NATION

PASSWORD

Ga. mom shoots intruder 5 times, saves children

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
United Aryan Asian Alliance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Ga. mom shoots intruder 5 times, saves children

Postby United Aryan Asian Alliance » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 am

LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.
The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.
According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Another case of guns saving lives. Good thing we have the second amendment.

Xsyne
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 am

Looks more like she killed someone who was worried when she didn't answer the door.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.

Source?

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 am

Source, please?
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am

This should be good. Guns: "saving lives" by punching people full of holes!
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am

Pope Joan wrote:Source, please?

:eyebrow:
Uh I live in Georgia this happened, its all over the local news.
Bruh.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am

Source?

The article doesn't suggest she was in danger as the intruder seemed more intent on theft.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Tarvelia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarvelia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:58 am

The Kingdom of Tarvelia + Һранве́лӷа Ҭáрвең

A post-Soviet, semi-constitutional monarchy with a strong sense of tradition. Basically just a humble, subarctic nation of (heavily armed) fishermen, lumberjacks and farmers trying to maintain their cultural identity in an increasingly cosmopolitan world.
Fiscally centrist reactionary and anti-NATO.

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:59 am

United Aryan Asian Alliance wrote:
LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.
The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.
According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Yeah because the intruder was definitely intent on murdering her and her children, that's why he knocked and rang the doorbell, to see if anyone was home. He assumed nobody was and broke in.

She murdered him, plain and simple, on a hunch. yay guns.
Last edited by Stedicules on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Nidaria
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nidaria » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 am

Why would anyone want others to be defenseless in this kind of situation?
"He who denies the existence of God has some reason for wishing that God did not exist." --St. Augustine
"There is only one difference between genius and stupidity: genius has limits." --Albert Einstein
"When statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties... they lead their country by a short route to chaos." --St. Thomas More
Anti-gay, Pro-life, Traditionalist, Libertarian, Non-interventionist, Loyal Roman Catholic
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic 25%
Secular/Fundamentalist 67%
Visionary/Reactionary 21%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian 6%
Communist/Capitalist 41%
Pacifist/Militaristic 7%
Ecological/Anthropocentric 52%

Carsonalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carsonalia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 am

Stedicules wrote:

Christ you people are horrific. A woman defends herself and she's a murderer?

Fucking hell.

Warinemachine
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Warinemachine » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 am

Look guns save lives! proof proof proof!

Nu Sparta
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nu Sparta » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Source?

The article doesn't suggest she was in danger as the intruder seemed more intent on theft.

So what your saying she shouldn't of shot him because he was just a thief and not a murderer? You break into my house your endangering my family, my sense of security, my livelihood, and my life. No matter what your actual intent is.

Good job mom!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 am

Stedicules wrote:

Yeah because the intruder was definitely intent on murdering her and her children, that's why he knocked and rang the doorbell, to see if anyone was home. He assumed nobody was and broke in.

He didn't die.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Stedicules wrote:

I admit it's a heavily warped sense of perspective, but I put as great or a higher importance on my belongings than my lives and those around me.
In such a situation, I would be defending my home, if not necessarily myself.

This is my house, and a burglar has no right to be here.
I'm of the opinion that a home invasion constitutes possible malicious intent in the first place.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Nidaria
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nidaria » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Stedicules wrote:

You think that a thief would not react violently? Why should a person take that chance? Would you put your own children's lives at stake?
"He who denies the existence of God has some reason for wishing that God did not exist." --St. Augustine
"There is only one difference between genius and stupidity: genius has limits." --Albert Einstein
"When statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties... they lead their country by a short route to chaos." --St. Thomas More
Anti-gay, Pro-life, Traditionalist, Libertarian, Non-interventionist, Loyal Roman Catholic
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic 25%
Secular/Fundamentalist 67%
Visionary/Reactionary 21%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian 6%
Communist/Capitalist 41%
Pacifist/Militaristic 7%
Ecological/Anthropocentric 52%

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Nu Sparta wrote:

So what your saying she shouldn't of shot him because he was just a thief and not a murderer? You break into my house your endangering my family, my sense of security, my livelihood, and my life. No matter what your actual intent is.

Good job mom!

I would rather him take my TV or something else. Why would you ever want to someone's life over a trivial thing like material wealth? Human life is far more important.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Russiam
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russiam » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

yeah cuz all law abiding citizens who have guns will stay law abiding thier whole lives and there is no possibility they will lose it and go on a killing spree.... ( sarcasm )

Conventiala
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conventiala » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Nidaria wrote:Why would anyone want others to be defenseless in this kind of situation?

Exactly.

Think of the criminal, gais!
Proud fundamentalist.

Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic: 74%
Secular/Fundamentalist: 63%
Visionary/Reactionary: 41%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian: 43%
Communistic/Capitalistic: 35%
Pacifistic/Militaristic: 25%
Ecological/Anthropocentric: 40%

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

So she shot someone dead because he wanted to take her things.

Sorry, I don't particularly care for that.

Now she'll forever live with herself reliving that moment of killing that man - hope she's ok with that.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Nidaria wrote:Why would anyone want others to be defenseless in this kind of situation?

If she was going to use her firearm, shouldn't she have held him at gunpoint and waited to see if he'd leave after having a gun pointed at him?

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am

Stedicules wrote:

Pretty much.
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am

Nu Sparta wrote:

Good job mom!

Obviously, ringing the door bell several times and then going back to the car for a crow bar is the calling card of the murderer.

He probably would have ran if he saw her with the gun.

Tarvelia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarvelia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am

Carsonalia wrote:
Stedicules wrote:

Christ you people are horrific. A woman defends herself and she's a murderer?

Fucking hell.

They obvious believe we don't have the right to defend our families. If someone breaks into my home with my children home, you bet I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE WAS THERE TO EITHER KILL OR STEAL FROM ME, I wouldn't take the chance.
The Kingdom of Tarvelia + Һранве́лӷа Ҭáрвең

A post-Soviet, semi-constitutional monarchy with a strong sense of tradition. Basically just a humble, subarctic nation of (heavily armed) fishermen, lumberjacks and farmers trying to maintain their cultural identity in an increasingly cosmopolitan world.
Fiscally centrist reactionary and anti-NATO.

United States of Raptors
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Raptors » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am

Stedicules wrote:

We don't know what he would have done had she not shot him. For all we know he had a gun as well and once he found them he could have decided to shoot them.

Use logic for once.
The Archregimancy wrote:I only have one:

That most people in NSG actually know that much about history/archaeology in the first place.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:So she shot someone dead because he wanted to take her things.

Sorry, I don't particularly care for that.

Now she'll forever live with herself reliving that moment of killing that man - hope she's ok with that.

Her justification is that she saved her two children from anything that may have happened.
People, particularly Americans, place great premium on events that had the possibility of happening, no matter how slim the probability.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General