:
United Uranium Mining (UUM): 1,236 down 29.6 on news of government regulation
Lollohian Steel (LS): 1,543 up 13.4 on news of iron deposit
World Oil (WO): 2,016 down 123.4 on news of enviromental regulation
Global Arms (GA): 3,456 down 237.3 on news of government defense cutbacks

My Embassy Program

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:10 pm

The Economic Pages

ViZion World Corporation Looking to Hire Top Executives

2/22/13
By: Amy Roth

Vitalita, ViZion - Today, Jack Smith - Chief Executive of ViZion World Corporation - has announced plans to hire top executives from outside of ViZion World Corporation. This is a sudden and surprising change from its traditional route, which is to promote from within. However, after a year's worth of struggles for the corporate giant, one knew something had to change.

While not many details have been released, sources say Armstrong Construction is among the brands ViZion World Corporation is looking to shake up with leadership change. Armstrong has long been the undisputed leader in global construction, but has seen its market share and lead slip quite a bit, one of the largest slips in the company. ViZionair is another sources believe is targeted for a change of leadership.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reino do Brazil » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 am

I'm going to follow this news feed

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 pm

The Economic Pages

Console Industry Finally Heating Up Again?

2/26/13

Vitalita, ViZion - Today, we have seen the return of Gordonopian Games to the global market place after years of being closed off to the international market. A return of such a previously large company - at one time the world's largest console manufacturer and a major part of the last gaming console boom - should not be overlooked, especially with the launch of its newest product, the Titan.

The Titan is a world-class system that will finally offer up competition to the NIN Next, by Next Ingenious Notion, which has recently had a near complete monopoly on the global market place for the top-end of the console market. The system is only the second on the market to offer "4K" Ultra High Definition - and one of three total. The first to offer it? NIN's Next. The two systems figure to battle it out for supremacy of the top sales position and marquee name in high-end gaming consoles.

However, a little known company named Wide Format Gaming Systems out of the ViZionarian state of Coulter Bay, has launched its own new console - the Zeus. And not to be outdone by Gordonopian Games, their console not only offers 4K capability - the third of the three consoles to offer such visual excitement - but it also offers 3D. Something the Titan skipped, feeling that 3D is not the wave of the future.

Wide Format has also released its new handheld, called the Pegasus. Both systems retail at $395, or just five dollars less than the $400 the Titan sells for. While it's not much, to the eye $395 looks much better than $400. Both new systems are attempting to ramp up global distribution and attract game developers, and that could very well decide which new system sells better. With that in mind, the older Next is a hot seller with its distribution network already set well in place with a long list of highly popular games. It will take a lot of effort for either company to push Next Ingenious Notion off its number one perch - but it is possible.

Is this when we will see a revival of the console industry, the next big wave of competition fighting it out for the top spot in the industry? It's possible, and it seems like this could be it.
Last edited by ViZion on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

The Economic Pages

Entourage Attempting Massive Expansion

3/01/13

Vitalita, ViZion - Entourage Investment Firm, the largest in the nation of ViZion, has long struggled to gain any sort of traction on the international marketplace, having been spurned in past attempts to purchase part or full ownership of new or struggling companies. However, it appears Entourage's time may be arriving. Just yesterday, Entourage sealed a deal to purchase 20% of Schmiegelland-based airSjandle. The company, in turn, has injected $30 million into the young, struggling airline who was unable to purchase new aircrafts to upgrade and grow their fleet. Now, the airline has a chance to grow, starting by upgrading its aircraft fleet.

And today? News has leaked of the aggressive investment firm in the process of working out a deal for over 12% of popular and growing KMF Automobile. The Sondstead-based auto manufacturers problem? It's growing too fast. So fast, in fact, that it is unable to meet demands, and lacks the capital to quickly address such problems. As such, if this deal is approved, the ViZion-based firm will be injecting a whopping $609,600,000 into the manufacturer, while will allow it to quickly expand on its manufacturing capabilities and open up new factories - a must if the company wishes to keep growing anyway near its current rate of growth.

Who knows what's next for the ambitious investment firm. What we do know is the company is ramping up its international growth, and it might finally be time for the large domestic firm to become a large international powerhouse.
Last edited by ViZion on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Bump for more writers...

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Delba
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Delba » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Columnist
Name: Joe Steinman
Home Nation: Commonwealth of Delba
Experience in Business and Economics: Founder and CEO of Regal Enterprises (which includes Regal Entertainment, Regal Travel, Regal Media, Regal Foods, and Regal Finance), Delba's largest company
Past Columnist Jobs: Regularly contributes to Regal Media Financial Reports
Additional Info: Wealthiest person in Delba, advisor to Prime Minister David Grover on privatization. Is generally considered a Libertarian Capitalist.
PRIME MINISTER: DAVID GROVER (CONSERVATIVE)
OPPOSITION LEADER: DEBORAH BROWN (SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC)
MINISTER OF FOREIGN RELATIONS: JANICE CARMEN

ASSEMBLY MAKE-UP:
39/100 Conservative
29/100 Social Democratic
21/100 Citizens for a United Delba
11/100 United Worker's Liberation Front

RANKED GREEN by Namor People's Ratings Bureau.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:12 pm

We welcome Joe Steinman as an intern columnist. After his first two columns, we will announce rather Joe Steinman is to become an official columnist at The Economic Pages or not.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:55 pm

The Economic Pages
Lollohian State Airlines Opens for Business!
March 4th
By: Revrik Tyvar
Being a former CEO of this same company, I am pleased with it as it is right now. When I first became CEO, we had just over $100 million in funds and a fleet of 10 second-hand air-force planes. But slowly, we worked our way up. When I left, we were at 50 planes and $3 billion in revenue. Today, that figure is 280 planes, and $8 billion in total revenue. With the launch of a new international network, along with the unveilment of three new airports, will greatly boost the economy. LSA is, as its name suggests, a state-owned airline. This makes it easy to use, and profits are guaranteed, as expenses are paid off by the Transportation Department.

My Embassy Program

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

OOC: Lolloh, please use this template:

[align=center][size=150][b]The Economic Pages[/b][/size]

[i]Insert Today's Date
By: Insert Writers Name[/i]

Click "SELECT ALL", Ctrl + C to copy, and then paste it (Ctrl + V) into the posting area, and just edit the words. That'll give you the proper formatting.

Your post should then look like this... (I'd encourage you to give more than 1 paragraph since it's a new article)

The Economic Pages

Lollohian State Airlines Opens for Business!

March 4th

Insert City, Country - Being a former CEO of this same company, I am pleased with it as it is right now. When I first became CEO, we had just over $100 million in funds and a fleet of 10 second-hand air-force planes. But slowly, we worked our way up. When I left, we were at 50 planes and $3 billion in revenue. Today, that figure is 280 planes, and $8 billion in total revenue. With the launch of a new international network, along with the unveilment of three new airports, will greatly boost the economy. LSA is, as its name suggests, a state-owned airline. This makes it easy to use, and profits are guaranteed, as expenses are paid off by the Transportation Department.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Delba
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Delba » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 pm

The Economic Pages

The Privatization Revolution

5 March 2013
By: Joe Steinman

New Hope Valley, Delba - Times are changing in Delba.
The Assembly has just approved a privatization of the postal service, bringing an end to an inefficient government monopoly on that service. There is already talk of shrinking, if not eliminating, the National Bus Service (NBS), and the Assembly will vote tomorrow on whether or not to allow privatization of lesser used railroads in Delba.
In short, after over 50 years of the Delban government extending its control over the national economy, the Delban government, led by Prime Minister David Grover's conservatives along with Michael Andrews' Citizens for a United Delba, is finally beginning the Privatization Revolution.
To find why this started, we need to first look at the history of Delban Nationalization, which began in 1961 with the establishment of the NBS. Previously, public services in Delba were public because they needed to be public at the time (no society could exist until recently with a purely private mail system, for example.) The National Bus Service was established under Prime Minister Mark Green's Labor Government (with the now defunct labor government being the precursor to today's Social Democrats in Delba) to provide bus services to rural areas which, at the time, had limited access to the service. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
In reality, this made things worse for rural areas. Instead of allowing private busing companies to enter rural areas to compete to provide quality transportation at the lowest price possible, rural Delbans only had access to the NBS buses; which, as anyone who's been on them know, provide a less than reliable service for a less than efficient price. But this wasn't just rural; the NBS effectively took over all private busing companies, causing the end of competition in Delba's transportation sector.
I'm happy to say these days are over. The mail came first, and will be coming faster and cheaper. Next comes the railroads, faster and cheaper. Then the buses, faster and cheaper. In short, we're busting the trust of government monopolies in Delba, and I'm proud to live in these exciting times.
Last edited by Delba on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRIME MINISTER: DAVID GROVER (CONSERVATIVE)
OPPOSITION LEADER: DEBORAH BROWN (SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC)
MINISTER OF FOREIGN RELATIONS: JANICE CARMEN

ASSEMBLY MAKE-UP:
39/100 Conservative
29/100 Social Democratic
21/100 Citizens for a United Delba
11/100 United Worker's Liberation Front

RANKED GREEN by Namor People's Ratings Bureau.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am

The Economic Pages

Global Gaming Industry Catching Fire

3/06/13

Vitalita, ViZion - With the announcement of the Gordonopian Electronic Gaming Show opening to the global audience for the first time in its nineteen year history, it appears that the rumbling we've been hearing recently in the industry truly did mean that it was starting to catch on again. With the release one two new consoles - one of which being a very high profile launch - and the introduction of two new games by the industries largest game developer, the industry appeared ready for its rise once again.

An industry known to be, at times, one of the most popular consumer segments globally, the industry has seen a nightmarish downturn since its boom in 2009, dropping from the forefront of consumers eyes to near obscurity. However, with manufacturers and developers already jumping in to what appears to already be the industry's first truly successful show since 2009, times appear to be changing - for the better. Already, Wide Format had introduced two consoles, while the world-renowned Gordonopian Games - the likes of which has been fairly removed from the global marketplace for years - made a huge splash with the introduction of their new system, the Titan.

Likewise, well-known manufacturing mammoth Next Ingenious Notion has made plans to be at the show, as have domestic giant Sunbeat and industry-leader Sundance Gaming Company. All three are expected to announce new products. There are several other foreign manufacturers and developers expected to announce new products with aspirations to go global.

There is finally life in an industry that has been dead for years now, an industry with tremendous potential. The question now is, will this boom be sustainable, or will its lights turn off again for years to come?

(Founded June 14, 2003)

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 pm

The Economic Pages

Nuclear Strike Dramatically Impacts ViZionarian Business & Commerce

3/08/13

Vitalita, ViZion - A terrorist organization, The Christian Warriors, launched a nuclear strike against the ViZionarian metropolis of Amaria, leveling the city and its surrounding suburbs. This dramatically impacts the economic of one of the world's largest economic super powers, and while none of the nation's major international companies are based in the city, some of the nation's largest domestic companies, including Singhun Communications and Western World Airlines, are based in Amaria.

Likewise, many of the nation's largest companies, including ViZion World Corporation and Armaj Heavy Industries, have offices and factories in the city, impacting these large companies dramatically. Imports from many of the world's largest companies have slowed or haulted, and many exports have been impacted due to the attack.

We are uncertain how much of an impact this will have long-term on the economy and companies of ViZion, but as things unfold further, we will keep you updated.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Columnist
Your Name: Rep. Dave Shlock
Your Age: 35
Your Home Nation: Gallup
Any Experience in Business & Economic Fields: Former hedge fund manger, Gallup Rep., Host of GNC's International Business
Past Columnist Jobs: International Business; Worldwide Magazine
Additional Information: N/A
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 pm

OOC: As a thought, given the automotive industry is fairly important here, getting a dedicated auto columnist might be a good idea.

I did think about joining up to handle that, but now that I think about it, that may be a conflict of interest. :p
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

We are happy to announce Dave Shlock as the newest member of our columnist staff!

OOC: Sond, feel free to sign up. Right now, TEP is dominated by ViZionarian news, talk about conflict of interest :-p haha

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:44 pm

The Economic Pages

Creation of LNSA announced, planning to send man to the moon

March 8th

Tyvik, Lolloh- After a 5-hour Parliament session, a resolution was passed to create the Lollohian National Space Agency, or LNSA. As stated by Parliamentarian George Walthbrummer, the intent of the LNSA is to put a man on the moon. "Well, it's actually more to it than that," Mr. Walthbrummer explains. "I voted for the bill because it's about time we got up in there," he says, while pointing out the window at the moon. "We need to build a space station and begin a massive space program." Many of George's fellow Parliamentarians agreed. The bill passed 246-19, and Prime Minister Huri Flaven signed the bill into law yesterday. The bill stated the three intentions of the LNSA:
1. Get a man on the moon
2. Increase Lollohian presence in space, and
3. Allow for the Private Sector in space to develop
The budding agency has said it will get $1 billion from the Commerce and Defense Departments, and wants to raise another whopping $99 billion from private investors. "This isn't so much a chance to get the Feds into space, but to get everybody in space," says LNSA director Welther Tonnik. "Currently, only 1% of the funding we hope to have will be federal. We expect that to increase, but for now, we are largely in the mercy of corporate hands."

OOC I'm going to open a storefront soon, I'll post the link here when I'm done.
Last edited by Lolloh on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Embassy Program

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 am

The Economic Pages

Gallup News Corp. and Politicians

3/9/2013
By: Rep. Dave Schlock

Half Creek, Gallup - Gallup News Corp. (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=225537) is changing. More and more of my colleagues in politics are doing interviews with them. Some are even starting their own shows (Paulitics with Gov. Daniel Paul is the latest). But the question is, why?

One reason is that it was founded by politicians. In 1977 Senator Henry Klope lost his senate seat, while Congressman Drake Fister lost his house seat. Despite being for different parties the two worked together to make a 24/7 news channel (GallupNOW). Since they had connections they pulled a few strings and got Fmr. Speaker Herman Dole to have his own show. Politicians (like myself) are more likely to talk to another politician that to a journalist looking for a scoop.

Second, money. Since President Ark slashed politicians paychecks to $95,000 more and more are looking for more money to continue to live their extravagant life. And Gallup News Corp. pays a lot. For a 12 minute interview I got paid $3,000. We are such good speakers that they will pay anything to get us on, because when we talk, people listen. Also, GNC profits go up. GNC has made $2 for every $1 it spends. If you ask me, we here at the federal government could learn a little from them.

I used to have a show. It was 2008 and I had lost my seat in the house. I went to GNC and they gave me a show, Schlock Jock. it was rather fun, but I left when I got my seat back. But for the two years I was there I noticed something. There was an attention to quality. They cared about the shows they put out. It wasn't just "look at me!". It was real reporting. To quote Jaylord Duke "I have never faced a tougher opponent then the one who wants the best for their viewers."
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 pm

The Economic Pages

International Stock Exchange Opens!

March 9th

Tynnik, Lolloh - After several days of anticipation, the International Stock Exchange (ISE) opened up for investors worldwide. "Sure, we lack beauty, but we give more options and a better price setting than other stock markets," explain ISE director Tom Ervik. "Unlike other stock markets, we allow for bond trading and selling, have a point system, give out credit ratings, and, above all, use supply and demand to rate a company." Most of the employees admit that the exchange isn't flashy, but say it's very accurate in managing money. "Look, I've been to various stock exchanges, and none are as great as this one," says stock broker Emille Tyrik. "It truly is a great opportunity."

OOC Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=229420

My Embassy Program

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade