NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 4, Closed, No Morals Allowed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7839
Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:To be fair, without Batman Gotham would still be fucked, likely in an even worse way than it is now.

I mean, that's what they show, but the fact that Batman is breaking the backs of poor people (who clearly have no means to feed themselves but crime in the inexplicably dystopic hell that is Detroit Gotham Detroit) and sending them home to their wives, bitter and terrified, can't be good for anything.

If I have to chose between "drug trade" and "literally everyone being too damaged to work honestly", I'm going to pick the first. At least then Gotham has some hope of economic recovery.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:I'm not saying they never do, and how you could get that from what I said I have no clue, but dictators tend to heavily control the rate of progression so that they can retain their power.

The angels are slavishly devoted to Uriel after so many centuries.

He only benefits from technological/magical advancement.

Good point, I guess it's a little hard to think as a single-minded race when I'm a human, especially when I find single-minded races utterly boring because they have no weaknesses unless the dude they're loyal to is a complete moron.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.


Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.


New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.


greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.


Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I mean, that's what they show, but the fact that Batman is breaking the backs of poor people (who clearly have no means to feed themselves but crime in the inexplicably dystopic hell that is Detroit Gotham Detroit) and sending them home to their wives, bitter and terrified, can't be good for anything.

If I have to chose between "drug trade" and "literally everyone being too damaged to work honestly", I'm going to pick the first. At least then Gotham has some hope of economic recovery.


The angels are slavishly devoted to Uriel after so many centuries.

He only benefits from technological/magical advancement.

Good point, I guess it's a little hard to think as a single-minded race when I'm a human, especially when I find single-minded races utterly boring because they have no weaknesses unless the dude they're loyal to is a complete moron.

They aren't single-minded, per say, but think about it like this - do you want the Queen dead?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
AETEN II
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12949
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I mean, that's what they show, but the fact that Batman is breaking the backs of poor people (who clearly have no means to feed themselves but crime in the inexplicably dystopic hell that is Detroit Gotham Detroit) and sending them home to their wives, bitter and terrified, can't be good for anything.

If I have to chose between "drug trade" and "literally everyone being too damaged to work honestly", I'm going to pick the first. At least then Gotham has some hope of economic recovery.


The angels are slavishly devoted to Uriel after so many centuries.

He only benefits from technological/magical advancement.

Good point, I guess it's a little hard to think as a single-minded race when I'm a human, especially when I find single-minded races utterly boring because they have no weaknesses unless the dude they're loyal to is a complete moron.

Humans can be single minded. It's just you typically need to stick an MP40 at the base of their skull.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.


Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

User avatar
Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7839
Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Good point, I guess it's a little hard to think as a single-minded race when I'm a human, especially when I find single-minded races utterly boring because they have no weaknesses unless the dude they're loyal to is a complete moron.

They aren't single-minded, per say, but think about it like this - do you want the Queen dead?

No, but only because a. she's still a well-meaning monarch who at least attempts to stay modern, and b. Charles is a shithead.

If she went off her rockers and began spewing hatred and demanding complete loyalty to her and only her? While I'd remain a monarchist, I'd be one of the first to tell her to chill the fuck out.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.


Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.


New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.


greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.


Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:They aren't single-minded, per say, but think about it like this - do you want the Queen dead?

No, but only because a. she's still a well-meaning monarch who at least attempts to stay modern, and b. Charles is a shithead.

If she went off her rockers and began spewing hatred and demanding complete loyalty to her and only her? While I'd remain a monarchist, I'd be one of the first to tell her to chill the fuck out.

No, you don't. Why would you? She's just a little old lady. She doesn't do anything evil, the little that she does do. Maybe, perhaps, if it's your thing, God's choice for queen.

Why get rid of Uriel? He's just an old man. He doesn't do anything evil, the little that he does. He's even God's choice.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Ende
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7475
Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Ende wrote:No, not it's use in combat - just the concept itself. For example, when Crowley teleports the characters to a next location, is that reasonable?

And just a yes or no answer, please.

You're turning a complex issue into a black and white one by turning a black and white issue into a complex one. The question is, should magic be better than everything else? That is a simple yes or no, with yes meaning that not having magic is pointless and thus normal, unpowered humans are pointless. If no, then the playing field is leveled out when normal humans gain access to advanced technology (much of it powered by magic, granted) and they become a viable threat to magical beings.

By trying to turn the argument into "well do you agree with <x> power?", you're creating more issues and questions for no reason other than to force your opponent into taking a strawman position with no defense. So to answer your question: Yes and no, it depends on how Night uses it, but judging by how he has done it so far (Crowley himself can only mass-teleport people within a small radius and even then it seems to cause fatigue) I have no problem with it.

Okay, so you don't have a problem with moving several hundred pounds of matter across large distances, because that's teleportation.

So, let's take this simple power: Moving matter across distances. If a decent wizard can teleport up to about 40 people at once at maximum, that's about, oh, I don't know, 4500 pounds of matter being moved. Let's say that distance between teleported object and user doesn't matter - because it certainly hasn't in the past.

Now, here's the thing. There is no difference between pointing at a group of humans and spontaneously teleporting them to another place and pointing to an army of a thousand men and spontaneously teleporting their pharynxs out of their throats, leaving them to choke and die, their death rattles filling the air as they gasp and struggle to breathe.

Teleporting is pointing and using magic to move mass. A human pharynx (the part of the throat needed to breath) weighs about, oh, two or three ounces? Divide 4500 pounds (the weight of forty people) by 2 ounces and you get 3600 2-ounce pharynxes. You can use teleportation to move all those pharynxes - and you don't even have to move them far. You only need to move them about an inch or so, really.

In other words, even if it kills you through energy deprivation (which it shouldn't), as a wizard with teleportation, you can kill 3600 men in a matter of a few motions.

Quadratic Wizards > Linear Warriors
Last edited by Ende on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Astrolinium
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36593
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:04 pm

TIMEBOY
a one-shot story by Astrolinium


8 June, 1974

Caspian's eyes shot wide open. They positively shined - this was a plot twist for the ages. The Doctor was returning for Sarah Jane, he was! There it was, the TARDIS, right there on his TV in his living room, in full color! Oh, this was going to be so excit-

Something was wrong. The eleven-year-old could tell, because he was eleven, and eleven-year-olds know what sick people look like.

"Oh no!" shouted the young boy as Jon Pertwee fell to the ground. He'd grabbed a couch pillow and was currently clutching it against his chest. He tried not to cry, because that's what the Doctor had said. Don't cry. Don't cry. But the Doctor, he was -

Caspian swallowed and looked up at his father.

"Daddy, how can they kill the Doctor!? That means no more Doctor Who!"

A wry smile on the older man's face, Theodore Lawrence put an arm around his boy and said, "Just watch, son. I don't think this episode is over quite yet."

"Not dead!?" Caspian shouted excitedly. The bowl of crisps - he and his father would always put a bag of crisps into a bowl when they watched Doctor Who - was knocked onto the floor, but neither of the two watching the show really cared. Caspian's eyes were just as wide as they'd been when he'd heard the TARDIS noise. A new man? But how! Why, the Doctor had been Jon Pertwee as long as he could remember. Or had it? He knew he'd been watching the show since he was quite small, but he hadn't really gotten into it until about... 1972ish? He'd been about nine or thereabouts, and Jon Pertwee had been the Doctor back then too. As Pertwee was quite old, it was only logical to assume that he'd always been the...

Caspian jumped again. The Doctor's face had changed!

"Daddy! How can they have a different Doctor!?" he demanded.

Theodore smiled again and said, "Well, you see, son, the Doctor is a Time Lord. And when a Time Lord's body gets worn out - as tends to happen from time to time..."

And so father and son spent the night discussing Doctor Who, and young Caspian Lawrence began something of an obsession with the show.


13 October, 1977

"...that, that... what was that metal dog thing called?"

"K-9, Lawrence, K-9."

"Yeah, well, I want one. I don't think a K-9 would shit on the carpet."

Caspian was fourteen years old now. He was sitting in the library with his best friend, Andrew Donaldson, who was Scottish. Both of them wore their boring St. Pettigrew's uniforms, though Caspian wore a scarf to battle the "relentless bite of the October cold". It had been knit by his mum, and it was twelve feet long. I shouldn't need to describe it further, considering the background knowledge you already have.

Suddenly, the two were interrupted by a much smaller voice.

"Excuse me, but could you help me find where the keep The Hobbit?"

Caspian looked at the young boy, who was smallish and blond. He raised an eyebrow and said, "Do I look like a librarian to you?"

"No, but-"

"Then piss off."

"-but the librarian isn't in!" declared the boy in a harsh whisper.

Caspian leaned in. The boy couldn't have been more than 12. He said, "Is that so?"

The boy nodded.

"Well, I'll tell you where you can find The Hobbit if you can answer me a question first."

The boy nodded again more vigorously. "Sure!"

"Tell me, without looking it up, who was Prime Minister at the turn of the century?"

The boy's face was, in Caspian's opinion, priceless.

Stammering, the young one said, "But... but... we haven't learned that yet! Not fair!"

Caspian leaned back in his chair. "Not fair? Life's not fair. Isn't that so, Donaldson?"

Andrew nodded sagely, trying to keep from cracking up. "I think so, Lawrence."

"I suppose if you want to find that book, you'd better guess."

"Um... umm... I dunno, Gladstone!"

Andrew made a farting noise with his mouth and said, "I don't think that's right, Lawrence, do you?"

"No, Donaldson, I don't. Sorry, squirt, it was Salisbury. Can't believe you didn't know that, you little idiot. Now, really, piss off. Oh, don't give me that look, your face will get stuck that way and then I'll never hear the end of it from your mum Saturday night when I make my conquests in the name of Her Majesty."

The kid looked like he might cry - clearly, he was new and had lived a very sheltered life at home - and ran off.

Turning back to Andrew, Caspian said, "So, Donaldson, as I was saying about this K-9 thing..."



18 August, 1980

The plane was going down. There was, understandably, mass panic. Caspian had often wished the Doctor were real, but now he wished it more than he ever had before. After all, he was in a crashing plane over the ocean.

They were all going to die.

The aircraft hit water and there was an awful noise. It was the end of the world, or at least the end of Caspian's world. Well, you know, he had always wanted to meet his maker... there were quite a few improvements he thought could be made to the world, and clearly prayer was not working as a method of communication.

Then he felt something incredibly hot. The pain was awful, burning, searing, roasting, frying. He was pretty sure every single atom in his body had been tugged in a completely different direction, lopped off, and then put back together. But that whoever had done this hadn't gotten everything quite right.

And, well, he wasn't too far off from the truth. But he didn't know that, because he was busy - he'd just blacked out.

His body would never be found in the wreckage.


23 May, 2030

Caspian's eyes shot wide open.
✡ וישבו איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו ואין מחריד כי־פי יי צבאות דבר ✡
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
May 2018 Be Kind To You
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, Lefty, 5’4”.
Classical Studies Major, Archaeology Minor, Jew.

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Let's all agree that magic is pretty fucking cool, guns are pretty fucking cool, and that eternally-ruling Angel monarchs are kind of assholes.

Because I want to have an RP in the future.
Last edited by Nude East Ireland on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Let's all agree that magic is pretty fucking cool, guns are pretty fucking cool, and that eternally-ruling Angel monarchs are kind of assholes.

Because I want to have an RP in the future.

You're kind of an asshole! >:(
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
AETEN II
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12949
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Let's all agree that magic is pretty fucking cool, guns are pretty fucking cool, and that eternally-ruling Angel monarchs are kind of assholes.

Because I want to have an RP in the future.

You're kind of an asshole! >:(

Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.


Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Let's all agree that magic is pretty fucking cool, guns are pretty fucking cool, and that eternally-ruling Angel monarchs are kind of assholes.

Because I want to have an RP in the future.

You're kind of an asshole! >:(

Eh. I've been called worse.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:You're kind of an asshole! >:(

Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.

It's called a joke.

If I ever use an emoticon, I'm intentionally putting on a childlish persona for the sake of comedy.

Jules Verne didn't use emoticons and I won't either.

Aren't I humble?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25040
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:You're kind of an asshole! >:(

Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.

*hides in the bunker*
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Astrolinium
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36593
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:humble?


Don't even joke about that. :p
✡ וישבו איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו ואין מחריד כי־פי יי צבאות דבר ✡
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
May 2018 Be Kind To You
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, Lefty, 5’4”.
Classical Studies Major, Archaeology Minor, Jew.

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

User avatar
Ende
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7475
Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Anyway, I don't want to take this further any more, because I have a decent respect of Night's health and I believe I've proved my point perfectly well, and, really, it's pretty clear that QW>LW. I don't need to spend any more time arguing this.

So, yeah, moving on now.

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25040
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.

It's called a joke.

If I ever use an emoticon, I'm intentionally putting on a childlish persona for the sake of comedy.

Jules Verne didn't use emoticons and I won't either.

Aren't I humble?

You're not the best at it. Of course, that's because you're not British. I'll have you know that we Britons wrote the book on humility, and it was a pioneering classic without equal.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70969
Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Constaniana wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:It's called a joke.

If I ever use an emoticon, I'm intentionally putting on a childlish persona for the sake of comedy.

Jules Verne didn't use emoticons and I won't either.

Aren't I humble?

You're not the best at it. Of course, that's because you're not British. I'll have you know that we Britons wrote the book on humility, and it was a pioneering classic without equal.

"The first rule of humility is to throw used teabags at the poor."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

User avatar
AETEN II
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12949
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.

It's called a joke.

If I ever use an emoticon, I'm intentionally putting on a childlish persona for the sake of comedy.

Jules Verne didn't use emoticons and I won't either.

Aren't I humble?

Bro, it's me. I can't tell if it's sarcasm on the internet unless it is blatantly labeled that. It's only with a human face can I tell if someone is being sarcastic from their expression.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.


Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17308
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Ende wrote:Anyway, I don't want to take this further any more, because I have a decent respect of Night's health and I believe I've proved my point perfectly well, and, really, it's pretty clear that QW>LW. I don't need to spend any more time arguing this.

So, yeah, moving on now.

I'd like to argue that Quadratic Warriors are the best of the three.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Wait, did Nat just use an emoticon?

Holy shit.

It's called a joke.

If I ever use an emoticon, I'm intentionally putting on a childlish persona for the sake of comedy.

Jules Verne didn't use emoticons and I won't either.

Aren't I humble?

He would have if they existed when he was alive. *nods*
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
Ende
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7475
Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Ende wrote:Anyway, I don't want to take this further any more, because I have a decent respect of Night's health and I believe I've proved my point perfectly well, and, really, it's pretty clear that QW>LW. I don't need to spend any more time arguing this.

So, yeah, moving on now.

I'd like to argue that Quadratic Warriors are the best of the three.

These is no such thing as a Quadratic Warrior. :p

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25040
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Constaniana wrote:You're not the best at it. Of course, that's because you're not British. I'll have you know that we Britons wrote the book on humility, and it was a pioneering classic without equal.

"The first rule of humility is to throw used teabags at the poor."

Of course. Throwing unused tea bags is for posh twits and arseholes, like snobs from the South and Glasgow Celtic fans.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25040
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Ende wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:I'd like to argue that Quadratic Warriors are the best of the three.

These is no such thing as a Quadratic Warrior. :p

There will be now. :p
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Astrolinium
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36593
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Ende wrote:Anyway, I don't want to take this further any more, because I have a decent respect of Night's health and I believe I've proved my point perfectly well, and, really, it's pretty clear that QW>LW. I don't need to spend any more time arguing this.

So, yeah, moving on now.

I'd like to argue that Quadratic Warriors are the best of the three.


Nothing beats Cubic Robots. ;)
✡ וישבו איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו ואין מחריד כי־פי יי צבאות דבר ✡
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
May 2018 Be Kind To You
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, Lefty, 5’4”.
Classical Studies Major, Archaeology Minor, Jew.

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

User avatar
Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7839
Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Ende wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:You're turning a complex issue into a black and white one by turning a black and white issue into a complex one. The question is, should magic be better than everything else? That is a simple yes or no, with yes meaning that not having magic is pointless and thus normal, unpowered humans are pointless. If no, then the playing field is leveled out when normal humans gain access to advanced technology (much of it powered by magic, granted) and they become a viable threat to magical beings.

By trying to turn the argument into "well do you agree with <x> power?", you're creating more issues and questions for no reason other than to force your opponent into taking a strawman position with no defense. So to answer your question: Yes and no, it depends on how Night uses it, but judging by how he has done it so far (Crowley himself can only mass-teleport people within a small radius and even then it seems to cause fatigue) I have no problem with it.

Okay, so you don't have a problem with moving several hundred pounds of matter across large distances, because that's teleportation.

So, let's take this simple power: Moving matter across distances. If a decent wizard can teleport up to about 40 people at once at maximum, that's about, oh, I don't know, 4500 pounds of matter being moved. Let's say that distance between teleported object and user doesn't matter - because it certainly hasn't in the past.

Now, here's the thing. There is no difference between pointing at a group of humans and spontaneously teleporting them to another place and pointing to an army of a thousand men and spontaneously teleporting their pharynxs out of their throats, leaving them to choke and die, their death rattles filling the air as they gasp and struggle to breathe.

Teleporting is pointing and using magic to move mass. A human pharynx (the part of the throat needed to breath) weighs about, oh, two or three ounces? Divide 4500 pounds (the weight of forty people) by 2 ounces and you get 3600 2-ounce pharynxes. You can use teleportation to move all those pharynxes - and you don't even have to move them far. You only need to move them about an inch or so, really.

In other words, even if it kills you through energy deprivation (which it shouldn't), as a wizard with teleportation, you can kill 3600 men in a matter of a few motions.

Quadratic Wizards > Linear Warriors

Wrong.

First off, the only time that Crowley on his own has teleported a large amount of people, it has been within the confines of the school, and everyone was just sent to his office. Remember earlier in the Arc, when Crowley teleported everyone to his office but James and Jade for the whole "we're all going to die" thing? James and Jade were outside of the school, and thus beyond Crowley's quick reach. The teleportation of the school to Heavensgate? Raphael and Michael, two archangels on par with Lucifer and Uriel, had to work together to do so, and even then it took a long time and visibly wore then out. Loki was able to teleport James from Heavensgate to Paris, but even then not only did it take a few seconds, but Michael sensed it and could have stopped it.

Secondly, yes a wizard could rip out someone's pharynx - If he concentrated enough to locate each one. There is a massive difference between moving a body and scanning it for a specific body part and moving that. You have to compensate not only for numbers, but also for movement and the fact that not everyone is built equally. People are taller, fatter, thinner, shorter, or may have had their pharynx removed and replaced with cybernetics for one reason or another. A wizard has to first identify where the pharynx is on each of those 40 people, then figure out where he wants to teleport them to, then do it. Add in movement, as well as being in the midst of a battle, and it becomes infinitely harder. Seeing as Crowley, the most powerful human wizard, hasn't done it, let alone any of the various gods and ultra-powerful beings, lends one to believe that it is, in fact, impractical and attempts to do so in the midst of a battle would result in death.

Thirdly, you keep using that QW>LW thing like it not only explains away everything, but that it's some sort of universal law that can't be argued against. Your reliance on it demonstrates your inability to properly argue your position using logic and reasoning.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.


Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.


New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.


greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.


Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brittaniastan, Finland SSR, Greater Arab State, Greater Redosia, Intermountain States, Lessoni, Merni, Ralnis, Tomia, Wysten

Advertisement

Remove ads