NATION

PASSWORD

What is your plan for the end of the world?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:Party like there's no tomorrow: Drink, do drugs, and have sex. Go out with a bang.

It's almost as if you were just copying what other people were saying :p

Nadkor wrote:Lots of alcohol, lots of drugs, and lots of sex. Accept that it's all going down the shitter and go out with a bang, as it were.

Ha. Well you know what they say about great minds... :P

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
It's almost as if you were just copying what other people were saying :p

Yes...I have one, but you...

I kid, I kid :p
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Bluvil
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluvil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

My plan is to go to The Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over...

Hows that for a slice of fried gold?
"Sola virtus triumphat"

Bluvil
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluvil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm

In all seriousness, I have no idea what I'd do in the instance of a civilisation collapse (as if it actually was the "end of the world" thing that happened, your only plan would be space travel).

I'd be back at home, which is okay, but I'm not in walking distance of any large supermarkets, so I suppose I'd be pretty much fucked.
If I was in my uni house, things could be different, go to my usual building and establish the Republic of BCU, but we'd run out of supplies fast there so the shopping centre on the other side of the uni would be the best bet (students have a rightful claim to it, we're mostly why it's still in business), live off cheap ready meals and McDonalds while farming on the roof.

Also, as I'm currently reading Yhatzee Croshaw's "Jam", I think I'll stock up on plastic bags, just in case...
Last edited by Bluvil on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sola virtus triumphat"

Megaloria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Megaloria » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Find a 1985 Citation and strap armour plating and spikes all over it after converting it to biodiesel.
Here's to the losers, bless them all.

Saint-Thor
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint-Thor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Buy a gun to protect myself from violent Americans who watched too many tv shows about the end of the world where the characters think it's ok to kill people to "survive".

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Nadkor wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:

Yes...I have one, but you...

I kid, I kid :p

Ouch... but considering that sharp tongue of yours, I'm not too surprised :P

Megaloria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Megaloria » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Seriously though, after reading Lucifer's Hammer over the summer, I think the prime choice would be to establish a farming community/stronghold in a defensible location, try to control the population therein, and prepare for winter with an emphasis on homebuilding, greenhouses and alternative fuel stockpiling.
Here's to the losers, bless them all.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Luketopia wrote:Basically, let's say the world ends on December 21st, 2012. Oil is gone, the world is basically tearing itself apart with violence (I know this would never happen, or is not happening, but let's pretend for a second.) What do you have stored in your bunker/basement/home?

As for me, I have a year supply of dehydrated food from Wise Food, and bottled water. Aswell as coca cola. (Who can't get over coca cola, man?) And if coca cola runs out, we have a drink carbonator and flavor mix (cola/grape, etc.) and pretty much, all of this is in a 1960s-era bunker. I also can pretty much bring my computer down aswell so I can roleplay on NS as the world is ending, and invade all the countries and win. or something, anyways. My mother brought all of the stuff. (I'm only 15, but I did the majority of research on stuff.) But anyways, if you need some great survivalist food. Go for Wise Foods. Excellent taste, quick preparation time. And many varieties.

The world isn't ending on the 21st of December.

Everyone knows it really happens on August 29th. When those idiots try to shut down skynet.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Chronic Hypersomnia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Chronic Hypersomnia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Luketopia wrote:Basically, let's say the world ends on December 21st, 2012. Oil is gone, the world is basically tearing itself apart with violence (I know this would never happen, or is not happening, but let's pretend for a second.) What do you have stored in your bunker/basement/home?

Easy. I'll just eat people that I lure into my home shelter.

They wont see it coming.
What is love? Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more..
"society produces the criminals it deserves."

Hallicans
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallicans » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 pm

thats kind of weird

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 pm