NATION

PASSWORD

Relationships

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Mikland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Relationships

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Imagine if you had two rather extreme options:

1. You will find a girl/guy who you absolutely love. You will marry them, have kids with them, and be with them for the rest of your life. But it will be only them that you ever have sex, with-make out with ever again. No other girls/guys like you in that way ever again, so cheating is impossible and divorce means you will be forever alone. Also, after the first few night of marriage, they will only have sex with you once in a blue moon.

2. You become a major playboy/really hot girl. You party all the time and get to sleep with any and all of the hottest girls/guys you want. However, you never really fall so much in love with any of these girls/guys that you marry them. You also have some kind of amazing luck that not only do you not have accidental children, you are also immune to STDs.

Which do you choose?

Personally, I like option 2 better, as I have seen what marriage becomes, and I hate kids.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I would choose the first option. Personal opinion, of course. I prefer to know I will be with a loving partner for the rest of my life than the prospect of having sex with different people.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:50 pm

The first, if they loved me as well. Sex isn't a particular concern of mine.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Ignoring the fact that you have biased the question towards option two...

Neither, because both of them sound absolutly ridiculous.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Neither.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Mikland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Seperates wrote:Ignoring the fact that you have biased the question towards option two...

The fact that they are ridiculously extreme is the point. Just tell me, what you would prefer.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Why does NSG make me feel more and more like I should have taken the blue pill?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Mikland wrote:Imagine if you had two rather extreme options:

1. You will find a girl/guy who you absolutely love. You will marry them, have kids with them, and be with them for the rest of your life. But it will be only them that you ever have sex, with-make out with ever again. No other girls/guys like you in that way ever again, so cheating is impossible and divorce means you will be forever alone. Also, after the first few night of marriage, they will only have sex with you once in a blue moon.

2. You become a major playboy/really hot girl. You party all the time and get to sleep with any and all of the hottest girls/guys you want. However, you never really fall so much in love with any of these girls/guys that you marry them. You also have some kind of amazing luck that not only do you not have accidental children, you are also immune to STDs.

Which do you choose?

Personally, I like option 2 better, as I have seen what marriage becomes, and I hate kids.

Option 1. I can always fap if need be.

Galloism wrote:Why does NSG make me feel more and more like I should have taken the blue pill?

Sigging this. :rofl:
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I choose option one.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Mikland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Galloism wrote:Why does NSG make me feel more and more like I should have taken the blue pill?

Because ith the blue pill, you can ignore the fact that you are living in alternate reality while machines harvest your body heat for energy.

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Option one.

If you're desperate for sex, hire a fucking hooker.
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm living #2 minus the immunity to STD's *scratch scratch*...

#1 sounds much better.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Mikland wrote:
Seperates wrote:Ignoring the fact that you have biased the question towards option two...

The fact that they are ridiculously extreme is the point. Just tell me, what you would prefer.

Again. Niether. I don't want the 'required' marriage, but I do not want to sleep around either.

Were those the only two options, I would choose wandering hemetic celibacy. I would despise human contact because it would be relativly pointless if I could not strive for and achieve a happy medium.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm

San Leggera wrote:Option one.

"It will be only them that you ever have sex [with]." So, that is, you can hire a whore (for whatever), but you can't have sex with them.

Edit: But, as pointed out earlier, you could jack off, so yeah.
Last edited by Abatael on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Mikland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Abatael wrote:
San Leggera wrote:Option one.

"It will be only them that you ever have sex [with]." So, that is, you can hire a whore (for whatever), but you can't have sex with them.

Other people of the opposite sex find you so unattractive that even a a hooker wont sell to you.

Grand Soviet Union
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Soviet Union » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:04 pm

first option.
Map of GSU All of ISSU
embassy program

political compass economical -6.62 social -1.69
Proud Russian!!
Proud Jew!!
I am more of an intellectual Jew than a religious one
Pro LGBT, same sex marriage pro abortion, pro Israel (most of the time...)

funnyquotes:
"Yup. Anyhow, I got to napalm terrorist in Lebanon." - Treko
"I like how Jęk just like "we all need to work together" but Alexi is like "fuck you! You fucking Nazis!"" - Sedikal

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Mikland wrote:
Abatael wrote:

Other people of the opposite sex find you so unattractive that even a a hooker wont sell to you.

So you can have sex with people of the same sex, if you're into that, then.

Also, a poll would be a good option (I'd suggest adding more than 2 or 3 options, though...)
Last edited by Grenartia on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

I'll take option one.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Vazeckta
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazeckta » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I would choose the first option. Personal opinion, of course. I prefer to know I will be with a loving partner for the rest of my life than the prospect of having sex with different people.

This sums it up quite nicely for me.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
I would probably vote with the American Libertarian Party.
I'm a Christian.
Likes:Capitalism, Classical liberalism, religion, state secularism,gay marriage, charity, God
Dislikes:Left-wing economics, statism, authoritarianism, theocracy, state atheism, social security, welfare, UN, DPRK, PRC
Meh:Teetotalism, pro-choice, EU, legalizing drugs
Blazedtown wrote:
Gladia wrote:I hope you two don't plan on procreating.

Why? A family cross burning is a great bonding activity.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

3. You will find a girl/guy who you absolutely love. You will marry them, have kids with them, and be with them for the rest of your life. But it will be only them that you ever have sex, with-make out with ever again. No other girls/guys like you in that way ever again, so cheating is impossible and divorce means you will be forever alone.

Which do you choose?

Number 3...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

2. though 1 when I'm in my 50s and starting to regret the moves I made...
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Mikland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Mikland wrote:

So you can have sex with people of the same sex, if you're into that, then.

All the people around you (aside from your spouse, if your gay. And if your state doesnt allow gay marriage, imagine that hypothetically, it does) seem to be straight.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm

4. You have a devoted and loving but open relationship that doesn't involve marriage contracts or children, thank God.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Mikland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

3. You will find a girl/guy who you absolutely love. You will marry them, have kids with them, and be with them for the rest of your life. But it will be only them that you ever have sex, with-make out with ever again. No other girls/guys like you in that way ever again, so cheating is impossible and divorce means you will be forever alone.

Which do you choose?

Number 3...

CHEATER!

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Mikland wrote:
Abatael wrote:

You honestly didn't really contribute to what I said: You can't have sex with anyone, except your wife.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General