NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 37 Cafundéu & Macabees Bid

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Baptism of Fire 37 Cafundéu & Macabees Bid

Postby The Macabees » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Baptism of Fire 37

For most national football teams, their introduction to international, world-class competitions comes through the Baptism of Fire. This aptly named tournament provides these new squads an opportunity to test their mettle against opponents of similar experience, before being thrown into the battle royal known as the World Cup. It follows that the tournament should run as smoothly as possible, and within this constraint the EWCC has always strained itself in choosing the best hosts possible. Cafundéu, former World Cup host (three World Cups), and the Second Empire of the Golden Host, former Cup of Harmony host, present themselves as the very candidates to fulfill this tradition. Both nations have a plentitude of experience and the necessary infrastructure to make this international debut the best possible for participating national teams.

Experience
Cafundéu has hosted a total of eight international football tournaments, including Women’s World Cup 8, Baptism of Fire 21 and 30, World Cups 36, 42 and 48, as well as Cup of Harmony 31 and 36. There is hardly a more qualified host, if we were to judge by experience only. Given these tournaments have been hosted, Cafundéu has a long existing infrastructure, which has been steadily evolving and growing since then. In that sense, there are few other nations with such extensive preparation already in place from prior tournaments.

The Second Empire has hosted two International Futsal Soccer Tournaments (1 and 2; co-hosted with Sarzonia and Yafor 2, respectively) and a Futsal World Cup (1; co-hosted with Somewhereistonia). Furthermore, the Second Empire was the recent co-host of Cup of Harmony 40 (co-hosted with Peisandros). Although obviously not as experienced as their bidding co-host this time around, Cafundéu, the Second Empire is definitely not short on experience. Furthermore, prior to these tournaments the Imperial administration poured large quantities of capital into renovating stadiums and providing the infrastructure to provide a smooth tournament to both the teams and their fans.

In short, both bidding countries are experienced and both have the necessary infrastructure in place to smoothly run Baptism of Fire 37.

Scorinator & Tie-breakers
The scorinator to be used will be that used by Cafundéu and co-host during World Cup 36 (42 and 48, as well). The style modifier range used will be the classic -3 to +3, with the former being more defensive and the latter being more aggressive (offensive).

The unique tie-breaking scenario is that the co-hosts will first consider number of wins, as opposed to goal difference.

RP Bonus
Although, traditionally, RP bonus has been one of the few places where bids will actually differ, and usually hosts remain relatively ambiguous about the nature of their RP bonus system, it is worth saying that given that teams will enter the competition unranked, RP bonus will carry much weight. It is cumulative in nature, meaning individual scores will be calculated on RP history as opposed to merely only RPs relevant to that particular match day. This will reward teams that cannot consistently RP, although obvious those which can will have a marginal advantage. They are graded based on four categories: slain, poor, good and excellent. The range of points begins at its lowest, with slain, and at its highest with excellent. Spaam will not be rewarded (although, grading is subjective depending on the host, obviously).

Other Notes
Cafundéu and the Second Empire are known for their rampant capitalism. Consumer awareness programs have been set up as to avoid having our banks tricking your citizens into high interest credit card accounts.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:12 pm

As of right now, I think this bid is the best both technically and in terms of RP potential for newbies if they can seize on the capitalism (and the Cafundelense taxes). Has my support.
Слава Україні!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:43 am

In my opinion, Cafundeu is the ideal Baptism of Fire host. This has my support as well.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Whilst it would have been nice to see one of the co-hosts to have been less experienced (so that they could become experienced) it is certainly better than to have two untested hosts together.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Caf, congratulations first on being named host of the Olympics.

Given the dates of that though, are you going to be able to take that and this on? What is your plan for handling the two tournaments if you win this bid as well?
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm

The BoF is surely going to start before the Olympics (btw thanks), as the voting is going to end on 17/1 and sign-ups are about to be closed in a definitive way. With this, the only possibility of conflict would probably happen in later stages, on which the workload is smaller. As I plan to have both competitions scorinated at the same timezone, this makes it rather easy for me to sit down for a long time just for the purpose of doing my duties here, even if the BoF was still at its beginning. I have the... hmm, can't say if it's good or bad (depends on the point of view, I guess), situation of having free time, which puts me able to dedicate myself for hours in NS... as you may have noticed.

So the answer is simple: I have no worries about handling the two competitions, even if they ended happening at the same time. I scorinate one, then another, then answer questions which appear... it's all fine. And, as there is even the possibility that they won't conflict with each other (although I don't have a schedule for the BoF yet), this doesn't bother me at all.
Last edited by Cafundeu on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 am

I support this bid based solely on the fact that Caf still claims hosting the long lamented and almost forgotten Women's World Cup 8 as thier first hosting duty. The WWC, good times, good times....
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Medilenia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Medilenia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

How i can get KPB points?
Medilenian Conflicts
Medilenian Civil War success

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 am

Medilenia wrote:How i can get KPB points?

By taking part in the World Cup and its associated competitions, the Baptism of Fire and the Cup of Harmony (both of which are only open to World Cup participants).

Signups for the World Cup are here; if you have not already done so, sign up for the World Cup (and, if you wish, the Baptism of Fire, a cup for first-time participants).

If you have any further questions, please post them in the discussion thread, and we'll be happy to answer them.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports