NATION

PASSWORD

Everything that has existed lingers in the Eternity...of NSG

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Everything that has existed lingers in the Eternity...of NSG

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:

There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:

• Three strikes, you're out - end of. 1 day ban for first infraction in any chat thread. 3 day for the next. 7 day for the next. Deletion on the 4th. Why? Because these kinds of threads tend to fly heavy and fast, and it is all too easy to let yourself get caught up in the spirit of things, step out of line, and it tends to snowball like mad. We can’t have that. Players with already colorful histories are encouraged to tread even more carefully, as stepping out of line here will only add to that, and prior warnings can and will be taken into account when considering the three strikes notation above.

• There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, I have links in my sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not picspam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.

• Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.

• These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.

• Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.

• No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. There is one for F7, NSG, and Gameplay, and for now, that's all that will be running. Please do not go out and make your own. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. I hate drowning.

• Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let me know – I’ll edit it in to better suit the locals.

So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic. Hope you can enjoy, folks!

Previous Incarnations:

Part 1 -- Part 2 -- Part 3 -- Part 4 -- Part 5 -- Part 6 -- Part 7 -- Part 8 -- Part 9 -- Part 10
Part 11 -- Part 12 -- Part 13 -- Part 14 -- Part 15 -- Part 16 -- Part 17 -- Part 18 -- Part 19
Part 20 -- Part 21 -- Part 22 -- Part 23 -- Part 24 -- Part 25 -- Part 26 -- Part 27 -- Part 28
Part 29 -- Part 30 -- Part 31 -- Part 32

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Many Bothans died for this thread.

To the Jew First.
Last edited by Menassa on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

First post :D

Edit: F**K THIS SHIT! I NEVER GET FIRST POST. GOD DAMN IT. GOD I HATELOVE YOU PEOPLE, F**K. :p
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

New thread

Damn you all
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

And, we're back.
Very soft
Song

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey, a new one.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Hai Nathi!

I was the first and last poster of the last incarnation, but I am glad to say I am not first this time. *nod*
Last edited by Individuality-ness on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Eh *stumbles in*
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Torisakia wrote:First post :D

Wroang.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm

aaaaaand g'night folks. :P

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Freelanderness wrote:Eh *stumbles in*

*catches* Evening Kitty dear.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:aaaaaand g'night folks. :P

Good night Nathi! :hug:

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:

Need a bucket?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Well looks like my work here is done..... I have Seder tomorrow anyway.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Katyuscha wrote:And, we're back.

I read this as, "and, we're black."
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:

I caught mahself an Indigo *incoherent muttering*

:lol: :hug:
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

But......but..... I'm white.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Like a reverse Michael Jackson.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Does anyone here know where I can find quality revolutionary war uniforms for sale?
Very soft
Song

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

We probably are in another dimension...
Very soft
Song

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Menassa wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I read this as, "and, we're black."

If we can't go back once we're black and we all originated from Africa...
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Is everyone having a pleasant day?~
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Norstal wrote:
Menassa wrote:But......but..... I'm white.

If we can't go back once we're black and we all originated from Africa...

Please..... I'm from Ur....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:*catches* Evening Kitty dear.

Need a bucket?

I doubt it.

Freelanderness wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:*catches* Evening Kitty dear.

I caught mahself an Indigo *incoherent muttering*

:lol: :hug:

:hug: How was your meeting with Melly, Kitty?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Menassa wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I read this as, "and, we're black."

Love how you're the only one denying it. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives