NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm

1. I was basing my population off the nations on the opening page, as well as the explanation I have in my factbook. If we have a limit of 20 million then there are some violations there.
2. NRE, the regent basically holds the throne for the next king. Even if the prince takes the throne, the regent is his mother. She'll make sure he listens to her.
3. NRE a war is something that you would want to avoid. Seeing as your nation is smaller, an alliance would most likely be in your interest (I have a larger nation, and therefore a larger army, not trying to be the boss here but you wouldn't fare well against an army the size of mine)
Last edited by Honorisia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Carbarosia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbarosia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Name of Realm: Officially, the conventional long form name is widely acknowledged as Aelaesu, The Kingdom of. However, on a command day occurrence, the nation is usually referred to as simply Aelaesu. Toward the outer reach of the realm, those who are 'common' folk usually refer to the realm as 'the Kingdom'.
Description of Realm (Paragraph):
Demonym:
Race:
Languages:
Religion:
Head of State:
Seat of Power:
Population:
RL Fluency in English:
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category):
Provinces Claiming:
Why you wish to join:

WIP. I have to go for now as it is late where I am but I am free for two days. I will get this edited.
Last edited by Carbarosia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
equality and freedom for everyone. protect the environment.
fictional views held by the nation "carbarosia" may not reflect my own.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Honorisia wrote:1. I was basing my population off the nations on the opening page, as well as the explanation I have in my factbook. If we have a limit of 20 million then there are some violations there.
2. NRE, the regent basically holds the throne for the next king. Even if the prince takes the throne, the regent is his mother. She'll make sure he listens to her.
3. NRE a war is something that you would want to avoid. Seeing as your nation is smaller, an alliance would most likely be in your interest (I have a larger nation, and therefore a larger army, not trying to be the boss here but you wouldn't fare well against an army the size of mine)

People with populations over 20 mil are former members that have been here for awhile. Starting off you have to be under 20 million.

Lost Age
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Numer wrote:
Honorisia wrote:New Roman Empire, what do you think our relations would be like? My population sees themselves as the true rulers of the North, so they likely wouldn't want to see another power in the territory they view as rightfully theirs. My current ruler is only a regent of the crown, seeing as the prince is 15 and not ready to claim the throne. She wants peace, and an alliance between the two northern powers. She knows that the true threat to the north lies under the ice. She would want to make an alliance against internal and external threats. The younger, more warlike prince wants to take over your kingdom and claim it for his own agenda. His agenda runs along the same line as his mother's, he just uses more force to complete his objectives.

EDIT: an updated version of my nation app

Naradia
Demonym: Naradian
Race: majority humans (ruling class, generals and elite warriors), various beasts of burden and war (bears, snow cats, yetis, giants), small population of snow elves (guerrilla fighters, slaves)
Languages: Trade dialect, Naradian common tongue (similar to German), Colreese (near unintelligible language, closely guarded secret of the snow elf resistance)
Religions: Preparation for the return of the dead
Head of State: High Empress of the Snowbound lands, Watcher of the Dead, Commander of the Wardens of the dead, Regent of the Throne, Lady of the Snowbound Throne,Empress Tharia Railius III
Seat of Power: Castle Whitewall
Population: 38,000,000

I think the max population is 20,000,000 now.

Also, Achesia, I think you accidentally linked the fact book for Prometheus to mine on the first page. Also, I had a leader change; it's Ensi Belbazzar now (sorry to be that annoying guy lol :p )

link?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Map and claims are edited.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Honorisia wrote:1. I was basing my population off the nations on the opening page, as well as the explanation I have in my factbook. If we have a limit of 20 million then there are some violations there.

2. Ok.
3. Not what I was was talking about. I meant that if you marched into my lands then we would fight. Plus, we arnt that much smaller than you right now. Plus, dont take me for a idiot.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Still working on my factbook but willing to have any rp start soon. *looks at dbrought with puppy eyes*

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

The knights of kings wrote:Still working on my factbook but willing to have any rp start soon. *looks at dbrought with puppy eyes*

Sure. I'll start working on my intro thread making a marker in a new province.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:09 pm

A New Age

A intro post would be cool from all of you, the idea is to keep it flowing so at the end of your post say something like, "And in other parts of the world..." Just look at my post if you want an example of what to do.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Ah, I see that now, sorry for misunderstanding dude. I misread that as everyone, not just new players; I can see that my population has stayed, which is cool. Also, Achesia, I meant that when you click "The Numerian Empire" on the nation list, it goes to the Promethean factbook.
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

I'd like to get involved in this again. Need I post another application?
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 pm

yes another application is needed. but since you were here before you will get accepted again (provided the app is not one one big fuck you)
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Numer wrote:

Ah, I see that now, sorry for misunderstanding dude. I misread that as everyone, not just new players; I can see that my population has stayed, which is cool. Also, Achesia, I meant that when you click "The Numerian Empire" on the nation list, it goes to the Promethean factbook.

Ya can I get a link to your factbook.

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Achesia wrote:
Numer wrote:

Ya can I get a link to your factbook.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=166366
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:I'd like to get involved in this again. Need I post another application?

Yeah just post another app and claim some land.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Alright guys im going to be on a cruise for a few days so I wont have internet access, feel free to start some RPs while im gone tho!

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:30 am

NRE, after I make my intro post I'll put up a thread for our diplomacy. I'll try to get it up before I leave for my skiing trip.
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm back, NRE I'm about to work on our diplomacy thread

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Soft and Honeyed Words, there ya go NRE, post your arrival and we can begin.
Last edited by Honorisia on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:50 pm

I am applying as a character for entry into Honorisia's RP.

Name: Marvel

Physical Description: 6’3” tall, muscular body, brown eyes, short black hair and goatee, 2 large, bat-like wings, tongue that can extend to 18”, tail with spade and venomous spine (hypnotic narcotic venom does not kill but makes victim VERY docile and suggestible), appears mid 30’s, but is 243 years old.

Bio:

Marvel's ovum was laid in an archeologist. He matured and pupated in this human's body, as did all of his species at the time, and then took his place in the infantry of the underworld. Owing to the fact that he retained his host's ability to read, among other things, he rose through the ranks and was transferred into the underworld's Diplomatic Corps.

He escaped the underworld when the information reached him that his master, the Demon Prince SmashMouth, had come to feel that he knew too much about an ongoing conflict. He was to be fed to an Eater Demon named Slaboflab, but opened a magic portal right in Slaboflab’s esophagus. He once again entered earth, where he took human form and tried to blend in.

He took up living with a temple prostitute in the city of Gomorra. Though he became close with the human, he used his tail stinger to give her enjoyable interludes. At the time, he was unaware of the digestive enzymes in the venom. He learned the hard way. It killed her. Then, he found that another demon controlled the temple, and had used him to deal with a temple prostitute, who was too free-spirited and independent for the controlling demon’s liking. Marvel trashed the temple, exposing and killing the demon, and the city did not survive the turmoil that followed. (See shot story, “The Gomorra Incident,” published in the Gratista Vampire Clan’s anthology, “A Look Into the Mirror Darkly.”)

Then, he took to living as a farm hand for about ten years in the land of Yendor. It was during this time that he learned to pass as a human. One day, as he was plowing the fields, he noticed that things were too quiet. A troop of (other) Red Gargoyle Demons were attacking the town and trying (and often succeeding) to impregnate the townspeople. Together with the farmer and a few other friends, he moved the townspeople into the castle at Yendor Keep. Once there, he found out that the local ruler, a man by the name of Duke Rodney ("Rodney" is "Yendor" spelled backwards) was in league with the demons. It was during this time that he was completely turned and ceased to be a Creature of Darkness--though the process leading up to this took many years. With the Court Sorcerer and a few other friends, he thwarted the Duke's evil plans. The few remaining demons carried the Duke off and did who knows what (I'll leave it to your imagination) with him. And, from this, the underworld learned that he walked the land. They have a policy against unlicensed realmwalkers, so...they sent a little Sanitation Detail—only about 10,000 troops. Its purpose was to turn the extinct volcano (Mount Yendor) into which Yendor Keep was built from a mountain to a crater, and the Town of Yendor into a little red smudge on the map.

With the help of the Court Sorcerer and a few others (as in just about everyone left in the castle), Marvel faked the eruption of Mount Yendor. And it almost worked--convinced that the town had met its demise, the Sanitation Detail was about to return to the underworld when somebody sneezed. Fortunately, six unwinged Angels were on hand, and, after making short work of the demon army, got their wings back. This left the townsfolk healthy, happy and alive. Oh, and the Court Sorcerer, a corrupt, greedy man, ended up in the Duke's seat. When he tried to capture Marvel and turn him into a medical sample, Marvel spread his wings, took off and never looked back. (See forthcoming novel, “Paying Hell.”)

After another interlude, he met the Grand Wizard Yendor, who had founded Yendor Keep. The Wizard tricked him and put him in a bottle, to be kept in The Lab until needed. During this time, Marvel became proficient in the Yendorian Magical Framework, a method of simplifying and quantifying magic. Eventually, Yendor released Marvel, and the two became fast friends—though there are rumors of a magical Prank War that is going on between them. (For events leading up to the prank war, see the short story “Boobs,” to be published in the April issue of “Dark Gothic Resurrected.”)

Favoured Weapons/ method of combat etc.

Marvel is a gifted illusionist. Understands Underworld Combat Magic from his time in the Underworld Infantry, and SmashMouth Diplomatic Magic. Though naturally athletic, and has some military weapons training, is not an expert with small arms. Prefers to use magic. Though proficient in other spells, illusion is his choice of magic, and can skillfully integrate illusions into other spells.

Any Magical/Noteworthy Items (Please don't suddenly spring out your Godly Ring of You Can't Kill Me half way in.)

Demonic Boxer Shorts of Death Fart (just kidding—no such item)

Magical Capabilities

As noted earlier, has learned several types of magic through various phases of life. The Yendorian Framework separates spells into Space, Time, Matter/Energy and Mind. He uses these to achieve other magical conditions such as Magic Shielding (increase space density) and Weather Control. Due to the circumstances of his birth, is naturally adept at sensing magic, though this obviously has its limits—he can sense a spell being cast but not its precise nature.

RL Fluency in English:

Professional Strength. I have worked as a novel editor and I am a published and soon-to-be-again-published author. Any time you would like to clean up the two instances of "you're" that should be "your" on the first post in this thread, just let me know.

Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category):

Well...I began to feel that my writing was dominating this thread too much, without cooperation, so I left it, but...

Please note that, in this thread, as in the one I wish to join, I scaled Marvel back to his pre-Yendor days, when, absent the knowledge of the Yendorian Framework, his magic was piecemeal. I have a list of the magic that he learned to use from his days in the Underworld Infantry and as a Diplomat from Hell if you would like it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=223517&start=50

Why you wish to join:
I like my character(s) to participate in fantasy RP's. I feel that he is often like a breath of fresh air in a landscape dominated by swords and sorcerers. They've got it all wrong! They're so busy with their lightning bolts and fireballs that they don't have any time for weaponized illusions like...Automatic Butt Kicker. They're so busy scrumming that they forget to have some fun! Marvel has fun. He takes great joy in tormenting his enemies and making new friends.

I also like to use these round-robin stories as a means of perfecting my characters for the stories that I write. NationStates has allowed me to fashion Marvel into the kind of lead character who can serve as the narrator for two short stories. I am thankful for this help, and hope to continue the process.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 am

You aren't just applying to join my RP, you are applying to join the whole group. Not saying you can't be a part of my RP, just saying that if you're accepted then you join the whole community, not just my RP.

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm

I tried to give enough information so that it would be appropriate for either. I wouldn't have listed my published stories, for example, if I was asked only to apply for a single thread--quite frankly, I think it makes me appear much more haughty than I really am. The RP group has asked questions about my fluency in English, so I was compelled to make that information available, even at the risk of a bit of self-maculation. If there is any information missing, or anything else I can do, please bring it to my attention and I will do my best to address your concerns ("you" referring to those who would confirm or deny my application).

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:Name of Realm: Kingdom of Avalon
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Kingdom of Avalon is a small to medium sized kingdom located in the northern lands of the region of Casibica. It was formerly a larger kingdom, consisting of many lands and men, however it was decimated in the war and as a result, withdraw from the world and is now mostly a land of myth and legend as well as mystery.
Demonym: Avalonian
Race: Humans [Majority], Satyr [Second Majority], Centaurs [Minority], Elves [Very Small Minority]
Languages: Rhudonian
Religion: Pagan
Head of State: King Aelaria I
Seat of Power: Pelesar
Population: 15 Million
RL Fluency in English: Very, first language
Example of previous RP: See my Ceaden threads
RL Age: 30
Provinces Claiming: It's that purple blob south of Achasia
Why you wish to join: I blame Jack the Giant Slayer and it's epic last 45 minutes of a castle siege. I now want to have giants ravaging lands :P
Last edited by Itailian Maifias on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Alright I'm back and Ill look over all the stuff to update.

Lost Age
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Name of Realm: Kingdom of Avalon
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Kingdom of Avalon is a small to medium sized kingdom located in the northern lands of the region of Casibica. It was formerly a larger kingdom, consisting of many lands and men, however it was decimated in the war and as a result, withdraw from the world and is now mostly a land of myth and legend as well as mystery.
Demonym: Avalonian
Race: Humans [Majority], Satyr [Second Majority], Centaurs [Minority], Elves [Very Small Minority]
Languages: Rhudonian
Religion: Pagan
Head of State: King Aelaria I
Seat of Power: Pelesar
Population: 15 Million
RL Fluency in English: Very, first language
Example of previous RP: See my Ceaden threads
RL Age: 30
Provinces Claiming: It's that purple blob south of Achasia
Why you wish to join: I blame Jack the Giant Slayer and it's epic last 45 minutes of a castle siege. I now want to have giants ravaging lands :P

Approved on cat 3, welcome back! Check out New Age and make a post there if you wish. I have a feeling you and I should set up an RP soon as well since we are of similar styles and close proximity.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents