NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: The Future of II

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Come on. Now this thread is starting to become a classical example of E-Drama rather than a reasonable discussion. Is NS that relevant to your lives? Will the world end because of it? There are a few other places if you search around, even RP boards that enforce very strict rules including minimum of lines per post. I know one in my native language, for reals. I even know a place where I can post a [img] with a NSFW shock picture to an annoying n00b trying to ruin a thread I started with no consequences and yet I'm here.

Give us liberty to fill poor threads with something not as nasty as that, like "THIS THREAD SUCKS" and "EPIC FAIL" macros and we'll fix II in no time. Through a "3" Rule: First fail, we point to stickies and explain that it's not supposed to go that way, second fail, we once again insist the n00b shouldn't do it like that. Third fail: Spam the n00b thread with LOL macros until they either learn or get out of NS.

Again, a hopeless request, but it could work, right? Just never going to happen but nothing being proposed here is anyway.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Amazonian Beasts wrote:
Oh no doubt. I blew in early '06 when me and Pyth tried to fight Kraven. Needless to say we lost.

Ah, those were the days. [/old fart reminisce]
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

New Greston
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greston » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Santheres wrote:Greston, I am not crying. I'm not angry. The majority of my post was not about insults. Other people have responded to you, as well. Perhaps you would like to reply to them?

You're deliberately making shit up. When was the last time you actually RPed on II? Last I checked, you can't even be asked to post in the Tynemouth thread, which kind of sucks considering I'm ICly risking my political alliances by siding with you.

And of course, now you're getting hostile with me because I dare to disagree. And that's while you don't actually reply to any of my points except the one where I said "we didn't all suck at the beginning as badly as this, or as you."

Um, I responded to all of your points, and seeing as there were only one, it was relatively easy. Who else has responded to me? Amazonian Beasts? Thrashia answered him. You are claiming I am making shit up, I haven't made one thing here up, you just can't respond to me with a legitimate arguement.

Then you pull out irrellevant topics, as to an RP I want to have nothing to do with, including a majority of the people in it. How is that relevant to any of my topics in the slightest? Please, do tell. This arguement is useless, you respond to none of my points then slam bullshit claims on me.
The Imperial Republic of GrestonWestminister Defensive Bloc | Grestonian Commonwealth
Common Economic Protocals Treaty | Athican East Tyrrhenian Pact

Chronosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Chronosia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Leistung wrote:If I may bring the thread back around to the original point...

Yes, we were all once pretty bad RPers. The point made in the original post, if anyone has still bothered to read it, is that we all got better because we were surrounded by decent/good/great threads. Now, with the vast drop in quality, new players are surrounded by decent/bad/terrible threads.

I think the point that Tel is trying to put across is that it doesn't matter what kind of threads you're surrounded by, so long as you're surrounded by good players who're willing to help. Which was the whole point of NST. I'm kinda bummed that no one every looked me up and said "Chron, I need your help."

I'd have gently taken them to one side and said "<Newblet>, I'm going to teach you how to live".

Malachor III wrote:Telros nothing I was suggesting interfered with free form rp at all, yet that was one of the counter arguments provided against it. It doesn't even apply, you might want to read through what I had been saying etc before making an ass of yourself again.

One or two corrections there, sport. Quite nice how you've addressed practically nothing in the insightful that Tel dished out and instead replied with minimum effort and moderate bile.

If you can't do this civil, then I doubt you've any hope of making people listen to you, let alone redeeeming II champ.
Last edited by Chronosia on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chronosia: Be patient, I'm old and crazy

"But the one guy who really scares the shit out of me, is Chronosia. That guy is so into Warhammer 40k Chaos, that I have no doubts that he could somehow summon a Bloodthirster of Khorne to appear through your computer screen. Seriously."- Thrashia"
"Banhammer is simply the galaxy's hygiene"

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Malachor III wrote:Telros nothing I was suggesting interfered with free form rp at all, yet that was the counter argument provided against it. It doesn't even apply, you might want to read through what I had been saying etc before making an ass of yourself again.

What I was addressing, and I quote "So you're already cast in with the ignorant lot that just shout "FREE FORM RP" until the convo dies."

That was a general statement, applying to all of us who say no tot his. The entire post wasn't at you; just that part. The massive part of the post was in response to this thread.

So, no, I didn't make an ass of myself at all. I have no reason to write that much just to chastise a person.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Chronosia wrote:
Leistung wrote:If I may bring the thread back around to the original point...

Yes, we were all once pretty bad RPers. The point made in the original post, if anyone has still bothered to read it, is that we all got better because we were surrounded by decent/good/great threads. Now, with the vast drop in quality, new players are surrounded by decent/bad/terrible threads.

I think the point that Tel is trying to put across is that it doesn't matter what kind of threads you're surrounded by, so long as you're surrounded by good players who're willing to help. Which was the whole point of NST. I'm kinda bummed that no one every looked me up and said "Chron, I need your help."

I'd have gently taken them to one side and said "<Newblet>, I'm going to teach you how to live".

"And that children is how Chaos monkeys are spawned!" (I couldn't stop myself...)
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 pm

New Greston wrote:
Santheres wrote:Greston, I am not crying. I'm not angry. The majority of my post was not about insults. Other people have responded to you, as well. Perhaps you would like to reply to them?

You're deliberately making shit up. When was the last time you actually RPed on II? Last I checked, you can't even be asked to post in the Tynemouth thread, which kind of sucks considering I'm ICly risking my political alliances by siding with you.

And of course, now you're getting hostile with me because I dare to disagree. And that's while you don't actually reply to any of my points except the one where I said "we didn't all suck at the beginning as badly as this, or as you."

Um, I responded to all of your points, and seeing as there were only one, it was relatively easy. Who else has responded to me? Amazonian Beasts? Thrashia answered him. You are claiming I am making shit up, I haven't made one thing here up, you just can't respond to me with a legitimate arguement.

Then you pull out irrellevant topics, as to an RP I want to have nothing to do with, including a majority of the people in it. How is that relevant to any of my topics in the slightest? Please, do tell. This arguement is useless, you respond to none of my points then slam bullshit claims on me.

Try responding to this one, the one that, you know, you skipped entirely

"No one said anything about Jane Austen or Hemingway. No one said anything about writing novels. A lot of the people signing the petition do RP on the II regularly. We're not country-club elitists. Hell, any person can RP on the Tarq boards if they wanted to. Last I checked, I can't even see the majority of the Tyr boards. You're more country-club than we are."

You didn't say anything about that. How about you give it a go?

And RP comment has to do with you being on your own ivory tower where you apparently see yourself as some sort of equal opportunist, when you don't give almost anyone, including most of II the time of day. You don't want to RP with anyone in the Tynemouth RP? Why not? What the hell did I ever do to you? Do you have any idea how much I have defended you? Probably not, no. Maybe if you did, you would actually sit down and not lie to me about my own posts, ignoring an entire paragraph which was a bigger point than the "only one" you claimed I had.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

No endorse
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby No endorse » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey. September 04 speaking here.

Almost everyone who's signed this is someone who doesn't remember what it used to be like. WHAT DO 08s KNOW OF PAIN? WE HAVE SUNG SONGS OF LAMENT AGAINST THE LIKES OF SEAQUEST AND OTHERS SINCE BEFORE YOUR ANCESTORS CRAWLED ON THEIR BELLIES FROM THE WARM SOUP OF NSOBLIVION(TM)!

*Ahem*

Anyways, I come on, read a little, sometimes post, and go inactive for a while. I don't see anything I haven't seen before, and nothing that I won't see again. Thankfully, some things have died, to never return. (Shoobans, for example) But, like everything, II goes in cycles.

And if you don't like it, well, I lay the blame DIRECTLY at the feet of people like Liestung. This is a public forum.If you want to have a good RP, then find a good RPer and post it.
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:We had better trolls back in the day. None of this "I DEKLARZ WUR" stuff. Our trolls could troll you with a fifteen page (in MSword) document. And you couldn't fault their spelling because in-browser spellcheck didn't exist back then.

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Santheres wrote:
New Greston wrote:

"No one said anything about Jane Austen or Hemingway. No one said anything about writing novels. A lot of the people signing the petition do RP on the II regularly. We're not country-club elitists. Hell, any person can RP on the Tarq boards if they wanted to. Last I checked, I can't even see the majority of the Tyr boards. You're more country-club than we are."

And RP comment has to do with you being on your own ivory tower where you apparently see yourself as some sort of equal opportunist, when you don't give almost anyone, including most of II the time of day. You don't want to RP with anyone in the Tynemouth RP? Why not? What the hell did I ever do to you? Do you have any idea how much I have defended you? Probably not, no. Maybe if you did, you would actually sit down and not lie to me about my own posts, ignoring an entire paragraph which was a bigger point than the "only one" you claimed I had.

For someone appearing to try to be civil, non-insulting, and actually debating, you are doing a horrible job at it. The mockery in that post was so overwhelming, I could cut it out of the air and make cookies with it.

Reijvajik
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reijvajik » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:25 pm

For someone appearing to try to be civil, non-insulting, and actually debating, you are doing a horrible job at it. The mockery in that post was so overwhelming, I could cut it out of the air and make cookies with it.

What flavour?
The Grand World Order wrote:NSD has perhaps the largest case of unwarranted self importance NS has ever seen.

The Greater Republic of Reijvajik.
Where the lambs are friendly and people frolick freely in the lush, green grass.

Chronosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chronosia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:27 pm

No endorse wrote:Hey. September 04 speaking here.

Almost everyone who's signed this is someone who doesn't remember what it used to be like. WHAT DO 08s KNOW OF PAIN? WE HAVE SUNG SONGS OF LAMENT AGAINST THE LIKES OF SEAQUEST AND OTHERS SINCE BEFORE YOUR ANCESTORS CRAWLED ON THEIR BELLIES FROM THE WARM SOUP OF NSOBLIVION(TM)!

*Ahem*

Anyways, I come on, read a little, sometimes post, and go inactive for a while. I don't see anything I haven't seen before, and nothing that I won't see again. Thankfully, some things have died, to never return. (Shoobans, for example) But, like everything, II goes in cycles.

And if you don't like it, well, I lay the blame DIRECTLY at the feet of people like Liestung. This is a public forum.If you want to have a good RP, then find a good RPer and post it.

OH GODS I HATE YOU I HAD ONLY JUST CLEANSED SEAQUEST FROM MY MINDHOLE
Chronosia: Be patient, I'm old and crazy

"But the one guy who really scares the shit out of me, is Chronosia. That guy is so into Warhammer 40k Chaos, that I have no doubts that he could somehow summon a Bloodthirster of Khorne to appear through your computer screen. Seriously."- Thrashia"
"Banhammer is simply the galaxy's hygiene"

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Reijvajik wrote:

What flavour?

Sarcastic Mint

Reijvajik
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reijvajik » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Telros wrote:
Reijvajik wrote:

What flavour?

Sarcastic Mint

Oh, not chocolate chip? Darn, those are my favourite.
The Grand World Order wrote:NSD has perhaps the largest case of unwarranted self importance NS has ever seen.

The Greater Republic of Reijvajik.
Where the lambs are friendly and people frolick freely in the lush, green grass.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Chronosia wrote:

*Ahem*

OH GODS I HATE YOU I HAD ONLY JUST CLEANSED SEAQUEST FROM MY MINDHOLE

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I can't sign this there's still more we can do I think. I know the n00bery has reached insane proportions and they have migrated into Earth II as well, where I hope they will either improve or simply not have their claims validated. I personally want to see no moderation of roleplaying as this is a dangerous endeavor to begin upon. Regulation of our roleplaying cannot simply be just in select few cases but will undoubtedly and inevitably branch out into veteran players as well and I don't want to be told what I can and cannot write in my roleplays. While I feel your frustration, all of you, I cannot support.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Do I have no right to be offended when someone blatantly lies to me about what I have said?
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Offended? Yes.

But when you made a point a couple posts ago berating someone for being insulting and such, it does not bear in good taste to do the very same thing back.

Now, I've been trying to find what he lied about in the dialogue between you two. What is the source of the offense he apparently hit you with?

New Greston
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greston » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Santheres wrote:
New Greston wrote:

Um, I answer that paragraph, maybe minus the Tyr comment, but excuse me. May I suggest you read all of my post next time.

Yes, Tyr has a closed forum. Why? On multiple occasions people have used it to troll our members, and in a few unpleasant cases spam gay porn. I didn't know it was a sin to lock or regional boards, everything but the RPing stuff, mind you, to stop metagaming and trolling. Is that a good enough answer?

And I wasn't aware that I am on an ivory tower, place looks crappier on the inside. I guess it's such a problem to have a RL to attend to. But yea, I guess you may over look my RPs with Tyr, my current RP with RBI, my news thread, my thread with Blackhelm Confederacy, my thread with Sierra Apathia. No, that doesn't count. Does it? And you will notice I said most when talking about the Tynemouth RP. I didn't want to go into it, but I guess I have to to prove a point. I'm sorry if I have a problem RPing with the same people that vandalise my WikiState pages, insult, troll me, and go on about how fucking stupid I am behind my back. So yes, I don't know about what you've done to defend me, pardon me. I honestly don't care. I've been trying to stop associating myself with those people, staying with people I can trust, and honest people.

So if I see better opportunities and a better time with noobs and Tyr, so be it. Much better than what I get from most of this thread's signees.
The Imperial Republic of GrestonWestminister Defensive Bloc | Grestonian Commonwealth
Common Economic Protocals Treaty | Athican East Tyrrhenian Pact

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:32 pm

*Ahem*

Ah, the age of Seaquest. And Xer0x. And...uh, who was that guy? The Brazilian dude. Damned if I remember his name.

We had better trolls back in the day. None of this "I DEKLARZ WUR" stuff. Our trolls could troll you with a fifteen page (in MSword) document. And you couldn't fault their spelling because in-browser spellcheck didn't exist back then.

And our nukes were bigger! And we launched them more often! And we did it POLITELY!

*Waves a walking stick at the young'uns*

I have to agree. The real problem is the elitist attitude certain people take towards ALL newbies. And their apparent inability to distinguish between trolls and newbies.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:35 pm

And this is another reason why II is in its current state of affairs. People can't do something as simple as have a discussion without it blowing up into an argument.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Automagfreek wrote:And this is another reason why II is in its current state of affairs. People can't do something as simple as have a discussion without it blowing up into an argument.

This is The Internet. What do you expect? It's worse on NSG.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Automagfreek wrote:And this is another reason why II is in its current state of affairs. People can't do something as simple as have a discussion without it blowing up into an argument.

You know, I don't agree with you often, but I do now. And I'm sorry for having done it, myself. Arguments don't get anywhere, especially since neither side will ever back down or ever admit that the other may have something valid to what they say. So, I'm done. That's it.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:41 pm

And what exactly are we arguing about? Let's face it people, this here is a game. Our egos and sense of self-being should not be at stake here, and they aren't. I think this thread is nearing it's close, which is good because it will stop anything from turning into a flame war, but also sad because it shows that we can't have a healthy debate on the recent events of II without sinking to pulling pot shots at one another. So let's step back for a moment, breathe deep, and then go back to beating nooblets like the baby seals that they are. Shall we?

No endorse
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby No endorse » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:44 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:We had better trolls back in the day. None of this "I DEKLARZ WUR" stuff. Our trolls could troll you with a fifteen page (in MSword) document. And you couldn't fault their spelling because in-browser spellcheck didn't exist back then.

Siggd.

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Santheres wrote:

You know, I don't agree with you often, but I do now. And I'm sorry for having done it, myself. Arguments don't get anywhere, especially since neither side will ever back down or ever admit that the other may have something valid to what they say. So, I'm done. That's it.

Very true. I am sorry for continuing it. Continue with the debate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents