NATION

PASSWORD

Firearm Ownership In Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Multiversal Species Alliance
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Firearm Ownership In Your Nation

Postby The Multiversal Species Alliance » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

What's the status of firearm ownership in your nation?
Gun ownership is legal, everyone is armed, as everyone is expected to help defend the Alliance should we ever be attacked. There is no registration, or indeed any prohibitions to firearms enforced by the State.
Last edited by The Multiversal Species Alliance on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In regards to RP,see my factbook:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_ ... l=factbook
My nation absolutely DOES represent my beliefs.
my author avatar: Garious, who's based on the author of this nation

Telegrams welcome.

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Perfectly legal with little (read: no) regulation by the State; the right to bare arms is a fundamental constitutional right that we haven't impeded on because we've rather fostered the idea that the armed citizenry is to deter the foreign invader and the tyrant state equally.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 pm

anyone can own anything they can make themselves. firearms are among the small number of items that may not be bought, sold, mass produced, nor imported in mass quantity.
the are also, in the context of our nation's culture and location in time and space, functionally obsolete.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Ceasario
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceasario » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

We let 'em have any firearm they want. you can see people walking around with snipers or chain guns on a Sunday evening stroll through the park. Of course, you just can't have a criminal record and have to prove you are responsible. ANYONE, ANY AGE, can own one, just be responsible. It's something we'd never take away,
Last edited by Ceasario on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 pm

The right to own weapons is a very cherished right within our nation. Over ninety-five percent of the population own a weapon, with fifteen as the average age for first time ownership. Firearms are a sign of maturity and responsibility, as well as a sign that the individual is more than capable of defending them self. There is literally no regulation of weapons going on in our nation. Weapons are sold like candy in some stores, and not just small arms either. Huge, heavy weapons are a favorite. One in four people (2012 est.) own a minigun! The average individual is more well equipped than our military, though that isn't saying much. Weapons manufacturing and design is a huge industry; people always want more! There is no cap on how many weapons someone can own, so some households will have upwards of several hundred weapons. The national average is 1.5 firearms.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 pm

According to statistics regarding firearm possession and training, approximately 65% of all YellowApplans possess at least one firearm, and 89% of all YellowApplans have received and passed basic firearm certification. Firearm ownership is higher among males than it is among females. By species, YellowApplans of the species Homo sapiens sapiens are the most likely to own a firearm, while those of the species Equus sapiens rinocerotis are the least likely.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Gridea
Envoy

Founded: Jul 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gridea » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:44 am

All citizens above the age of 15 are allowed and actually encouraged to purchase a firearm for personal defense. The only people barred from ownership are criminals guilty of severe crime or the mentally disabled.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 am

Gun ownership, along with military service, are compulsory to all citizens. Furthermore, each citizen's firearm is issued by the military, and a secondary arm issued for carry outside the house.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Demirysis
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Demirysis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am

Compulsory.

Every citizen over 14 must own a firearm, and carry it with them when they're taking a single step out the door.

Also, all households must keep 6 firearms with sufficient ammunition on hand.

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 am

Only restricted to hunting firearms only, unless it is the military or police.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 am

In order to obtain a gun license, you must either
a) Have 18 months of military training under your belt or
b) Bribe federal officials

Of course, thanks to the reintroduction of universal conscription, almost everyone has 18 months military service under their belt. The people who weren't drafted, well, they probably bribed their way out of the draft, so.... option B for them.

All in all, firearms restrictions mean diddly squat in Radiatia. They exist simply to keep the bureaucrats in jobs.
Last edited by Radiatia on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 am

Commonplace, every veteran is allowed to keep their personal weapons and armor upon an honorable discharge from the armed forces , they are also permitted and encouraged to update their weapons and armor as new models become available and to attend conversions courses at their local militia base to keep their skills up to date. Veterans are also allowed both open and concealed carry privileges, many senators and representatives carry loaded firearms in the legislature and veteran status is de-facto requirement to a political career, while not actually being a requirement veterans tend to attract more votes over civilians in the democratic elections for the house, and several questions in the meritocratic senatorial exams are of a military nature which give veterans a small advantage in obtaining a senate seat.

The average armament for a veteran is one pistol, one longarm, and one suit of combat armor. and it is common to see people going to hunting park with a military grade rifle slung over their shoulder and a pistol on their belt.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 am

Except for import and/or export, there are no restrictions whatsoever on firearms ownership in Fatatatutti. A child can buy a gun. The most dangerous criminal in Fatatatutti (who walks the streets scot-free) can buy a gun. You can "borrow" a gun and the most the police will do is ask you to return it. You could hypothetically walk into the Takeapenny Arsenal and buy anything the Army uses. (In fact, the Takeapenny Arsenal doesn't have a storefront but you can buy anythng they make from their website.)

However, there is virtually no demand for firearms in Fatatatutti. If asked if he owns a firearm, the average Fatatatutian will answer, "What for?" It's considered poor sportsmanship to use firearms for hunting; a spear makes a fairer fight. And there has never been a gun-related murder recorded in Fatatatutti - which may be a reflection on the record-keeping system, but what else do we have to go on? In a population of almost thirteen billion, the number of civilian-owned firearms is estimated at between "several hundred" and "several thousand".

Phocidaea
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 am

Legal weapons are pistols up to 9mm, bolt-action/semi-automatic rifles with magazines of less than ten bullets, and non-semi-automatic/pump-action shotguns. All firearm purchases are recorded, and the buyer must have cleared training and testing beforehand.

Only a few farmers and otherwise rural individuals have shotguns; rifles are found around the country, but are uncommon; semi-automatic pistols, however, are common, and many [sub]urbanites have one at home just in case.
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:33 am

§ 7. Vecerian Gun law (VGL)
Allowed Firearms for Vecerian Civilians at the age of 18+:
Airguns

Allowed 'Firearms' for Vecerian Civilians ate the age of 12+:
Softguns

In Veceria, civilians have to make a weapon- license exam (WLE) if they want to own a weapon. Only civilians without any mental- health problems are allowed to do the WLE.

Allowed Firearms for Civilians with a positive WLE:
Pistols (no fully automatic pistols)
Rifles (no fully automatic rifles, calibres up to .40 or up to 10mm)

Members of the Vecerian National Army, City Watch, Border Control, Special Forces, other Military Organisations under the control of the Vecerian Government, and the Vecerian Police are allowed to buy and operate every gun issued by the Vecerian government as military available.

Guns do not have to be concealed.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Ebenum Reipublicae
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebenum Reipublicae » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am

Weapons in the empire is allowed, every household has at least one. You can carry one in public, but it must be concealed. Here are the details:
Ebenum Reipublicae Firearm Act
Any citizen in the empire is allowed to a firearm. Anyone who uses it to murder, to steal, or to pillage will be executed with extreme prejudice. Firearms in public must be only used for self-defence. Anyone who doesn't use it for self-defence will be sent to court, if the person who was shot was not killed. Hunting rifles and many other types of weaponry are allowed in the empire as well. However, silencers are outlawed if you are not a part of the military or police force

~ Emperor George Fyrn XI, 1785

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 am

Illegal due to the frequent riots prior to the ban.

Cevalo Nacio
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cevalo Nacio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 am

gun laws in Cevalo nacio are identical to those of Texas

Potlimitomaha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Potlimitomaha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

What's the status of firearm ownership in your nation?-Mild gun control. Assault weapons are banned. Handguns are popular.
Love- USA, Israel, Democratic Republicanism, Zionists(all of them),Kurdistan,Obamacare, Unions,Marriage Equality, Med Marijuana, Pro-choice, Feminists, Vegans (more for me), passive animals, 2nd amendment,World Peace.
Hate-Iran, Nazis, Anti-semitism, Islamophobia, Homophobia, all other Hate, Social conservatism, Absolute Monarchism, Uneccesary foreign intervention, rec marijuana, Intactivism, radical Feminists,Animal cruelty, PETA, North Korea.U.N.
TG me if you think of anything else.
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR - Put this in your signature if you agree.

☻/ This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so he can rule earth.
/ \

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Incorporated States of the Antarctic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am

Why is everyone making them legal or compulsory.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 am

Ownership is based on military service; one is permitted to own any semi-automatic weapon in addition to their one fully automatic Reserve Service Rifle upon honorable discharge from the Cordian Military. Failure to show responsibility and general sanity ensures that one is kicked out of the military, and thus can never own firearms. In this manner, ownership is free and open to those who show they can handle the responsibility of owning a firearm. Additional Automatic Weapon licenses can be acquired if one is a collector, film or television armorer or war reenactor, but for the most part automatic firearm ownership is restricted to the Reserve Service Rifle (currently an ART-84A2 "Badger") issued upon discharge for use in case of homeland invasion severe enough to warrant calling up the Reserves.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic wrote:Why is everyone making them legal or compulsory.

Because outlawing them entirely is stupid. What about sport shooters, hunters, collectors or action film makers? As to compulsory, I'd only say that's justified in the case of a Swiss-style system.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Ibwa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Firearm ownership in your nation

Postby Ibwa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am

mandatory
Durant's moves: 1. Bite 2. dig 3. sand attack 4. iron defence
Voltorb's: tackle, charge, thundershock
Deinoes: Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy, Bite
Misdreavus: psywave, spite, astonish, confuse ray
Koffing: smoke screen, sludge, tackle

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am

The Incorporated States of the Antarctic wrote:Why is everyone making them legal or compulsory.

I can't begin to possibly imagine why firearms would be legal in my nation...Truly; I can't begin to fathom it.

As to compulsory; with Nua Corda on this one, if you're not Switzerland, it shouldn't be happening.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 am

Amerikians wrote:

I can't begin to possibly imagine why firearms would be legal in my nation...Truly; I can't begin to fathom it.

As to compulsory; with Nua Corda on this one, if you're not Switzerland, it shouldn't be happening.

Though I'm quite fond of the Swiss system actually, and use a modified version for my Reserves.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information