NATION

PASSWORD

Battletech OOC/Registration (Still open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we end the Sim?

End the Sim, we've already won anyway.
43%
Lets keep it going I want to kick some more simulated asses.
24%
Doesn't matter to me.
10%
Do we refer to a lance of Jenners as a Bruce?
24%

Total votes : 21

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 am

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:I promise, I'm still around and still playing...I know it doesn't LOOK like it but that's just because I've been planning a cunning maneuver...

Okay...the truth is I haven't seen any movement from any of Artemus' lancemates at all, plus no response to this part of my post...

So I'm sorta lost as to what to do.

Just need a bit of direction Saintly one, and I'll gladly re-engage.

My bad, I never saw that if I did I forgot it.
Well, since Junii hasn't been seen lately...and Walter's been engaged....would Artemus get lambasted at all for going "judy judy" and engaging on his own?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:My bad, I never saw that if I did I forgot it.
Well, since Junii hasn't been seen lately...and Walter's been engaged....would Artemus get lambasted at all for going "judy judy" and engaging on his own?

Well Bear wont say anything at least.

And as for using your infrared, the average equatorial temperature of Outreach is 24C (75F) meaning that it would appear as normal for infrared.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Well, since Junii hasn't been seen lately...and Walter's been engaged....would Artemus get lambasted at all for going "judy judy" and engaging on his own?

Well Bear wont say anything at least.

And as for using your infrared, the average equatorial temperature of Outreach is 24C (75F) meaning that it would appear as normal for infrared.
Exactly. Which is why "flashing" the thermal optics would have given away a mech's heat signature if they were running on passive sensors. Mechs run pretty hot to begin with, and add to that hard maneuvers, possible firing...

Anywhoozle, you get the idea. ALright, making a return post...sometime soon :p
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Just remember it stikk only works to los
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

SaintB wrote:Just remember it stikk only works to los
..and in english that would mean...

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:Just remember it stikk only works to los
..and in english that would mean...

And in english it would mean typing on a cell phone sucks. I was meaning you'd still have to have line of site on them, they'd be easier to spot because of the whole difference in temperature making them contrast with their surroundings but they still wouldn't be visible if they were behind something and such.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:20 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:..and in english that would mean...

And in english it would mean typing on a cell phone sucks. I was meaning you'd still have to have line of site on them, they'd be easier to spot because of the whole difference in temperature making them contrast with their surroundings but they still wouldn't be visible if they were behind something and such.
Ooooh ok. Got it...not that it matters at this point, Ronin has decided to move on his own to deal with that shooter... you saw the post I'm sure. Hopefully OD did as well :P

I take it the home computer is still giving your attitude?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:And in english it would mean typing on a cell phone sucks. I was meaning you'd still have to have line of site on them, they'd be easier to spot because of the whole difference in temperature making them contrast with their surroundings but they still wouldn't be visible if they were behind something and such.
Ooooh ok. Got it...not that it matters at this point, Ronin has decided to move on his own to deal with that shooter... you saw the post I'm sure. Hopefully OD did as well :P

By attitude if you mean deader than the BeeGees than yep.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:40 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Ooooh ok. Got it...not that it matters at this point, Ronin has decided to move on his own to deal with that shooter... you saw the post I'm sure. Hopefully OD did as well :P

Oh that sucks...and I'm guessing it's either past warranty or not insured either.

Oh, and soundtrack update coming very soon indeed. A tweak here and there, plus new surprises. Here's the trick though: is this the official soundtrack as sanctioned by you oh Saintly one? Or whats the story.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:47 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Ooooh ok. Got it...not that it matters at this point, Ronin has decided to move on his own to deal with that shooter... you saw the post I'm sure. Hopefully OD did as well :P

Hey, the BeeGees aren't dead. They're just older and collecting social security checks. Y'know, stayin' alive stayin' alive. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha stayin' Allllliiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeee.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
SaintB wrote:By attitude if you mean deader than the BeeGees than yep.

Hey, the BeeGees aren't dead. They're just older and collecting social security checks. Y'know, stayin' alive stayin' alive. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha stayin' Allllliiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeee.

I award you and internet, you sir have made my morning.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 am

SaintB wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:Hey, the BeeGees aren't dead. They're just older and collecting social security checks. Y'know, stayin' alive stayin' alive. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha stayin' Allllliiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeee.

I award you and internet, you sir have made my morning.
...you know, I DO live in the City where Comiskey is. Do we really need another Disco Demolition Night?

Because I will whip out the "Fluffy" Direwolf variant for that one.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:04 pm

This may be a bit of a bump (mainly because Occupied Deutschland hasn't responded to the IC post yet :p ), but...and I know everyone is SO excited, I have yet ANOTHER soundtrack and score update...plus I checked the old one and half the links don't work anymore.

So. yeah... as I was saying...

BATTLETECH Chronicles of the Gun Specials Squadron
Official Soundtrack

[01]Double Down Under- Crystal Method
[02]No Rest for the Wicked- Saxon
[03]Seconds- U2
[04]Gaucho- Dave Matthews Band
[05]The Mercenary- Iron Maiden
[06]CMND/CTRL- Deftones
[07]Israel's Son- Silverchair
[08]Piranha- The Prodigy
[09]Bring it- Onyx
[10]Metallic Division- Fear Factory
[11]Nowhere to Go- Annihilator
[12]Pts of Athrty- Linkin Park
[13]Ambush- Sepultura
[14]Time is Running Out- Apollo 440
[15]You can’t stop me now- RZA
[16]Iron Piston- FnMRANDY
[17]Song 2- Blur
[18]Left for You- Nonpoint
[19]Rooster- Alice in Chains
[20]Mean Spirits- Silversun Pickups
[21]Vapour- Boom Boom Sattelites
[22]Good Day to Die- Godsmack
[23]Death or Glory- The Clash
[24]Queme tu Carta- Cage9
[25]Plume- Filter
[26]Chicago- Rhymefest
[27]Big Gun- AC/DC
[28]Empire- Hybrid
[29]A Light in the Black- Sabaton
[30]Knights of Cydonia- Muse
Bonus
Knights of Cydonia (instrumental)- Muse
Points of Authority (instrumental)- Linkin Park
CMND/CTRL (instrumental)- Deftones

BATTLETECH Chronicles of the Gun Specials Squadron
Official Score
All songs written and performed by E. S. Posthumus except:
Knights of Cydonia. Written by Muse, Performed by Vitamin String Quartet

Motus Unus: Collectivo
Nara
Manju
Arise
Motus Duo: Certamine
Tikal
Pompei
Varuna
Kuvera
Anumatti
Vishnu
Durga
Motus Tribus: Vistas
Lavanya
Harappa
Cuzco
Estremoz
Motus Quattuor: Triumphantis
Indra
Lepcis Magna
Ulaid
Epilogo
Milites de Cydoniatae
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 pm

I just made some garbage up for the results of the missile salvo. I can edit, so feel free to ask. Just didn't feel right responding to Northern Dom without a place for the results to go at least, even if I put in the 'wrong' results.

Also, soundtrack is B.A.
That's right. It has a Bachelor's of Arts.
I'm General Patton.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Sorry od I forgot to post the results of the attack but I need to check some things to see what kinda lrm and stuff it was I will do that when next I am on a computer

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 pm

SaintB wrote:Sorry od I forgot to post the results of the attack but I need to check some things to see what kinda lrm and stuff it was I will do that when next I am on a computer

Alright, no problem.
I'm General Patton.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 pm

No Metallica? BOOOOOO! I think Creeping Death would really apply here. Kudos for AC/DC tho.

Workin on a post. Just wonderin, what kind of contacts are we having here? Assuming we're still running on passive, what are we going to see?
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:I just made some garbage up for the results of the missile salvo. I can edit, so feel free to ask. Just didn't feel right responding to Northern Dom without a place for the results to go at least, even if I put in the 'wrong' results.

Also, soundtrack is B.A.
That's right. It has a Bachelor's of Arts.
As long as B.A. Didn't involve me getting a mohawk and wearing umpteen gold chains around my neck. That being said, ol' Laurence is a local treasure here in Chicago....literally, if we melted him down the bullion would solve all the state debt problems.

Also trying to pick which track to use for the simulated engagement...

Strykla wrote:No Metallica? BOOOOOO! I think Creeping Death would really apply here. Kudos for AC/DC tho.

Workin on a post. Just wonderin, what kind of contacts are we having here? Assuming we're still running on passive, what are we going to see?
I tried, I really did. But the soundtrack is pretty metal-heavy as is and I added a few more tracks. It should be digestible after all.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
SaintB wrote:Sorry od I forgot to post the results of the attack but I need to check some things to see what kinda lrm and stuff it was I will do that when next I am on a computer

Alright, no problem.

You were shot at by 2 LRM10s so your post is perfectly ok with me.

Strykla wrote:No Metallica? BOOOOOO! I think Creeping Death would really apply here. Kudos for AC/DC tho.

I don't know who is passive and who is active anymore, but for now any scanners are still coming up blank save for a few seconds when a contact showed up on yours and OD's screens and fired a volley, it then retreated back into invisibility.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

SaintB wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:Alright, no problem.

You were shot at by 2 LRM10s so your post is perfectly ok with me.

I don't know who is passive and who is active anymore, but for now any scanners are still coming up blank save for a few seconds when a contact showed up on yours and OD's screens and fired a volley, it then retreated back into invisibility.
Uh, Saint...I probably didn't write as precisely as I should have but Artemus "Flashed" the thermal optics in the forest. Meaning flip on, let it settle, then flip off, to get a direction.

Now he's simply looking through a zoomed reticule for those contacts, no thermal optics.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:You were shot at by 2 LRM10s so your post is perfectly ok with me.

Uh, Saint...I probably didn't write as precisely as I should have but Artemus "Flashed" the thermal optics in the forest. Meaning flip on, let it settle, then flip off, to get a direction.

Now he's simply looking through a zoomed reticule for those contacts, no thermal optics.

Bah, I'll fix it.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Uh, Saint...I probably didn't write as precisely as I should have but Artemus "Flashed" the thermal optics in the forest. Meaning flip on, let it settle, then flip off, to get a direction.

Bah, I'll fix it.
My fault, should have been a bit more clear when writing.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:Bah, I'll fix it.
My fault, should have been a bit more clear when writing.

My head needs to be more clear, I haven't been focusing on what I'm doing recently. Been focusing on who.. I mean what I want to be doing.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:01 pm

SaintB wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:My fault, should have been a bit more clear when writing.

My head needs to be more clear, I haven't been focusing on what I'm doing recently. Been focusing on who.. I mean what I want to be doing.
Oh...um.... I hope the wife is aware of this?

And...um....first mech is a Stalker?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
SaintB wrote:My head needs to be more clear, I haven't been focusing on what I'm doing recently. Been focusing on who.. I mean what I want to be doing.
Oh...um.... I hope the wife is aware of this?

And...um....first mech is a Stalker?

A stalker looks like a blimp with legs, I'm going to let you guess what the first design is because there are a lot of similar ones; unless you go active your sensors will tell you then.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse