NATION

PASSWORD

A New World Discovered

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

New Ecopia wrote:Asks for alliance.

"Wouldn't it be wise to learn the situation before picking sides" a voice from a radio emits, "You should just observe the situation and learn about all of the current nations"

Riserland
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm

The 2 hour cease fire ends and the bombardment commences again exclusively targeting military/government buildings (the crews and pilots still unaware of the situation in the capital). Plumes of red smoke line the beaches as the main army storms them with tanks and infantry....

Special forces breach and clear every bombed-out building they believe their high value target might be hiding in as they make their way toward the capital building. Thus far worker/ slave casuties have remained in the 1-2 hundreds (relatively low all things considered) whereas every single C.E.O or know government supporter has been met with hot lead piercing their skull. As the Red Guards "vulture" squad prepairs to breach and clear the Colonial Capitol building where they seem to hear their HVI speaking passionately about "shedding every last drop of blood in defense of the homeland", a loud violent screech can be heard in the distance...

....A bunker-buster strikes the colonial capital building- rubble and dust fly high into the air sending shocks down every deserted street. Initial reports are shockingly grim as all of vulture squad is killed, it is estimated some where between 800 and 2,500 workers and slaves are also killed but the dictator is still unaccounted for.

Besarionis is informed via video conference by commissar Dovak- upon hearing this he cups his face in his hands and weeps softly for a moment.

OOC: I'm having a ton of fun with this but I have to call it a night, hopefully we may continue tomorrow. Feel free to post your next response tonight though if you wish.
Last edited by Riserland on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Nationstates' favorite American communist!

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 pm

"Riserland is getting agressive, overly so, and things were going so well too." the Minister Primus says to his chiefs of staff at the meeting room atop the national headquarters. "luckily we are still prepped from our standoff with Riserland, turn the defences back to war readiness and keep the fleet on standby." he crossed his hands thinking and watching the moniter. "it is lucky also, that most tourists went home prior to the incident, and tourisim had not picked up again."
He tapped a few keys opening an encrypted channel to The Atlantis, the large stealh sub monitering transmissions and cracking codes on both sides, feeding direct tacitcal information back to the war-ministreies. "Atlantis standing by."
"Do not engage, but be ready, there will be sunken ships on both sides tumbling down." The Atlantis could not use her shields while stealthed, her one major flaw, they glowed like the moon on a clear night.
"sir, we have the imperials offering assistance to Angelia, and Riserland is not happy, course of action?" He looked back at the admiral, and tapped his finger on the desk. "hack and splice the coms on all sides, if the imperials the last thing we want is for them to gain a foothold in the west. We will simply refuse to let them pass, basicly I want you to send their transports to the bottom... and captian." he smiled a bit looking down. "don't leave a trace."
"and if the Riserlanders take the island sir?"
"I want you to contact them through back channels, make a few tolken offers for join occupation in extange for us keeping the imperials out of the fight. We are after all the closest, and at least we treat our citizans with dignity and basic human rights."

Hircus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hircus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Hircus transmits it will offer refuge for innocent tourists fleeing the confrontation. Shuttles will take citizens to safety.

Prefect Ar'jan ur Sul'a

Has readied all defenses. and declares neutrality in this struggle but will watch our borders for any incursions.
Horn Teams (Special Force Away Teams) and Space Marines take there positions. Disruptor batteries manned.

Prefect Ar'jan ur Sul'a Speaks to officers
Once again we are called to our MOTTO "We Rebuild What Others Can Only Destroy." We must be prepared to defend those that need our help.
All medical departs should prepare for an influx of refugees.
Alliances: The Mind Empire of Lotrabme,
Accordance of Free Worlds
Civilization Index: Class R7: Tier 2, Type IV, Interstellar power
We are an alien (FT) species. We do things a little different...
Hircus Factbook - Hircus Embassy Starport- Planetary Lexicon- Hircus Military OoB
- Project Sanctuary

RL: Farming, My Shop ,Table Top RPGs with friends, Sharing the Fruits of my labor (Literally)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to GARDEN and the whole neighborhood gets tomatoes"

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Vulpae of course opens it's shores to refugees leaving the island, being far closer and reachable by boat. the ministery of immigration puts workers on the shores with little orange lights to indicate landing zones.
Sure enough the boats start arriving as people flee the island in the wake of the battle.

