NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am

Corrian wrote:
Orinon wrote:My character's weight are completely unrealistic.

I just don't care :D

They're aliens, they have an excuse.

Weights seem fairly reasonable to me... All except Joshua and the one with Nill weight are in the Overweight Category of BMI. Joshua is within BMI norms towards the heavier side of things.
Last edited by Kintain on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:39 am

Kintain wrote:
Corrian wrote:They're aliens, they have an excuse.

Weights seem fairly reasonable to me... All except Joshua and the one with Nill weight are in the Overweight Category of BMI. Joshua is within BMI norms towards the heavier side of things.

Kara is nill because she an Artificial Intelligence. :P
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 am

Orinon wrote:
Kintain wrote:

Kara is nill because she an Artificial Intelligence. :P

she should weigh more then, yo show the heavy core memory banks
Be silent. Be not still.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am

Kintain wrote:More info Ratori, size zero models are required to have a BMI of at least 18. Your BMI at 6'1" and 97lb is 12.8. In other words, your character would be in the hospital if not on the verge of death.

Even if I hate what the UK, Japan, US, Singapore, and Canada have done by making the BMI the only measure of obesity, the BMI would require your character to eat nothing but MREs and force the character to start exercising for several hours a day.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:52 am

Out of curiosity, how do you calculate BMI? Is it like g/mm?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:mass in kilograms / (height in meters squared) * 703

mass in pounds / (height in inches squared) * 703

That is the formula for BMI. If you wanted to get extremely specific, you would use 703.06957964, though only the 703 are considered the significant figures. 18.5-25 are considered the healthy BMIs, and everything above or below that is something that may warrant some work depending upon how far away from the 18.5 or the 25 you are.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Wondering if a sonic emitter would be taken by guards, like the types that cause disorientation?

Nulvelith
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Pragia wrote:Wondering if a sonic emitter would be taken by guards, like the types that cause disorientation?

you could just scream really high and loud...
Be silent. Be not still.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Nulvelith wrote:
Pragia wrote:Wondering if a sonic emitter would be taken by guards, like the types that cause disorientation?

you could just scream really high and loud...

But in space no one can hear you scream :twisted:

Nulvelith
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Pragia wrote:
Nulvelith wrote:you could just scream really high and loud...

But in space no one can hear you scream :twisted:

clearly you arent screaming loud enough.
And anyways, if it is in a spatial void like that, even a machine's noise wont go outside of itself.
Be silent. Be not still.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Nulvelith wrote:
Pragia wrote:But in space no one can hear you scream :twisted:

clearly you arent screaming loud enough.
And anyways, if it is in a spatial void like that, even a machine's noise wont go outside of itself.

Was a reference... Nvm

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Stuff in space doesn't make noise as far as I know. That was an aspect of Firefly I liked, how their space scenes were completely silent.

Obviously the space station makes noise, though :) Well, inside of it.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Corrian wrote:Stuff in space doesn't make noise as far as I know. That was an aspect of Firefly I liked, how their space scenes were completely silent.

Obviously the space station makes noise, though :) Well, inside of it.

That depends. It is true that no one can hear you scream, but it still is a very noisy space. There is noise in space, since space is not a complete vacuum. The problem is that it would take some serious "SYMBOLISM!!!11!! OMFGWTFGENIUS!!" to justify why you would put those sounds that into your space opera or progressive metal/rock album, as most of those sounds are very low frequency sounds that cannot be heard without assistance. Listen to this lecture about the subject of sound in space if you can appreciate a long lecture about this entertaining topics and remember to turn the volume down at parts.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Name: Dr. Woo-jin Park
Nationality: Korean
Height: 5'11
Weight: 190 lb
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): Standard 707 SMB uniform when on a mission unless the mission demands for different wear. When teaching class/off duty: Often wears a white turtle neck with rolled up sleeves and jeans with black loafers.
Abilities: Tactile Persuasion: He can persuade anyone to do anything when he is in physical contact with them. His persuasion is almost impossible to disobey when skin-to-skin contact is made.
Null Zone: This power can have any effect from nullifying a person's powers to rendering them completely senseless. He can focus it on a single individual up to 100 meters away or everyone within 20 meters of himself.
Subject: Cultural Awareness and "The Other Side of History"
Brief Bio: Woo-jin lived his life in relative peace when compared to other empowered individuals has his powers are subtle and do not manifest in a way that most people can notice. With the combination of his relative high intelligence and powers of persuasion, he was able to get into the Seoul National University with a full scholarship. He successfully received doctorate degrees in both World History and Cultural Anthropology in which fields he soon gained significant respect. That all changed when the vampires struck in full force. South Korea - in a combination of panic and a need for a quick and strong retaliation - at the time almost immediately began conscripting every able bodied man, and Woo-jin - who had always been proud of his physical prowess and well maintained physique (with which he had used too no little extent in picking up on graduate students he lectured and occasionally taught) - was forcibly thrown into the military and the war. He eventually caught the attention of high command when many incidents of vampires suddenly collapsing around him in a comatose like state were reported. Realizing that Woo-jin was empowered, the Korean high command - being somewhat phobic of empowered individuals - gave him an ultimatum, either be executed or join the 707 SMB "White Tigers" and use his abilities for the good of Korea. He, clearly wanting to live, joined the White Tigers excelling at assassinating vampiric commanders as well as anyone who posed a threat to the South Korean government from within often persuading them to commit suicide. Being that Korea was a small nation with a people practically fully mobilized, the war was over pretty quickly for them with tiny vampire cells occasionally popping up every now and then. The war over, the South Korean government had little use for Woo-jin and he knew it. Quickly, he had applied for employment to the Academy for the Empowered which almost immediately accepted him - in a combination of acknowledging what benefit he could bring both to the reputation of the school and knowledge to impart with the students as well as being aware of the possibly lethal situation he was in. Of course, someone with his training and abilities would also provide a helpful hand in breaking up or preventing incidents (ahem, fights amongst students) from occurring.
Last edited by Kintain on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Suggestions from a person of no authority in this thread:

A few errors I noticed are in need of handwaves. The South Korean draft is always active, thus what they would be doing is actually expanding the numbers rather than starting it since I doubt 1,800 every year would not be enough, but that is a different problem. The real problem is that the Republic of Korea can only draft people up to the age of 35, though that can be handwaved. That way, more people can be drafted into the Republic of Korea Armed Forces or if they have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of English and win a lottery for it, admitted into KATUSA instead of the ROKAF.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Suggestions from a person of no authority in this thread:

A few errors I noticed are in need of handwaves. The South Korean draft is always active, thus what they would be doing is actually expanding the numbers rather than starting it since I doubt 1,800 every year would not be enough, but that is a different problem. The real problem is that the Republic of Korea can only draft people up to the age of 35, though that can be handwaved. That way, more people can be drafted into the Republic of Korea Armed Forces or if they have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of English and win a lottery for it, admitted into KATUSA instead of the ROKAF.

I meant to say conscription, not draft. Silly me. Will change. And for some stupid reason, I thought the storyline was taking place farther out in the future. *Kicks self in the shins* More editing.
Last edited by Kintain on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Kintain wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Suggestions from a person of no authority in this thread:

I meant to say conscription, not draft. Silly me. Will change. And for some stupid reason, I thought the storyline was taking place farther out in the future. *Kicks self in the shins* More editing.

Draft and conscription do not necissarily mean the same thing, but both are proper translations of what the Republic of Korea Armed Forces does, which is putting somewhere under 2,000 males every year between the age of 18-35 into the Republic of Korea Armed Forces for 21 months each or the Korean Attachment to the United States should they be lucky enough to be qualifed to enter and win the applicable lottery.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Kintain wrote:

Draft and conscription do not necissarily mean the same thing, but both are proper translations of what the Republic of Korea Armed Forces does, which is putting somewhere under 2,000 males every year between the age of 18-35 into the Republic of Korea Armed Forces for 21 months each or the Korean Attachment to the United States should they be lucky enough to be qualifed to enter and win the applicable lottery.

Little lost as to what the point of this was...

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm trying to think what food they'd have on the station, so I'm going with formless food unless told otherwise.

Nulvelith
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Pragia wrote:I'm trying to think what food they'd have on the station, so I'm going with formless food unless told otherwise.

my guess is typical cafeteria food: gunk, frozen stuff, and lots of the "just add water and microwave it" variety of semi-edibles. Unless this is a highclass establishment... Anyways, its an internation station, right? So thered likely be a wide variety of foodstuffs. Just not a high quality.
Be silent. Be not still.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Nulvelith wrote:
Pragia wrote:I'm trying to think what food they'd have on the station, so I'm going with formless food unless told otherwise.

my guess is typical cafeteria food: gunk, frozen stuff, and lots of the "just add water and microwave it" variety of semi-edibles. Unless this is a highclass establishment... Anyways, its an internation station, right? So thered likely be a wide variety of foodstuffs. Just not a high quality.

Couple questions to your post.
1. How'd you know his name, where his dorm was, and that he was at the pool?
2. Recall, I am major lawful-neutral, and you expect me to show up after curfew (is there one, if not, I'll show up)? My character would be far more likely to turn you in to guards.

Nulvelith
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Pragia wrote:
Nulvelith wrote:my guess is typical cafeteria food: gunk, frozen stuff, and lots of the "just add water and microwave it" variety of semi-edibles. Unless this is a highclass establishment... Anyways, its an internation station, right? So thered likely be a wide variety of foodstuffs. Just not a high quality.

Couple questions to your post.
1. How'd you know his name, where his dorm was, and that he was at the pool?
2. Recall, I am major lawful-neutral, and you expect me to show up after curfew (is there one, if not, I'll show up)? My character would be far more likely to turn you in to guards.

1- assuming i overheard it by the pool, if not then from the gossiping girlies (you're popular! :D ), she spent the rest of that day stalking people and listening to gossip to find out where people are. Abd shes speedy enough to stalk a lot of people all at once. As for the pool, she was outside, listening during the shenanigans, before even alexandria walked out.
2- it is entirely your choice whether or not u buy into the bait. Edamiel doesnt care either way, whichever u choose will just tell her more about your personality.
And u cant turn me into the guards- u dont know who wrote the note, and Edamiel intentionally wrote in a formal fashion, she normal sounds like a punk and scribbles.
Now, if you decide to call the guards out on whoever shows up, thats all your call.
Be silent. Be not still.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:34 pm

If there is a curfew, he might inform the guards of this meeting and they could end up crashing the party. And their power nullifiers would ensure that you didn't escape.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 am

Kintain wrote:
Name: Dr. Woo-jin Park
Nationality: Korean
Height: 5'11
Weight: 190 lb
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): Standard 707 SMB uniform when on a mission unless the mission demands for different wear. When teaching class/off duty: Often wears a white turtle neck with rolled up sleeves and jeans with black loafers.
Abilities: Tactile Persuasion: He can persuade anyone to do anything when he is in physical contact with them. His persuasion is almost impossible to disobey when skin-to-skin contact is made.
Null Zone: This power can have any effect from nullifying a person's powers to rendering them completely senseless. He can focus it on a single individual up to 100 meters away or everyone within 20 meters of himself.
Subject: Cultural Awareness and "The Other Side of History"
Brief Bio: Woo-jin lived his life in relative peace when compared to other empowered individuals has his powers are subtle and do not manifest in a way that most people can notice. With the combination of his relative high intelligence and powers of persuasion, he was able to get into the Seoul National University with a full scholarship. He successfully received doctorate degrees in both World History and Cultural Anthropology in which fields he soon gained significant respect. That all changed when the vampires struck in full force. South Korea - in a combination of panic and a need for a quick and strong retaliation - at the time almost immediately began conscripting every able bodied man, and Woo-jin - who had always been proud of his physical prowess and well maintained physique (with which he had used too no little extent in picking up on graduate students he lectured and occasionally taught) - was forcibly thrown into the military and the war. He eventually caught the attention of high command when many incidents of vampires suddenly collapsing around him in a comatose like state were reported. Realizing that Woo-jin was empowered, the Korean high command - being somewhat phobic of empowered individuals - gave him an ultimatum, either be executed or join the 707 SMB "White Tigers" and use his abilities for the good of Korea. He, clearly wanting to live, joined the White Tigers excelling at assassinating vampiric commanders as well as anyone who posed a threat to the South Korean government from within often persuading them to commit suicide. Being that Korea was a small nation with a people practically fully mobilized, the war was over pretty quickly for them with tiny vampire cells occasionally popping up every now and then. The war over, the South Korean government had little use for Woo-jin and he knew it. Quickly, he had applied for employment to the Academy for the Empowered which almost immediately accepted him - in a combination of acknowledging what benefit he could bring both to the reputation of the school and knowledge to impart with the students as well as being aware of the possibly lethal situation he was in. Of course, someone with his training and abilities would also provide a helpful hand in breaking up or preventing incidents (ahem, fights amongst students) from occurring.

Accepted.

Various but rather basic food. There are always two dishes available though, one with meat and one vegetarian, and anyone with allergies can get a specially made meal.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 am

Kintain wrote:If there is a curfew, he might inform the guards of this meeting and they could end up crashing the party. And their power nullifiers would ensure that you didn't escape.

Are you a villain?
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess