NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Empire of Haydn Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Haydn
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Imperial Empire of Haydn Factbook

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 am

Imperial Empire of Haydn

Contents

History
Geography
Economy
Military
Culture & People
Flags, coat of arms' and anthems
The Emperors and Empress'

History: 101 AD - 176 AD Roman Conquest and Civilization

Throughout the last 400 years, the Romans were colonizing all known land on Earth. From Europe to Africa to Turkey. In 101 AD, the Roman emperor sent it's navy on a route. A route called circa Africa (around Africa). A fleet of 25 light galleys loaded with troops and explorers set off from Italy the next day. It was captained by Octavius Falccus, a 34 year-old who's been sailing when he was but a 8 year-old with his uncle. The voyage took around 7 months. In 102 AD, they discovered some land. They named the island, Haydania. The Roman settlers claimed this land in the name of their Emperor. They began building villages, farms and wells along the southern coast. What they didn't know, was that the Caucasian natives of this island, were watching them.

From when the settlers arrived in 102 AD, to around 118 AD, they had no idea that Haydanian natives were watching. Between these 16 years, the Roman settlers had more numbers than all the natives. When the settlers discovered there was natives watching them, they fought them. The Romans took over native villages and claimed them for themselves. In 119 AD, the natives rebelled. This war will secure a nation. A nation called Haydn.

As the war between the Roman and natives began, the native chief ordered the natives to be split into 6 different tribes (see below on map). The natives were armed with spears, bows and makeshift swords. After 2 years of bloody fighting, the Romans were pushed out of Haydania. Octavius Falccus and the remaining Romans were burned alive by the natives. But, the tribes began fighting each other a few months after the Romans were pushed out. Each tribe thought they lost more men than the other tribes. They all formed their own territory, which are Southern Haydn, Central Province, Western Haydn, Northern Haydn and Eastern Haydn. In 123 AD, a 21 year-old British descendant, called Haydn Williams went to each of these territories and made peace with each tribe and united them into one country. Haydn.

Haydn Williams taught the people of Haydn the English language. Within a few years, almost every man, woman and child could speak English. In the centre of Central Province a city was built there. Haydnberg. Now the capital of the country, the people also built a castle there. They made Haydn Williams: Emperor Haydn I.

Villages, towns and cities were built over the years. Each of the Northern, Western, Southern and Eastern sides of Haydn were given a capital. Haydnberg though, is the capital of the entire country. The Haydanian people abandoned their tribal ways and became civilized. The land of Haydn, was now a proud nation.

Last edited by Haydn on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
Allandium wrote:Another war then Haydn? I'll help you every step of the way.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

History: 176 - 250 A Growing Nation

The nation of Haydn was starting to flourish. Emperor Haydn I, at this time though, was around 74 years old, (miles) above the age someone was expected to die. However, he written a 4 volume book series, known as Leges Imperial Empire de Haydn. Each book is 500 pages long and contains each law of Haydn. The Haydanian Constitution is a one sheet of paper that is an abridged Leges Imperial Empire de Haydn. In the next months, Haydn grew richer and richer over each year. The population was increasing by the 1000s. In 179, Emperor Haydn I passed away and the nation was in mourning. Over 100,000 Haydanians went to his funeral near the Palace of the Emperor (home of the Emperor/Empress) in Haydnberg. The day following Haydn I's funeral, his son, Pelagius, was appointed Emperor of Haydn. A crown had been made for Pelagius' smelted from gold ingots and jewels from Haydn's finest mines.

Emperor Pelagius I's coronation was on 7th August 180 AD. In 189 AD, Pelagius I was bribed by a group of people who called themselves 'The Elder Imperial Haydanian Council'. This council attempts to restrict the Emperor making decisions they disagree with. However, this council loses power over the coming years. In 190 AD, Emperor Pelagius I sent out explorers to see if there was any land near Haydn that he could use for more farms, mines etc. When they reported back to Pelagius, Haydn was almost surrounded by islands. The year after that, Pelagius died. The nation didn't shed as much tears as when Haydn I died. Pelagius' wife, Alessia, became the first empress of Haydn. Her coronation in 192 AD cost alot of money however. She built castles in each of Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern sides of Haydn. The biggest one was the Palace of the Dragon, in Dawnhold, the capital of Eastern Haydn. Empress Alessia I also began building the army and navy with billions of Haydnmarks flowing in every week.

'I am exhausted. I'm just waiting for it to happen. Baurus will make a great emperor, I just know it. The things I have experienced in my reign of Haydn has been phenomenal. It's only a matter of time before I see him again'.
Empress Alessia I's Diary, last entry

Empress Alessia I died as of lung cancer in 196 AD. Haydn mourning another ruler for the third time. Alessia I's and Pelagius I's son, Baurus, became Emperor at 43, just below the average age of death at the time in Haydn. Emperor Baurus I was the first Haydanian emperor to be at war with another nation. The nation of Tusjab on a nearby island began attacking the trading ships from the nearby islands that were travelling to Haydn full of goods. One of the ships that was sunk had goods in the hold worth around 1,900,000 Haydnmarks. The war was completely fought at sea, with Haydn winning the war with a pyrrhic victory, losing 23 ships. But the Tusjabs lost 34 ships. The war ended with a peace treaty in 203 AD.

Emperor Baurus I knew that the cannons on his navy's ships did not have quality needed to fight another fleet without losing a ship. Baurus I invested almost completely in iron mines and the navy after the Tusjab War, building iron cannons to have on ships. These iron cannons were tested on different types of wood that ships could be made from. The iron cannonball's interior was sulphur, gunpowder, and iron pellets. These cannonballs could destroy a ship and kill it's crew, but only at a short range. Another idea for an Haydanian ship's cannon to fire was a chain ball. These were two cannonballs attached to each other by a chain. These weren't effective against a ships hull, but they were against a ship's masts. Without masts, a ship cannot move, making it a sitting target. These also entered service.

Baurus I married but his wife passed 2 years after marriage. Baurus I died in 250 AD with his son being crowned emperor. Emperor Haydn II was but 18 years old when he became emperor. He was one of Haydn's longest serving emperors of all time.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

History: Assassination 251 - 313

Emperor Haydn II began his reign in 251 AD, after his coronation. He married Catherine Saintson in 268 AD and had 2 children: Pelagius and Louis. Trading became one of Haydn's cultural way of life under Haydn II, because alot of Haydnmarks were made off trade income. The navy was very powerful due to the amount of money pouring in from the population and trading and from the investments made by Emperor Baurus I. In 285 AD however, the army was being invested heavily into as well, with swords, bows and cannons being manufactured. Mines were dotted all around Haydn and her islands, there were gold mines, iron mines, copper mines and even diamond mines. These were not as successful as the other mines however though.

Haydn II's wife died in 304 AD, and Haydn II followed in 307 AD, reigning for 56 years. Louis died in the winter of 308 AD, therefore having his younger brother, Pelagius, to be Emperor at the age of 27. His coronation was sometime in 310 AD, and he was the first Haydanian emperor to be painted.

His reign only lasted 3 years though, as he was the first Haydanian emperor to be assassinated. Records show that some kind of cult, know as the 'Mythic Sun' assassinated Pelagius II as he was fleeing from the assassins with the Emperor's guard, the Order of Haydn. According to an Order of Haydn guard's diary who was guarding Pelagius II at the time of his assassination it said:

'He came out of nowhere. The Captain told me to wait with His Imperial Majesty so I did. I was watching the gate; the only place they could attack His Imperial Majesty. Well, I thought that was the only way. I turned towards His Imperial Majesty, and behind him an assassin dropped behind him and cut him down with a dagger. I ran towards the assassin and decapitated that scum's head from his body. I looked at the ceiling to see a hole in it where he dropped down. If only His Imperial Majesty was standing behind me...'
Unknown Order of Haydn Guard's diary

The 'hole' where the assassin dropped down is still visible today in the Haydnberg sewers beneath the Imperial Tower. The hole was originally meant as an air vent for the builders building the sewers sometime in Emperor Haydn I's reign.

Throughout the many different emperors and empress' of Haydn between 251 and 1015 there is 2 emperors that are the most studied Haydanians of all time.
Last edited by Haydn on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm

History: Not liked and Revolution 1001-1019

Crowned in 1001, Emperor Baurus II was a very unpopular emperor. Unpopular due to never investing the people's tax money into the nation, but keeping it for himself by hosting parties and banquets. In 1010, by an unknown person and reason, Baurus II was poisoned at a banquet in the Palace of the Emperor. The chef was executed and anyone who was a tiny bit involved with the food in this banquet was also executed. Baurus II's son, Haydn III was crowned in 1011.

Emperor Haydn III is the most hated emperor/ruler the Imperial Empire of Haydn has had. From 1012-1014, he starting to turn Haydn's government to a corrupt, fascist monarchy. In April 1015, Emperor Haydn III began his own religion and made it national. It was known as 'Sokakism'. Breaking away from Catholicism angered the Haydanian people and starting a new that makes no sense angered them even more. What is known as 'Bloody May', in May 1015, Emperor Haydn III had 23,000 Haydanian Catholics executed at the chopping block in a single month. Haydn III also changed the national flag to a white, red and green bicolour. Happiness with the government seriously decreased in Eastern Haydn.

Protests in Dawnhold in front of the Palace of the Dragon became common. After a few weeks, when they realized Haydn III will do nothing about it, these protests got violent. Stones were thrown at the guards on the walls and at the Palace's windows. In July 1015, Haydn III ordered the wall guards to fire upon these protesters, and they did. The guards had killed 50 people. The Haydanian Revolution had begun.

The revolutionaries made makeshift weapons from unused iron, wood and string. They bashed down the gates of the Palace of the Dragon and made their way through it, killing anyone who wasn't a revolutionary. In one of the towers in the Palace was a library. A library full of Sokakism bibles. The revolutionaries burned these books, threw them into the nearby sea, basically did everything that was bad to a book.

After the Storming of the Palace of the Dragon, Eastern Haydn was the revolutionary hub. In Haydnberg, Haydn III had forts built on each pathway leading into Haydnberg. A revolutionary army was sent to Northern Haydn to capture it's capital: Chisholm. The plan worked and Northern Haydn was a superb region to have. Since some winters in Haydn are fierce, Northern Haydn has a monopoly of Haydn's fur. Without fur, the government troops will have no warm clothing in the winter. And in December 1015 that very thing happened. Many government troops died of hypothermia and others of starvation (due to no crops able to grow in winter).

In February of 1016, a nearby nation of Strustria had a monarch called Jonathan II. He liked the idea of monarchies and seeing a nation nearby that might become a republic would endanger his position. Strustria's ally, Quenssia, signed the Declaration of Conitz. Which tried to return Emperor Haydn III to the throne, and further anger the revolutionaries in Haydn.

From 1016-1018, both sides went quiet. The fact was, both sides were gearing up. One for an assault (revolutionaries) and one for defence (government). In December 1018 revolutionary cannons were striking Haydnberg and the forts. Many were killed on this. it is down as the 'Mass Bombardment of Haydnberg'. Emperor Haydn III moved south to to be evacuated via ship in the docks in Southern Haydn. However, he was intercepted by an revolutionary army and captured. In Haydn during the early 11th Century commoners and nobles had been put to death using different methods, but that's not of course going to work in an age of enlightenment. The thinking went that capital punishment should be egalitarian and rationalist. So everyone should have the same death, and it should be, humane. Because rationally the revolutionaries didn't want to hurt criminals, they just wanted to kill them. Which is precisely what to Emperor Haydn III in January of 1019. Which made it very difficult for Quenssia and Strustria of returning him to the throne.

From January 1019 - March 1019, the revolutionaries stormed and took Haydnberg, ending the Haydanian Revolution. But there was still a problem, there was no emperor. The leader of the revolutionaries, Haydn Mjor, was crowned as Emperor Haydn IV and began the Mjor dynasty. People were very surprised and shocked that we didn't return the true Williams dynasty (as he was related to Emperor Haydn I). What happens in the following years will change Haydn forever.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 am

History: The First Empire 1019-1050

The Haydanian people began rebuilding the nation after the Revolution. Haydnberg was almost completely in ruins after the Mass Bombardment of Haydnberg and after the Battle of the Stone Ring (the final battle of the Revolution (Haydnberg was built in a ring shape out of marble and stone)). Emperor Haydn IV was secretly trying his all to switch Haydn's government from an autocratic imperial monarchy to a republican government. To do this, he needed money. Lots of it. He increased the tax rate from 23% to around 67%. Many citizens could not pay this tax, and were forced to live on the streets. The Elder Imperial Haydanian Council told Haydn IV to abdicate the Imperial Throne and let his 17 year-old son become emperor. He refused, so the Council gave him one last chance before being tried by the Imperial Haydanian Court for treason, crimes against the Haydanian populace and not reinvesting tax. Amazingly, he refused. He was tried in July 1021. The trial went on for 3 months, with Haydn IV found guilty of all crimes. On 24th April 1022, he was executed in the Squwerlk du Haydn I (Square of Haydn I in Haydanian) in front of the Palace of the Emperor by beheading. Haydn IV's son watched from the Palace, absolutely disgusted at his father. In a page of his dairy he written 'he deserved that'. A year and a half later, in 1023, began the coronation of 18-year-old Emperor Haydn V. A new crown was used for this coronation, the Imperial Crown of Haydania, which is still in use today.

One of the first things Haydn V did was lower the tax rates to what they usually were, gave the homes back to the people who lost them and reinvested the tax money from the treasury into the nation. One of the more significant things that Haydn V did at just 19 years-old was found the Empire. Some undiscovered islands around 18 miles from Southern Haydn were very valuable trading hubs. If the Imperial Empire of Haydn held these prosperous islands for trade, Haydn would be the richest country on the planet. Another thing that Emperor Haydn V did was build the most powerful galleon of it's day. HIMS Messenger of Death. It has survived until nowadays and is still technically in commission. Tourists can see this ship in Dawnhold Harbour, Eastern Haydn.

One of the richest islands was called Safroniil (pronounced saf-ron-ill). Two Haydanian rowing boats were sent out to investigate the island. They returned with news that there were 3 galleons slightly smaller than the Messenger of Death anchored in a small harbour village in the Safroniillic Bay. On 23rd December 1025, troop carrier ships (that were old trading ships) carrying 2,000 soldiers each along with Messenger of Death sailed towards the bay where the 3 galleons were anchored. The Haydanians had the element of surprise. The Safroniilics had no idea that an invasion was coming. Messenger of Death entered the bay, turned starboard and fired a broadside at one of the galleons. The magazine in it exploded, sinking the ship. That particular ship is in 2 parts and is still visible today.

Safroniilic sailors boarded the remaining 2 galleons, lowered the sails and sailed toward Messenger of Death. Since Messenger of Death was already broadside towards the galleons, the gunners loaded chain balls into the cannons and fired at the masts of the 2 galleons. One of the main masts of one of the galleons fell down and dropped into the sea. Messenger of Death turned so the bow was facing the galleons. Iron cannonballs were loaded in each sides' cannons. The 2 Safroniilic galleons sailed so that they were at either side of Messenger of Death. The sailed, the Haydanians waited. They waited until the galleons were either side of Messenger of Death. Both broadsides fired on either side. Amazingly, these 2 broadsides sank the two ships, clearing the way for the landing of the soldiers.

The soldiers landed on the shore and began charging the harbour village. The nation of Safroniil lasted 5 minutes. Haydn had took Safroniil as a colony. The Empire, was founded. Haydn V began an 'island hopping' campaign, colonizing all islands. This started in 1027 and ended in 1045. Each island was used for mining, wood for ships etc. Each made millions of Haydnmarks from trade.

Sadly, in 1050, Emperor Haydn V died. Almost the exact number attended Haydn V's funeral as Haydn I's funeral. 100,000. Haydn V's coffin was made of polished oak and gold.

'He was an exquisite emperor. I think he can rival Haydn I himself.'
Henry Nolder, High Chancellor of the Elder Imperial Haydanian Council, 1002-1064 (in office 1037-1064)
Last edited by Haydn on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 am

History: 1457-1506 Big Discoveries

In the mid-late 15th Century, Haydn was exploring north-west/north directions to discover new lands. In 1458, India was discovered and was used for trading. It was not colonized however, it would be later, but at this time nobody knew how big India was. In 1461, one of the biggest discoveries was made: Europe. The explorers landed on the southern coast of England and were greeted by the people. Haydn later allied with the Kingdom of England in 1464 and, in that time, became enemies of France. Haydn gave alot of research and technology to England such as the iron cannons, chain cannonballs etc. Haydn did not contribute troops to the Hundred Years' War though, as they were still getting used to the land. In around 1487, all of Europe and India were mapped accurately. These maps look almost exactly the same as they do today. In 1491, Haydanian explorers landed in Africa. That was mapped in 1504.

Most of this newly discovered land was used for trade as for the cotton from India, fruit from Africa and mixed materials from Europe. By around 1505, with Emperor Baurus III on the Imperial Throne, there was billions of Haydnmarks in the treasury from trade. Coffee, even it can be produced in Haydn, was massively made in Africa and India.

Blue: Allies
Green: Trading hubs
Red: Colonies
Last edited by Haydn on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 am

History: 1647-1649 The Tale of Two Religions

As in England King Henry VIII braked away from the Catholic Church, many Haydanian explorers that returned from England in the mid 17th Century began spreading the word of Protestantism. Many Haydanians converted to Protestantism, even the emperor, Emperor Haydn VI. Haydn VI declared Protestantism the national religion of the Imperial Empire of Haydn and started Haydanian Church Protestantism. Many of Haydanian citizens still loyal to the Pope got angry and got violent. Many friends became enemies because of the religion switch.

These Catholic rebels began a war against the Protestant government and people. The war lasted just over a year with, of course the bigger army and navy, the Protestants were victorious. The most significant battle was the Battle of the East Haydanian Sea, being the only naval battle of the war but this battle was one of the most bloodiest. It was only between 4 Protestant ships and 3 Catholic ships and the casualties were:

Protestants:
104 men

Catholics:
678 men
2 ships

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm

History: 1694-1763 Australia, New Zealand, The Americas and the Seven Years' War

As the English, French and Spanish were exploring New Worlds and gaining more colonies and wealth, the Imperial Empire of Haydn sent explorers, soldiers and weapons to the New World. They found the English colonies of Jamestown and New York. The Haydanians spoke to the English and they warned them not to venture west, as the French colony of Louisiana and the Spanish area around Santa Fe. Skirmishes were fought along the English eastern seaboard colonies. The Haydanians secured and area between the English east and French Louisiana and named it Tralla-spiki (meaning 'total power' in Haydanian).

Red: British claims
Green: Haydanian claims
Blue: French claims
Orange: Spanish claims

By the 18th Century Haydn was expanding in the Americas. In 1734, a Haydanian captain, Captain John Clain, discovered Australia and he claimed it for Haydn. He did the same with New Zealand in 1737. Haydn's first ever all-out war with France was the Seven Years' War in 1756. The Haydanian colony in America was under threat by the French and Spanish and the Indian trading centers were under attack in 1758. Supply lines were blocked as supply ships were the only way to get to Tralla-spiki. In order to get there, the supply ships had to goan up the Mississippi River (in the middle of French Louisiana) and up the Ohio River. The French (obviously) blocked the Mississippi therefore not allowing anything bearing an Haydanian flag in or out. Some supply ships managed to get through on the sly by bearing the Kingdom of France's flag. This was discovered within a year and a half.

A naval battle broke out in 1760 known as the Battle of the Gulf of Mexico between the combined fleets of the Imperial Haydanian Navy and Royal Navy up against the combined fleets of the French and Spanish navies.

The battle ended with a Haydanian-British victory. After that battle, the tide of the war was turned as supply ships managed to get up the Mississippi River to Tralla-spiki. Haydn captured north-eastern Louisiana and the British captured south-eastern Louisiana and Florida. To compensate Spain for the loss of Florida, France ceded all of it's territory east of the Mississippi to Spain.
Last edited by Haydn on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 am

History: Haydanian Raj 1729-1738

The Imperial Empire of Haydn has been in India since the 15th Century and still is. Today, India is a colony of Haydn, under the banner of the Haydanian Raj. The Raj controls most of south-west Asia and is governed by the Emperor. The reason of why the Raj exists is covered.

In 1729, India was heavily used for trade by Haydn and the European powers. The Mughal Empire attacked the trading hubs of the powers, including Haydn's. All of the Europeans retreated from India apart from Haydn. Emperor Haydn VII ordered that no one retreats from India or the surrounding territories.

Green: Haydanian territory
Blue: Mughal territory

One of the most notable things in Haydanian India was in 1732. The city of Bangalore, in central India, was rumoured to be attacked by Mughal troops. A detachment of 1,000 Red Jackets (Haydn's elite troops) was sent to Bangalore to defend it from any sort of Mughal threat. But 30 minutes before the Red Jackets arrived, Mughal troops assaulted the city from the hills nearby. The Mughals found no troops in the city, so they looted, killed and raped the citizens. All men and boys (including male newborns) were all shot on sight. The women and girls were all raped by the Mughals and killed afterwards. 3,600 civilians were rounded up into the chapel, locked in and the Mughals burned the chapel down. Everyone in the city was killed but a mere 4 escaped. When the Red Jackets arrived and saw the city burning and civilians being killed, they were fuelled with anger. Many of the 1,000 Red Jackets had wives and children killed.

After and intense engagement, the Red Jackets emerged victorious. All the Mughals that were captured were executed at the the rage of those soldiers that lost family in the Massacre of Bangalore.

The war ended in 1735 with Haydn effectively destroyed the Mughal Empire. However, the citizens of India were not happy as many civilian resources were used in that war. By 1737, with all out revolution on the brink, Emperor Haydn VII promised India he would make India great. Therefore, he founded the Haydanian Raj where India was made larger and more prosperous.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 am

History: New Zealand War of Independence 1784-1787

May 1784, Invercargill, New Zealand. Under Haydanian rule for 47 years, New Zealand's relations with the emperor and the government decrease massively - especially in Invercargill. Invercargill is New Zealand's and one of the Empire's biggest and richest ports. On average, the port had over 150 ships entering and exiting in 1782. Almost all of Haydanian New Zealand's trade come from Invercargill. A New Zealander, John Rows, will be at the centre of a revolution.

In Haydanian New Zealand's richest and busiest port, a 37 year old New Zealander John Rows has been publishing articles that criticizes the Imperial Crown, the Emperor, Haydn and her empire. Originally from Hamilton, he narrowly escaped capture and execution. Now, he is in hiding in Invercargill. Many of New Zealand's citizens turn against the Emperor. Workers go on strike, construction of buildings halt. These New Zealanders are protesting. By August 1784, these protesters were smashing any thing up that states anything supportive of the Imperial Crown. Shops, houses, halls and theatres were destroyed and looted. Invercargill Harbour is a target. 500 protesters raid and loot the ships docked in the harbour. All of the cargo that was stolen was worth over 10,000,000 Haydnmarks. The Haydanians respond by shutting down Invercargill Harbour. Many lose jobs.

John Rows begins a group known as 'The New Zealand Commonwealth'. A group of 18 men destined to bring independence to New Zealand. They state that all towns should have a militia to defend themselves and that any Haydanian attack on one town is an attack on them all. October 1784. A detachment of 400 Red Jackets is sent by Emperor Haydn VIII to Dunedin to arrest the rebel leaders and seize their weapons. As they arrived over the hill, they saw a group of citizens barely armed standing in a line. Some of the Red Jackets laughed. One rebel fuels with anger and fires at the Red Jackets in rage. One of the Red Jackets is hit in the shoulder. The general of the Haydanians to aim and fire a volley at the rebels, and that volley killed 14 rebels instantly.

The Haydanian troops charged the rebels as they routed. The first battle of the New Zealand War of Independence is won. The Kingdom of France hears of this war for independence. Being one of Haydn's great enemies, they back the rebels. The Kingdom of Norway, being an ally with France, also backed the rebels. On 18 April 1785, a Haydanian fleet set to invade Norway sails up the Bay of Biscay. Hoping to not alert French ships, the Haydanians travelled on a foggy morning. But, a French fleet under Francois de Grasse sails up the Bay of Biscay as well to reinforce Normandy. He is travelling in a straight line, the same as the Haydanians. They meet near Brest, both in long, straight lines. At 9:30am, the first cannonballs are fired. Almost all shots were fired at point blank because of the ships being so close to each other.

The Haydanians again emerged victorious and didn't lose a single ship. The French, however, lost all their ships except 1 sloop. France's west coast's naval defence is destroyed forever. The Haydanian fleet did manage to invade and take Norway, adding it to Haydn's evergrowing empire.

Back in New Zealand, the Southern Island and the Northern Island are surrounded by ships. A desperate attempt to break through the wall of ships of the line fails miserably. At the Battle of Hamilton the rebels are crushed and the Haydanians take Hamilton, Rotorua, Gisborne and Napier. In 1786, when the rebels looked doomed, a Haydanian assault on Wellington began, but amazingly, the rebels repelled the Haydanians from Wellington. After the loss of that siege, the plan on holding New Zealand for Haydn went downhill. By 1787, Emperor Haydn VIII was astonished to say:

'Withdraw from New Zealand.'

The Imperial Empire of Haydn has been defeated in a war for the first time by rag tag rebels.
Last edited by Haydn on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:49 pm

History: Technological Advances 1790-1854

The first modern war(s) which involved Haydn were the French Revolutionary Wars. No longer did Haydanian troops (aside from Red Jackets) have to stand in a straight line. A new rifle was introduced known as the Lawrence rifle in 1792. This rifle required hardly any gunpowder and (unless jammed) did not need a rainrod. The barrel could spin the musket ball for more effectiveness on impact. Grenades were introduced in the military in 1796 as a lighter cannonball with a fuse. Moving away from military technologies, back home in Haydn spinning machines were made which could wind cotton into the finest thread.

In 1808, the steam engine was introduced and was one of the main advantages Haydn had for defeating Napoleon. Trains and train lines were erected across Haydn and the colonies. Coal became more expensive because of the steam engine. India and the territories within the Haydanian Raj had the biggest and most complex train line system in the world. Steam engines were introduced onto ships and many old ships of the line were broken up in the early-mid 19th Century.

By 1849, Haydn and most of the colonies had train lines and steam powered machines and vehicles. At that time, it was Haydanian engineering at it's best. In November 1854 a shopkeeper, Vance Icks owns a shop on the eastern outskirts of Minsan, the capital of western Haydn. He is obsessed by a material from India: rubber. He has been recently selling coach wheels, but many have broken and he has received complaints and he gives them their money back. Icks spends every hour of his spare time in his laboratory experimenting on rubber. He reveals that rubber melts in the hot, snaps in the cold. He tries to make rubber strong - flexible. He tries every scientific elements he has to succeed. On 26 November 1854, before he goes to bed he leaves strips of rubber in sulphur. Icks awakes to see that sulphur makes rubber strong and flexible. He covers the rim of his coach wheels with vulcanised rubber. An amateur scientist, has just created a new industry.
Last edited by Haydn on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:23 pm

History: Annexation of the US, Expansion and World War I 1785-1918

In America, Haydn hears of their greatest and best ally, the Kingdom of Great Britain, have lost their colonies on the Eastern Seaboard. Looking to expand her empire, Haydn secretly gears up in Tralla-spiki to assault the so called 'United States of America'. An invasion force is sent in 1785 down the Mississippi to attack Florida. The plan works like a charm, as does the plan to take Georgia and the Carolinas. Now, seeing that their country is under threat, the Americans gear up and form a line along Virginia to halt Haydanian forces advancing up to the north. However, scouts hear of this and instead of charging straight into a line, troops load onto ships, go around the line and attack them by surprise in the back. Troops literally walk up the north and take each state. The United States are defeated.

After the technological advances Haydn has in the early-mid 19th Century, mass expansion in the Empire begins. Haydn takes the east of Russia, expands the Raj, colonizes parts of Africa and takes Spain in the Haydanian-Spanish War in 1863. When the 1860s turned to the 1870s, a new weapon is introduced into the military: the bolt action rifle. Could fire 5 shots before reloading, and had a range of 700 yards. This rifle was used heavily in Africa and India througout the 1870s. With the invention of telescopes, inventor Michael Ince sees if a telescope could fit onto a rifle to improve it's range. He is successful and calls the gun a 'sniper rifle'. His gun is used by soldiers in the 1880s and is still in use today.

Back in the 1850s and 60s Napoleon III came to power in France. Seeing that France was not as powerful as when Haydn faced her before, an invasion fleet set off and landed on the western coast of France. In Paris, when Haydanian troops got there, Napoleon III stayed in his palace while troops advanced on him. When they reached him, he was put on trial for not caring for the populace in France. He was found guilty and he was exiled to the Indian Ocean Territory. France was added to the empire.

By the 1890s, the Imperial Empire of Haydn eventually overtook the British Empire land wise therefore allowing Haydn to have the largest empire in human history.

'The sun never sets on the Imperial Empire of Haydn.'

In 1914, when WWI broke out it was Haydn that managed to stay neutral in the war. Supplying the United Kingdom via ship, no Haydanian soldiers fought in WWI at all and Haydn was more making money from supplying Britain and France. Emperor Haydn XII ordered no living thing under Haydn's banner must give their lives for sombody else's cause.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:24 pm

History: Second World War and the Modern World 1935 - present

At the start of the 1930s, the Imperial Empire of Haydn was enjoying being the world's superpower. In 1935, a battleship was ordered to be built before 1940. The world's most powerful battleship: His Imperial Majesty's Ship Haydn. Named after the nation by the emperor - Emperor Haydn XII - it was never to be rivalled, even today, with several upgrades it still stands unrivalled as the world's most powerful battleship. She was laid down in 1937, launched in 1938 and completed and commissioned in March 1939.

When war broke out in Europe in September 1939, Haydanian France stood watching the borders from Alsace-Lorraine in case the Nazis tried anything. On 10 May 1940 they did. Hitler ordered his troops to take France as it was blocking his route to expand the Großdeutschen Reiches. The Maginot Line was placed to attempt to halt Hitler's troops, but it failed. Many of the Imperial Haydanian Army were fighting along the east border, but amazingly the blitzkrieg was too powerful. France surrendered on 22 June 1940, Haydn's first ever loss of a colony.

Manufacturing war materials in Haydn and throughout the Empire heavily increased and with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour, the homeland was under threat. After the Battle of the Java Sea and the fall of ABDACOM, the homeland was in extreme danger of being invaded. The Raj was under threat after the fall of Malaya and Singapore. HIMS Haydn, even though just finished trials, was sent to the Java Sea on orders to complete a recon mission. Meanwhile, in the Celebes Sea, a Japanese carrier force was sighted and attacked by bombers and fighters. No carriers were sunk, but they were heavily damaged.

Heavy bombers were fitted with massive fuel tanks so they could fly to Europe and back under a tank. Bombing missions to Germany became common throughout 1942-1944 and inflicted heavy damage on the German manufacturing and the German people.

The Japanese, at this time, were more a threat than the Nazis so naval and air defence were invested in. On 7th July 1942, a Japanese fleet, consisting of 3 aircraft carriers, 5 battleships, 11 cruisers and 23 destroyers along with troop transports were set to invade Haydn. A Haydanian fleet and land based aircraft engaged the Japanese in the Battle of Haydn. The battle went on for 3 days, with Haydn emerging victorious. All of Japan's carriers were sunk and few ships survived. That battle almost completely destroyed the Imperial Japanese Navy. Not so much ship wise (aside from the carriers) but on their morale, that they feared the sight of an Haydanian flag.

Java was retaken and made a colony of the Empire in 1943. Malaya and Singapore were added to Raj and other islands were retook but not colonized. The Japanese were fought from the stretch to the Haydanian homeland all the way to their own homeland, where they eventually surrendered on 3 September 1945. Nazi Germany was destroyed in late April 1945 where the Führer, Adolf Hitler, killed himself in the Führerbunker. WWII was over.

More than 2,000,000 Haydanian military personnel were killed in WWII and just over 1,000,000 civilians from Japanese bombing raids. As the 40s drew to a close, the emperor was proud and pleased by his nation for hard work and great spirits and atmosphere even though all looked bad. The Empire was thanked for helping to secure world peace once more. Haydn were fighting in north west Thailand but Emperor Haydn XII ordered to pull out in 1971. When the new Millennia opened, Haydn was enjoying its wealth and helping other people throughout the world.
Last edited by Haydn on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 am

Geography

Haydn is an island in the Pacific Ocean near the East Indies. The island is split into 5 regions or provinces. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern Haydn and Central Province, which holds the capital city of Haydn: Haydnberg. Each province has their own de facto capital where they govern the region; but not the nation. Each province has their own different styles of land, as are follows:

The East is coastal and holds many ships builders in it's capital, Dawnhold. It is sunny in the summer and spring, but cold in Autumn and winter.

The South is also coastal and has ports, but is heavily forested and is the sunniest province in Haydn.

The Western side is primarily tundra and is chilly no matter what season it is. Is empty apart from it's historic capital where vulcanised rubber was discovered: Minsan.

The North is mountainous and rocky and it is always covered with snow in winter. Even though Haydn is in the Pacific and right next to the Equator, it is unknown how it snows in Northern Haydn. Sometimes if the winter is really bad, the entire nation is snowy.

Central Haydn is a mix of them all and has no main/potential land or climate.

The Homeland
The cities and province borderlines are in the maps below. The co-ordinates of the homeland are 5° 37'N 136° 00' E.

The Empire

The Empire spans to just under 1/4 of the world controlling massive areas.

Green: Colonies
Last edited by Haydn on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Economy

The Haydanian economic structure is complex, with certain things even changing at different times. Trade is one of the most cultural things throughout Haydn and the Empire.

GDP per capita in Haydn is right now 12,800 USD - 25,600 USD and is the same as around the colonies.

Unemployment in Haydn is on average 2% for people over the age of 18. Many students attend university and college even though it is not compulsory.

Income tax is currently 40%, however the Emperor is planning to have further tax cuts.

The Haydanian inflation rate is currently 1.92% but might increase due to undisclosed problems within the government.

Industries are primarily defence and arms manufacturing to protect the nation and the Empire. Social welfare and education are also primary industries while religion is almost not cared for at all.

Imports and exports have no primary items as they are all mixed. The Colonies export their own main item with in the landscape.

The Emperor or the government have revealed the nation or any colony are not in any sort of debt.

The currency in Haydn and all the colonies is the Haydnmark which are available in coins and bank notes. 'H' is put before the number to express Haydnmark. (Example: H200)

One Haydnmark is worth 1.456 United States Dollars in exchange.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Military

The Imperial Haydanian Army is 8,000,000 strong.

5,000,000 Miltary
800,000 Navy
2,000,000 Air force

Branches:
Imperial Haydanian Miltary
Imperial Haydanian Navy
Imperial Haydanian Air Force

Allies of the Imperial Empire of Haydn:
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Kingdom of Sweden
Crata
The Sword
and many others.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Culture and People

Culture
National Sport: Football (soccer)
Average persons at theatres and bars every night: 1.56 billion
National Food: Chips (french fries)
National Animal: Haydanian Eagle

People
Life expectancy: 95 years
Nationality: Haydanian (pronounced: Hay-dain-ee-an)
Religion: Haydanian Church Protestantism
Languages: English, Haydanian

The Haydanian language is very complex and complicated. Different words sound different at different times.

For example: Head: Hyd (sounds high-d) Headteacher: Hydsobraanter (sounds heed-so-br-ar-ter)

The word head is just an example. There are many more in the language.
Last edited by Haydn on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Flags, coats of arms and anthems

Anthems
The current national anthem of Haydn is 'Rule Haydania!' and has been since 1801. The first anthem of Haydn was written by Haydn I sometime in 135 AD. It was known as 'Domine salvum fac imperator' (Lord, save the Emperor in Latin)

Coat of arms

Flags
Current Flag:
The current flag used by the Imperial Empire of Haydn was firstly put on a flagpole in 1642. It was declared the national flag by Emperor Haydn VI in 1645. It consists of the coat of arms on a red, green and blue tricolour. The tricolour's red represents the Empire, the green represents the homeland and the blue represents equality.

First flag:
The first flag was used in 123, when the nation was founded, to 1013 and again from 1020 to 1645. It was stopped being used during the Haydanian Revolution as Haydn III created his own flag (see below). It consists of three fleur-de-lis on a blue rectangle.

Haydn III's flag:
This flag was used 2 years into Haydn III's reign - 1013 - to the coronation of Haydn IV in 1020, one year after the end of the Revolution.
Last edited by Haydn on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 am

Emperors and Empress'

Reigned 123-179. Founded the nation of Haydn. Legend goes that he was so noble, when he died, God took him as an angel known as Qualos.

Reigned 180-191. Planted the seeds of what would grow to become the Empire.

Reigned 192-196. Erected castles in the capitals of Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Haydn.

Reigned 197-250. First Emperor to be at war with another nation. Made the navy one of the most strongest in the world.

Reigned 251-307. Increased Haydn's riches massively and made trade and mining Haydn's main source of money.

Reigned 310-313. First Haydanian Emperor to be assassinated.

Reigned 314-349. Drastically increased the amount of soldiers in the army.

Reigned 350-376. Invested in the construction of the first theatres in Haydn.

Reigned 377-435. Signed the approval for an abridged Leges Imperial Empire de Haydn: the Haydanian Constitution.

Reigned 436-467. Got rid of almost all power the Elder Imperial Haydanian Council had.

Reigned 467-502. Supposedly disbanded the Order of Haydn.

Reigned 503-555. Increased navy's ships and sailors drastically.

Reigned 555-592. Increased the popularity of the sex industry in Haydnberg.

Reigned 593-641. Helped and invested her money into Haydnberg's first sewage system, about 1200 years before London's first sewers.

Reigned 642- 676. Fended off a group of 'tribals' calling themselves the 'Cree' from attacking Minsan. It is mentioned in the national anthem during the 2nd verse.

Reigned 677-705. Restored the Order of Haydn.

Reigned 706-754. First Emperor to go on a tour around the entire nation, visiting the people.

Reigned 755-798. Climbed the tallest mountain in Haydn, Mount Nuuc, in Northern Haydn.

Reigned 799-827. Made extensions on the Palace of the Emperor, making it the biggest home in world at that time.

Reigned 828-841. Made crime almost non-existent.

Reigned 842-883. Killed a mercenary who challenged him to a 1v1 duel in the Squwerlk du Haydn I.

Reigned 884-935. Visited some of the islands where Haydn's trade came from.

Reigned 935-964. Gave everyone in the nation free food for a year.

Reigned 965-1000. On 31 December 999, the day before the first millenia opened, he opened a massive celebration in the Squwerlk du Haydn I, where everyone in the nation was invited.

Reigned 1001-1010. Assassinated while having a banquet. Lit the fuse that would lead to the Revolution

Reigned 1011-1019. Started the Haydanian Revolution.

Reigned 1020-1022. Started a phony dynasty, kept tax to try and make a pathetic government. Was executed, same as his predecessor.

Reigned 1023-1050. Founded the Empire.

Reigned 1051-1094. A couple of weeks after he was crowned, at the age of 22, he married the Princess of Tusjab, making any heir to the throne of Haydn a possible claimant to the throne of Tusjab.

Reigned 1095-1133. Being the son of Torrys III, was Emperor of Haydn and King of Tusjab.

Reigned 1133-1179. Constructs new buildings and brings in traditional Haydanian infrastructure on the new colonies.

Reigned 1180-1221. Researched new technology.

Reigned 1222-1287. Finished Baurus IV's work: gunpowder.

Reigned 1288-1339. First Emperor to have coffee.

Reigned 1340-1396. Started the Imperial Empire of Haydn Trading Company.

Reigned 1397-1452. Sends ships west to discover more land.

Reigned 1453-1516. Oversees the discovering of Europe, India and Africa and allies with England.

Reigned 1517-1564. Allows the publishing of mapped Africa and India.

Reigned 1565-1603. Allows the publishing of mapped Europe.

Reigned 1603-1639. Sends explorers to the 'New World'.

Reigned: 1640-1701. Known as the 'Traitor' to Catholics in the 17th Century, Haydn VI converted to Protestantism in 1647 and made Protestantism the national religion of Haydn.

Reigned: 1701-1758. The Emperor that formed the Haydanian Raj, Haydn VII colonized India and parts of America during the Seven Years' War.

Reigned 1758-1789. Oversaw the first loss to a war to rebels in the New Zealand War of Independence.

Reigned 1789-1803. Oversaw the technological advances and Haydn's first modern war(s). The French Revolutionary Wars.

Reigned 1803-1820. Defeated Napoleon.

Reigned 1821-1873. Invades and colonized France and the first man to see Vance Icks' creation: vulcanized rubber.Image

Reigned 1874-1898. Oversaw Haydn become the world's biggest empire.

Reigned 1899-1932. Sent aid to allies in WWI.

Reigned 1933-1974. Defended Haydn in WWII and sent Haydanian forces to Thailand in the Thai War but pulled out.

Reigned 1975-2006. Oversaw the modernization of Haydn.

Reigned 2007-?. Current Emperor of the Imperial Empire of Haydn.
Last edited by Haydn on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 am

That is the story of Haydn! I hoped you liked this as I put alot of effort into this. If you have any questions whether it be about my nation or you point out any mistakes I made, that can be asked here. Thanks!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information