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Angelian media reports sinking of refugee boats and only show video of a Riserland navy fleet, an explosion, and a dead Angelian live reporter on the mainland shore
Last edited by Angelia Island on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm

The Head of State appears on screens and TVs everywhere and on the screen of the damaged and abandoned Capitol skyscraper. "People of the most blessed Angelia Island! I have gathered you here today to address the chaos on every Island! They search for me and call me names such as 'Tyrant', They bombed everyone who enjoys our prosperity whether tourist or civilian, first class or third class, they did not cease killing until someone pointed out their flaw. Even passed that they have bombed our Capitol Building where thousands of workers and slaves were gathered. Refuseing to leave our great country. They have killed the people they claim they are protecting. What does this say? They just want to occupy our beautiful islands. They kill the people who watch over you and employ you! They do so in front of their families! Imagine the pain and trauma their children, wives, and husbands must witness. They do so with no mercy, can you imagine if it was you? If it was you who would be forced to stare a murder in the face as he smiled and his weapon shot a loud goodbye? Or If you had to witness your loved one get mercilessly slaughtered by the real tyrants?" It becomes clear he is winning over crowds across the country. "Even if there is not a vote, have I stripped you of your civil rights? Have I obliterated the economy and taken your right to buy as you choose?" Increasingly energized crowds begins to shout 'No!', 'For Angelia Island!', and 'For the Head of State!' " I ask you to prevent anymore injustice upon those who live patriotically just as you. Those who work to feed their families and dream that we may all have a better tomorrow just as you. And I will prevent injustice upon your souls. I will free the slaves who are willing to purge us of those Militaristic Murders! And I will provide a better life for those who fight against those bloodthirsty savages!" Determined, patriotic, and angry mobs of factory workers, farmers, and slaves from every island of the nation begin uprise against Riserland using stones, concrete, pipes, and rebar from fallen buildings. The Head of State thanked them gracefully and turned off the camera knowing very well they would be too riled and loud to listen to any rational reasoning.
Last edited by Angelia Island on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm

This poses a problem for vulpae, being the mainland, the angry mobs are mixed with refugees. when the first group of looters arrive and pummel a ministery offical, and a number of bystanders. Vulpae is forced to take action, exo-armored riot police get to see their first action in thirty years. protecting checkpoints, and being forced to quell mobs with tear gas, flash bangs, ADS turrets, and bean bag guns.
the southwest coastline is mostly farmland, with a few cities, and it is the farmers who are victimized untill government troops can arrive and break up the looters.

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:45 am

Cruciland's attention has been directed towards the communist state of Riserland and the benevolent dictatorship of Angelia Islands. In response to aggression from Riserland unto a small island because of simply its guardian-like leader, in addition to the need to dissolve any and all destructive regimes, we will be sending a thick cloud of drones to ring around the Angelian Islands in order to protect its borders and cut off invading soldiers from their motherland.

If more soldiers are sent into the Angelia Islands, we will likewise send more aid.
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Riserland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:14 am

Cruciland wrote:Cruciland's attention has been directed towards the communist state of Riserland and the benevolent dictatorship of Angelia Islands. In response to aggression from Riserland unto a small island because of simply its guardian-like leader, in addition to the need to dissolve any and all destructive regimes, we will be sending a thick cloud of drones to ring around the Angelian Islands in order to protect its borders and cut off invading soldiers from their motherland.

If more soldiers are sent into the Angelia Islands, we will likewise send more aid.

"Sir, Crucilandish drones have swarmed Angelia and we have been forced to suspend any further landings" says Commissar Dovak 1 week after the humiliating friendly fire/ civilian casualty incident at the colonial capital building. "Is he dead yet?" asks Besarionis, a look of solemn hatred in his eyes. "No sir, according to the bureau of intelligence he escaped and moved to the secondary capitol skyscraper from which he stirred up a mob to combat our forces- most peaceful civilians have defected to Vulpae or Hircus and those who sympathize with us have already been extracted and moved to Riserland for questioning."

A short pause follows....

"Is that all Commisar?" the Premier asks. "The Angelian media appears to be reporting that our ships are attacking refugees, sir." A look of disgust comes over Besarionis "We did not order this! Are there any credible witnesses?" Dovak scans the room and carefully takes a seat "The only ones who claim to have seen it are Angellian but since last week's incident at the 1st capitol building I doubt anyone would believe us if we told them it is a stunt organized by their propaganda department."

The room is deathly silent for nearly 5 minutes both men gazing out the window at a garden below....

"We cannot have a guerilla war on our hands, commissar..." He stands and returns to his desk "...Inform Minister Fvillia, I will be issuing an ultimatum on TV tonight."

The fighting and searching continues throughout the day as drones blot out the sky above. There is still no sign of the dictator. As Riserlandish foot soldiers and tank columns patrol the streets of the capital they encounter the mobs. Attempts are made to quell them without using lethal force but they fail miserably and in the process 15 soldiers are killed. The mobs continue to rage through the streets killing anybody they deem a foreigner or a traitor.

(That night on Riserlandish TV)

"This message is for you, capitalist rat... look at yourself, hiding in your hole using your own people as human shields. Quite frankly I am shocked that the international community has not done more to put your tyrannical reign of terror to an end- tonight I will. I offer you this: come out of the shadows and stand trial for your crimes against the proletariat, the over 400 of your citizens currently residing in Riserland want you to. If you do I can personally guarantee you that you may remain in power and that we will even aid the reconstruction process. If you refuse then we will find you and execute you on the spot.....The choice is now in your hands, you have 2 weeks to decide"
Last edited by Riserland on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

Cruciland
Senator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 am

Cruciland advises the leader of the Angelian Islands to stay inside of the ring of defense, where communist forces may not get to him.
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

Public messages are sent to both Riserland and Angelan governments, or what is left of them. "this sillyness has gone on long enough, and will only heap more bodies into the streets. might we offer a safe place and direct Ip connection for the two parties to discuss an end to hostilities. Before we are forced to arrest more angelan looters, or more damage is done to our investments via Riserlandian occupation?"

Meanwhile, private companies within vulpae begin to move, making offers of command and control support for both regimes.

Riserland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 am

Vulpae wrote:Public messages are sent to both Riserland and Angelan governments, or what is left of them. "this sillyness has gone on long enough, and will only heap more bodies into the streets. might we offer a safe place and direct Ip connection for the two parties to discuss an end to hostilities. Before we are forced to arrest more angelan looters, or more damage is done to our investments via Riserlandian occupation?"

Meanwhile, private companies within vulpae begin to move, making offers of command and control support for both regimes.

"Our diplomats would be more than happy to attend a peace conference in Vulpae however, let it be known that the conditions outlined in comrade Besarionis' speech will not be changed and that they are the only peace terms we will agree to." said foreign affairs commisair Anna Bhanil to the press.
Last edited by Riserland on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am

Riserland wrote:
Vulpae wrote:Public messages are sent to both Riserland and Angelan governments, or what is left of them. "this sillyness has gone on long enough, and will only heap more bodies into the streets. might we offer a safe place and direct Ip connection for the two parties to discuss an end to hostilities. Before we are forced to arrest more angelan looters, or more damage is done to our investments via Riserlandian occupation?"

"Our diplomats would be more than happy to attend a peace conference in Vulpae however, let it be known that the conditions outlined in comrade Besarionis' speech will not be changed and that they are the only peace terms we will agree to." said foreign affairs commisair Anna Bhanil to the press.

"And of course Angelia wants a chance to use stop-gap measures to avoid the econbomic shock, which frankly isn't an issue anymore as people just jumped ship." the Minister of external affairs sends a small document via e-mail to both leaders. "we suggest that their "indentured servants" who retained many normal rights anyways, be given full and lawful protection, including rights enjoyed by citizans. However, those still employed, will continue their current jobs at current rates, while gaining a proper education, and being allowed to move up from their current positions. Vulpaen and Riserlander inspectors will arrive once a year to inspect facilities and make sure they are up to international standards, and that abuse is stamped out."

New Republic of Scotlnd
Attaché

Founded: Aug 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Republic of Scotlnd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm

The New Republic of Scotland would like to know if there is any land spare. We are to send about 15,000 colonists to wherever there is spare land. We will trade and our colonists will abide by your laws. We are willing to pay as well.
Sincerely, Ministry of Giving and Receiving Letters
William Wallace!

Hircus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hircus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Vulpae wrote:
Riserland wrote:

"And of course Angelia wants a chance to use stop-gap measures to avoid the econbomic shock, which frankly isn't an issue anymore as people just jumped ship." the Minister of external affairs sends a small document via e-mail to both leaders. "we suggest that their "indentured servants" who retained many normal rights anyways, be given full and lawful protection, including rights enjoyed by citizans. However, those still employed, will continue their current jobs at current rates, while gaining a proper education, and being allowed to move up from their current positions. Vulpaen and Riserlander inspectors will arrive once a year to inspect facilities and make sure they are up to international standards, and that abuse is stamped out."

We would like to send observers to add "International" legitimacy and prevent abuses. We would volunteer to be a neutral outside liaisons.
Alliances: The Mind Empire of Lotrabme,
Accordance of Free Worlds
Civilization Index: Class R7: Tier 2, Type IV, Interstellar power
We are an alien (FT) species. We do things a little different...
Hircus Factbook - Hircus Embassy Starport- Planetary Lexicon- Hircus Military OoB
- Project Sanctuary

RL: Farming, My Shop ,Table Top RPGs with friends, Sharing the Fruits of my labor (Literally)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to GARDEN and the whole neighborhood gets tomatoes"

Riserland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

New Republic of Scotlnd wrote:The New Republic of Scotland would like to know if there is any land spare. We are to send about 15,000 colonists to wherever there is spare land. We will trade and our colonists will abide by your laws. We are willing to pay as well.

OOC: we can get you set up with that soon, our new map maker is away right now but I'm certain things are going to liven up once he gets here. :lol2:

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

(OOC: we got a bit fat section of empty between Vulpae and The Riech, while I don't like the idea of sharing a boarder with potential fascists. The land hunger of Vulpae will push them east eventually, they are expansionists, not imperialists after all. Moreover, at least it would alllow boarder hopping from the riech, and such refugees usually include intellectuals, artists, and poets. YAY culture!)
Last edited by Vulpae on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riserland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Vulpae wrote:(OOC: we got a bit fat section of empty between Vulpae and The Riech, while I don't like the idea of sharing a boarder with potential fascists. The land hunger of Vulpae will push them east eventually, they are expansionists, not imperialists after all. Moreover, at least it would alllow boarder hopping from the riech, and such refugees usually include intellectuals, artists, and poets. YAY culture!)

OOC: actually if your referring to the most recent map (the one Angelia Island made) the section labeled as the Reich is actually Sacheyenya but it was a minor mistake.
Last edited by Riserland on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vulpae
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulpae » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Riserland wrote:
Vulpae wrote:(OOC: we got a bit fat section of empty between Vulpae and The Riech, while I don't like the idea of sharing a boarder with potential fascists. The land hunger of Vulpae will push them east eventually, they are expansionists, not imperialists after all. Moreover, at least it would alllow boarder hopping from the riech, and such refugees usually include intellectuals, artists, and poets. YAY culture!)

OOC: actually if your referring to the most recent map (the one Angelia Island made) the section labeled as the Reich is actually Sacheyenya but it was a minor mistake.

Oh I missed some... oh well... still big open land for settling.... *drools*

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:36 pm

A telegram reaches a Vulpaen private office, "While the Angelia Island would love to send over a diplomat, many of it's government officials fear for their safety and will only talk via electronic devices

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

New Republic of Scotlnd wrote:The New Republic of Scotland would like to know if there is any land spare. We are to send about 15,000 colonists to wherever there is spare land. We will trade and our colonists will abide by your laws. We are willing to pay as well.

OOC: Have you viewed the map? Is there a certain place you would like to be placed?

Riserland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riserland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

The conflict in Angelia Island drags on as the date of Besarionis' "kill on sight" order draws nearer and nearer. Still no details have been released for the Vulpaean peace conference such as time or place.

There are nearly no civilians left, the few there are have hunkered down in their basements praying that this brutal occupation come to an end. Decomposing corpses litter the streets as hundreds of Crucilandian drones buzz above them like vultures. Eventually the troops cannot stand the smell any longer, burn pits are set up in the centers of once bustling intersections and plundered gasoline is used to light them. The special forces now fan out into the countryside searching for the dictator as the main armies continue to do the same in the cities.

0900- week 4 of Angelian conflict... outskirts of a currently unnamed gambling town

Red Guards special operations team "Steelcrow" happens to come across a metal hatch camouflaged in grass and hidden under a highway, voices can be heard from inside.....(OOC your choice what happens here Angelia)
Last edited by Riserland on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cruciland
Senator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Angelian Isles
The ring of drones (OOC: which I presume you may or may not be paying attention to) surrounding the Angelian Isles began breaking off parts of it, which performed sweep-searches over the archipelago in order to search for survivors. Those they did find were quickly taken to one section of the isles, where ruins covered the ground. A golden tower of Crucilandian make was being built to quarter survivors. Eventually, they located Riserlandian occupation forces. A single one of the tiny drones floated down into a building, where it rested and carefully watched the proceedings and advancements. Others settled into nearby buildings where other contingents were located, spying for any signs of prisoners, running refugees, or gunshots that would indicate a plausible excuse to snipe the Riserlandians down. As it stood, their size and distance kept them completely invisible to Riserlandian forces and refugees alike.

Then, one drone caught sight of a hideout that the Riserlandians had discovered...

Angelia Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Angelia Island » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Apparently a conversation between father and daughter, soldiers choose to easedrop. "Why do you insist on being so civil?" A woman said, "The terrorist said if you didnt submit to their demands the would unleash nuclear weapons on the Riserland capital. Does that seem so bad considering what theyve done?" The Head of State responded, "Sweetie, that goes against everything Ive ever taught you. These peopke simply are passionate about their views. They have a right to be, just like we do. Now fir some reason the terrorists want us to quarrel. I don't know why but lets hope the world will catch on soon. The guerilla fighters are insisting we begin a national tradition where we throw Riserland POW off the top of the capitol skyscraper. I hear they capture soldiers by the hundreds. Lets get out of here." The area becomes somberly quiet
Last edited by Angelia Island on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information