NATION

PASSWORD

America Officially Rejects Death Star

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Bojikami wrote:Guys, america is obviously isn't gonna do it.

They're building reapers.

We're building stupid plot devices. Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:28 pm

West Angola wrote:This is just another example of a president who is not accountable to the people. This is why he should be impeached, when the people make their will clear he says no. What kind of president is this!?

No, we need to wipe out the entirety of all the federal government branches and replace them with anyone who will be willing to support our progress into a grand empire.

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Gauthier wrote:
666345345 wrote:The United States officially responded to an online petition asking that government to build a death star. (yes the one from Star Wars)
While refusing on the grounds of the cost of the project (allegedly $850 quadrillion), the United States government stated that the United States of America is adamantly opposed to blowing up planets that have people on them.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t3

How much would you like to bet the first Republican gets elected President will try to build a Death Star to spite Obama?

850 quadrillion.

Although I know I'd lose that one.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Zathganastan wrote:Well if we can't have a Death star then I demand a fleet of Super Star destroyers

Screw that, get a little doctor, kill all life on/in the planet.

Bah. To hell with that. I intend to build a Death Star with a Little Doctor built in as the laser. A green Little Doctor. It will also blow up suns as well.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Azrael wrote:
Bojikami wrote:Guys, america is obviously isn't gonna do it.

They're building reapers.

We're building stupid plot devices. Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Looks like this...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...won't end well at all...

YEEEEAAAAH!!!!!
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Azrael wrote:No, we need to wipe out the entirety of all the federal government branches and replace them with anyone who will be willing to support our progress into a grand empire.

That's right. I've grown an army of clones that may be helpful with this plan. :p
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Azrael wrote:We're building stupid plot devices. Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Looks like this...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...won't end well at all...

YEEEEAAAAH!!!!!

This guy's got the right idea!

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm

West Angola wrote:
Azrael wrote:No, we need to wipe out the entirety of all the federal government branches and replace them with anyone who will be willing to support our progress into a grand empire.

That's right. I've grown an army of clones that may be helpful with this plan. :p

Eliminate all the naysayers. Execute Order 66.

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Azrael wrote:Eliminate all the naysayers. Execute Order 66.

While the attempt on my life has left me scarred and disfigured, my resolve has never been stronger! Effective today, the American Republic will be reorganized into the FIRST, GALACTIC EMPIRE!

On a subsequent but not entirely unrelated note, the new Galactic Empire claims the entire galaxy.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

The House of Isaac
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Isaac » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 am

Constaniana wrote:
The House of Isaac wrote:Killing a person with something beautiful gives them happiness in their last moments.

"Sir, I had some new ideas for the Death Star project…"
"Oh, and what would those ideas be?"
" Ok, what if....we made the superlaser....shoot rainbows."

Later....

"Damn it to Kansas, the Empire's gonna kill us all!"
"Look on the bright side guys!"
"WHAT BRIGHT SIDE IS THERE 'YE WHORE TIT?!?!?"
"They're shooting rainbows at us."

That is correct. If I could die by rainbow, I would be happy. Rainbows are beautiful, though a double rainbow is even better. Die by double rainbows.

Capitolinium
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Capitolinium » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

Pavlostani wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
How much would you like to bet the first Republican gets elected President will try to build a Death Star to spite Obama?

850 quadrillion.

Although I know I'd lose that one.

Hm. Since when has Obama cared about the cost of something? Krugman will probably harp about how great a stimulus this project would be.
"The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch." -Shakespeare, Richard III

Vexillum Capitolini

Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.62

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm

A sad day for democracy.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Gauthier wrote:
666345345 wrote:The United States officially responded to an online petition asking that government to build a death star. (yes the one from Star Wars)
While refusing on the grounds of the cost of the project (allegedly $850 quadrillion), the United States government stated that the United States of America is adamantly opposed to blowing up planets that have people on them.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t3

(starts Darth Vader breathing): 900 quadrillion dollars.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Gallo is going to be pissed.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I got an email response to the secession petition, I think the white house is taking these petitions too seriously.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:17 pm

greed and death wrote:I got an email response to the secession petition, I think the white house is taking these petitions too seriously.

I think the staffers enjoy having a ridiculous petition that allows them to make an equally ridiculous response.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Battleschool Proposal

Postby Flarbinia » Fri May 23, 2014 9:28 am

America should go beyond the death star and create a massive space armada. It is not as expensive as you think! All the government needs to do is build a military base on the moon in order to house the fleet and then build a factory on Mars to cut the cost of putting spaceships in space. Then, all congress has to do is pass a bill not only that allows the military to draft convicted felons from prisons in order to maintain a steady surprise of pilots, but also places the space program under military control so that the students can put those skilled little minds to more important uses than whatever NASA currently teaches them. however, in order for this plan to work, the international space station must be seized by the US government by any means necessary.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am

Flarbinia wrote:America should go beyond the death star and create a massive space armada. It is not as expensive as you think! All the government needs to do is build a military base on the moon in order to house the fleet and then build a factory on Mars to cut the cost of putting spaceships in space. Then, all congress has to do is pass a bill not only that allows the military to draft convicted felons from prisons in order to maintain a steady surprise of pilots, but also places the space program under military control so that the students can put those skilled little minds to more important uses than whatever NASA currently teaches them. however, in order for this plan to work, the international space station must be seized by the US government by any means necessary.

And you should remember that digging up threads that have been dead since January is bad.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General