NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Jakker

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Condemn Jakker

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 am

Image Condemn Jakker

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Jakker | Proposed By: SkyDip

Description: The Security Council,

AFFIRMING that Jakker has lead multiple raids in their power as head of TBH's military endeavors and has participated in numerous operations such as the long-term occupations of South Pacific and assisting in the hold of Ether,

DETAILING that Jakker has been responsible for the displacement of a large amount of native nations from their home region and the defeat of copious defender forces wishing only to restore native sovereignty,

NOTING that Jakker was at the forefront of the occupation of The Eastern Islands of Dharma, a defender region that was all but destroyed by the lengthy occupation,

VILIFYING Black Hawk assistance during the occupation of Catholic, an operation lead by Jakker,

FURTHER REVEALING that Jakker has lead, participated in, or planned major military operations in Asia, Atheist Empire, Space, Hippiedom, Furry Federation, and Hell, as well as assisting in major raids or tagging operations that resulted in the displacement of Delegates previously in power for multiple years at a time, including, but not limited to:
  • Tinnis - in power for 1168 days (3+ years)
  • Former Principalities - in power for 1256 days (3+years)
  • Yissing Scalies - in power for 1906 days (5+ years)
  • Advanced Weaponry 2 - in power for 2663 days (7+ years; at the time, the third longest standing Delegate in the world)
OBSERVING that Jakker authored the invasion of Capitalist Paradise, a region that had not been invaded in nearly eight years and had a long-standing Delegate that has had upwards of 60 WA endorsements,

DISTURBED by the potential number of recruits Jakker has trained in the capacity as head of military operations for TBH and the damage those recruits will continue to inflict on the world,

UTTERLY CONVINCED that Jakker is a threat to world-wide peace and sovereignty of many regions,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Jakker.

Sauce List
  1. Jakker v. Unibot
  2. 2012: A Rocking Year
  3. Capatalist Paradise Invaded!
  4. Hell Invaded!

As always, comments, addendums, and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. :)
Last edited by SkyDip on Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 am, edited 24 times in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Flying Scorchios
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Flying Scorchios » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am

CONCERNED over Black Hawk assistance during the occupation of Catholic, another defender nation haven, an operation lead by Jakker,

Sure about that part?
~ Secondary Nation of Jamie Anumia ~

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 am

FOR

that simple.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 am

Flying Scorchios wrote:
CONCERNED over Black Hawk assistance during the occupation of Catholic, another defender nation haven, an operation lead by Jakker,

Sure about that part?

Jakker wrote:Catholic (This was a DEN raid as OC was the point and sleeper, but not only did TBH provide updaters, but I was the one who led the raid, so I count it as a joint :P)See Link

So yes, I'm sure, unless the sauce is incorrect.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Flying Scorchios
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Flying Scorchios » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 am

SkyDip wrote:
Flying Scorchios wrote:Sure about that part?

Jakker wrote:Catholic (This was a DEN raid as OC was the point and sleeper, but not only did TBH provide updaters, but I was the one who led the raid, so I count it as a joint :P)See Link

So yes, I'm sure, unless the sauce is incorrect.

Yeah, you're right. Ignore me. :P I was just confused since it was DEN lead and Jakker wasn't point.
~ Secondary Nation of Jamie Anumia ~

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am

Jakker has been invaluable to The Black Hawks as a military leader, not only has he been involved in practically every major operation we have done in recent memory but he has also trained a large chunk of the military in their various stations.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Spartzerium
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Spartzerium » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

SkyDip wrote:AFFIRMING that Jakker has lead multiple raids in their power as head of TBH's military endeavors, including long-term occupations of South Pacific and assisting in the hold of Ether,

I lead South Pacific, Jakker only had point (since I can't make minor update). Also, I don't remember TBH assisting in Ether...

SkyDip wrote:FEARFULLY OBSERVING that Jakker authored the invasion of Capatalist Paradise, a region that had not been invaded in nearly eight years and had a long-standing Delegate that has had upwards of 60 WA endorsements,

You misspelled Capitalist.

Other than that, I fully support this proposal.
NS Married to Tramiar <3
Father of Rawr, Mall, Jakker, Severisen, and Talisi
I once was a defender...
Former Chief Lieutenant - UDL
Former AC, VC (2 terms), CoDF (2 terms), RRO, General of the Alliance, and more - FRA
Former King, VC, and IA Minister - CoN
Former Vice Commander, Chief of Defense - CoJ

I once was a Forum 7'er...
Founder of The United Church of Reppy
Also started various other random forum games

And I once... had other random info I didn't know where to put...
Originally joined NationStates May 25, 2008.
Formerly known as Spartzerina/New Spartzerina.
Retired Major / Field Marshal - The Black Hawks
TBH Forum - TBH News Thread

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Spartzerium wrote:
SkyDip wrote:AFFIRMING that Jakker has lead multiple raids in their power as head of TBH's military endeavors, including long-term occupations of South Pacific and assisting in the hold of Ether,

I lead South Pacific, Jakker only had point (since I can't make minor update). Also, I don't remember TBH assisting in Ether...

We may have been there, in that I may have been there for a bit in between raids.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Spartzerium wrote:I lead South Pacific, Jakker only had point (since I can't make minor update). Also, I don't remember TBH assisting in Ether...

What Mall said. But thank you, I'll correct that.

Spartzerium wrote:You misspelled Capitalist.

:palm: Got that too.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Eist has been sitting here for a long time with no comment so I'm waiting for the fury. :hug:

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

SkyDip wrote:Eist has been sitting here for a long time with no comment so I'm waiting for the fury. :hug:

You know me too well! Anyway:

"DETAILING that Jakker has been responsible for the displacement of countless native nations"

Since every displacement is a single entity and fully visible to all, this number is perfectly countable. Along with your leading verbs and adverbs (for example, "FEARFULLY OBSERVING": Really? You are an SC author, not an Abu Ghraib prisoner), you need to control your hyperbole and over-extended creativity.

That said, this is technically and stylistically much better than your Repeal Commend TQOTD. Your writing skill is visibly much better!

I have no real thoughts either way on this at this time. Jakker has achieved a lot in his short time in NS, but it is just that: short.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Eist wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Eist has been sitting here for a long time with no comment so I'm waiting for the fury. :hug:

You know me too well! Anyway:

"DETAILING that Jakker has been responsible for the displacement of countless native nations"

Since every displacement is a single entity and fully visible to all, this number is perfectly countable.

You get on that for me and I'll change it in the mean time. :p

Eist wrote:Along with your leading verbs and adverbs (for example, "FEARFULLY OBSERVING": Really? You are an SC author, not an Abu Ghraib prisoner), you need to control your hyperbole and over-extended creativity.

That said, this is technically and stylistically much better than your Repeal Commend TQOTD. Your writing skill is visibly much better!

*sigh* Fiiiiiiine.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh condemn the hell out of him. Jakker is evil.
You could ask some displaced natives to testify regarding just how evil he is.

NERVOUSLY DISCLOSING? Be assertive! Unflinchingly proclaiming or something with testicles....no one wants to vote for a nervous nelly.
Last edited by Sichuan Pepper on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 pm

For. Don't really have much to say other than that.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Oh condemn the hell out of him. Jakker is evil.
You could ask some displaced natives to testify regarding just how evil he is.

NERVOUSLY DISCLOSING? Be assertive! Unflinchingly proclaiming or something with testicles....no one wants to vote for a nervous nelly.

Agreed, Skyp. That is a weak opening. Try Tenuously disclosing, or if you want to sound like a diplomat, use anxiously. I feel adamantly disclosing shows more of the mettle of your opinion instead of fret over the consequences for acting on them.
Last edited by The Great Destruction on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm

I don't think I've had Wordy yell at me before! :p How bout simply "DISCLOSING?" Works better with the formatting anyway.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 pm

SkyDip wrote:I don't think I've had Wordy yell at me before! :p How bout simply "DISCLOSING?" Works better with the formatting anyway.

I'd just get rid of it altogether. In the following paragraph you state that Jakker is the head of TBH, therefore, this opening paragraph's only novel contribution is expressing that you are going to give everyone some information on him. This is totally redundant because that's what resolutions do.

Description: The Security Council,

AFFIRMING NOTING that Jakker has lead multiple raids in their power as head of TBH's military endeavors and has participated in numerous operations such as the long-term occupations of South Pacific and assisting in the hold of Ether,

Etc.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 pm

A fair point - I've done just that.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Well today is Thursday. That is when I do most of my yellin ;)

Draft looks much better!
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am

I'm against this, but since I wub Elias, I'll approve it if he submits <3
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Well isn't this a surprise! ;)

As Spartz has said, he was the one that decided to raid South Pacific and led the mission. Also, I don't remember if we helped with Either? I don't think we did and even so, I don't think it's worth mentioning since it was TBR's occupation.

Also, we also took down the delegate of Smallballia of 6 years and 127 days. I got the password and Mall led the mission.
viewtopic.php?p=12325200#p12325200

I have things planned that are way more evil. Up to you all to decide if you want to try and pass this now or wait to see what I have in store. ;)
Last edited by Jakker on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Was Catholic a defender region? Didn't think so. Also I think it should be mentioned that Dharma had already been retired by its founder. It wasn't an active region when it was attacked. Your resolution makes it sound like it was the prime gem of defenderdom when it was invaded.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Cromarty wrote:I'm against this, but since I wub Elias, I'll approve it if he submits <3

Only if I remember to put you on the ignore list this time, right? :blush:

Unibot III wrote:Was Catholic a defender region? Didn't think so. Also I think it should be mentioned that Dharma had already been retired by its founder. It wasn't an active region when it was attacked. Your resolution makes it sound like it was the prime gem of defenderdom when it was invaded.

Catholic isn't? Hmm, my bad then. Updated appropriately.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Unibot III wrote:Was Catholic a defender region? Didn't think so. Also I think it should be mentioned that Dharma had already been retired by its founder. It wasn't an active region when it was attacked. Your resolution makes it sound like it was the prime gem of defenderdom when it was invaded.

Catholic isn't? Hmm, my bad then. Updated appropriately.

Catholic's often named as a defender region because it was one of the only founderless regions that cared enough about it's safety to take precautions like infiltrating raider organisations or making contacts with those who would find out if a raid on Catholic was planned.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Catholic had defenders and defender operatives in it. If I recall correctly, the reason DEN gave for invading Catholic was that Christian Democrats had provided intelligence information to defenders.

In regard to Eastern Islands of Dharma, I have to say that I find that argument fairly hilarious. Yes, it had already been retired by its founder; but that didn't stop defenders, yourself and myself included at the time, from expressing a great deal of outrage that it had been invaded. That didn't stop defenders and former natives in Osiris from opposing a treaty with Antarctic Oasis on the grounds that they had supported the invasion. You can't have it both ways, Unibot; the raid can't be outrageously offensive one minute and completely insignificant because the region had been retired the next, depending on which suits your argument at the time.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives