NATION

PASSWORD

Copa Gaveo IV (Everything thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Slembana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Copa Gaveo IV (Everything thread)

Postby Slembana » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 am

Copa Gaveo IV

OOC thread

Welcome to the fourth Copa Gaveo. The tournament is usually held in Gaveo, hence the name, but this edition will be held in the north-western Esportivan nation of Slembana. Going into its fourth edition, the champion could be you!

Format

There will be two groups of seven. After six matches, the top four teams advance through to the quarter-finals. After that, it will be a normal, strict knockout stage.

Scorination will be done on NSFS 3.01, and no Rankings will be used. RP Cutoffs will be at 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC, 20:00 CEST, 14:00 Eastern time, 11:00 Pacific time - you get the point). The results will be up at 19:15 BST. It will not be exactly right, and if it isn't, I will tell you. All style modifiers from -5 to +5 will be accepted. Wins will count as three points and draws one point. Tiebreakers will be:
*Goals For
*Play-off match (if required).

I will start scorination on Monday 22 October 2012.

RP bonus will be included in this tournament. Quality > Quantity. Factors to take into account: creativity, grammar and spelling and respect for the other teams' RP permissions. All RPs will be ranked and given a score. The scores will be:
0 = Didn't RP
0.25 = Poor RP
0.5 = Decent/OK RP
0.75 = Good RP
1 = Excellent RP

A 50% deduction of RP Bonus will occur before the knockout stage begins.

Schedule
Today - Thread opens. Will be edited.
21 October - A bit of editing.
22 October - Matchday 1
23 October - Matchday 2
24 October - Matchday 3
25 October - Matchday 4
26 October - Matchday 5
27 October - Matchday 6
28 October - Matchday 7
29 October - Play-off day. If not, quarter-finals.
29/30 October - Quarter-finals
30/31 October - Semi-finals
31 October/1 November - Third place play-off/final

No guarantees will be made about days, but you needn't worry.

Groups:
Group A
Slembana
Amelio
Lunar Republic Islands
Lymantatia
St. Lucoa
Anollasia
Drachmae
Group B
Gaveo
Kingdom of Phoenixia
Thousandsuns
Maklohi Vai
Free Swiss States
Auremena
Estope

Schedule:
Group stage:
MD1 - 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 vs. 6, 7 bye
MD2 - 1 vs. 3, 4 vs. 5, 6 vs. 7, 2 bye
MD3 - 2 vs. 3, 1 vs. 4, 5 vs. 7, 6 bye
MD4 - 1 vs. 6, 2 vs. 5, 3 vs. 7, 4 bye
MD5 - 3 vs. 6, 1 vs. 7, 2 vs. 4, 5 bye
MD6 - 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 5, 4 vs. 6, 1 bye
MD7 - 1 vs. 5, 2 vs. 6, 4 vs. 7, 3 bye
Knockout stage:
Quarter-finals:
QF1 - First in Group A vs. Runner-up of Group B
QF2 - First in Group B vs. Runner-up of Group A
QF3 - Third in Group A vs. Fourth in Group B
QF4 - Third in Group B vs. Fourth in Group A
Semi-finals:
SF1 - Winner of QF1 vs. Winner of QF2
SF2 - Winner of QF3 vs. Winner of QF4
Third place play-off:
Loser of SF1 vs. Loser of SF2
Final:
Winner of SF1 vs. Winner of SF2

Rosters/Squads:
Will be still counted as RPs, but will be awarded double the amount of a normal RP. This is to encourage everyone to post a roster.

The RP Permissions box:
If my opponents RP first, they can:
Choose my goal scorers:
Godmod scoring events:
Injure my players:
Godmod injuries:
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players:
Godmod other events:

Also, state your style modifier, or I will treat it as 0.

Happy RP'ing!

(OOC: You cannot post yet, as I haven't posted all the IC information yet.)

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 am

Welcome to Slembana!

The fourth edition of the Copa Gaveo will be held in Slembana. We hope you enjoy your stay, and we hope you support your team - anyone could win, including your nation.

Information

Slembana is a nation which consists of states, and a Capital District. Accordingly to the latest National Census, the current Slembanan population is at 82,345,671, as of the 2014 census. Transport is world-class all around the nation, with many motorways, many metro systems, fantastic railway links, plane links from loads of countries, and ferries coming in to the country's major ports from all over the globe.

The number of emergencies are currently "999" for all three of the emergency services.

Slembana's biggest city is Bafilo. Other big cities include Chelsea, Yavelsk, Hardvesk, Vanderlei, Anderson City, Poleville, Poyvin, and Ifrickton. Its landscape is mixed.

President: Goerdon Yelter
Currency: Dilo (D)
Capital city: Bafilo
Independence: 15 March 1924
WA classification: Civil Rights Lovefest
National animal: Afra Bird
Religion: Christianity

Right now, we will talk about sports. It is currently March 2015 Slembanan time (at the time of this), with Slembana having burst onto the international football stage almost 20 months ago, which was in July 2012. Since then, Slembana have been fairly successful, winning a trophy or two. They participated in World Cup 61 qualifying, despite not signing up for the WC or the BoF (Baptism of Fire). Other than football, Slembana likes the two main rugby codes and cricket. Handegg (American football) used to be banned in Slembana, but it isn't ant more.

Slembana's current footballing club champions are Bafilo United, who won the league this year.

Stadiums:
(The first three stadiums will host Group A, the latter three will host Group B.)
1. Royal Slembanan Stadium, Bafilo
2. United Stadium, Bafilo
3. City of Chelsea Stadium, Chelsea
4. Atshakov Stadium, Yavelsk
5. Redland Stadium, Hardvesk
6. City Stadium, Bafilo

The first four stadiums will also host the knockout stage:
Royal Slembanan Stadium - Quarter-final 1, Final
United Stadium - Quarter-final 2, Semi-final 2
City of Chelsea Stadium - Quarter-final 3, Semi-final 1
Atshakov Stadium - Quarter-final 4, Third place play-off

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Slembanan tourist board

(OOC: You may RP now.)
Last edited by Slembana on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:46 am

Kits: Image - National Team Home Kit.

Image - National Team Away Kit.

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2
Squad:

Starting 11

GK: Pedro Sanchez - Veteran Goalkeeper, makes few errors and is very agile for his age. Over 100 clean sheets for his club.
CD: George Huntsley - Oldest team member at 41, very experienced and keeps the team in order. Claimed that although he is getting, this will not be his last tournament.
CD: Kyle Bartington - Strong centre back, works well with Huntsley, as he took Bartington under his wing.
RB: Simon Gillingham - Very speedy and agile left back, usually bombs it down the wing in order to support attacking moves. Although sometimes leaves the defence too open, due to him often pushing far up the pitch.
LB: Steven Shorprey - A solid left back, able to play at centre back aswell, very experienced. Prone to injury, but run his hardest every match.
CDM: Alehondrez Alvarez - Provides protection for the defenders, usually holds back and is a ball winner. Not very fast, but Regains possession for his team.
LM: Peter Batson - Able to pick out those long passes in to the box, often drops back and helps in defence. Has great vision.
RM: Charles Huppberry - Very fast midfielder, crosses balls in and is the free-kick taker. Often shoots too much and is likely to use ranged shots.
CAM: Graeme Smith - The spear head of the midfield, works with forwards and often pushes up to play a 4-1-2-3. Strong but agile, he is always looking to receive the ball.
LF: Jacob Simonton - Very skillful, often too greedy, but has great contol and decent finishing. The penalty taker.
RF: Joe Benson - The star man, often the target for corners and crosses and has remarkable finishing record. Over 150 goals for his club team.

SUBs

GK: Forrest Smith - Untested goalkeeper, but consistent none the less. Hoping to get valuable game time.
CB: Carlos Henderson - A defender that likes to help in attacking moves and is very strong.
CB: Jack Jones - A solid defender, built like a tank, but very slow and often plays as a sweeper.
CM: Fentley Harbington - A defensive minded player, often helps out the back 4 and is a playmaker.
CM: Joe Forrester - A ball winner in the middle of the park and is able to create attacks out of nothing.
CF: Kros Haltberter - Able to finish hard chances, but is inconsistent. Able to hold off defenders.

Team Style: -1

St. Lucoa Tribune.

The players had arrived in Slembana after a long flight from St.Lucoa. For many of them it was their first time leaving their island. Win or lose the Copa Gaveo would prove to be an interesting adventure for many of the young men who were playing for their country.

After the usual airport security checks the players checked in at their hotel and wasted no time in getting some practise before their opening match. The team made good use of the hotel's eleven-a-side football pitch, as they played on it for a full two hours, doing various drills and exercises. This also proved a chance to get used to the Slembana climate.

After training was over, the St. Lucoan national team manager, John Fairbanks went over the team's game plan for the opening game. It was decided that the team would play a little more defencive than usual. The team's star man Joe Benson said, "This competition will not only give us a chance to win some silverware, it will also give us a chance to bond as a team. The current team has not played many matches together, so this is a great chance to get some matches under our belts and hopefully give the travelling fans something to sing about."

We all know that the Copa Gaveo is a relatively new tournament and is smaller in scale when compared to the World Cup, but as Joe Benson said this competition is a brilliant chance for our national team to bond and it is also a great chance for St. Lucoa to make herself a contender in the footballing world.

Jack Smith reporting for the St. Lucoa Tribune.

Choose my goal scorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: NO
Injure my players: NO
Godmod injuries: NO
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: Only yellows.
Godmod other events: NO
Last edited by St Lucoa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Clint Eastwood: "Dobermans, a guard tower and a wire fence."
Richard Burton: "Fences can be cut or climbed Lieutenant."

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.
RP population is 70,000 and it's millitary size is just 4,000.
FACTBOOK http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... 4139Leader

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 am

Due to a request by Gaveo (the creator of this, and the host of the previous three editions of the tournament), I have brought the schedule forward a day, which means the tournament will start on Sunday 21 October 2012 (rather than Monday 22 October).

Lunar Republic Isands
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunar Republic Isands » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Lunar Republic Islands National Soccer Team

Starting Lineup:

GK- Dashing Hooves (Earth Pony-Mare)
DF- Abby BrightStar (Unicorn-Mare)
DF- Pearlight Star (Unicorn-Mare)
DF- Lightning Striker (Pegasus-Stallion)
DF- Cinnamon Swirl (Pegasus-Mare)
MF- Lucky Score (Unicorn-Stallion)
MF- Rocky Strider (Earth Pony-Stallion)
MF- Rainndrops (Pegasus-Mare)**
FW- Sport (Earth Pony-Stallion)*
FW- Lightning Martinez (Pegasus-Stallion)

Reserves:

GK- Helia (Pegasus-Mare)
GK- Luke Cappuccino (Pegasus-Stallion)
DF- Gary Chip (Earth Pony-Stallion)
DF- Parker Cola (Earth Pony-Stallion)
DF- Thunder Hicks (Earth Pony-Stallion)
DF- Fluffy Cotton (Earth Pony-Mare)
MF- Tony Strife (Pegasus-Stallion)
MF- Michael Fast (Earth Pony-Stallion)
MF- Ruby Diamond (Unicorn-Mare)
MF- Aqua Emerald (Earth Pony-Mare)
FW- Mia Ace (Earth Pony-Mare)
FW- Swift Kicks (Pegaus-Mare)
FW- Diamond Mint (Unicorn-Mare)
FW- Hot Speed (Pegasus-Stallion)

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Striker Klingspony
Assistant Coach: Colt Stallionberger
Goalkeeping Coach: Golden Speed
Coach: Swifter Ace
Coach: Axel Stallonburg
Trainer: Tony Dash
Trainer: Mike Mac

Style: +2.5
Formation: 4-3-2
Soccer History
Championships:
Runner Ups: Lymantatian Cup I
3rd Place: Slembanan Cup I
Appearances: WC63, BOF50

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Trainer Kristoffer Raske

Goalkeeper
#1 Lukas Eirikson, yes you heard right, I say Eirikson as in our King but they have no blood relationship. Anyway he is 20 years old and a good example for the whole chart. Since two years he plays in Benadigaro and hold the record for the most games with no goals so he was the logical choice for this team.

Defenders:
#2 Jakob Grietson 23 years old right defence captain of the team, raised from humble homes and proud of it. Football is his live and everyone who has the malevolence to play against him will congratulate the team for this man.
#4 Daniel 'the Iron Duke' Janson 20 years old left defence, the nickname sayed it this man is responsible for 5 major injuries, 3 bone crushs and the best statistic a team in Phoenixia ever had 58 goals to 4.
#6 Robert Frederikson 18 years center defense, nothing to say about him, silent guy who did his job with ease, no suprise on this position.
#7 Nils Gudwinson 22 years, center defense, comrade of Frederikson and Eirikson, together the two are responsible for 20 matchs without failure and a secure championship in Benadigaro

Middlefield:
#3 Lars Olsen 18 years right middlefield, brilliant in his debut season and got the spot without questions. 8 Goals, 10 Assists and 5 Men of the Match Honors speaks a clear language.
#5 Rio Rioson 18 years old left middlefield, immigrant from Columbo, lost his family early in his life and changed his last name to Rioson shortly before he was elected for this tourament. Valuable, talented Player but equipped with the temperament of his birth Nation
#8 Karl Gudmer 20 years offensive middlefield, questionable but a good player if he's in the right mood. Shoot 4 goals in a single game but his season yield only contents 14 goals.
#18 William Blonquist 23 years defence middlefield, player above average with a good sprint and a look for counters, offensive variant of Lukas Stefano. Only change in the rooster in relation to the BoF, a logic choice considering his game against Skyrim with 2 assists including the important 1-0 in the tenth minute.

Attack:
#11 Andreas Stenko 20 years Attack, son of immigrants. His father prefered a 'healthy career' for his son but after the first year in the league of Phoenixia he changed his mind. 50 Goals in two years, artist in regard of free kicks and a height of 2,10 metre makes this player unquestionable even more after his 5 goals out of 4 games, unfortunately 4 of them in the game against Skyrim as the team already lost the chance to go further than the third place.
#12 Jan Urquarth 18 years Attack, they last name characterize the player very good, 20 goals in the last season but also 3 red cards for unnecessary violence against the goalkeeper. But he promised a change in that. So far he was reliable and scored one goal against Skyrim.

Reserve:
#10 Edwin Karlson 16 years right defence, inexperienced but talented.
#13 William Jansson 18 years, Attack, not related with Daniel Janson. 16 goals in his first season, this year he will play the rule of a joker but he hopes for more in the next edition of the world cup.
#14 Ila Bergson 20 years left defence, unconvential name paired with a unconvential player, a force to be recognised and damm proud of it.
#15 Holger Gudwin 18 years allrounder, a talent found shortly before the tourament, good player for the middlefield but others than that he had no plans for a position
#16 Simon Wolf, an oldie in relation to the rest of the team, 30 years old and this will be most likely his last grand tourament. He is a experienced goalkeeper but he was at no time more than above average. Be that as it may he is the number 2 in the Goalkeeper Position.
#17 Jens Holgerson, only 16 years old and the rising star in Phoenixia. His nomination was a suprise for many journalists but he have earned this post with two good seasons in the college league.
#9 Lukas Stefano 24 years, defensive middlefield, got the tendency of the golden pass but his main advantage is the great defence work. Played in Heythor since 5 years.

System 4-4-2 with a rue.
Stylefactor + 2,5

You can:
Choose my goalscorers: yes
Godmode my goalscores: yes
injure my players: no
Godmod injuries: no
Issue cards: yes
Godmod events: yes

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm

(OOC: This will be occuring in March 2015 Slembanan time.)

Nation Name: Slembana
Name of Football Federation: Slembanan Football Association (SFA)
Head of Football Federation: Peter Gwynneth
Formation: 4-1-3-2
Squad (starters in bold):
Goalkeepers: Toby Gapman, Kevin Banks
Defenders: Callum Potts, Tom Iflon, Don Adobe (captain), Dennis Valfern, Hank Bowles, Warren Lockton, Norris Rawlinson, Cezary Artur
Midfielders: Finlay Yalnif, Olajide Tamerik, Follin Maxet, Jyvx Dagens, Max Locker, Martin Vëlbá, Yuppë Tárnix, Javo Jexa
Strikers: Val Kylx, Eddie Barlow, Toby Valfox, Jordan Valfox
Team Style: +1.5

Injure my players: NO
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: Only yellows. One per match, one per player. Tournament maximum - 10
Last edited by Slembana on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Squad: (starters in bold):

GK: N. Jayet team captain, V. Silmacos
LB: D. Borgorian, W. Mazar
CB: M. Kytle, F. Ferraris, R. Ciaro,
RB: N. Deparksi, J. Phillippos
LM: P. Benlizar, F. Cortez
LCM: A. Bel, S. Furocon
RCM: L. Eries, K. Fluke
RM: G. du-Lusavik, A. Tolmeki
LS: A. Fonti, W. Runof
RS: D. Artémis, E. Trayker

Code: Select all
Choose my goal scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Injure my players: Yes
Godmod injuries: No
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Sure, why not

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:35 am

St. Lucoa Tribune.

The 7,000 St. Lucoans that made the long trip to Slembana were enjoying what the nation had to offer. Although the number of fans was small compared to other travelling fans, the St. Lucoans still made quite a noise in the airport when they arrived. Most of the fans were singing popular songs, including our national anthem. The Slembana airports really had their work cut out, as most of the airport was full, due to the large amount of travelling fans. Most of the fans seem to think our team will do well and most expect to advance past the group stage. Expectations are high, considering St. Lucoa is a low ranked football team.

The national team, again trained for a few hours today. Come evening time they were allowed to leave the hotel and explore this foreign land. Although there was a curfew that the players had to be back for 8 O'Clock. Most of the players made use of the many bars in the city centre and also spent some time with the fans. Joe Benson was the person that most people were gathering around. The star man reacted well and signed a few autographs and then chatted with some fans for a few minutes.

The national team is in good shape, the extra training time at the hotel has proved useful and a combonation of hardwork and relaxation has stood the team in good stead. Fans have been rushing to the football grounds to buy last minute tickets to see their country play. At their opening match the players are expecting a sea of Green, Red, White and maybe a few Union flags thrown in there aswell.

Overall the fans and the players are looking forward to, what should prove to be, a great tournament.

Last edited by St Lucoa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.

Thousandsuns
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thousandsuns » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:48 am

Thousandsuns Football Council (TFC)
Dir: Dr Liam Jacksonbridge
Manager: Igor Kapannakmenang
Head Coach: Donilo Vampate

Formation: 4-4-2
First Squad List:

GK:
Morgan Delaplane, 29,
captain, Unterfeld FC
Delaplane was national team captain again for this tournament. Injured in early games while play in Copa Gaveo III. This player's main strenght is the accuracy of his throw.

DEF:
Kristofer Donatis, 27,
Königfurten FC
Donatis is a skillful player. He also believes to be fairly ambitious. Donatis really good in the air. The player's heading ability underline his strenght in the air.

Jarrod Andrzejewski, 32,
Unterfeld FC
Andrzejewski plays best as a Central Defender. However, he could be employed in a secondary role as Left Defender and Defensive Midfielder. Andrzejewski also good teal player and consistent performer. The player's worst set-piece is the taking of long throws.

Romeo Jeleniewski, 30,
Brauning FC
Jeleniewski plays best as a Right Defender. However, he also occasionally play as Central Defender and Right Wing back. Jeleniewski is a skillful player. Romeo Jeleniewski believes to be a fairly athletic player and ability to put himself in the right position makes this player an effective marker.

Alphonse Condit, 26,
Franzstett Olympic FC
Condit plays best as a Left Defender, however, he can also occasionally play as Left Wing Back. Condit believes to be a good team player, he also a consistent performer. Score 5 goal in Thousandsuns Division A League

Mid:
Eli Buntrock, 29,
Königfurten FC
Buntrock plays best as a Central Midfielder, however, he is equally adept at playing as Central Attacking Midfielder. Buntrock is an intelligent player. The player's first touch is key to him being a technical player.

Mitchel Wyand, 25,
Franzstett Olympic FC
Thousandsuns League A Golden Boot winner. Wyand plays best as Central Midfielder, however, he could be employed in a secondary role as Defensive Midfielder. he also have a high work rate and exceptionally good team player.

Cyril Paduano, 22,
Unterfeld FC
Paduano plays best as Right Midfielder, however, he can also occasionally play as Striker. Paduano believes a fairly athletic player, he also good team player with high work rate. Paduano is very poor at taking set-pieces.

Donte Kovack, 25,
Port Adeling FC
Kovack plays best as a Left Midfielder, however, he can also occasionally play as Left Midfielder. He has good pace and ability to cross the ball

STK:
Elliot Notto, 30,
Königfurten FC
Notto was an athletic player, his ability to strike a ball sweetly makes him a good finisher. He also fairly professional, resolute and temperamental.

Mervin Davide, 29,
Unterfeld FC
Davide plays best as a Target Striker, however, he could employed in a secondary role as Attacking Midfielder. He is a good team player, his ability to leap off the ground makes the player a force to be reckoned in the air. Speed is a rare commodity to him.

Reserve
Alonso Maybury, 27, Königfurten FC
Santo Avril, 19, Brauning FC
Sam Moorton, 28, Port Adeling FC
Carmelo Heckbert, 21, Franzstett Olympic FC
Rueben Alzaga, 26, Franzstett Olympic FC
Cartello Izzatoft, 22, Unterfeld FC
Luigi Gonyo, 27, Königfurten FC
Ike Panchik, 22, Port Adeling FC
Jack Fakgstaff, 20, Aragona FC
Lee Fauxsa,22, Brauning FC
Ian Southwich, 19, Port Adeling FC

Team Style: +2.5

The RP Permissions box:
Code: Select all
Choose my goal scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
Injure my players: yes
Godmod injuries: yes
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: yes
Godmod other events: yes

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 am

The Vaian team:

Starters (5-3-2):

Goalkeeper:
Numatao Makai

Defenders:
LFB Wakoro Malaopani
LCB Wono Kalopai
CB Wamoro Ulanamauaio
RCB Ruto Lapanimakai
RFB Mulo Kalopani

Midfielders:
LM: Runokunao Palatai
CM: A’auwo Malowai
RM: Tilao Palarutani

Strikers:
LS: Rumoto Noramanai
RS: Tumo Makanopalani

Reserves:
GK: Nokomo Pulamanai
GK: Rumao Malopai

Defenders:
Mota’awao Wurutopai
Nomao Kawai
Umo Munulowai
Muto Nilomapai
Rulo Kawai
Molu Lomai
Alu Napali
Ruta'ao Maniruto

Midfielders:
Numatao Makai
Muwao Nilopawai
Kolao Namopoi
Moko Romokanapai
Luto Omapai
Nuko Mulopai

Strikers:
Roru Lanipoi
Wano Mopa'ai
Makao Rulopanai
Nulo Makaopai
Ailo Malakapanai

Coach: Rimolanao Lomokanapai

Home Stadium:
Vaian National Pitch, Kolo Lahi. Capacity 112,532.

Style: -4
Choose my goal scorers: Yes (If multiple goals, one must be by a forward)
Godmod scoring events: No
Injure my players: Nothing that keeps them from playing in the next game.
Godmod injuries: No
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: One yellow per game.
Godmod other events: TG me.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Gaveoan National Team

Postby Gaveo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 am

Injure my players: YES
Hand out yellow/red cards to my players: BOTH

Formation: 3-4-3
Squad: GK: Joaquin Cádiz and David Nelson DEF: Hector Montoya, Michael Blue, Alex Orloa, Sebastian Riveros, Fernando Gomez, and Xavier Gonzales. MED: Miguel Franco, Jacob Andersen, Cardell Owens, Septimus Greene,Bru Yo Chan, Roberto García Jr, Miguel Valdiva, and Une Yabro ATK: Cesar Milano, Anders Ericksen, Joshua Hood, Sebastian Cádiz, Santiago Rojas, and Li Kan Hoo Bold means starter

Team Style: +4.0

Image:Home
Image: Away

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello! I am Jose Vasconcellos and this is Gaveoan Football Report"
*que trance music, and shiny logo*
"Hello once again! So this is Copa Gaveo IV: Slembana Edition. Today the roster and the team jerseys have been released. But guess what?"
(Audience) "What?"
(Jose Vasconcellos) "I will give my Jose Vasconcellos certified predictions! But after this from our friendly sponsors..."
*commercial*
"From World Cup football to Copa Gaveo IV: Slembana Edition, Cadiz Airlines will provide YOU the customer with top quality service and make your journey more exciting, now rates from Chano, Gaveo to any of the Slembanan venues only 189 Gaveoan Primes. Order today and get 3000 miles in free airfare. Support your team by flying with Cadiz Air. Standard rates and fees apply please goto http://www.flycadizair.com for more info
*que even moar trance music and logo*
"Okay my predictions! Maria Dos Santos, may you?"
"Okay Jose, here it is."
*que trance music with logo of predictions*
"My predictions!"
Group B
"Kingdom of Phoenixia: Never faced them but we expect to win despite the fact they are in the semifinals of the Friendly Cup. My prediction: 2-1 Gaveo
Thousandsuns: We have faced them before and have won but can we do it again? My prediction: 3-0 Gaveo
Maklohi Vai: We creamed them before in the quarterfinals 7-2, will they get revenge? My prediction: 1-1 Tie
Free Swiss States: We faced them in the Gran Final and lost by a goal. We will get our revenge! My prediction: 1-0 Gaveo
Auremena: From another region but never faced them... Can we win? My prediction: 0-0 Tie
Estope: We faced them once and won will we experience that again? My prediction: 1-1 Tie
Gaveo: 3-3-0 Possible qualify.
This going to be close! And thats all we have time left! See YOU next time."
*outro trance music*
Last edited by Gaveo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bruh.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 am

BBC World News.

"Good afternoon, I'm Jerry Kramer and this is BBC World News. Our top stories today include a miner strike in Chile, a possible royal wedding in Spain and a double recession in the UK. But, first some of you may have heard of the tiny island nation of St. Lucoa, located in the Caribbean. St. Lucoa is a British Over-seas Territory, meaning the Queen or current monarch of Britain is the head of state. St. Lucoa has it's own national football team and they are participating in the fourth Copa Gaveo. Many critics have written off the St. Lucoans, but fans seems to think there is every possiblity that their team can go all the way. The Governor of St. Lucoa had this to say to the national team",

A man in a suit appeared on the screen, he began to speak. "Hello, my message to our footballers is this.......please try your hardest to bring back some silverware for our country, but most importantly stay safe and enjoy yourselves. God bless. Goodbye."

"Well that's what the Governor had to say, let's here what John Lenny, our football analyist, has to say."

"Well Jerry, as you've said before many have written off St. Lucoa before the tournament has even started, which is a very foolish thing to do. Personally I think St. Lucoa will be lucky to reach the quarter finals, but that's just me. Teams should look out for the target man Joe Benson, as he can really make a team pay for their mistakes. But what concerns me is will the midfield be able to deliver good quality balls for Benson to recieve because so far from the clips I've seen the midfield look pretty poor. As for the defence, well what can be said about that. I mean it is as solid as a rock, especially with the 41 year old veteran George Huntsley. I think the team will do ok, but don't expect anything special from them."

"Ok, Thanks John. In other news.................."
Last edited by St Lucoa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 am

Cutting off late - not a good start. I was having tea/dinner. I've graded all your work - the results shall be up soon.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:50 am

Matchday 1 results:
Group A:
Slembana 6-0 Amelio
Lunar Republic Islands 0-0 Lymantatia
Anollasia 0-6 St. Lucoa
Group B:
Gaveo 2-0 Kingdom of Phoenixia
Thousandsuns 3-1 Maklohi Vai
Free Swiss States 2-0 Auremena

Now...let's see some RP'ing!

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

St. Lucoa Tribune.

The massive football stadium was packed full of St. Lucoa and Anollasia fans. The small section of the seats which was occupied by the St. Lucoans was covered in Green, White, Red and even a few Union Flags. The atmosphere before the game was electric, both sets of fans were cheering on their nations. And the stage was set for a fantastic game of football.

As no national anthems were being played, the St. Lucoa fans took it upon themselves to sing "God Save the Queen", which was shortly followed by "Abide with me". This must have inspired the players to do well because as soon as the match started St. Lucoa were chasing evry ball and closing down the Anollasia players.

After 15 minutes of play the game was still goal-less, until St. Lucoa won a corner, which was taken by Peter Batson. The ball was swung in with pace, but was directed goal-ward by the veteran, George Huntsley, the ball hit the bottom of the cross-bar, but still it creeped over the line. 1-0 St. Lucoa.

An early goal only made the St. Lucoan fans even more joyful. After 22 minutes Anollasia were on the attack, a shot was fired at goalkeeper Pedro Sanchez by George Michaels but it was nothing Sanchez could'nt handle. 10 minutes before the break St. Lucoa scored again, due to a well worked move that started at the back. The ball was sent up by Bartington and recieved by the star man Joe Benson. Benson lived up to his name and calmly chested the ball and struck with his left foot, putting the ball in to the top corner. The fans could'nt believe that they had a two goal cushion already, but there was more to come.

In injury time, around 47 minutes, Joe Benson again proved why he was in the team, as he took it past defender Jacob Niam. He was one on one with the goalkeeper and slotted it home easily. The whistle blew for half-time.

After the re-start St. Lucoa wasted no time in pressing for a fourth goal. Simon Gillingham's determination won the ball out on the wing and he quickly whipped in a dangerous cross. The ball landed in fornt of Benson again and the ball sailed in to the back of the net. But the goal was ruled off-side, much to the displeasure of the St. Lucoan fans and Joe Benson.

Joe Benson, determined to get a hat-trick again recieved the ball from Gillingham. Benson worked the ball around Carl Dobson and Yusuf Cem and was smart enough to pass to an un-marked Simonton, for him to put the game to bed. 4-0 St. Lucoa.

The only real Anollasia threat came in the 66th minutes, when striker George Michales broke free from his marker and was through on goal. But George Hunstley managed to pull off a good tackle to stop the attackers run. Peter Batson was shown a yellow card for un-sportsman like conduct, after he pushed an Anollasian player. Then in the 77th minutes, Greame Smith recieved the ball outside the box and avoid a sliding tackle by Anollasian defender Jacob Niam, giving him time to shape up his body for a shot. He struck the ball with venom, as it deflected off of Frank Madison to slide in to the bottom corner. The game was sealed.

At 89 minutes, the game was almost over, but a smart run by Joe Benson put him in on goal after he recieved the ball from Alvarez. The keeper came out to meet him, but Benson chipped the ball over the keeper and it rolled over the line and in to the net. It ended 6-0 St. Lucoa.

This surely is a decicive victory for St. Lucoa, not only does it show that we can hold our own in the footballing world, but it also shows what great players we can produce. A good first victory was what we needed and the boys did'nt let us down. This win has put us in a good position to win our group. And to all those who wrote St. Lucoa off before the tournament started, they must be regretting their decision to do so.

Last edited by St Lucoa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:30 pm

On an early surge by Thousandsuns, including two goals from Elliot Notto in the first 30 minutes, Maklohi Vai lost 3-1 today. Tilao Palarutani scored the lone Vaian goal in the 64th minute. The match started rather briskly, with the Vaian side getting two attempts at goal on their first attack. The second attempt, by striker Tumo Makanopalani, went off the bar at approximately the 4 minute mark. From there, the Thousandsuns team went on a slow, methodical attack, taking several minutes to set up and start advancing down the field. At 16 minutes, Notto took a long cross at the right corner of the box, and with one control, slammed it home with his left foot. Vaian goalkeeper Numatao Makai looked visibly shaken after the goal. This possibly contributed to his allowance of a second Notto goal just 6 minutes later. At that point, the match became a stalemate, with Palarutani breaking the shutout on a free kick in the 64th minute. Repeated Vaian shots were turned back by Thousandsuns keeper Morgan Delaplane, who on the day finished with 9 saves. The third Thousandsuns goal came at 87 minutes by midfielder Eli Buntrock on a breakaway down the left side.

After the game, Vaian coach Rimolanao Lomokanapai had just one sentence for the press: "When you give up goals and you can't put the ball in the net, you're just not going to win."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:59 pm

The One And Only Benlizar

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Put your hands together for the one and only... "Slippery P" Pierré Benlizaaaaaaaaaaar!

Don't ever call me Slippery P again.

I - Well. Very sory, shall we-

Squirt.

...Now, Pierré, tell me about the game. How did you feel about the goal you scored?

How did I feel? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Who wrote these questions anyway? How do I FEEL? Well, shucks pal, I feel GREAT. Is that what you wanted me to say?

...uh...That's fantastic! Now, there's been a lot of talk recently about you being "greedy," with the ball, particularly from your teammate Daniel Artémis. What do you have to say about this?

Artémis can go shove it up his robed litttle -

Sudden cut to advertisements

...and that's all I have to say about that.

...I'm sure that was eye-opening for all of us. Thank you for coming, Pierré. Until next time!

Thousandsuns
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Thousandsuns » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Sport Arena

Thousandsuns start win great win!

vs. Maklohi Vai (3-1)
Morgan Delaplane (C), Kristofer Donatis, Jarrod Andrzejewski (Ike Panchik, m76), Romeo Jeleniewski, Alphonse Condit, Eli Buntrock, Mitchel Wyand, Cyril Paduano (Luigi Gonyo, m81), Donte Kovack, Elliot Notto, Mervine Davide

Yellow card- Ike Panchik; Luigi Gonyo
Scorer- Notto (m16, 22), Buntrock (m87)

Igor Kapannakmenang's men took a significant step on Copa Gaveo IV courtesy of goals from Elliot Notto,and Eli Buntrock their enigmatic Königfurten FC midfielder.

Thousandsuns strengthened their grip on Group B .

Having withstood intense early pressure, the 1000suns stunned the visitors with two goals in the space of six minutes through Elliot Notto, to put themselves in a commanding position with half-time looming.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 am

DBK Sports - Football - Slembana 6-0 Amelio

In our first game in the fourth Copa Gaveo, we have beaten Amelio 6-0, equalling our biggest ever international win. For those of you who do not know what the Copa Gaveo is (or have not heard of it), it is a football tournament created by the nation of Gaveo. Every four editions, a nation other than Gaveo gets hosting rights. This is a new rule implemented, and we were the team chosen to host this edition of the competition.

We opened the scoring in the first minute, when Val Kylx, our star striker, hammered home from 25 yards, past Amelian goalie Marty Smith. Amelio's star striker, Sebastian Bugatti, hit the post with a volley in the 4th minute, before midfielder Javier Fenzo saw a great curling shot palmed away by our goalkeeper, Toby Gapman, in the 7th minute. However, after that, we were totally dominant, with our dominant spell being rewarded with a second goal, on 33 minutes. Eddie Barlow scored the goal, heading a great Yuppë Tárnix cross into the roof of Smith's net.

Amelio had some good chances to score after that, with striker Nello Fantoni hitting the post with a great shot from 25 yards in the 40th minute. However, a great Jyvx Dagens free-kick in the dying seconds of the first half put us 3-0 up, all-but putting the game to bed. The half-time score was good, in the opinion of our manager (Gavin Stockwell, who is a former captain of our team).

We went 4-0 up in the 53rd minute, with a great corner-kick from Finlay Yalnif, our right-winger, finding defender Dennis Valfern, who powered home a great header. Amelio still wouldn't give up after the goal, with midfielder Pablo Allone hitting the crossbar with a thunderbolt shot in the 57th minute. We went 5-0 up after 67 minutes, with Kylx scoring his second goal with a great penalty. After both sides had great chances to score, Kylx completed his hat-trick (and the rout) in the last minute, heading home from a great Yalnif cross.

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 am

BBC World News.

"Good afternoon and welcome to BBC World News. Stories that are hitting the headlines today are riots in Turkey and a possible cure for the common cold. But first, in our programme yesterday we talked about the St. Lucoan national football team and their participation in the Copa Gaveo. Many critics had written them off long before the tournament began, but earlier on today St. Lucoa silenced those critics by winning 6-0 over Anollasia. Joe Benson scored 3 goals, making him one of the highest scorers of the tournament. The St. Lucoa defence held strong and managed to keep the Anollasian attack at bay."

"This victory will really help the St. Lucoans as it will give them the confidence and the drive to do well in the next match. The support for the St. Lucoans has spread not only through the Caribbean, but even to Britain, as today many people tuned in to the match on the television. There has also been an increase in St. Lucoa national strip sales in Britain."

"In other news, riots had errupted in Turkey after a government official.............."
Last edited by St Lucoa on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 am

Sorry for the late cut-off, guys. I forgot all about this. Graded all your work.

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Matchday 2 results:
Group A:
Slembana 4-0 Lunar Republic Islands
Lymantatia 0-2 St. Lucoa
Drachmae 1-0 Anollasia
Group B:
Gaveo 2-1 Maklohi Vai
Thousandsuns 2-0 Estope
Free Swiss States 1-0 Auremena

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

St. Lucoa Tribune.

The stadium was once again filled with supporters who had followed their club half way around the world. The St. Lucoan fans were again out in force. Before the match fans sung "God save the Queen" and "Abide with me". The kick-off was suspended due to fans not getting in on time, which only meant the anticipation grew. Finally after half an hour of waiting the fans cheered as the ball was kicked of by Lymantatia. For most of the first half the Lymantatians kept the ball well and even created a chance or two. In the 26th minute, forward Phillip Silva picked up the ball in midfield and charged at the St. Lucoan defence. He avoided an attempted tackle by George Huntsley and the another by Steven Shorprey. Silva curved the ball towards goal, but Pedro Sanchez was agile enough to palm the ball away. The first half was pretty uneventful, although Graeme Smith did recieve a yellow card for a late tackle on Charles Silva. The St. Lucoa crowd were disapointed, as they expected their team to at least score once in the first half.

After the re-start St. Lucoa were patient and passed the ball around in their own half. The ball was passed to Peter Batson, he then played a long and hopeful ball to Joe Benson, which Benson controlled beautifully. Benson turned passed defender Edmund Silva and had a shot at goal, the ball was saved well by the Lymantatian goalkeeper, but he did not parry it away far enough and the ball luckily landed right at Jacob Simonton's feet, for a simple tap in. 1-0 and the crowd were over-joyed. Finally the deadlock had been broken.

Lymantatia kicked off, after St. Lucoa changed Jacob Simonton for Kros Haltberter. St. Lucoa's opposition came at them with all guns blazing, as in the 65th minute, Christopher Silva tackled Huntsley to win the ball for his team. Silva then took a shot at goal from outside the box, but it was never troubling Sanchez. Like the first half, the second half was pretty un-eventful until in the 79th minutes Joe Benson was on the end of a Peter Batson cross to fire the ball home with his head. The keeper had no chance and surely the game was sealed.

From then on in, St. Lucoa kept posession and ran down the clock. The final whistle went and it finished 2-0 to St. Lucoa. It was a good victory for the team, as it increases their chances of progressing to the quarter finals. The fans needed no excuse to party and even the manager was gleeming with joy.

After the match I caught up with Peter Batson, this is what he had to say,

"Well I think the boys played really well today. Some said that we could'nt use our first victory as stepping stone, but we proved them wrong. We had a tough game today, but with determination and the support of the fans we were able to pull through. Hopefully know we won't take our foot off the gas. I really think we can build up some good momentum."

Jack Smith Reporting for the St. Lucoa Tribune.
Last edited by St Lucoa on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thousandsuns
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Thousandsuns » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Second victory for 1000suns

Thousandsun pursue excellence in Copa Gaveo IV championship by defeating Estope 2-0. Thousandsuns goal scored by dangerous striker, Notto in minutes 41 and Unterfeld FC striker, Davide in the final minute.

When contacted, Director Thousandsuns, Igor Kapannakmenang expressed happiness with the performance of his players.

Thousandsuns earlier 3-1 win over Maklohi Vai with two Notto contribution goals.

In another development, Champions League A Springmont, Ogdenaire Orange FC planning to buy Notto with high transfer fee

vs. Estope (2-0)
Morgan Delaplane (C), Kristofer Donatis, Jarrod Andrzejewski , Romeo Jeleniewski, Alphonse Condit (Carmelo Heckbert, m86), Eli Buntrock, Mitchel Wyand, Cyril Paduano (Cartello Izzatoft, m81), Donte Kovack, Elliot Notto, Mervine Davide (Jack Fakgstaff, m90)

Yellow card- ; Kristofer Donatis, Cyril Paduano
Scorer- Elliot Notto (m41), Mervine Davide(m87)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports