NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Tourist International Protection Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Tourist International Protection Act

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Tourist International Protection Act

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Mild

RECOGNIZING that people may want to travel to different nations for many purposes like vacations,sightseeing or visiting family members.

DEFINES
A tourist as a person who travels to a foreign nation for visiting purposes

CLARIFIES that this is only for crimes done by tourists in foreign nations that are seen as a small offence by that foreign nation which would result in deportation but not jail time.

(ii} :that this does not affect a nation's ability to permanently ban nationals that have been deported from re entering

UNDERSTANDING that some tourists may break laws of foreign nations while visiting

FURTHER UNDERSTANDING that nations may detain foreign nationals until deportation

OBSERVING that those tourists arrested by Foreign Authorities are sometimes physically abused before deportation.

MANDATES
(i) :that all member nations come to an agreement that they will ensure the maximum safety of those foreign nationals while in their custody.

(ii) :that no foreign national arrested in their nation may be abused in any way by authorities or by other inmates.

(iii) :that member nations must deport those foreign nationals as soon as the first transportation is available.This is only for nations that do not require foreign nationals who are waiting deportation to pay for their own transportation.

(iiii) :that all member nations follow the correct deportation methods issued by the WA at all times

(iiii) :nations to submit a report of the crime to the nations of those nationals

FURHTER MANDATING
(i) :that nations of any national arrested in a foreign nation must respect the laws of that foreign nation
Last edited by Rightport on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Office of the Permanent Representative of Rightport to the World Assembly

Department of International Affairs

All Rights Reserved © Government | Rightport

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:14 pm

So you're wanting to extend diplomatic immunity to tourists? Really? (Please tell me I read that wrong.)
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Point Breeze
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Point Breeze » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 pm

In my city, foreign nationals who commit a crime in city limits are held as a citizen of the city and will be adjudicated as such. After finishing their sentence, they're released to their home nation.

Are you seeking to create an international standard procedure for tourists involved in crimes abroad? There is already a resolution covering international extradition, so make sure you review that and won't be duplicating.

Many other resolutions cover the rights of those accused, in trial, and in prisons (Habeas Corpus, Treatment of Inmates, etc.).
Thane of WA Affairs for Wintreath

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

I don't see a proposal here. There's not much point in arguing over whether or not we should legislate on something if we have no legislation to look at.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Kartolandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kartolandia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 pm

We understand the good-will in your proposal but we are more worried with the safety of our citizens first. Any other national would recieve the same treatment.

Kindly

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Kartolandia wrote:We understand the good-will in your proposal but we are more worried with the safety of our citizens first. Any other national would recieve the same treatment.

Kindly

Thank you for understanding.The purpose of this is to protect each country citizens as you are worried about the safety of your citizens.That is what this is for but at the same time to be fair in serving justice to those citizens who disrespect and break laws in foreign countries,and that is by making sure no citizen is physically abused while in foreign authorities custody and also to make sure that after deportation if these citizens are found in the wrong to make sure be fair to that country by taking the appropriate action against that citizen who decided to break laws of that country

The whole purpose of this is to make sure that when these cases occur both parties are treated fair and is resolved in a peaceful manner.

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Kartolandia wrote:We understand the good-will in your proposal but we are more worried with the safety of our citizens first. Any other national would recieve the same treatment.

Kindly

We also understand that your country might treat foreign nationals the same as stated above but what about those other countries that don't.....see the reason for this

Point Breeze
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Point Breeze » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Alright, I'll bite. Specifically what would your proposal include? How would you guarantee the safety of tourists abroad?

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Point Breeze wrote:Alright, I'll bite. Specifically what would your proposal include? How would you guarantee the safety of tourists abroad?

Well by doing this we this will ensure that all specifically WA member nations will be in compliance with this Act.Now in a case where this is not being followed by one of our member nations we can immediately warn our people about that nation and would allow our people to know which country we recommend safe and which is not.

See you have to understand right now we have no record or registry of safe nations for our people to visit but by creating an act such as this will minimize the chance of this happening as nations would not want their name on the International list as a no visit place.

WA member nations are expected to comply with the rules and Acts that are being passed in the WA and By making an act that will bring nations to an agreement like this we can prevent stuff like this from happening
Last edited by Rightport on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm

We can use Rightport as a good example.In Rightport we make sure that all tourist from any country is treated fair and is safe.We would like to see other nations do the same and protect our citizens who may be visiting their countries as well.
Last edited by Rightport on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheeled States of Bifid
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wheeled States of Bifid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Well by doing this we this will ensure that all specifically WA member nations will be in compliance with this Act.

I believe that the question we're all asking is "What Act?"
Last edited by Wheeled States of Bifid on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Afforess wrote:This is how Democracy dies - with thunderous applause.
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
J.E. Wheeler, Guardian, Wheeled States of Bifid, WA Delegate, Democratium

"Insanity is a gradual process, don't rush it."

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Generation 36 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 pm

No offense but please use common sense here..this is what I am prepared to propose as a resolution reason for "Opinions"being placed in the title.I wanted to get opinions from the International Community before going head and making a draft.The Act is the actual thing I am trying to get passed
Last edited by Rightport on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Rightport wrote:No offense but please use common sense here ... The Act is the actual thing I am trying to get passed

No offense but please use common sense here ... until you post The Act you want to pass, we have nothing to discuss. Draft something as a baseline, then take suggestions and make edits. If all you have to discuss is some ideas you're keeping hidden in your brain, this topic is spam and will soon be locked.

Point Breeze
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Point Breeze » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

Alright, sir You want my opinion on what you have (nothing)? Then I'll gladly give it. To be honest, I don't feel like any new legislation is needed on this topic. Many laws already protect the rights of those accused of crimes, regardless of nationality or jurisdiction. There are also acts governing extradition procedures. The government of Point Breeze is of the opinion that all legal bases have been covered. If you could demonstrate an area where legislation is needed to correct some grievous wrong in the tourism industry, then we would of course reconsider.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 am

OPPOSED

Natsov reasons and, all that good stuff

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:23 am

Rightport wrote:The purpose of this is to protect each country citizens as you are worried about the safety of your citizens.That is what this is for but at the same time to be fair in serving justice to those citizens who disrespect and break laws in foreign countries,and that is by making sure no citizen is physically abused while in foreign authorities custody

We already have resolutions on the subjects of fair trials and the proper treatment of the imprisoned.

And why privilege tourists over people who are travelling abroad for business purposes [for example], anyhows?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Rightport wrote:The purpose of this is to protect each country citizens as you are worried about the safety of your citizens.That is what this is for but at the same time to be fair in serving justice to those citizens who disrespect and break laws in foreign countries,and that is by making sure no citizen is physically abused while in foreign authorities custody

We already have resolutions on the subjects of fair trials and the proper treatment of the imprisoned.

And why privilege tourists over people who are travelling abroad for business purposes [for example], anyhows?

I know that there are resolutions on the subject of fair trials and imprisonment but this is to protect you citizens while they are visiting as a "visitor" in a foreign country to make sure they are not mistreated or abused in any way if they happens to get arrested.

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am

Since you are all disagreeing with this act,is there something that the Extradition Act did not cover that you may have in mind for me to create a resolution about?

Most of those acts are mainly covering people who may have immigrated illegally and overstayed and are locked up and waiting to be deported,therefore ensuring the safety of those people while waiting deportation.

This is an act to protect tourists if they happens to get arrested during their visits,and to make sure those individuals home nations know their people are safe while arrested abroad.
Last edited by Rightport on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I dont like the notion that I have to deport citizens back, why can't I subject them to my penal laws seeing as it was my justice laws they broke in the first place?
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Abacathea wrote:Whilst I understand the sentiment, I dont like the notion that I have to deport citizens back, why can't I subject them to my penal laws seeing as it was my justice laws they broke in the first place?

That's why I thought this was diplomatic immunity revisited, because that's the most you can do to diplomats found breaking your laws; sending them back home.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Abacathea wrote:Whilst I understand the sentiment, I dont like the notion that I have to deport citizens back, why can't I subject them to my penal laws seeing as it was my justice laws they broke in the first place?

That's why I thought this was diplomatic immunity revisited, because that's the most you can do to diplomats found breaking your laws; sending them back home.

I see your viewpoint, and for that reason would be inclined to oppose this legislation until such a time as that was addressed.
Last edited by Abacathea on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Rightport
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rightport » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm

This has been an ongoing problem between nations because while some nations feel they should have the right to keep foreign nationals and decide the penalty for them others feel as if their citizens are being held by foreign authorities when they disagree.

Since nations cannot come to an agreement this would help to avoid all the problems of nations trying to get back their citizens and nations not wanting to.This will ensure that both sides win by
1)ensuring every tourist is safe and returned back home
2)ensuring that after they are turned back justice is served and everything is played fair.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Rightport wrote:2)ensuring that after they are turned back justice is served and everything is played fair.

Take in example drugs. Possessing drugs is illegal in Araraukar. But it may not be illegal in the person's country of origin. In Araraukar, if you're found to possess drugs (not for purposes of selling or moving them across the border, simply having them on your person), they are taken away, you are fined, and will have to serve time in prison (severity depends on amount and type of drug, some are "more banned" than others). If I were to deport said person back to their own country, where it wasn't a crime, they would walk free, and no justice would have been served, from my point of view.

Wheeled States of Bifid
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wheeled States of Bifid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 pm

(i) :that all member nations come to an agreement that they will ensure the maximum safety of those foreign nationals while in custody.

(ii) :that no foreign national arrested in their nation may be abused in any way by authorities or whiles in jail.

These are already covered in other resolutions, they just don't make distinctions between natives and foreigners.

(iii) :that member nations must deport those foreign nationals as soon as the first flight is available to the home nation of those foreign nationals.

Why can't they face the same penalties as the citizens of the nation in question?

(iiii) :that all member nations follow the correct deportation methods issued by the WA at all times

Which we already do.

(iiii) :nations to keep an investigation report of the crime for a period of 3 years minimum for proof so that they may be reviewed at any given point by the the nations of those nationals to determine what should be done or by the WA for any other purposes upon request.

This feels like micromanagement

FURHTER MANDATING
(i) :that nations of those nationals arrested abroad must respect the laws of that foreign nation
by following the correct procedures given by the WA which will ensure the correct action is
taken against those who break laws of foreign nations.

I suspect you're going to get flack for this because many nations don't want to enforce another nation's laws on their own citizens.
Afforess wrote:This is how Democracy dies - with thunderous applause.
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
J.E. Wheeler, Guardian, Wheeled States of Bifid, WA Delegate, Democratium

"Insanity is a gradual process, don't rush it."

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Generation 36 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Qasaqi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qasaqi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 pm

you know what you spy loving hipee

OPPOSED!
The only Ba'ath nation on NS!

my political compass:Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62 http://tests.student.com/test.php

Social:Gandhi Economically: Mao

Next